New raids/fractals take too long

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

To come out. At least imo,but i believe they could use nore resources from anet and more man power as its something that alot if not most ppl today consider their main content.

Its kinda sad seeing back when anet was talking for 6 wings per year and we got like 4 wings in almost 2 years. Same for fractals really the theres just too much w8 for the new thing to come considering how many ppl do fractals.

A faster flow of content imo is essential to balanc out the lack of a gear treadmill that generate playtime on its own. I understand that this isnt a sub based mmo but im not making any unreasonable requirest i believe. Id love to see 4 or so new fractals per year and the old 6wings be a thing.

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

I mean. First of all, cite your sources for this “most players consider their main content” claim.
Because personally, I play everything -but- fractals regularly.
the only gamemode I play less might be WvW.. but that will likely change in the expansion. (NECRO ROAMING!? WILL IT BE A THING?!?!)

Secondly, I prefer quality far over quantity. Just look at the early living worlds.
They’re uh.. they’re not trash, but they’ve definitely improved since then.
Then HoT. When they crunched it in a short dev time and it turned into.. well, frankly a trainwreck.
There are STILL people erupting with hate over raids being released in the way they were.

And while the fractals are rather slow to update, I ADORE the nightmare and shattered observatory fractals. They are amazing, and the entire reason I even want to consider upping my fractal level.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea the 6 wings a year was what the in theory could push out as guess.

And then I dont want them to burn them self out on pushing raid content either.

We got 2 new and irc 4? reworks right so thats plenty of fractals considering how many we got the first 3 years.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

They are probably very understaffed. 4/year was their realistic estimate. We got 2/year.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

A faster flow of content imo is essential to balanc out the lack of a gear treadmill that generate playtime on its own. I understand that this isnt a sub based mmo but im not making any unreasonable requirest i believe. Id love to see 4 or so new fractals per year and the old 6wings be a thing.

Six wings per year in a game that has its focus quite far away from raids? I’m sorry, but you’re delusional. That would be an ambitious goal for a game with absolute focus on raids.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I agree somewhat, considering thei disbanded on dungeons I feel like fractals are coming a bit too slow. Maybe theyre focussing too much on a big story in the fractals. Fractals should be tellings of little events. Theres still plenty of things I wanna see they can put into fractals. The plague of Fahranur, the rising of Palawa Joko, the fall of Abaddon (that vote was aeons ago, it no longer holds water), Gwen’s escape from Ascalon, Ventari and his friend finding the Pale Tree-seed,

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, the problem is that it’s not a priority for them, when it clearly should be. We should be seeing more fractals and raids at a much faster pace IN ADDITION to the occasional classic dungeon.

But we have no real dungeon team, so, alas. IMO, it’s a serious mistake they’ve been making for about 4 years now.

zealex.9410

Yea the 6 wings a year was what the in theory could push out as guess.

And then I dont want them to burn them self out on pushing raid content either.

We got 2 new and irc 4? reworks right so thats plenty of fractals considering how many we got the first 3 years.

The reworked fractals even tho its apreciated they remain old content.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

To me, a much larger problem is that no matter how many fractals we get, we are for the most part only going to do 3 per day.

Worse yet, look at the frequency that each new fractal is available for daily rewards. Check the 15 day rotation here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Players are only playing shattered observatory non-cm once a week roughly. As we get more fractals, each fractal’s frequency will decrease. Unlike the dungeon system where old dungeons could die off, and new dungeons could be well populated (well…if there had ever been new dungeons), fractals never allow old content to die. And although that can certainly be appealing, they are not allowing new content to thrive either.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

The Devs themselves said that for now the fractal daily system is fine, for now, and when more fractals are released they will change the system to incorporate all of them. “We will cross that bridge when the time comes”.

As for now most groups i play with have a 5 fractal daily run with 2 cm’s + T4 dailies which takes about 40 min roughly. Not too short, not too long.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Every player demographic in the game thinks their favorite content comes out too slowly. Every. Single. One. This feeling also applies to fixes, balance patches and cosmetics.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

How would you guys love a CM of every fractal? And i don’t meant 80% reduced healing, i mean an actual CM like 99 and 100.
They node only appears on the highest level, and comes with a clear warning label that everyone must F100 agony resistance (150 iirc)

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

How would you guys love a CM of every fractal? And i don’t meant 80% reduced healing, i mean an actual CM like 99 and 100.
They node only appears on the highest level, and comes with a clear warning label that everyone must F100 agony resistance (150 iirc)

i’d actually love a full cm run. At least fractals like aquatic and solid ocean would be more fun than what they are now

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I wouldn’t mind a CM for every fractal (but please not all on the level of Arkk CM), but first the rework of certain old fractals should be done. Solid Boredom and Underwater come to mind.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’d be game for a T5 (cm only), even had a proposed method for how it would work in a previous post.

In fact even if they don’t want to do t5 something they could look back on and adapt is the “Book” system from Guild Wars and incorporate that into fractals. Scaling rewards based on the number of unique fractals completed.

zealex.9410

I’d be game for a T5 (cm only), even had a proposed method for how it would work in a previous post.

In fact even if they don’t want to do t5 something they could look back on and adapt is the “Book” system from Guild Wars and incorporate that into fractals. Scaling rewards based on the number of unique fractals completed.

Imo t5 isnt needed cm cover this well imo. If your suggestion included a way to bypass ar gates then the current format looks fine honestly. If you suggestion included a higher ar gate id prefer not tiying dificulty behind ar gates and rather have it tied to skill.

The book system sounds kinda neat tho.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Imo t5 isnt needed cm cover this well imo. If your suggestion included a way to bypass ar gates then the current format looks fine honestly. If you suggestion included a higher ar gate id prefer not tiying dificulty behind ar gates and rather have it tied to skill.

No. I’m far to lazy to dig out the post about t5’s.

Essentially nothing changes as far as max AR. Just instead of having a “CM” we have 25 Hard mode fractals (Current CM’s) as t5. They like raids reset weekly and reward you for scaling through them I.E Flvl 101-125. Each one only becomes unlocked upon successful completion of the previous one (no skipping) and they have more unique and potentially more lethal instabilities to add to the challenge.

zealex.9410

No. I’m far to lazy to dig out the post about t5’s.

Essentially nothing changes as far as max AR. Just instead of having a “CM” we have 25 Hard mode fractals (Current CM’s) as t5. They like raids reset weekly and reward you for scaling through them I.E Flvl 101-125. Each one only becomes unlocked upon successful completion of the previous one (no skipping) and they have more unique and potentially more lethal instabilities to add to the challenge.

Ugh idk about weekly lock out. I kinda like the daily lockout on the current ones it gives me more thing do do in game. Also not sure who would ppl take the instabilities i dont ahte them but id prefer the ecounter itself having more mechanics.

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

I wish new Shattered Observatory to not be in daily recommended rotation. I mean seriously, you get two mini normal sized fractal and extra long horrible one. Which leads to pug groups just not doing it. I guess it’s ok to leave it at 30+ minutes for level 25 but at daily recommended? Ick

I’m ok for CM to be there for those who want it

Einlanzer.1627

Every player demographic in the game thinks their favorite content comes out too slowly. Every. Single. One. This feeling also applies to fixes, balance patches and cosmetics.

This is largely because historically, and objectively, content is released very slowly in GW2 compared to most large MMOs. There’s a reason why players get frustrated. It blows my mind that we’ve had no new world dungeons in 5 years of content with the excuse that we have new fractal mini-dungeons every great once in a while.

Absolutely blows my mind.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

You can’t say that raids are main content for the game and at the same time use the argument that they were always meant to be designed for a subset of the PVE population. And with that in mind with the way raids are in the game now – they most definitely should take a back seat to the development of other parts of the game.

There is a place for them in the development schedule, but they are by no means meant to be the primary experience of the game.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Linken.6345

We have know for what 4 years that there arent any dungeon team so it shouldent blow your mind at all mate.

Edit
Well we had 1 new path when they took away an old path since it wasent popular due to buged last boss. ( aparantly it was to hard to fix)

Einlanzer.1627

We have know for what 4 years that there arent any dungeon team so it shouldent blow your mind at all mate.

Edit
Well we had 1 new path when they took away an old path since it wasent popular due to buged last boss. ( aparantly it was to hard to fix)

What blows my mind is that they think it’s good for the game to not have a dungeon team for 4 years and never have new real dungeon content.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Fractal Daily system needs to have more goals or extremely random Fractals. It honestly feels like the same Fractals are in the rotation every day. I know it’s not the case but that’s how it feels. I’m looking at you, Cliffside.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Edit

What blows my mind is that they think it’s good for the game to not have a dungeon team for 4 years and never have new real dungeon content.

Because dungeons were a failure. It’s simple really. If you want new ‘dungeons’, Just play fractals.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Edit

Because dungeons were a failure. It’s simple really. If you want new ‘dungeons’, Just play fractals.

Yet they had to mess with the economy to disincentivize people from running them when gold/hour was not even that great when compared to openworld.

Einlanzer.1627

Edit

And this is just a brainless, lazy excuse.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think the pace for new fractals is pretty good. Only thing that I would like to see come out faster is revamping older fractals. We still have plenty of them that need to be brought up to the level of the new/updated ones.

Posted by: Lucky Smith.7359

Lucky Smith.7359

Please remove the Shattered Observatory fractal from the existence of Tyria.

Linken.6345

Please remove the Shattered Observatory fractal from the existence of Tyria.

Why its a fun fractal.

If you cant do t4 then go down a tier or 2?