New build testing for the raid ,need help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

I have found a new build for the raid but i need some test. I am looking for volunteers of 2 ps warrior, 2 zerk dragonhunter , 3 condi reaper , 1 zerk reaper (maybe 4 zerk reaper) and a druid healer. As it is only a test, i think full set of extoic equipment is enough and no food is required. VG is our first target. My objective is to check the dps of the first phase. If the dps is good that means the build is success.

If you are interested,please leave your account name or mail/whisper me in game. BTW, please tell me your play time.

(edited by cpchow.7416)

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Can I ask what it is you are testing?

I think most realize to this point that group composition on VG is nearly irrelevant. What matters most is people knowing the mechanics.

Are you testing a group set up or a personal build?

I am just curious as to what you are testing and what you hope to achieve with it. Either way. Feel free to message me in game if I am on. I can bring either a PS war or zerk DH. If I am not doing anything else I have no problem getting more shards.

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

Food on zerk classes may not make a huge difference but on condi classes its a LOT so you may want to have them use food. Also what is the point of DH, they are pretty useless in raids?

BloodyNine.7504

Also what is the point of DH, they are pretty useless in raids?

They aren’t useless. The 10 man Guardian VG kill shows that. They simply aren’t the BEST choice. But a skilled DH that knows the mechanics will always be better than a crappy PS warrior that doesn’t. It is just that other classes can do what they do better and bring more to the group.

But that is why I asked what this “build” is. And what exactly is it that he is trying to prove viable.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I would also like to know what he is trying to test.

It’s really a weird compo really. Where the fury will come from? Why 2 PS warrior at VG? Why 2 Zerk DH, why 3 Condi Reaper or 1 Zerker Reaper?

It’s not you wouldn’t be able to kill VG with that compo, it’s just weird to specify that particular weird composition. Is there a reason?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

cpchow.7416

Its a group build, if is works we can kill vg or any raid boss in 3miunte (maybe less). Thats why i need to test it.

Thaddeus.4891

Its a group build, if is works we can kill vg or any raid boss in 3miunte (maybe less). Thats why i need to test it.

Wait what?? In 3min or lessssss??? Ok now you are just trolling or have no idea what you are talking about. You want to no updraft Gorseval with that composition? And not only that, but achive one of the best Gorseval speed run.

I don’t even think that anybody will be ever able to kill sabetha in only 3min.

For VG, It’s possible for sure, but again, that would be one of the bes speed run ever.

You want to achieve the speed of a compo with like 1-2 Chronomancer and 2-3 Condi Warrior with your composition? Are you high?

I just hope you made a mistake and wanted to say kill any raid boss with 3min left on the timer (maybe less time on the timer). I still doubt that you will be able to achieve that with your compo, but at least you wouldn’t sound like a crazy person.

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

When is this? Ill give it a shot.
I can roll any class Full ascended with 70+ kills on VG and Gors Each.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I assume this is a comp built around epidemic. The idea has real potential on Sabetha at least. I cant convince people to make cond necros though.

However your comp doesn’t make sense. You lack a chrono and herald for quickness and 2 dragonhunters is overkill. You also want a Condi ele or warrior to help spread burn with epidemics.

cpchow.7416

ok guys here is the build ,i hope someone /guild can test it.
DH: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAreWnsABFChFdCedCEEhl4BrKA0AKAX7rJ1RQe/1/WgA-TFhXgAgaCcUCCo8jX9HA-w

Main weapon should be GS
The main theme of this raid build are communal defence and shattered aegis, it have 15sec CD but no boon share limit. It can share aegis to all the allies in 240 radius. When your allies block an attack you can damage nearby foes. What means if you had 100 summons near you, a guardian can make 100 hits every 15 second (passive attack only not include my active attack) .Thats why i need so many reapers.
For PS warrior , their main objective is to share might to the guardians but i think they are not necessary now. As the leading role for this build are guardian and necro, i think two more guardian or necro have a better dps than two warriors and their might.
I try the build today and with 9 more pugs. 3DH,5reaper,1 druid and 1 ps warrior, we are not well-organized and some reaper don’t listen to me and use their own build. I pass the first phase with 6min left for vg boss. Its not very kittenome of the teammate are not experienced (lots of them are down and teleported even in the first phase), no food and only extoic equipments. As a DH, I am satisfied as every 15 sec my screen are full of numbers (i forget to take a screenshot). You guys should try it as thats really amazing.

(edited by cpchow.7416)

randomguy.1283

Also what is the point of DH, they are pretty useless in raids?

They aren’t useless. The 10 man Guardian VG kill shows that. They simply aren’t the BEST choice. But a skilled DH that knows the mechanics will always be better than a crappy PS warrior that doesn’t. It is just that other classes can do what they do better and bring more to the group.

But that is why I asked what this “build” is. And what exactly is it that he is trying to prove viable.

I didn’t say they won’t possible to bring, i meant “useless” in terms of a mesmer or ANY other class (even thief) brings more to a group than a DH does.

randomguy.1283

DH: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAreWnsABFChFdCedCEEhl4BrKA0AKAX7rJ1RQe/1/WgA-TFhXgAgaCcUCCo8jX9HA-w

Main weapon should be GS
The main theme of this raid build are communal defence and shattered aegis, it have 15sec CD but no boon share limit. It can share aegis to all the allies in 240 radius. When your allies block an attack you can damage nearby foes. What means if you had 100 summons near you, a guardian can make 100 hits every 15 second.Thats why i need so many reapers.
For PS warrior , their main objective is to share might to the guardians but i think they are not necessary now. As the leading role for this build are guardian and necro, i think two more guardian or necro have a better dps than two warriors and their might.
I try the build today and with 9 more pugs. 3DH,5reaper,1 druid and 1 ps warrior, we are not well-organized and some reaper don’t listen to me and use their own build. I pass the first phase with 6min left for vg boss. Its not very kittenome of the teammate are not experienced (lots of them are down and teleported even in the first phase). As a DH, I am satisfied as every 15 sec my screen are full of numbers (i forget to take a screenshot). You guys should try it as thats really amazing.

This is an interesting idea, I’m not sure it’ll actually work, but if it did that would be pretty awesome.

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Guards bring prot, stab, fury. Quick, heal, DPS, CC’s and other things. What’s your argument again?

cpchow.7416

This build will be pretty OP in open world boss e.g. TEQ. If a well-organized guild running 30 guardians and 30 necros to kill TEQ. That means 30×7 summons ,a guardian can have 210 hits every 15s. 210×30= 6300 hits for 30 guardians . 210/15 =14 hits / sec. Remember it is (passive damage) only and you will not take any damage as there are so many ageissssssssss. I didn’t even count the active damage and ageis shared between players.
Next time if you run teq ,bring a guardian ,use the trait and stack to the boss.You will feel how awesome it is.

BloodyNine.7504

Main weapon should be GS
The main theme of this raid build are communal defence and shattered aegis, it have 15sec CD but no boon share limit. It can share aegis to all the allies in 240 radius. When your allies block an attack you can damage nearby foes. What means if you had 100 summons near you, a guardian can make 100 hits every 15 second (passive attack only not include my active attack) .Thats why i need so many reapers.
I try the build today and with 9 more pugs. 3DH,5reaper,1 druid and 1 ps warrior, we are not well-organized and some reaper don’t listen to me and use their own build. I pass the first phase with 6min left for vg boss. Its not very kittenome of the teammate are not experienced (lots of them are down and teleported even in the first phase), no food and only extoic equipments. As a DH, I am satisfied as every 15 sec my screen are full of numbers (i forget to take a screenshot). You guys should try it as thats really amazing.

Hey, If you want. Post the rest of the group specs you think we should use. I will run this by my guild. We should have the people to give it a go. Be fun to try at least. We might be able to get to it later this week if people are willing.

cpchow.7416

Main weapon should be GS

Hey, If you want. Post the rest of the group specs you think we should use. I will run this by my guild. We should have the people to give it a go. Be fun to try at least. We might be able to get to it later this week if people are willing.

Hey, call me if you need testers.

Guard

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWnsABFChFdCedCEEhl4BrKA0AKAy7v+3C8afNpOCA-TVROwAE1FMS5Hg9HAr+jMlgAA-w

power necro

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARnM0At1g10AebCs3glfBL+I+EriQJtAwHQaF0CSBA

condi necro

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArdnM0At1g10AebCs3gliBLeHOETiSfgQQHIKA8tSAA

Druid

Full heal please

Necro’s well corruption may change to other summon skill.

Thaddeus.4891

I didn’t say they won’t possible to bring, i meant “useless” in terms of a mesmer or ANY other class (even thief) brings more to a group than a DH does.

Pretty sure a Mesmer can’t do as much dps of DH. I’m not saying that DH have a high dps, but Mesmer is pretty bad a that. Thief is actually not bad in term of dps, the main reason why people don’t love it is because it doesn’t bring anything else than dps and it’s not the best dps of the game anyway.

But even that, don’t you know the meaning of the word useless? The guardian can fill roles in raid. There is a different between being less efficient and being useless. Word already have meaning you know, don’t need random people on the internet to change them.

Main weapon should be GS

OH now it make a lot more sense dude. You should have started your post by that lol.

If you need a Zerker DH I would happy to help you test it out. A lot of people in my raid group have DH and Reaper fully ascended. I don’t know if they will want to test it out or if we will be able to assemble the specific person, but I’ll maybe try with the Janx dps meter and see what are the result.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Interesting build. The lack of a target limit on Communal Defense is really interesting. Will be curious to see what kind of numbers it puts out while tanking.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Oh it has no target limit? You know thats going to get fixed sooner or later.

But even so i would still say a second dragonhunger is overkill due to probable aegis overwrite. And you still lack overall group dps in other areas.

So i would say use DH, Chrono, Herald, druid, 2 PS warriors, 3 condi reapers and 1 condi ele/war. Then you can use epi strat in addition to aegis abuse.

(edited by spoj.9672)

randomguy.1283

Guards bring prot, stab, fury. Quick, heal, DPS, CC’s and other things. What’s your argument again?

As I clarified before, what i meant was that everything guardian can do, another class can do better. Revs can bring prot, and provide more dps and more utility with it. In the case of raids, stab is not used. Revs can also give fury with more dps and more utility. Mesmers can keep 100% quickness uptime, and still have more utility with alacrity. Druid and ele can both heal WAY more than a guardian. As for DPS, DH does less than ele, rev, engi, warrior, thief, and necro while providing less utility than mesmer or druid.

As for cc, engi has slick shoes, your argument is invalid.

but anyways, this group build going on here i can now see why guardians would be the thing to take, I might try to help test it if I can get one of those classes ready.

BloodyNine.7504

Main weapon should be GS

Hey, call me if you need testers.

Guard

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWnsABFChFdCedCEEhl4BrKA0AKAy7v+3C8afNpOCA-TVROwAE1FMS5Hg9HAr+jMlgAA-w

power necro

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARnM0At1g10AebCs3glfBL+I+EriQJtAwHQaF0CSBA

condi necro

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArdnM0At1g10AebCs3gliBLeHOETiSfgQQHIKA8tSAA

Druid

Full heal please

Necro’s well corruption may change to other summon skill.

It seems like one key would be to keep the DH health below 50%?

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

As I clarified before, what i meant was that everything guardian can do, another class can do better. Revs can bring prot, and provide more dps and more utility with it. In the case of raids, stab is not used. Revs can also give fury with more dps and more utility. Mesmers can keep 100% quickness uptime, and still have more utility with alacrity. Druid and ele can both heal WAY more than a guardian. As for DPS, DH does less than ele, rev, engi, warrior, thief, and necro while providing less utility than mesmer or druid.

but anyways, this group build going on here i can now see why guardians would be the thing to take, I might try to help test it if I can get one of those classes ready.

It seems that you are truly clueless what a guardian can provide in a group setting and it’s potential.
The same agrument’s can be made for each class
Why bring mightstack ele when we already have PS war with banners and might, empower?
Why take heal ele when we have druid heals+boons? Why need heals when we can evade?
Why take engi when condi war hits harder and easier to play?
Why take engi for CC’s when the same CC’s can be achieved team-wide?

Guardian brings a broad spectrum of team utilities and boons, it doesn’t excel at them like other classes do for certain ones, but it’s more like a jack-of-trades. DPS isn’t that bad, you just don’t know how to form teams with guardians.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

It seems that you are truly clueless what a guardian can provide in a group setting and it’s potential.
Why bring mightstack ele when we already have PS war with banners and might, empower?
Why take heal ele when we have druid heals+boons? Why need heals when we can evade?

Guardian brings a broad spectrum of team utilities and boons, it doesn’t excel at them like other classes do for certain ones, but it’s more like a jack-of-trades. DPS isn’t that bad, you just don’t know how to form teams with guardians.

1.) Ele’s are not brought to raids for might stacking, they’re brought because of their extremely high DPS and high AOE potential. Lava font is amazing for clearing the orbs on Gorseval. Also their ability to blink to green circles at Vale and Canons at Sabetha is nice.
2.) You wouldn’t use an ele for healing if you take a druid. But as I said, ele’s are generally used for their high damage and AOE. If you choose to use Ele for maximizing their healing, then you wouldn’t run a druid.
3.) Cond warriors have no utility and they don’t hit harder depending on circumstances. They definitely hit harder on Gorseval but Engi’s have amazing CC potential with slick shoes. Why force every class to spec for CC or swap weapons to CC when an engi can almost do it single handedly? Net turret is also great for the phases where you need to kill the spirits before they reach Gorseval and the group healing from healing turrets water field. That being said Engis are not mandatory, and neither is burn warrior, but having one or the other (preferably both) is definitely something a raid team should have.

Problem is anything a guard can do a rev does a hundred times better. And their quickness uptime is poor compared to a perma-quickness chrono.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Uhh, actually, most of the answers to your arguments are “Yes, why? Let’s not do that”

>> Why bring mightstack ele when we already have PS war with banners and might, empower?
Yes, why? Let’s not bring ele for stacking might and let them destroy orbs and cannon instead.
Unless it’s a guild group and the PS warr like to play ele more.

>> Why take heal ele when we have druid heals+boons? Why need heals when we can evade?
Yes, why? Let’s just use druid which gives unique damage-raising buff and let the ele go zerker instead. Also, I don’t think you can evade the boss aura which deals damage every few seconds, hence the need for heals.
Unless it’s a guild group and the druid likes to play ele more.

>> Why take engi when condi war hits harder and easier to play?
Yes, why? Let’s just look for condi war on LFG instead of condi engi.
Unless it’s a guild group and the condi warr like to play engi more.

>> Why take engi for CC’s when the same CC’s can be achieved team-wide?
Oh, finally, not a “yes, we should not” answer. Because engi is the ONLY profession that can destroy Gorseval breakbar all by himself. This way the other 9 people of the group can focus on DPS (for example, Revenant suffers plenty of DPS lost if he switched to staff for CC)

So yeah, DH is just not as optimal as other profession for the CURRENT wing unfortunately. But hey, don’t blame your group if they’re having trouble with the boss and asked you to switch from DH.

(edited by LegACy.1296)

randomguy.1283

Why need heals when we can evade?

Exactly, why take a might stacking ele?

Why take heal ele when we have druid heals+boons?
Exactly, why take heal ele?

Why need heals when we can evade?
Not everything can be evaded, so..

Why take engi when burnzerker hits harder?
Usually for etra cc, but if not, why take engi then, optimally burnzerker is always better than engi, you are right.

Exactly as i said before, if you can still get away with enough ccs, you don’t need to take an engi.

You basically went on to prove my entire point while trying to disprove it? I really don’t know where you are going with this.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

If you are on UE I would like to join you. I can play zerk reaper

Parabrezza