New dungeon rewards and smaller parties?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

With the new dungeon rewards coming, do you think Anet will/should reward smaller parties more? That would be nice if a solo effort could get as much gold per time put in as a full party!

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’m going to become so incredible rich if this happens.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

playing alone is no fun

Lord Kuru.3685

But you’d have to do it faster than 5 times the amount of time it takes a 5-man to do it in order to make it worth it (assuming you’re solo). If you can, you deserve to be rich!!

Lord Kuru.3685

playing alone is no fun

In my opinion, the way dungeons are now, going through with a full party is much less fun than soloing (or duoing) because with a full party you can just mash buttons and get through easily.

(Trying to get the fastest time with 5 is interesting/challenging, but if you don’t have a regular group to do this with you, then this is not really possible.)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

playing alone is no fun

In my opinion, the way dungeons are now, going through with a full party is much less fun than soloing (or duoing) because with a full party you can just mash buttons and get through easily.

(Trying to get the fastest time with 5 is interesting/challenging, but if you don’t have a regular group to do this with you, then this is not really possible.)

Valid points, I agree with them, actually. Some players (like myself), find the fun in games comes from playing with friends. I get really bored if none of my friends are on, and this is also why I don’t pug

Dub.1273

But you’d have to do it faster than 5 times the amount of time it takes a 5-man to do it in order to make it worth it (assuming you’re solo). If you can, you deserve to be rich!!

I don’t even need twice as long and some dungeons are just a minute slower. Killing speed is slower but walking (usually 70%+ of the dungeon) is faster.

PS: I’ll be back soon cookie!

Dub | [rT]

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t even need twice as long and some dungeons are just a minute slower. Killing speed is slower but walking (usually 70%+ of the dungeon) is faster.

PS: I’ll be back soon cookie!

What dungeons do you do? Do you have a time for SE p1 that I can shoot for?

Lord Kuru.3685

Valid points, I agree with them, actually. Some players (like myself), find the fun in games comes from playing with friends. I get really bored if none of my friends are on, and this is also why I don’t pug

Actually, I agree with you on this point! It’s always more fun with friends… but when my friends are on, I do WvW… so for me, dungeons and PvE are for soloing.

Dub.1273

I don’t like SE. Usually doing AC P1 (6-7 min) and Arah Path 2+3 (20+30 min).
Duo’ing some others too, AC p3, (sometimes SE p1/3), TA, Arah P4 and others whenever we feel like.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Playing solo in a dungeon should yield you 20% of the rewards that you would get from a full group. This is assuming that the dungeon difficulty scales based on number of people in the dungeon.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Think some people,who do dungeons solo are in the wrong game.
Oh wait… they do it to show… hey look iam so fame…

Grimkram [sS]

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

With the new dungeon rewards coming, do you think Anet will/should reward smaller parties more? That would be nice if a solo effort could get as much gold per time put in as a full party!

Heh.. and maybe a cost to kick player(s)?

I joke, but you know some fool and his buddy would do it.

Lord Kuru.3685

Playing solo in a dungeon should yield you 20% of the rewards that you would get from a full group. This is assuming that the dungeon difficulty scales based on number of people in the dungeon.

But they don’t scale in difficulty at all… that’s why I think it should be 5 times the reward!

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Think some people,who do dungeons solo are in the wrong game.
Oh wait… they do it to show… hey look iam so fame…

You should post here more often.

[DnT]

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

i d love that, i’d be rich too very rich… but then… omfg…

i am party leader, i have a friend with me, we are before the last boss… we kick the other 3 mouahahahahahahahahahahaha ….

am out

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

i d love that, i’d be rich too very rich… but then… omfg…

i am party leader, i have a friend with me, we are before the last boss… we kick the other 3 mouahahahahahahahahahahaha ….

am out

That’s precisely what’s going to happen, maybe they should reward more if you’re soloing but not if you have a party of 4 members

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over