New Ranger vs. PvE

New Ranger vs. PvE

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Let’s talk how good the new Ranger changes make it for PvE.

• Storm Spirit now functions a lot like Frost Spirit, except it’s a 75% chance to apply 3 vulnerability for 10 seconds.

This easily allows the Ranger alone to create 25 vulnerability on anything and everything you’re fighting so long as the spirit isn’t dead. Maybe this is a bug that it works so well? It still does say it has a 10 second effect recharge, I just don’t think it’s actually there. Even if we assume it is a bug, 5 people attacking with this once it’s fixed generate up to 15 in perpetuity.

• New We Heal As One along with QZ allows perfect quickness/might/fury/swiftness/regeneration uptime on the Ranger and pet without any outside influence.

Granted this sacrifices a lot of utility and your heal skill is always on CD, but this is really strong and totally viable for a number of PvE encounters.

Add both of these new changes to Spotter and Frost Spirit and general good overall DPS and I think this is a real contender for some serious speed clears. What do you guys think?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Ranger is pretty much warrior 2.0 with the downside that storm spirit might not be at its optimal use if capping vuln. But all in all this patch alone has been pretty much the best patch for PvE rangers and makes it a serious choice for “speedruns” and maybe even record runs.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

Ranger is pretty much warrior 2.0 with the downside that storm spirit might not be at its optimal use if capping vuln. But all in all this patch alone has been pretty much the best patch for PvE rangers and makes it a serious choice for “speedruns” and maybe even record runs.

Warrior is still useful for might and banners. I would be more worried about elementalist since they are primarily taken for DPS. They have some serious alternatives now with ranger and engineer. Ranger now stacks vuln and swiftness even better than ele and engi does overall more damage with the same vuln stacking and can provide additional stealth.

It could also mean bad times for thief getting replaced by ranger/engi.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

These changes come years too late.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

There’s a real choice now between healing skills. WHaO is finally competitive with TU and HS (although making HS a trap rekt that one). Condi damage on cats is noticeable with bleed on crit and whatnot. I actually noticed the differences this patch. It’s moving in the right direction but it’s still not there… Make spirits like the new astral wisps things that orbit around the Ranger and I’d be extremely happy and would most likely main my Ranger again…. That being said, deSade is right. These things needed to be in 2+ years ago.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

We Heal as One is gonna need to be nerfed a bit. Like, capping the duration of certain buff transfer.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

We Heal as One is gonna need to be nerfed a bit. Like, capping the duration of certain buff transfer.

Or just removing some boons from the list shared (probably quickness and protection). Or giving it the Fortifying bond treatment where it transfers set durations regardless of the actual durations.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Surprised they didn’t cap quickness to 10 seconds but maybe that’s a sheltered thought, it’d be interesting to see how alacrity and quickness could work with bloated durations.

very special guild tag [tX]

New Ranger vs. PvE

Taku.6352

Warrior is still useful for might and banners. I would be more worried about elementalist since they are primarily taken for DPS. They have some serious alternatives now with ranger and engineer. Ranger now stacks vuln and swiftness even better than ele and engi does overall more damage with the same vuln stacking and can provide additional stealth.

I didn’t say warrior would be replaced, more like ditch one ele and a thief for engi and ranger for a new “meta” comp.

Also there’s no reason to nerf whao. The random boon spam builds you see in pvp now are completely garbage and only works against complete knoblets. Yea sure it’s nice to have lots of quickness, might, fury and so on but in order to do that you’d have to take pretty meh trait lines dmg wise and it’s so ridiculously easy to counter with a necro or a mesmer that it will never be competitive.
This buff actually makes all 3 ranger heals usable in all game modes and have a good synergy with their associated traits.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Did a tour with a 1 warrior, 1 ele, 1 ranger, 1 engi and 1 guard comp today, could hardly feel the difference between this comp, and the standard 2 ele comp before the balance patch, it even felt a bit faster in short fights.
Ranger is in a really good position as it is now, but I feel like other people have a hard time acknowledging it, which isn’t that strange factoring in that 75% of pug rangers are terrible

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Ranger now stacks vuln and swiftness even better than ele and engi does overall more damage with the same vuln stacking and can provide additional stealth.

Actually since plenty of fights will not last long enough in 5 man comps to need more than glyph of storms, I don’t see this newfound ranger vuln stacking as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Also, elementalists can stack over 90 seconds of partywide swiftness in a few seconds.

Ranger isn’t bad, but it’s not like it’s doing anything that’s groundbreaking. Also even if engineer does have slightly higher sustained DPS than all other classes, you have to keep in mind that how on earth would it matter if when you’re in an organised 5 man team, much of the time you will get through an encounter before you’re even done with your opening burst?

Sustained DPS isn’t as big of a deal for dungeons unless you’re low manning. Even in pug situations, it’s common for things to die from your opening burst quickly enough to not even go through a full DPS rotation.

So with that in mind, what matters the most is mobility and burst potential. Which has the best for that, ele or engi? I admit I don’t really know much about engi burst, but I can tell you for sure that ele’s is really high especially when you abuse weapon swapping before an encounter as much as possible.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Except in raids where even 2% damage loss gets you killed.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Taku.6352

Well that fun didn’t last long. Back to being mediocre.

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/649267788121411585

New Ranger vs. PvE

Iris Ng.9845

I didn’t say warrior would be replaced, more like ditch one ele and a thief for engi and ranger for a new “meta” comp.

Also there’s no reason to nerf whao. The random boon spam builds you see in pvp now are completely garbage and only works against complete knoblets. Yea sure it’s nice to have lots of quickness, might, fury and so on but in order to do that you’d have to take pretty meh trait lines dmg wise and it’s so ridiculously easy to counter with a necro or a mesmer that it will never be competitive.
This buff actually makes all 3 ranger heals usable in all game modes and have a good synergy with their associated traits.

No, it’s not meh. A skilled power ranger with perma protection, regen, quickness, vigor, might and his kitten OP pet is very very hard to counter. Ranger isn’t the one-shot class, and plays more of the pressure role. All of their utilities are weak and that’s where all their traits ought to be defensive. Case in point, I was in a high-profile match last night in NA. My team has three power rangers, 1 thief, 1 engi and the other team is a meta comp- necro, mes, thief, guard x2, ele. My team only lost by 50 points different considered having only one point holder. When a shatter mes cannot one-shot a power ranger from stealth, or a cele necro gets forced to reset off point, it’s pretty cancer.

Also sighting p/p thief in the 2v2 tourney and it’s pretty kitten aids.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

• Storm Spirit now functions a lot like Frost Spirit, except it’s a 75% chance to apply 3 vulnerability for 10 seconds.

Erm no, it has 10s cd. Just tested after reading your post to be sure.
So no perma 25 vuln :P

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

It says it has one but I believe it is not currently functioning as one.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Which it shouldn’t have anyways. 10 sec icd on 3 vulnerability stacks is pathetic. Basically only makes it useful when in a group of 5 people fighting in proximity.

You’re sacrificing a utility slot when an engineer can cap vuln by just throwing grenades, which is his DPS setup.

My necromancer alone can keep up 15+ stacks of vulnerability rotationally without any utility skills.

Come HoT with reaper you cap vulnerability in an instant.

The spirits die to a sneeze and won’t have 100% uptime on most content that is actually challenging anyways, due to the aoe/cleave spam and the spirits for some stupid reason are on the aggro table, making mobs attack them.

Anyone who thinks a 50% nerf to ice bow is gonna make ranger replace an elementalist is an idiot, ranger DPS is only above necro and mesmer. I’s about as mediocre as it gets and more importantly that’s peak idealized performance, not the practical DPS of trying to use 1h sword on archdiviner or mossman.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

New Ranger vs. PvE

UBcktieDL.5318

Which it shouldn’t have anyways. 10 sec icd on 3 vulnerability stacks is pathetic. Basically only makes it useful when in a group of 5 people fighting in proximity.

You’re sacrificing a utility slot when an engineer can cap vuln by just throwing grenades, which is his DPS setup.

My necromancer alone can keep up 15+ stacks of vulnerability rotationally without any utility skills.

The spirits die to a sneeze and won’t have 100% uptime on most content that is actually challenging anyways, due to the aoe/cleave spam and the spirits for some stupid reason are on the aggro table, making mobs attack them.

Anyone who thinks a 50% nerf to ice bow is gonna make ranger replace an elementalist is an idiot, ranger DPS is only above necro and mesmer. I’s about as mediocre as it gets and more importantly that’s peak idealized performance, not the practical DPS of trying to use 1h sword on archdiviner or mossman.

As if elementalist can do perfect rotations on diviner and mossman. 3,5s channeled meteor shower anyone? And pls give some proof about dps numbers before you claim anything.

The problem with elementalist is: It is taken for DPS and some swiftness and fury(at least the staff build). It works good for eles as long as they remain the highest DPS class in the game. As soon as ele falls behind in dps in favor of some other class, they will drop out of the meta. Icebow nerf reduced ele’s burst a lot and, more important, they no longer have party-wide dps buffs beyond basic boons.

However they still have lots of blast finishers on their scepter|dagger/focus sets for huge prestacking of might. Ranger can provide a fire field on his torch weaponset for prestacking but lacks blast finisher’s out of combat (in combat he gets Clarion Bond and Drake Pet blast. I don’t want to trashtalk ele but i believe they actually have competotors for the dps role now.

(edited by UBcktieDL.5318)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Zenith.7301

As if elementalist can do perfect rotations on diviner and mossman. 3,5s channeled meteor shower anyone? And pls give some proof about dps numbers before you claim anything.

The problem with elementalist is: It is taken for DPS and some swiftness and fury(at least the staff build). It works good for eles as long as they remain the highest DPS class in the game. As soon as ele falls behind in dps in favor of some other class, they will drop out of the meta. Icebow nerf reduced ele’s burst a lot and, more important, they no longer have party-wide dps buffs beyond basic boons.

lol have you even stepped in a fractal 50? This comment is so unbelievably dumb.

Elementalist gets perfect rotations easily. It’s a ranged build that can stand just right behind the melee stack to still be in range of boon sharing but be far away from boss melee attacks, and with a communal defenses guardian the ele basically never needs to worry about getting meteor showers off.

“Provide DPS numbers”. How about you stop being lazy and look up the DnD/rT guild spreadsheets that have been constantly linked in forums and is available in their webpage?

I’m not about do your homework for you. It’s your responsibility to be informed instead of spouting off this clueless crap.

P.S. Ele doesn’t just provide “boons”. It’s the class that can provide permanent fury on its maximum DPS loadout, it provides a permanent fire field on lava font, it has access to TWO water fields on that same weapon, has 2 blasts, an AoE daze, a line root, a line of warding, and an aoe chill field. Earth elemental elite (compared to your crappy bear pet which nerfs your ranger’s dps considerably). Glyph of Sandstorm for aoe blind.

On top of the highest single target and aoe DPS currently in game. Even if engineer beats ele in DPS, ele brings so much utility besides DPS it will always be meta.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Rising Dusk.2408

Erm no, it has 10s cd. Just tested after reading your post to be sure.
So no perma 25 vuln :P

Meh, well boo that. I guess I got excited over other vulnerability I was applying then.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

New Ranger vs. PvE

deSade.9437

Nevermind, it’s 3am and I’m sick of liking rangers, I’m really sick. I’m too weak to handle liking a junk class in mmos, it’s unbearable.

“Licking” rangers. Not bad.

(edited by deSade.9437)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Zenith.7301

Opening Strike should refresh on the ranger like every 20 seconds or 15 seconds anyway.

The whole concept of opening strike is terrible in PvE with sustained encounters, clearly another example of them only designing traits/skill for pvp.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Taku.6352

Ah yes classic Anet. Give rangers a lollipop and take it away immediately all the while eles are in the corner devouring their bag of gummi bears.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

There is no way to really balance party wide skills for group and solo play .sPvP is small scale so all party wide buffs end up really strong in a group but weak when alone.

Same also applies to enemy groups vs bosses.

I think most utility/elite skills should have been designed to have two options, single target or multitarget.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

1000 radius is now small proximity?

On top of the highest single target and aoe DPS currently in game. Even if engineer beats ele in DPS, ele brings so much utility besides DPS it will always be meta.

Actually, it’s engineer who brings more utility than ele. Ele is mostly damage and fury, that’s hardly “utility”.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Elorna.5329

If it wasn’t for ele’s damage and the ease of that damage’s application, it wouldn’t even be used at all. Engie can stack might just as well or better, ranger can stack fury just as well and has extra unique buffs. But engie has a complicated rotation and ranger sword 1 can get you killed, plus the damage coefficients on skills are mostly kitten. On the flip side, with Icebow getting nerfed, thief is the one with more things to worry about than the ele about staying in the meta. Other than really long skips, engie can completely replace it while adding more damage.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

No worries guys, my bear has this!

But seriously, Ranger is a solid class for tours, both fractals and dungeons. Although the quickness for the full duration of the fight sometimes makes me think its a joke. Can’t wait to ’’experiment’’ with different class combos up until HoT.

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

(edited by pranker.3748)

New Ranger vs. PvE

UBcktieDL.5318

lol have you even stepped in a fractal 50? This comment is so unbelievably dumb.

Elementalist gets perfect rotations easily. It’s a ranged build that can stand just right behind the melee stack to still be in range of boon sharing but be far away from boss melee attacks, and with a communal defenses guardian the ele basically never needs to worry about getting meteor showers off.

“Provide DPS numbers”. How about you stop being lazy and look up the DnD/rT guild spreadsheets that have been constantly linked in forums and is available in their webpage?

I’m not about do your homework for you. It’s your responsibility to be informed instead of spouting off this clueless crap.

P.S. Ele doesn’t just provide “boons”. It’s the class that can provide permanent fury on its maximum DPS loadout, it provides a permanent fire field on lava font, it has access to TWO water fields on that same weapon, has 2 blasts, an AoE daze, a line root, a line of warding, and an aoe chill field. Earth elemental elite (compared to your crappy bear pet which nerfs your ranger’s dps considerably). Glyph of Sandstorm for aoe blind.

If you want to play this way:

- “Permanent fury”: Thief has 50% FUry uptime just by spamming steal, Ranger by just spamming Pet Swap on CD. Add 1 warrior shout or a ranger using warhorn pre fight and you have “permanent fury”
- “permanent fire fields” : Who needs that with a decent PS war stacking might for a party???
- “Two Water Fields” : At the cost of crappy ele dps for 10 seconds since he locked out of fire. But talks about "maintening “perfect dps rotations” easily.
- “2 Blasts” : Even Necro has 2 blasts for prestacking
- “AoE Daze” : again with crappy dps for 10 seconds, also requires enemies to walk through a wall
- “line root” : 1st earth attunment, again crap dps. 2nd: Every class has strong immobs, ever seen engi dropping net turret and supply crate at tar in arah? Ranger entangle? Warrior bola?
- “Earth elemental elite” : that one is true but since ele only has crappy elite choices anyway and is not reliant on these. btw most tanking can be done on ranger with drakes which deal significantly more damage.
- “AoE Blind” : Necro has Well of Darkness, Engi Flash Shell on mortar, ranger can use pet f2 blind with a bird bet every 5s. More than enough alternatives

And using dps charts from last year is a no go.

I will not continue this discussion. It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s kitten near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: xiune.9812

xiune.9812

Necros have been able to stack perma 25 vuln for years. with the nerf rangers are back on bottom.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Necros have been able to stack perma 25 vuln for years. with the nerf rangers are back on bottom.

Tell me about necro providing spotter and frost spirit, as well as high burst DPS instead of sustained DPS

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Where is all this vuln coming from. At 33% you inflict a 2.5secs vuln(on a boss) per hit, with 4 hits every 2.1secs on dagger auto you’re getting just over 4.5 vuln stacks. If you trait for vuln in shroud you get 3 5sec vuln every 3 secs for another 5 vuln, but you drop your attack rate so you’re sitting at 8 vuln stacks on average at best? And reaper’s touch gives 12 stacks for 5 secs every 14.5. And that’s only below 33%, above that you get 5 stacks average if you’re sitting in shroud, plus the burst off focus.

Storm spirit creates 1.5 average per player on bosses regardless of the health threshold and it has the longest cc in game atm.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Zenith.7301

With the caveat that the spirit gets blown up pretty much immediately due to aoe/cleave spam.

Besides, standard necro pve will be dagger/focus+greatsword. 12 permanent vuln stacks from greatsword alone, only 3 less than storm spirit and the reaper doesn’t need to sacrifice any for that.

Add in well of suffering, since no reapers would use anything besides well of suffering/corruption/power and signet of spite since the shouts are pathetic garbage in PvE.

Necro stacks vuln a lot better than ranger. And if he takes bitter chill or rending shroud, it’s game over.

The other part is ranger can’t do competitive DPS on anything remotely challenging. Try to reliably melee archdiviner or mossman as a 1h sword ranger without your communal defenses guardian spoon feeding you aegis.

A lot of these so called theoretical DPS output on the ranger is seen on explorable dungeons where bosses are little more than sandbags who pose no threat to you in melee, so the fact the 1h sword autoattack roots you and delays dodging is of no issue (and you can turn off autoattack to preemptively dodge, which still involves not attacking for a bit to not get locked in the animation, so it’s still a DPS loss compared to someone who doesn’t need to stop attacking seconds before a dodge).

Ranger also happens to have the worst cleave/aoe DPS in the game, and no the wimpy glyphs aren’t going to change that. If you thought pet survival outside drakes and bears was a pain, imagine raids with their even worse lethal AoE/cleave spam is gonna do to pets.

Hint, Vinewrath, Liadri, Molten Duo, Archdiviner, Mossman should give you indication you won’t be able to use jaguars anywhere in challenging content, nerfing your DPS absolutely to bring a garbage DPS pet that doesn’t get 2 shot but still ultimately dies to aoe of the Molten Duo/Liadri/Vinewrath variety.

I mean, it’s already impossible to play without Beastmastery due to the pet swap recharge if you don’t want your pets to die or have to call them back to you until your heal is back up because each boss melee swing takes off half the pet’s health from the cleave.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Good thing the condi ranger build has better dps and no animation locks :P

New Ranger vs. PvE

Rising Dusk.2408

Shame that it has a ramp-up time and requires enemies stand in your bonfires.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Elorna.5329

Shame that it has a ramp-up time and requires enemies stand in your bonfires.

The ramp up time is pretty short, since the damage is mostly out of fairly short duration, high damage burns. As long as the fight is about 10 seconds long, all your burns would’ve been applied and lasted for the majority or all of their duration. And “standing in bonfires” is the same as expecting mobs to stand in hundred blades, lava font, symbols, etc. We already assume they will stand in our AoE for most of the PvE damage builds to work to their fullest.

Not to mention the condi build can bring entangle to ensure the “stand where you want them” much more easily than the power build.

(edited by Elorna.5329)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Rising Dusk.2408

And “standing in bonfires” is the same as expecting mobs to stand in hundred blades, lava font, symbols, etc. We already assume they will stand in our AoE for most of the PvE damage builds to work to their fullest.

Sorry, contextually I was thinking forward to raids where none of that may be true. I think in that case I might prefer power Ranger where at least you can always shoot it in the face with LB and can always take GS > S/A if you need greater control of your character.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Elorna.5329

Yeah in that case, the more the mobs move, the better immobilise sources become. Or alternatively, ranged damage, both of which ranger brings.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Zenith.7301

Yeah in that case, the more the mobs move, the better immobilise sources become. Or alternatively, ranged damage, both of which ranger brings.

But not as a condi spec.

Condi ranger has even more horrendous cleave, its only condi cleave being bonfire, and axe/torch is a shotgun spec, meaning point blank melee. Condi ranger has no ranged options, since shortbow is horrendous and has been overnerfed over the years thanks to pvp.

It’s even more inflexible than its power variant. It has no mobility whatsoever as well or built in dodges. If the power build was lacking depth, the condi spec is about as one dimensional as it gets. The power spec has the luxury of bringing in warhorn for blasts and call of the wild which is actually sorta decent if only in need of cooldown reduction (knock it down to 25 secs cd), and it can bring offhand axe for extra reflects or path of scar’s pull and disruption.

And if they ever do buff greatsword, it’s gonna be a pretty awesome weapon. The power weapons synergize a lot better anyways, as condi you’re stuck pretty much with axe/torch and that’s as far as it goes.

But not as a condi spec.

Condi ranger has even more horrendous cleave, its only condi cleave being bonfire, and axe/torch is a shotgun spec, meaning point blank melee. Condi ranger has no ranged options, since shortbow is horrendous and has been overnerfed over the years thanks to pvp.

It’s even more inflexible than its power variant. It has no mobility whatsoever as well or built in dodges. If the power build was lacking depth, the condi spec is about as one dimensional as it gets.

Splitblade, bouncing axe, flame trap, sun spirit… am I missing something?

Yes? Listing abilities does not comment on their effectiveness. Splitblade only functions at all in point blank range, so it’s not really cleaving, bouncing axe is the worst, most horrendous and useless autoattack in the game, and flame trap, as I said, is basically a bonfire clone. Sun spirit can be used by any ranger spec and will be for the benefit of the group (ranger will bring sun, frost, storm spirits unless they make Glyph of Empowerment not total garbage as a 10% damage boost for 5 seconds on a 20 sec cd, which is basically a 2.5% group damage increase or basically around a third of frost spirit’s bonus, aka terrible).

(edited by Zenith.7301)

New Ranger vs. PvE

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

But not as a condi spec.

It’s even more inflexible than its power variant. It has no mobility whatsoever as well or built in dodges. If the power build was lacking depth, the condi spec is about as one dimensional as it gets.

New Ranger vs. PvE

deSade.9437

Then play healer. We all need to play pure healers with garbage dps, garbage support, garbage cc, 0 synergy with any other weapon and wear full clerics gear that will make our heals more potent by 2%.
…since BERSERKER META ISN’T GONNA CUT IT.
/ppppftttt
Devs can post all the way into trashcan oblivion, but it won’t take away the fact that NO real issue has been addressed and we’re stuck with the most un-dynamic role in the godkitten mmo universe. Healer. Phah. Healer. They built an entire game around 25k one shots, and we get healing for 3-4k.
Or maybe it’s just performance anxiety talking.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Iris Ng.9845

In before bosses are immune to Burning damage :p (Actually I hope not, because they are all plants! They ought to be flammable). Have you guys tried a bleed build? You can stack 50 stacks of bleed in one burst and it’s as sweet as the burning build.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Taku.6352

Ice bow is still a thing on sinister ranger. Easily +13k bleed ticks and would be even higher if spotter wasn’t at the same spot with hidden barbs.

New Ranger vs. PvE

Elorna.5329

But not as a condi spec.

It’s even more inflexible than its power variant. It has no mobility whatsoever as well or built in dodges. If the power build was lacking depth, the condi spec is about as one dimensional as it gets. The power spec has the luxury of bringing in warhorn for blasts and call of the wild which is actually sorta decent if only in need of cooldown reduction (knock it down to 25 secs cd), and it can bring offhand axe for extra reflects or path of scar’s pull and disruption.

And if they ever do buff greatsword, it’s gonna be a pretty awesome weapon. The power weapons synergize a lot better anyways, as condi you’re stuck pretty much with axe/torch and that’s as far as it goes.

But not as a condi spec.

Yes? Listing abilities does not comment on their effectiveness. Splitblade only functions at all in point blank range, so it’s not really cleaving, bouncing axe is the worst, most horrendous and useless autoattack in the game, and flame trap, as I said, is basically a bonfire clone. Sun spirit can be used by any ranger spec and will be for the benefit of the group (ranger will bring sun, frost, storm spirits unless they make Glyph of Empowerment not total garbage as a 10% damage boost for 5 seconds on a 20 sec cd, which is basically a 2.5% group damage increase or basically around a third of frost spirit’s bonus, aka terrible).

Yes, in case the “permanently moving bosses” is a thing, and especially if they’re immune to all CC while the break bar is up, then power is the only way to go for most professions. Hell, ranged power even.