New party system, more dungeon scammers

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: BlackRose.3578

BlackRose.3578

Hello guys. I haven’t been online for a while and i see that the party system is changed and this change is really good for scammers in my opinion. Me and my friend are doing arah dungeon once a day and we are selling it. Some of u hate those dungeon sellers i am aware of that but we are not forcing some1 to buy this dungeon. They can do it on their own or with a group as well. They want to get those dungeon tokens and daily chest in an easy way that’s why they are willing to buy it from sellers like me or like others.

However, when we duo this dungeon, all we get is headache and anger. We started to lose our passion in this game unfortunately.Because whenever we try to sell this dungeon, some group of people join and kick us. Then they become the party leader because now when party leader got kicked, dungeon will not be disbanded, and they go and kill the last boss so they get the daily gold, daily token. I am recording everything i mean i have sent a ticket about every one of those who kicked me from the party but now i am tired of this !! I always warn those hackers , i say invite me back to party so i will not send a ticket about what you did. Do you have any idea what is their responses ? MOST of them say ‘’ okey go send a ticket noob:D:D i am not gonna get banned or something anet is not banning some1 because of this ’’ Whenever i say this to some1 it is their only response. ANET is not punishing those who is doing this.

This must be considered as scamming and in every other mmo, scammers get perma banned. Even if they got more than 1 account, all of theirs account must be banned as well. Once they started to scam people and earn easy and not deserved gold, without any punishment they will not stop and it hurts this game so much.Because people is playing this game to have fun and enjoy their free times. However, it is not possible atm. Atleast for me and my friend.

I have no idea whether gw2 employees read this discussion topics or not i have no idea where to mention this problem.
Because when i sent a ticket, they respond me with same answers. They just copy paste every time.

[HeX] Vivana Rosa

(edited by BlackRose.3578)

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

While I dislike dungeon selling, you’re right that no one is forcing them to buy the runs. Unsure how the party sytem works my self now but maybe you’ll have to bite the bullet and have three people of your own in a group and sell the run to two people. Less profit, but beats being kicked out

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

There must something be done about this, a guildmate and I got kicked out of Arah twice in the last few weeks, and in one case, we dond even know who did it. Report them for scamming is nice, but i, like them apperently, dont think that the devs bother with that.

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Unfortunately, there have been lots of posts about this on the dungeon forum, and Anet say they’ll pursue reports (although how frequently they actually act on those reports is not clear), but I don’t think they’ve said anything to suggest that they’ll fix the party system. (I haven’t followed the forum closely for a bit, so maybe they announced something. But I doubt it.)

I’m pretty sure your safest bet is to fill your party up with friends and sell one slot at a time. That is, get up to a group of 4 with people you trust, advertise, get one buyer, have them send you money, have one friend drop, repeat. (If you have additional accounts with level 80s, you could multiclient and fill up the spots with those characters, too.)

It sucks, but it’s the best we can do right now.

Edit: Looks like one old thread was deleted, because the forum rules here are so fantastic. But this thread can give you a good sense of how much Anet doesn’t actually do anything about these problems. Here’s an older thread where they state their policy and claim they’re acting on it, for what it’s worth.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Pretty much, right now, you sell at your own risk… just like using the LFG tool to buy/sell… at your own risk.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

BlackRose.3578

Pretty much, right now, you sell at your own risk… just like using the LFG tool to buy/sell… at your own risk.

I am not talking about that my friend What i mean is this is scamming . They are scamming people by doing this and you say it is your fault you are taking risk by using lfg tool ? you make no sense

[HeX] Vivana Rosa

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I ran into “Mr H” himself in a PvP match earlier. It really sucks to know nothing is being done about people who steal and destroy dungeon instances like this.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

You’re using the tool for an unintended purpose though. It’s not something that they’re interested in punishing, but it’s not a feature they’re supporting either.

It is a good point that the change to dungeon ownership directly hurts sellers, but it’s an interesting switch of the burden of trust. It used to be runners and buyers were both at the mercy of sellers, now the sellers have to be able to trust buyers.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Anet has always said Dungeon selling is not supported by anet. Buyers and now sellers always do so at their own risk. The new system addeessed a major flaw in the system that when the party leader dc’s or ragequits ot doesn’t affect the remainder of the party. How it affects sellers is something yhat anet largely doesn’t care about because it is an operation that isn’t supported by them. As windsagio says, sellers now have the sa andmw risks as buyers

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

To be honest I think they might be in one way glad that this happens because it discourages people to bother selling paths. There are obvious drawbacks to it, but it’s worth considering.

They don’t want to support path selling and probably wish people weren’t doing it.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, that’s what I’ve always said. They won’t directly punish players for selling dungeons (because how can you punish players for being good? Unless they used hacks/exploits to do it), but they don’t really like it. Their core stance since GW1 is that a player should actually DO the content to get the rewards, and paying someone to run you through it basically violates that approach. It’s not the “intended way the game was meant to be played”.

Which is why, coupled with their generally lax approach to banning dungeon stealers, it’s pretty obvious that Support has been instructed to treat such offenses as the lowest of priorities. I have nothing but sympathy for those who’ve had their dungeons stolen, but I can at least see why ANet is taking this approach; they want to subtly discourage dungeon running. It’s a sneaky, passive-aggressive method, but there ya go.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Their core stance since GW1 is that a player should actually DO the content to get the rewards

giggle.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Their core stance since GW1 is that a player should actually DO the content to get the rewards, and paying someone to run you through it basically violates that approach.

Snort

You know this puts a damper on getting HoT for me. I mean Im still getting it but when I tell people about it I will insert the caveat about this rather than just “BUY IT NOAAA!!!!2212!”

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Their core stance since GW1 is that a player should actually DO the content to get the rewards

giggle.

Probably some GW1 casual…

Posted by: TakunDes.9834

TakunDes.9834

Well new players are getting kicked while playing in dungeon runs especially the 1st time. Honestly i think selling dungeon runs should be a banable offence since that is like the same as selling gold

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

Honestly i think selling dungeon runs should be a banable offence since that is like the same as selling gold

If you sell a dungeon you sell the service of you doing it for someone else, because the buyer wants the tokens/dungeon-master without having to run the dungeon himself.
Gold selling however is trading ingame currency for real money.

There is absolutely nothing similar about those two things.
The runner would have to demand real money for them to be comparable, which would be against the ToS.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I sell arah with a guildmate and when we start the LFG we make sure to only let one ppl in at the time. If two or more and entering at the same time we kick them immediately and we are whispering them to invite them back when the first one pay. That way there is only 1 person that didn’t pay at anytime. Not perfect, but it limit the chance of us getting kicked out of the dungeon.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

BlackRose.3578

Honestly i think selling dungeon runs should be a banable offence since that is like the same as selling gold

If you sell a dungeon you sell the service of you doing it for someone else, because the buyer wants the tokens/dungeon-master without having to run the dungeon himself.
Gold selling however is trading ingame currency for real money.

There is absolutely nothing similar about those two things.
The runner would have to demand real money for them to be comparable, which would be against the ToS.

Thanks for the explanation. I still don’t understand why people think like that.

[HeX] Vivana Rosa

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

giggle.

I thought it was funny since their stance doesn’t really reflect reality. I mean sure. People are present and get their rewards but for most of it I wouldn’t really qualify it as doing.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

giggle.

I thought it was funny since their stance doesn’t really reflect reality. I mean sure. People are present and get their rewards but for most of it I wouldn’t really qualify it as doing.

Obviously something’s been lost in translation. I don’t get what you guys are trying to say.

But in GW1, ANet constantly tried to stop things like Droknar runs (why do you think they put in map gates in Factions and Nightfall?) and speedclears by making things harder, adding in new enemies with abilities to break the meta running builds etc. It’s just that players kept finding new ways to get around the limitations, and they couldn’t crack down TOO kitten them without making it all but unplayable for the average player.

By the time EotN came out, GW2 was basically already in production and I think ANet just threw their hands up at that point and decided it wasn’t worth the effort anymore. That’s why the various dungeon runs there went unnerfed, although they did still take steps to fix the more egregious examples (like the easy way to beat Duncan the Black).

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

adding in new enemies with abilities to break the meta running builds etc. It’s just that players kept finding new ways to get around the limitations

This is why GW1 was so fun to play. They updated some areas in order to make them harder, for example Skeletons of Dhuum in Underworld.

An updating and increasingly challenging instance is all we ever wanted for GW2. As you can see, this should be the definition of fractals but it falls short of it.