New fractal

New fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HeavyFerrum.5408

HeavyFerrum.5408

Is really epic but the boss is super difficult even on lv25, i dont suggest nerfing it YET cause iv never actually finished it to understand the mechanics.

What you guys think about it?

New fractal

Posted by: gjBackBone.4807

gjBackBone.4807

The ‘fractal’ as is doesn’t feel like fractals to me. It feels like I am doing a 5 man raid. I just completed it on lvl 50. We did all bosses first try. I don’t as much think the difficulty is a problem for me, but the perspective of the fractal.

I really like the content. The mechanics were fun for me, it looked awesome and it felt challenging enough. What I don’t feel good about though is it being a fractal. I think this content is so different from other fractals that it doesn’t belong there. It feels like a 5 man raid. I would love 5 man raids! But I also would love fractals to stay fractals.

When comparing this to raids I dont only speak of the mechanics of which many we can find back in actual raids, but also of the massive amount of health the bosses have. This fractals takes long, way longer than I would like it to take. I imagine on some days I would skip this one when it shows up on dailies, not because of its difficulty but because if its length.

Please Arenanet, let fractals be fractals and let raids be raids. I really like the content but I don’t think this is the place to put it.

New fractal

Posted by: Sasori.8642

Sasori.8642

As usual, it’s WAY overtuned compared to other fractals. At 25, it makes 99 Nightmare look like a joke. The balls you have to hit into the corner pillars get stuck WAAAAY too easily and have far too low of a range to trigger. The ability that you’re supposed to use to jump out of fear/into the bubble/act as a third evasion/etc. is a real clusterkitten if you play with action camera like I do. There are too many mechanics in general and I can’t imagine doing it successfully at 100. This is supposed to be a FRACTAL, not a RAID. People are expected to be able to do this DAILY not WEEKLY. Why does he have more mechanics than some of the easier RAID BOSSES?

New fractal

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Pugged it on level 25. It’s fine. No nerf needed.

New fractal

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Its way better this way a player that can do 100 fractal is much better prepare to raid. It make the transition way smoother.
And if you think its to ‘raidy’ just because it have interesting mechanics instead of a hp sponge boss, well i say we need more ‘raidy’ fractals then.

New fractal

Posted by: Sasori.8642

Sasori.8642

Its way better this way a player that can do 100 fractal is much better prepare to raid. It make the transition way smoother.
And if you think its to ‘raidy’ just because it have interesting mechanics instead of a hp sponge boss, well i say we need more ‘raidy’ fractals then.

It’s an HP sponge boss with WAY too many mechanics. Fractals are supposed to be short.

New fractal

Posted by: gjBackBone.4807

gjBackBone.4807

Sure, it does is some way introduce people to raids. But raids and fractals are two seperate parts of content. Fractals are not preparations for raids, they are their own content. Like you I do also like the mechanics, though I say they don’t fit to the way the rest of the fractals are designed.

I would love more of this kind of content, but not in fractals. I would be all over 5 man raids.

New fractal

Posted by: tsmith.7584

tsmith.7584

Does anyone know what the Data Key Log does? I only did it on the first tier, but when I consumed it, nothing happened… Did I just miss something?

New fractal

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

Everything with it is just fine, just finished it on lvl 25. Now just waiting on my fractal buddies to get on to go for 100

New fractal

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

As usual, it’s WAY overtuned compared to other fractals. At 25, it makes 99 Nightmare look like a joke. The balls you have to hit into the corner pillars get stuck WAAAAY too easily and have far too low of a range to trigger. The ability that you’re supposed to use to jump out of fear/into the bubble/act as a third evasion/etc. is a real clusterkitten if you play with action camera like I do. There are too many mechanics in general and I can’t imagine doing it successfully at 100. This is supposed to be a FRACTAL, not a RAID. People are expected to be able to do this DAILY not WEEKLY. Why does he have more mechanics than some of the easier RAID BOSSES?

action camera makes everything worse in every game.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

New fractal

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Props for the fractal, the atmosphere is amazing the bosses have pretty interesting mechanics and challenge mote is brutal difficulty making it exactly like a 5 man raid.

All i can say is props to the fractal team cause after nightmare i never thought it could get better than this. Yes the fractal is bigger than most with all the wandering around and the cutscene but i dont care as long its quality content.

New fractal

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

yeah i feel the last boss on tier 1 is little over balanced for that tier i went with people to do it on lower to see mechanics but it felt ark was over powered. i think the main issue is the orbs do not spawn fast enough to blow up the towers and he has the buff which feels way more higher then it should be on lower. mean 4 people on my team do tier 3 and 4 fractals it just felt off that he was that strong on tier 1

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

New fractal

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I too believe the normal mode of this frcatl should be kinda nerfed while the cm remains mostly the same.I only did 100 cleared with like idk 5 wipes on last boss so it feels ok. What feels off imo is the hp of the third boss compaired to the other 2 he feels like a brick wall. But dont jump on the nerf gun give us a week or 2 to understand the fight better it might be just that we havent had any 5 man matthias’ up until now. Other than that my god you knocked it out of the park.

(edited by zealex.9410)

New fractal

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Does anyone know what the Data Key Log does? I only did it on the first tier, but when I consumed it, nothing happened… Did I just miss something?

You go and talk to the NPC called Yokko (I think that’s his/her name), in the lobby by the level selector, and she will ask about the data log.

After going through the options you will be able to jump and float in the lobby.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

New fractal

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

It’s brand new and people are asking for a nerf like wth….Do people truly want nothing but an outright steam roll? It doesn’t need to be touched losing and not even completing it on day one is 100% fine try again tomorrow and the next day and so on

New fractal

zealex.9410

It’s brand new and people are asking for a nerf like wth….Do people truly want nothing but an outright steam roll? It doesn’t need to be touched losing and not even completing it on day one is 100% fine try again tomorrow and the next day and so on

Trueeven tho i found that the lasst boss was abit mroe tanky idk i wouldnt change anything and w8 for 1 2 weeks to get a better idea of the fight its been second day already and the boss fightss are ez af

New fractal

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

For fractals? Yes. Rolling through an instance and laying waste to everything in front of you is extremely satisfying. Moreso than the wipe-res-repeat that characterizes raiding.

New fractal

zealex.9410

For fractals? Yes. Rolling through an instance and laying waste to everything in front of you is extremely satisfying. Moreso than the wipe-res-repeat that characterizes raiding.

You know whats noresatisfyimg it? Laying waste through the instnace after you been through the wipe fest. This is the clossure most likely of the fractal arc and its the new 100 so anything less than a few wipes the first day would be dissapointing.

New fractal

Posted by: Gomes.5643

Gomes.5643

What makes the boss really difficult is that people dont understand its mechanic ….. mostly because it wasnt explained well.

If its mechanic got more and more known the difficulty will decrease enormously.

New fractal

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

This is not a fractal, this is a 5 man raid. The content within the mission is not the issue, it is how it is labeled.

You do not sell a package labeled as Tofu with Meat inside. You will make your target audience sick. It is not that there is anything wrong with Tofu or Meat, it is that they are intended for different people with different tastes and allergies.

The same applies here. Fractals are intended to be short, quick dungeon-like missions. A.net has said so themselves in the past. This is a complicated and long five man raid marketed as a fractal.

Purity of Purpose, ArenaNet. Move this to a new category.

New fractal

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Maybe its just me, but from what i’ve seen this just exposes how bad players actually are.

I don’t find anything in the fractal particularly hard or complex, but i’ve seen countless players down/die even when playing things as safe as trailblazers necros all because they refuse to read/perform mechanics.

Personally i wouldn’t change anything about the fractal, keep it like this and weed out the weak.

New fractal

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Maybe its just me, but from what i’ve seen this just exposes how bad players actually are.

I don’t find anything in the fractal particularly hard or complex, but i’ve seen countless players down/die even when playing things as safe as trailblazers necros all because they refuse to read/perform mechanics.

Personally i wouldn’t change anything about the fractal, keep it like this and weed out the weak.

Precisely

Stella Truth Seeker

New fractal

zealex.9410

i wonna change my original opinion sinc ei tried the cm today and has some warm up cleara in the normal 100 i feel that its actually pretty well balanced and that in tis current state it works the best.

New fractal

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Seen quite a lot of people ignoring AOE’s and detonating all over the group.
I don’t mind the failure to get the blooms right since those orbs tend to get stuck, but ignoring AOE’s?

New fractal

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Precisely

But that’s not what will happen. You will still have people trying to get into a group to get carried. The problem I see is that it will take much longer to get through this fractal compared to others. We will see how it goes when we mastered it, but I think the whole setup forces us to take 30 minutes or more for this fractal (at 100) even after a few weeks have passed and we have the experience to do it efficiently. Another problem I see is that it will be more exclusive compared to other fractals. You can do the other fractals with 3 or 4 people. Not sure it’s possible here, just remember that phase where they introduce the ball mechanics and you need poeople on the cliffs and on the platform to cover all spots. This will lead to more kicks from parties. Now, when we get a pug who doesn’t perform as expected, we just keep going. In this fractal, if you cannot proceed because one person sucks, you have to kick.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

New fractal

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Not sure it’s possible here, just remember that phase where they introduce the ball mechanics and you need people on the cliffs and on the platform to cover all spots.

At least this mechanic can be duoed like we did yesterday. I believe it could be soloed by players with dedication and tricks like portals or shadow steps.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

New fractal

TexZero.7910

Precisely

But that’s not what will happen. You will still have people trying to get into a group to get carried. The problem I see is that it will take much longer to get through this fractal compared to others. We will see how it goes when we mastered it, but I think the whole setup forces us to take 30 minutes or more for this fractal (at 100) even after a few weeks have passed and we have the experience to do it efficiently. Another problem I see is that it will be more exclusive compared to other fractals. You can do the other fractals with 3 or 4 people. Not sure it’s possible here, just remember that phase where they introduce the ball mechanics and you need poeople on the cliffs and on the platform to cover all spots. This will lead to more kicks from parties. Now, when we get a pug who doesn’t perform as expected, we just keep going. In this fractal, if you cannot proceed because one person sucks, you have to kick.

I don’t have a problem with that. If people cannot/will not learn from failure they should probably go down a tier and learn in a safer spot.

New fractal

zealex.9410

Precisely

The first 2 bosses can prob be killed inless than 10-12 mins together and the last boss will need like 10more. I think the time i fitting for 100 and ofc good groups will be able to do it in less that 20 or even 15 mins. Btw you can solo the orbs in the preboss event or 3 man it. And you can solo the orb in the second boss completely.

New fractal

zealex.9410

Not sure it’s possible here, just remember that phase where they introduce the ball mechanics and you need people on the cliffs and on the platform to cover all spots.

At least this mechanic can be duoed like we did yesterday. I believe it could be soloed by players with dedication and tricks like portals or shadow steps.

You dont really need shadowstep and prtal these just make it easier. The movements of the orb are set everytime and the special action key resets everytime you get hit by the orb so :/

New fractal

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Precisely

I don’t have a problem with that. If people cannot/will not learn from failure they should probably go down a tier and learn in a safer spot.

I would argue that the scale of 50/75/100 for this particular fractal is probably fine, but the problem with “going down a teir and learn in a safer spot” is that scale 25, which is supposed to be, essentially, the ultra easy mode of the fractal, is probably tweaked just a little bit too high. The mechanics should remain as is, but boss three in particular and all three in general could use some adjustment to the amount of hitpoints they have on this lowest scale. Do that and fix the stuck orbs all across and I think you’ll have a generally well tweaked fractal experience.

That said the length of time it takes to complete a fractal is ALWAYS a factor, and if speed runs don’t manage to bring this time down to ~20 minutes then it should definitely be reworked beyond that, across all teirs. There is precedence for this… all of the extended length fractals have had tweaks made to reduce the time spent in them because Fractals were designed to be a small chunk of your day, jump in and jump out. This isn’t about difficulty… which is fine. I like difficulty… but time is definitely a factor. You can have harsh penalties for failing to meet mechanics without artificially inflating a fight by adding massive HP bars.

New fractal

Vinceman.4572

You dont really need shadowstep and prtal these just make it easier. The movements of the orb are set everytime and the special action key resets everytime you get hit by the orb so :/

Yeah, I noticed the mechanic on the 2nd boss and not earlier but it’s still a bit tricky to get the jumps right.

New fractal

Posted by: Ultimatepwr.9562

Ultimatepwr.9562

Precisely

I would argue that the scale of 50/75/100 for this particular fractal is probably fine, but the problem with “going down a teir and learn in a safer spot” is that scale 25, which is supposed to be, essentially, the ultra easy mode of the fractal, is probably tweaked just a little bit too high. The mechanics should remain as is, but boss three in particular and all three in general could use some adjustment to the amount of hitpoints they have on this lowest scale. Do that and fix the stuck orbs all across and I think you’ll have a generally well tweaked fractal experience.

That said the length of time it takes to complete a fractal is ALWAYS a factor, and if speed runs don’t manage to bring this time down to ~20 minutes then it should definitely be reworked beyond that, across all teirs. There is precedence for this… all of the extended length fractals have had tweaks made to reduce the time spent in them because Fractals were designed to be a small chunk of your day, jump in and jump out. This isn’t about difficulty… which is fine. I like difficulty… but time is definitely a factor. You can have harsh penalties for failing to meet mechanics without artificially inflating a fight by adding massive HP bars.

Arguably, that length issue is an issue of the other fractals being too short then the other way around. Fractals are the replacement dungeons, they were designed to take a while to do, they were just designed to be 4 in a row instead of one at a time. With slightly longer fractals of nightmare and shattered length, new “Dungeons” can come out as part of new content, that then get pushed into fractals for the reward structure that comes inherent. These dungeons can be solo missions, or have an alternate entry into a tier one version of it in their physical location, with higher tier versions in the lobby. I do think this is a better scenario then just adding new dungeons

Plus, because of the way daily fractals work, it doesn’t really matter if some are longer then others. IF you don’t feel like doing a long one, you don’t have to, and the long ones wont be the dailies every day. On the other side of the fence, if you like doing long ones, the short ones won’t be the only ones done, because daily T4 will make it so that people do the longer ones on at least some days. So the whole pre 3rd rework Swamp problem won’t show itself

New fractal

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I just realised on normal mode you dont even get any reward chest for the first two bosses. Every fractal rewards you at various steps, be it dulfy in urban, champions in uncat, anomaly in chaos. Here you get nothing. wtf

New fractal

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Arguably, that length issue is an issue of the other fractals being too short then the other way around. Fractals are the replacement dungeons, they were designed to take a while to do, they were just designed to be 4 in a row instead of one at a time.

I wonder then why the dailies are always 3 fractals but only 1 dungeon path, like today. Maybe fractals are not a replacement for dungeons, and 3 fractals are supposed to take as long as a dungeon? If fractals were meant to replace dungeons, I would expect them to take as much time to complete.

Your seem to assume that ArenaNet is not aware how fast fractals are done. They know exactly how much time it takes to do, let’s say, swamps at Tier 4, and apparently, they balanced a few fractals so they are shorter. The designers certainly don’t think the other fractals are too short.

Remember, fractals are supposed to be daily content, reapeatable while still being fun. In my experience, people don’t even do the recs if they are molten furnace, swamps and underground facility. When we finish T4 dailies, we check what the recs are, and two days ago, it looked almost like this. We all agreed that after 40 minutes T4 fractals, we are not going to spend another 40 for the lower tier recommended ones.

Maybe you can elaborate why you think that fractals “were designed to take a while to do” because the developers’ actions and the reality look quite different.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

New fractal

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We’re talking about t1 here though…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New fractal

TexZero.7910

We’re talking about t1 here though…

Again i stand by my words.

If people cannot/will not learn mechanics, they should go down a tier. This still applies for T1 as it seems 99% of the problems are people thinking they can just afk and press 1. If that’s what you want to do drop down to open world bosses.

New fractal

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Did the new 100 (normal mode) this afternoon. Me, a friend (both in TS), three pugs. Feels like the overall difficulty isn’t that bad, but I don’t really like the general design principles in this fractal. The boss-boss-boss thing has already been commented on and I’m not really happy with the clusterkitten of mechanics especially when the boss tells are as bad as in this fractal. Also, please keep those “random guy is stupid, group wipes” mechanics out of normal modes. That’s fine for raids and challenge modes, but there are too many stupid people around for normal fractals.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

New fractal

Vinceman.4572

Again i stand by my words.

If people cannot/will not learn mechanics, they should go down a tier. This still applies for T1 as it seems 99% of the problems are people thinking they can just afk and press 1. If that’s what you want to do drop down to open world bosses.

While I agree to to people should learning mechanics it’s just the hp of level 25 that is a bit overtuned compared to the others. The difficulty at every level is ok and the time to react to indicators on level 25 is high enough.
Of course, it doesn’t affect me due to not playing 25 regularly, we just tested this one on release day, but T1 is an introduction to fractals and could possibly scare them off. ^^

Also, please keep those “random guy is stupid, group wipes” mechanics out of normal modes. That’s fine for raids and challenge modes, but there are too many stupid people around for normal fractals.

Yeah, that’s the biggest issue I have regarding this fractal. In every other fractal (normal mode) it’s possible to carry bad apples with a little bit of more effort on your own gameplay. For the new fractal such players will easily be able to wipe your group (for example orb phase or skull mechanic) and you can’t do anything besides kicking that I personally don’t like because fractals are a daily routine and every level should be doable with “not so good players”. But time will tell, in an organized group 100 already is a breeze.

New fractal

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Also, please keep those “random guy is stupid, group wipes” mechanics out of normal modes. That’s fine for raids and challenge modes, but there are too many stupid people around for normal fractals.

Ahh the detonating players who keep detonating outside the bubbles. Whenever I see one now, I go inside the bubble so I don’t die due to the bomb being dense. ( was quite surprised that this worked when I tried it on a run with a very dense bomb )

(edited by Walhalla.5473)

New fractal

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The ball mechanic is a nice twist on things, although at higher tiers the fight can very much devolve into /gg if even a single ball is dropped. Not sure why we couldn’t just have gliding and updrafts, jump pads, or mushrooms instead of the odd electric jump pad things that players can potentially miss and fall to their deaths but it’s not a major detriment once people stop trying to glide. Some of the achievements are going to make people curse the game, though (bouncing one especially).

In general the game-wide issue where low durability classes go down too easily to unavoidable damage throughout fights also occurs here. Even at the most optimal positioning and dodging, there is still a minimal amount of damage you just have to tank due to limited numbers of dodges and attack density, and low durability classes can barely stay upright just from that damage, never mind damage from actual hits. Making it more about avoidable but deadly attacks instead of tons of unavoidable damage would be nice, as that makes it a skill floor instead of a stat floor.

One issue I have with the final boss is that some classes have trouble with the combination of the Main boss and the Diviner and Gladiator sub-bosses, as the tactical swing is too wide. In particular, an Elementalist would like to take close range weapons for Diviner and for the main boss, but are entirely unable to fight the Gladiator at close range, needing to use long range. Because Eles can’t weapon swap, this puts them in the situation where they are able to do little more than dodge attacks and hope the rest of the team can handle the Gladiator if they kit optimally for the rest of the fight, or they are playing sub-optimally the rest of the time.

I agree with the comments that Fractals are becoming increasingly raid-like. The problem is that while raiding is generally done by organized groups, Fractals are more often done by PUGs. Making it so you need this level of coordination and teamwork among 5 strangers without voice communication leads to a lot of turnover. I have yet to get through the entire fractal without at least one person leaving due to rage after wipes or time concerns. Given this, it would at least be nice if each fight gave rewards instead of all the rewards being at the end, so people who can’t finish still get something and people aren’t actively watching LFG for groups on the last boss to join to get quick rewards.

New fractal

Posted by: Yreal.6937

Yreal.6937

New player here, have been playing the game 3 months and would like to give some feedback.

Please consider that as new player I have OK skills in the game but there is definitely room for improvement.

Raid Alert? Yes, the mechanics are from raids, back in the days in WoW we had bosses that could give you a debuff that once you got it you had to run away from the raid or WIPE the group out, and that is pretty much what the bomb does.

Regarding the bomb, playing from a laptop, min graphics, in the start I could hardly see I got it. There is too much going and maybe a sound that you got the bomb would help. I solved this by playing while being half way zoomed in so I can focus on my character better and enlarge the warning.

Still, I couldn’t always make it into the bubble in time, maybe I was ressing someone or performing an AOE that I had to quickly break, or trying to stay alive from something and by the time I run to the bubble I would reach the bubble but just not make it in! Very frustrating. I improved this by trying to be near the bubble. But that is not always possible.

Graphics wise, sometime I couldn’t see the bubble at all, I would see only a white circle and guess that’s where I have to go.

Regarding the Fear, well it was variable, sometimes it worked when you run away. But it is harsh that you fly off the platform and if you don’t break it in time with special you are more likely to fully die when you land (not even down to give you a chance for ress). Again this penalty is harsh and requires some practise and to hopefully find somewhere convenient that you can keybind the Special so you can use it quickly. I found I could break the fear by performing shield and that improved things.

So we went in a PUG, wiped the first times on second boss. Went in with a different PUG later, the elitists left the group and we had a few people living and coming. In the end 5 of us stick together for over 2 hours on Tier 2 and did it again and again, we never managed to defeat the last boss, we got down to 1/3 of the HP.

Would I do it again? To spend god knows how long with some PUG today again, NO! That is the problem. Is fine to go through a learning curve with your own guildies over a boss mechanics and at least work towards some great rewards. But I wouldn’t do that every day with PUGs! Waiting for someone else to do all the mistakes I did or we did, and finally maybe defeat it for some really not great rewards? No really.

- Please add rewards when killing each boss, it is such a waste of time to not get anything in the end. We also have goals in the game and need mats and gold to achieve them!

- The orbs during the pillars stage at last boss are too wonky to control, and also if somehow they get out of the platform it is impossible to get them back in = WIPE. There is no need to get bomb while trying to do the pillars, it is too much and it leads to wipe. Also there is no need to progress to next stage and have aoe shooting left right and centre from the boss if too slow to do the pillars = wipe (there would always be one person that failed to do or too slow to do the pillar!). If the orbs weren’t so wonky to control it could be ok. But they are a pain at times. Also no need for one person to control two orbs! Or two people to interact with one orb, it creates a mess. Why won’t you make it that once you lock into an orb you get 2 abilities, key 1 to push it away from you, key 2 to push towards you, so if it gets stack somewhere and it doesn’t follow you to fix it this way!?

-There is no need to get the bomb while downed! Seriously? = WIPE, except if I make it in spirit form into the bubble (ability 2 for ele).

-There is no need to be able to control the orbs during the pillars phase when downed… It is even more wonky and hard to aim.

Overall it is a brilliant fractal but not always for PUGs. I would like to see such more approachable content like this that could be parallel to raids and have nice achievements or rewards waiting for you, but this is too much work for crap rewards.

It is very likely I won’t be PUGing this today and may even leave the group if they decide to do it. Can’t be wasting time like this. The learning curve with PUGs is not the same as if you did it with your own group/guild, as in raids practise! So yes this is a raid style fractal in my opinion.

~ New player signs off

(edited by Yreal.6937)