New defiance in dungeons comming with HoT

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s gonna be terrible.

I mean, if aegis can block boss attacks why can’t blind affect bosses.

I understand blind is more spammable for a class like thief or guardian but a necromancer has a long enough cd to justify it, so maybe they should just nerf the ability of thieves to spam blind and guardian leaps so blind can work on bosses.

What’s the point of condition builds if conditions are just straight out inferior versions of boons.

Are you dumb?

Did you see the implementation in the interview? It won’t work.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I don’t like the new defiance. If it’s true and it doesn’t let us decide whether we want to launch/pull/fear/stun etc then it’s just a broken immersion. Let’s say some people break the bar and last hit to break the defiance is guardian hammer Banish. now imagine the effect of this Banish isn’t an awesome flying bag of meat/plant/whatever, but a predetermined effect like interrupt or stun.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I don’t like the new defiance. If it’s true and it doesn’t let us decide whether we want to launch/pull/fear/stun etc then it’s just a broken immersion. Let’s say some people break the bar and last hit to break the defiance is guardian hammer Banish. now imagine the effect of this Banish isn’t an awesome flying bag of meat/plant/whatever, but a predetermined effect like interrupt or stun.

Wouldn’t the immersion be broken after Banish/whatever CC effect failed to launch the boss every other time it was used when the bar/stacks were on O_o

You could just say that unlike weaker mobs, boss level mobs are actually powerful enough to hold their ground against hard hitting CCs and only be temporarily stunned when hit by multiple CCs.

BTW what I just said has nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics (ie. that you can’t as easily reposition a boss), it’s just targeted at the statement “broken immersion” which I found odd.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Because you know, I can understand that it’s a boss and it has to be more resistant, but when I break the resistance, I want to have a choice of how to control him. And that’s what we have now.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Because you know, I can understand that it’s a boss and it has to be more resistant, but when I break the resistance, I want to have a choice of how to control him. And that’s what we have now.

Isn’t having some random stack of a buff that says “Hey you hit me with 4 stuns throughout this fight, but your next ones definitely going to work just cause… it will (but then it isn’t going to work again for the next 4 times)” far more immersion breaking than having it so being hit by multiple CCs all at once stuns him in place even if he is hit by a move that would launch weaker mobs?

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

It’s entirely plausible that ripping off Defiant to score a DF is still going to be a thing, and it might be even easier since a 3 second stun hurts the Defiant bar a lot more than a 1 second stun. It’s hard to say without better information. How long will the Defiant bar be “down” when you strip it completely, for instance? Maybe this will remove permanent Stability from some bosses so that we can interrupt everyone equally (ie. Korga)?

They confirmed on Reddit that when the boss’ bar is gone there will be a predetermined effect regardless of what CC pushes it. So if the bar is gone and you blind the boss it will have the same effect as if you Deep Freeze.

Well that wasnt confirmed for the basic version. And if that is for the basic version then thats seriously messed up. It means all unique types of CC are completely useless. We can no longer pull, push, launch or fear bosses.

They stated in the article they wanted to give us more options. If we cant choose how we CC bosses then thats doing the opposite.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/The-New-Defiance-Article/first#post4828851

My interpretation of “broad reaching solution” being the basic version that gets rolled out across existing content. I’m leaning towards that meaning when the defiance bar is depleted ( by whatever means) something will happen. Even for the “basic version”

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Looking at this objectively…

1. The new system is a defiance system that is based around interrupting key skills, not on boss lock down like the current system.
2. Existing dungeon bosses (mostly) do not have key skills that need to be interrupted. Interrupting a key skill in a dungeon boss now is a nice bonus, but CC is really used for positioning and to an even greater extent lock down with deep freeze.
3. It would be easy to design very challenging raid style bosses who have mechanics that must be interrupted or will cause a wipe, or something less than a wipe but still severe.

So my preliminary thoughts is applying the new system will make old bosses less interesting and overall worse. But it opens the door for new bosses to be designed who are built with the concept of “interrupt or suffer” in mind, which would be a far superior design. So the ball is in Anet’s court to develop the great content that the new defiance system enables, which will outweigh the crappiness of the change to the old content.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

One positive thing about eles is that they don’t have any cc on fire attunement. If this deffience bar becomes something important we might be able to do something other than lava font+autoatck most of the time and see more usage of all attunements.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Yeah, I really don’t see a way this can be retro-fitted elegantly, except maybe on some multi-phase fractal bosses if they gave them a bit of a rework. It makes me a little more nervous for the expac to deliver on the instanced content front, if existing dungeons are going to pay the price.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s simple, old dungeons will be even more boring with the new mechanic so they will finally have a justification to remove it (like tafu).

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It’s gonna be terrible.

I understand blind is more spammable for a class like thief or guardian but a necromancer has a long enough cd to justify it, so maybe they should just nerf the ability of thieves to spam blind and guardian leaps so blind can work on bosses.

What’s the point of condition builds if conditions are just straight out inferior versions of boons.

Are you dumb?

I don’t know why Saint said that. Anyway can you provide the sentence that Blind won’t make boss miss anymore? Because all I could find was when he talk how blind will affect the defiance bar and nothing more.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would expect blind to work after the bar is gone which would make it much more stronger than most control skills.

Zenith.7301

It’s gonna be terrible.

Are you dumb?

I don’t know why Saint said that. Anyway can you provide the sentence that Blind won’t make boss miss anymore? Because all I could find was when he talk how blind will affect the defiance bar and nothing more.

It will trigger a general stun. Basically, blind is used just to shave off stacks so the stun can go off, and they mention some blind sources like well of darkness and black powder having adjusted values.

I prefer a design where blind does exactly what it should, make an attack not hit your allies when used just as aegis protects them from said attack no matter what it is.

Blind is being lumped as a CC for spike/moment of opportunity purposes when Blind should function as a defensive condition that is to be an analogue to aegis. The new defiance system converts it from a defensive condition to a CC skill.

And this has significance in the pvp sphere as well, where blind was specifically used to avoid an attack and we hear players will now have access to defiance.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Thaddeus.4891

It will trigger a general stun. Basically, blind is used just to shave off stacks so the stun can go off, and they mention some blind sources like well of darkness and black powder having adjusted values.

I prefer a design where blind does exactly what it should, make an attack not hit your allies when used just as aegis protects them from said attack no matter what it is.

Blind is being lumped as a CC for spike/moment of opportunity purposes when Blind should function as a defensive condition that is to be an analogue to aegis. The new defiance system converts it from a defensive condition to a CC skill.

And this has significance in the pvp sphere as well, where blind was specifically used to avoid an attack and we hear players will now have access to defiance.

No No. I ask for the specific source. Like copy paste the part of the interview and put it in quote. Because I understand what you are saying. I’m just not reading any of that in the actual interview. Either you or me didn’t understood the same thing from the interview or you have a piece of information that I don’t have.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

No No. I ask for the specific source. Like copy paste the part of the interview and put it in quote. Because I understand what you are saying. I’m just not reading any of that in the actual interview. Either you or me didn’t understood the same thing from the interview or you have a piece of information that I don’t have.

On reddit someone said, “I think it works this way…” and explained that once you shave the stacks the next CC (even blind) would trigger a pre-determined response like a stun or something. An Anet person responded to that comment and said, “this is correct.”

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Thaddeus.4891

On reddit someone said, “I think it works this way…” and explained that once you shave the stacks the next CC (even blind) would trigger a pre-determined response like a stun or something. An Anet person responded to that comment and said, “this is correct.”

Ya but that just mean that Blind will contribute to decreasing the defiance bar, not that blind itself won’t have any ’’blinding’’ effect on the boss (aka 10% chance to miss next attack). Those are two different things.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/The-New-Defiance-Article/first#post4828851

I believe we’re still balancing the broad-reaching solution but yes, a significant stun will be applied.

The implication being, once the bar is depleted it triggers a specific event, unlike the current system which allows your next cc to go through. From what we’ve seen of the demos there is no visible “unshakable” status effect, and it would be unlikely that blind would function both as a defiant-ripping cc and as a condition that very occasionally effects the boss. More likely, blind is being turned into a cc to address the issue that the 10% proc chance was in practice the same as blind immunity, and didn’t really work as a mechanic.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I believe we’re still balancing the broad-reaching solution but yes, a significant stun will be applied.

The implication being, once the bar is depleted it triggers a specific event, unlike the current system which allows your next cc to go through. From what we’ve seen of the demos there is no visible “unshakable” status effect, and it would be unlikely that blind would function both as a defiant-ripping cc and as a condition that very occasionally effects the boss. More likely, blind is being turned into a cc to address the issue that the 10% proc chance was in practice the same as blind immunity, and didn’t really work as a mechanic.

lol i found the new blog funny, because it kind of presents blind like it was always a CC that behaved weird, even though it has never really been considered a CC effect before.

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

“Every blind will tick it and blind is scaled. Let’s say – blind takes a fifth of its duration. Blind is pulsing for 3 seconds and pulses 3 times. That’s 9 seconds of blind. A fifth of that is around 1.8 seconds – if my maths is right – so that pulsing blind field will do less than a Backbreaker. What’s detrimental to the pulsing skills is that by the time the third one occurs the Breakbar is regenerating so fast that the first pulse is probably gone.”
http://www.tentonhammer.com/interview/guild-wars-2-interview-jon-peters-and-kevin-stocker-talk-defiance-wyvern

I’m curious as to how much “stun” will be required of a group of 5 to break that bar. Also wondering if this will scale in dungeons so that soloing stuff is still reasonably possible. Would they realistically expect the average pug group to time 5 seconds of CC at the correct time? Especially with incorrect timing of CC sounding like it can be actively detrimental.

Something like flash grenade on engi in a meta build (5*3*1.7*.2) is still worth 5.1 seconds of “stun.” 8 or 10 second CD. If this break bar comes up often in the old dungeons, and if the generic stun is 3-4 seconds on a boss, that sounds really good for locking down a boss.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

“Every blind will tick it and blind is scaled. Let’s say – blind takes a fifth of its duration. Blind is pulsing for 3 seconds and pulses 3 times. That’s 9 seconds of blind. A fifth of that is around 1.8 seconds – if my maths is right – so that pulsing blind field will do less than a Backbreaker. What’s detrimental to the pulsing skills is that by the time the third one occurs the Breakbar is regenerating so fast that the first pulse is probably gone.”
http://www.tentonhammer.com/interview/guild-wars-2-interview-jon-peters-and-kevin-stocker-talk-defiance-wyvern

I’m curious as to how much “stun” will be required of a group of 5 to break that bar. Also wondering if this will scale in dungeons so that soloing stuff is still reasonably possible. Would they realistically expect the average pug group to time 5 seconds of CC at the correct time? Especially with incorrect timing of CC sounding like it can be actively detrimental.

Something like flash grenade on engi in a meta build (5*3*1.7*.2) is still worth 5.1 seconds of “stun.” 8 or 10 second CD. If this break bar comes up often in the old dungeons, and if the generic stun is 3-4 seconds on a boss, that sounds really good for locking down a boss.

My guess is that this is entirely designed for open world fights consisting of zergs and the regeneration mechanic is there to negate the effects of random people using their CCs. With a 5 man dungeon/fractal party, there is much more control so it’ll possibly be ok?

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

If they go through all the effort required to retroactively change every boss with defiant in the game, one would hope that they would also take the chance to implement a scaling mechanic similar to the one present in open-world bosses.

Otherwise soloers will just have to live without deep freeze I suppose, but it’s not like chain-cc in solo runs is feasible now anyways.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

But it opens the door for new bosses to be designed who are built with the concept of “interrupt or suffer” in mind, which would be a far superior design. S

With open world bosses.

Zenith.7301

But it opens the door for new bosses to be designed who are built with the concept of “interrupt or suffer” in mind, which would be a far superior design. S

With open world bosses.

It’s not like they’ve done meaningful instanced content lately ;p. I’d be willing to bet design will still favor open world zerg content.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Eh, no kitten. /shrug
Gotta keep in mind this is a very casual game, so it makes sense.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

With open world bosses.

It’s not like they’ve done meaningful instanced content lately ;p. I’d be willing to bet design will still favor open world zerg content.

no? some of the ls instances are well done.

but they arent dungeons, so nevermind, i can totally ignore your imprecise language.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

There goes the dream of many a kazul hero hoping to tank their way through bosses with their glorious nomad guardian lawl.

[don’t forget taunt is a status effect, not a condition].

Edit: wait, so now we don’t have ANY way whatsoever to reposition bosses other than LOS? Me no likie

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

This COULD be interesting, but 2 things are still up in the air :

1) How will this scale for solo? Probably not at all which would suck…

2) Is there really a pre-determined effect from using a CC skill? That would ruin so many skills, not even funny. I really hope this is wrong information.

Also like ^ mentioned, no more positioning bosses at the start of a fight is also annoying… less reward for strategy and more reliance on brute force.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

2) Is there really a pre-determined effect from using a CC skill? That would ruin so many skills, not even funny. I really hope this is wrong information.

This is just an awful system. That alone turns all CC skills in PvE into generic copies of each other with different values to break the new Defiant bar.

We will no longer have different types of CC, since the “break-defiant-bar” response will be a “significant stun”.

That is a boring system.

Zenith.7301

With open world bosses.

no? some of the ls instances are well done.

but they arent dungeons, so nevermind, i can totally ignore your imprecise language.

Ok, I’ll grant you the Caithe instances, those were pretty cool.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This is just an awful system. That alone turns all CC skills in PvE into generic copies of each other with different values to break the new Defiant bar.

We will no longer have different types of CC, since the “break-defiant-bar” response will be a “significant stun”.

That is a boring system.

I agree. Why put that system in dungeons? It makes sense to put it in zerg content because it’s not like your CC was doing anything anyway, but why ruin all cc in organized instanced content?

Quickfoot Katana.8642

That is a boring system.

I agree. Why put that system in dungeons? It makes sense to put it in zerg content because it’s not like your CC was doing anything anyway, but why ruin all cc in organized instanced content?

I believe I have the answer to that question:

Why ruin all CC in organized instanced content if this change is clearly meant for zerg content?

Well, because they’ve stopped developping organized instanced content for this game. Now they only churn out zerg content through world bosses.

Heart of Thorns will be filled with it. There will be no new dungeons in HoT. How do I know that?

Because it’s so much easier to deliver good news than bad news.

If there was anything they would be thrilled to tease us, but there’s nothing which explains the silence and spam of the terms “challenging group content” for open-world HoT content. They’re trying to move away as far as possible from the dungeon concept as “challenging group content”.

They probably found out the majority of their playerbase is not skilled enough to perform regular dungeons, so it’s not worth to spend time developping said area.

Dungeons also are static, and go agaisnt their idea of “a living world, with dynamic stuff happening everywhere”.

Then again, world bosses are spawned on a timer basis, so much for dynamic right?

It’s just hipocrisy.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

Why ruin all CC in organized instanced content if this change is clearly meant for zerg content?

if you think its ruined and “boring” then you probably dont understand the system.

and actually its not that hard to understand and see what you can do with it in terms of boss mechanics.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Maybe he means they ruined the diversity of CC for bosses (some pull, others stun, third fears away) and made them all do one thing. Breaks immersion, just like reflects not working on Malrona and her bolts of poison while everywhere else they work I guess.

Snow Crows [SC]

Quickfoot Katana.8642

if you think its ruined and “boring” then you probably dont understand the system.

and actually its not that hard to understand and see what you can do with it in terms of boss mechanics.

I definitely understood and Miku repplied correctly with my opinion

NoTrigger.8396

“cc diversity” might be ruined. but with this system they open the door for more complex encounters and interrupt-based mechanics that can melt your face.

and i really doubt they changed this with more easy mode content in mind.

[qT] Quantify

Quickfoot Katana.8642

“cc diversity” might be ruined. but with this system they open the door for more complex encounters and interrupt-based mechanics that can melt your face.

They made this system with open-world content in mind as their first, number one, priority. You still think we’re getting dungeons in HoT?

NoTrigger.8396

They made this system with open-world content in mind as their first, number one, priority. You still think we’re getting dungeons in HoT?

first of all they hired a raid content designer. i guess they hired him to write the main story for HoT.

then they talked about how gw2 hasnt had the “ultimate group challenge” yet and its something that gw2 needs.

and anet seems to be interested in fractal stuff.

you dont change the defiance system to a better one which opens the door for more challenging stuff only to design more open world content that has to be easy so casuals can succeed.

and i hope we dont get any dungeons in HoT and instead content that is more difficult than any dungeon could ever be.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Their raid designer has already been working on helping the latest world boss added with LS. They also said we would see the work of the raid designer hired in encounters “all over the map”, like that Wyvern, which is a world boss.

NoTrigger.8396

Their raid designer has already been working on helping the latest world boss added with LS. They also said we would see the work of the raid designer hired in encounters “all over the map”, like that Wyvern, which is a world boss.

which is a good thing and doesnt automatically mean there wont be instanced content.

+ if im not mistaken they said the boss is a 5 man boss?

[qT] Quantify

Quickfoot Katana.8642

which is a good thing and doesnt automatically mean there wont be instanced content.

+ if im not mistaken they said the boss is a 5 man boss?

Quoted from blogpost. This is the reason they changed the Defiant system.

“In Guild Wars 2, there are many skills that we consider control skills because they control what an enemy can do. These skills can stun an enemy, make them run in fear, knock them down, or otherwise prevent them from moving and attacking as they wish. These become problematic for boss creatures, which could be permanently controlled when fighting a coordinated group or *large number of players.”*

It is also said the Wyvern will harass players in the jungle and it’s open world. I hardly see how they would limit that fight to 5 players if thats the case.

This is also their reasoning for the Defiant re-work. To make zerg content more interesting in terms of CC. Of course we all know how this will end up: the new defiant bar being chewed away by the zerg spamming CC skills and it’s regeneration cant keep up with the CC spam and it just won’t matter the timing of CC, if the boss is constantly losing stacks lightning fast.

Look, I’m not saying our current Defiant is good, because it isn’t. But applying the new concept of Defiant to our old dungeons is just stupid. It doesn’t make sense.

NoTrigger.8396

if i remember correctly, when they were showing the fight on stream they said something like “5 really good players could beat this boss”

and you forget about the part “coordinated group”.

[qT] Quantify

Quickfoot Katana.8642

if i remember correctly, when they were showing the fight on stream they said something like “5 really good players could beat this boss”

Certainly, but that doesn’t mean there will be a situation where only 5 players will be there. If it’s open world, you can bet on it being zerged, filled with people and bodies who won’t waypoint when dead.

A coordinated group can be a zerg. Examples: Tequatl, Triple Wurm.

NoTrigger.8396

i dont see how you could call a “zerg” a coordinated group. and again i doubt they hire a raid designer for open world and story writing. they were already able to create that kind of content.
and chris whiteside was specifically talking about instanced challenging group content in the raid cdi.

we will see once we get more information from anet.

[qT] Quantify

Kurr.4179

i dont see how you could call a “zerg” a coordinated group. and again i doubt they hire a raid designer for open world and story writing. they were already able to create that kind of content.
and chris whiteside was specifically talking about instanced challenging group content in the raid cdi.

we will see once we get more information from anet.

From the quote, “coordinated group of a few people OR a group with a large number of people”.

So, a few good players can coordinate to be effective or a zerg just has an overwhelming amount of CC is what they are saying… not that it’s 5 man content.

As for the raid content designer, if one of their devs left they just replaced him is all. Since GW2 works slightly uniquely compared to other MMOs they hired someone with relevant experience to designing big bosses (world bosses vs raid bosses). Vinewrath, Wyvern, etc could all be considered raid content, especially by ArenaNET.

I agree with ^ that we are probably not getting any new 5man content except maybe a fractal or 2 (and I won’t hold my breath on that).

Finally, if you can’t see why this new defiance system is bad news for current dungeons I’m not sure what to tell you. Maybe they will split old content on the old system and new content on the new one but that’s very doubtful. Just have fun not being able to focus pull any boss anywhere because even if you break the starting defiance bar all you’re getting is a generic stun effect…

Everyone on this subforum should be pretty unhappy with this change as usually it’s pretty unanimous that people want more skill-based content. This is largely moving away from that to more easily control zerg CC.

Best case scenario, one/some of the world bosses will require zerg coordinated CC to stop an instant-wipe. I can already picture spamming my CC helplessly and watching half the zerg spamming 1 and failing to use CC.

One way or another, it’s removing skill versatility in PvE for a system that’s easier for ArenaNET to make content for, without pausing to think about the effect of the different type of CCs on their bosses anymore.

(edited by Kurr.4179)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

how did skill versatility even matter when the one cc skill you used was ice bow 5 and literally anything else was just a filler so some dude could pick up a bow and do it again

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

phys.7689

how did skill versatility even matter when the one cc skill you used was ice bow 5 and literally anything else was just a filler so some dude could pick up a bow and do it again

true, However, shouldnt they be building a system that will make different CC be used, rather than one that basically makes every CC that works into icebow 5?

I say, for non-specialized cases, they should make bosses vulnerable to all CC for like 6 seconds.
Then you can really punk him out for 6 seconds in various ways, but you will need access to the control effects to do so, and they will need to be off cooldown (some of them you will have probably just blown)

seems like it would have more play, and make use of the players actual skill bars, rather than CC only being about the break bar.

NoTrigger.8396

So, a few good players can coordinate to be effective or a zerg just has an overwhelming amount of CC is what they are saying… not that it’s 5 man content.

i didnt say they mean 5 man content.

As for the raid content designer, if one of their devs left they just replaced him is all.

they didnt have a raid content designer before.

Since GW2 works slightly uniquely compared to other MMOs they hired someone with relevant experience to designing big bosses (world bosses vs raid bosses). Vinewrath, Wyvern, etc could all be considered raid content, especially by ArenaNET.

there is no raid content in gw2 at the moment and a guy who simply designs bosses is not a raid content designer.

wait i forgot, wvw, tequatl and wurm is raid content of course….

Finally, if you can’t see why this new defiance system is bad news for current dungeons I’m not sure what to tell you.

i dont care about current dungeons and compared to the people who are stuck with their heads in tyria and believe that this is a bad system overall i have seen basically the same system in a game with content that is by far more difficult and challenging than gw2.

Just have fun not being able to focus pull any boss anywhere because even if you break the starting defiance bar all you’re getting is a generic stun effect…

icebow 5 isnt a generic stun effect?

Everyone on this subforum should be pretty unhappy with this change as usually it’s pretty unanimous that people want more skill-based content. This is largely moving away from that to more easily control zerg CC.

this is not true at all and if you really believe this, then you are not able to imagine whats possible in terms of mechanics and difficulty with the new system.

the fact that your time to interrupt is limited or the fight will become significantly harder alone should make you realize that the new system isnt “easily control zerg cc” in any way.

One way or another, it’s removing skill versatility in PvE for a system that’s easier for ArenaNET to make content for, without pausing to think about the effect of the different type of CCs on their bosses anymore.

it removes some versatility in PvE and adds versatility in a different way, which opens up more options than the current system for future encounters. it only depends on what arenanet will do with this system.

[qT] Quantify

Kurr.4179

As for the raid content designer, if one of their devs left they just replaced him is all.

Since GW2 works slightly uniquely compared to other MMOs they hired someone with relevant experience to designing big bosses (world bosses vs raid bosses). Vinewrath, Wyvern, etc could all be considered raid content, especially by ArenaNET.

there is no raid content in gw2 at the moment and a guy who simply designs bosses is not a raid content designer.

Finally, if you can’t see why this new defiance system is bad news for current dungeons I’m not sure what to tell you.

i dont care about current dungeons and compared to the people who are stuck with their heads in tyria and believe that this is a bad system overall i have seen basically the same system in a game with content that is by far more difficult and challenging than gw2.

Just have fun not being able to focus pull any boss anywhere because even if you break the starting defiance bar all you’re getting is a generic stun effect…

this is not true at all and if you really believe this, then you are not able to imagine whats possible in terms of mechanics and difficulty with the new system.

the fact that your time to interrupt is limited or the fight will become significantly harder alone should make you realize that the new system isnt “easily control zerg cc” in any way.

it removes some versatility in PvE and adds versatility in a different way, which opens up more options than the current system for future encounters. it only depends on what arenanet will do with this system.

You mentioned 5 man content multiple times in this thread. Yes Teq/Wurm is considered raid content by ArenaNET. You don’t know that they didn’t have a “raid designer” before, it’s just a title they used to hire someone.

Icebow 5 sucks and I didn’t say the opposite (I would remove icebow 5 from the game personally); turning all the different CC skills into generic Icebow 5 is much MUCH worse than the current system.

Wildstar sucks and I don’t want that content in GW2.

NoTrigger.8396

yup. i said multiple times they hired a raid designer to write the story. thats exactly what a raid designer does.

and no, i didnt mention 5 man content multiple times. i just said that they were talking about it on stream when they were showing the legendary wyvern.

wildstar sucks, when the game beats you.

[qT] Quantify

phys.7689

You mentioned 5 man content multiple times in this thread. Yes Teq/Wurm is considered raid content by ArenaNET. You don’t know that they didn’t have a “raid designer” before, it’s just a title they used to hire someone.

Icebow 5 sucks and I didn’t say the opposite (I would remove icebow 5 from the game personally); turning all the different CC skills into generic Icebow 5 is much MUCH worse than the current system.

Wildstar sucks and I don’t want that content in GW2.

have you ever played wildstar? what specifically about the content did you dislike/like?