New to CoE Explorable Mode, some advice?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: AkiLeaves.2613

AkiLeaves.2613

Should be able to get a group of guildies to run it and coordinate in mumble.

Assuming we all know how to dodge, how hard should this be? If I can only run TWO of the three paths a night, which two would you recommend for me to run? How long are they?

I really want the medium armor for my Thief. Well, at least four pieces of it.

If you have any words of wisdom, I"m all ears.

Posted by: Fyrngarm.1942

Fyrngarm.1942

It’s been a few weeks since I last did CoE but I’ve not heard about any changes. When I last did it (also on my thief ^^) it was really a piece of cake. And that was with a PuG. As long as you have decent ping and you do know how to time the dodges (knowing what to count to for each Alpha) it really is rather easy imo.

Personally I ran all 3 paths but I seem to recall one and two were the easiest (not sure though) but if you have good DPS path 3 with the destroyer is easy enough. All three paths are pretty equal from memory.

The only piece of advice I can really think of is use dagger storm on the bit with the laser charging up room for AoE on the mobs but that’s about it. I just watched all of strife’s videos and that was fine for me best of luck getting the armour.

Posted by: AkiLeaves.2613

AkiLeaves.2613

Thanks! I feel better about doing it now. And it will look quite gorgeous on my female sylvari thief. >< It’s my favorite armor set in the game, but I’ve been too distracted by other characters.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Path 2 is really fast and the easiest too, and since you are running with the guild, I dont think you guys will have problems at the green room. It’s not even hard, but you need one or two people running around and destroying the vines

The other two paths aren’t long either, but Path 1 is probably faster. When you get to the panel, get 2 people defending and 3 activating it. Afterwards, pull back and kill the big robots, and finish hacking it.
It’s possible to do 4-1 (4 activate, 1 defend) with thief and SR too

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

It’s possible to do 4-1 (4 activate, 1 defend) with thief and SR too

It’s possible to do that with quite literally any class with a cleave/AoE. You have one person activate it first, then kill the silvers which spawn because of it. Then you do the same again but 4 people activate, and one clear the golem bombs. There is no need for a thief, and especially no need for SR.

Maybe people do it differently now, I haven’t been into CoE in months – but that’s how we used to do it.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With Warrior I just chopped all those cute bombs.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’d recommend path 1 and path 3.

Path 2 has that annoying husk boss near the end whereas path 3 has the evolved fail which just sits there like a giant sponge and dies.

What I’d suggest to the OP is learning to dodge at the bosses (missing dodges without damage mitigation is pretty much instant death), run full berserker and learning how to do the 1-4 on path 1 after the golem.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Just make sure that all 4 people actually get up on the console when they activate it, and the defender stands close by on the floor. That makes the golems all converge on a small area that the defender can cleave down.

Tips for the husk boss (last pre-alpha fight for path 2):

-One person per corner, meaning one person per golem. DON’T ZAP SOMEONE ELSE’S GOLEM. It locks them in place and will kitten up that pull.

-One person clearing vines.

-Let the golems go out as far towards the boss as they will before zapping. Usually they’ll stop halfway. If you’re standing in between the golem and the boss the golem will advance towards you, that’s a good time to zap em.

-Take condition removal but don’t use it until right before you heal for removing poison. (duh)

-Don’t knock your golem into someone else, mmmkay

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

no deal

Oceanic [LOD]

Broadicea.8294

no deal

oh well that is assuming you want to get it done quickly, not hilariously

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

PuG’s drive me mental against the Evolved Husk. A bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off, shooting a golem I’m already controlling, shooting the golem as soon as it spawns, using the No.2 skill at all. Seriously, just let the golem walk halfway to where it pauses then zap it, get it during the window from where it stops moving to where it starts following someone and it’ll go straight into the Husk on the first go everytime. I usually have to ask people to just not go near my corner so I can do all the work while they play Golem Tennis.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Umm… The #2 skill is very useful. I often use it when the golem just stops short of being in range of the husk.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

no deal

LOL

…But on a serious note… I only ever saw my Guild struggle with the First Mobs when you walk in the door. A bunch of glass cannons seem perfectly capable of sweeping through every single path without consequence when they stack on Alpha and nothing too weird or unexpected happens during it. I honestly think learning the Lasers will be your biggest time sink, haha.

The whole Dungeon could use an Overhaul in the Boss mechanics and AI algorithms IMHO b/c it’s nothing but DPS test after DPS test with a little bit of “Count to 1-1/2 when you see a red circle, then push forward & dodge key”

(edited by ilr.9675)

Dolan.3071

Umm… The #2 skill is very useful. I often use it when the golem just stops short of being in range of the husk.

The chance of sending it near a teammate is just not worth the risk. If its that close to the Husk then another zap will do the trick.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The chance of sending it near a teammate is just not worth the risk. If its that close to the Husk then another zap will do the trick.

That rarely works and it just explodes wasting time. As long as you’re facing the husk then you will hit it in that direction.

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Skill 2 is very useful in downing those teammates that keep double zapping your golems. It can also give that much needed push when vines spawn in the middle of the pathing, but not killing the golem.

Also, now that the portal exploit has been fixed, do you guys find it faster to sit outside the golem room and range it, or to run in and melee it and just deal with the turrets? It would probably be best to run in and have a mesmer with 3 of those boon stripping phantasms, but that’s just wishful thinking.

(edited by Xhyros.1340)

Dolan.3071

^ Lol yes! Golem Tennis, I’ve played so many games of that.
Provided everyone does actual damage and not garbage conditions, then just obliterating the protection turret every time it spawns is still fairly quick. Minor annoyances are Vulnerability getting cleansed, the minor regen, and the barely noticeable retal.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Xhyros: I’m a mesmer player, so i just keep up sword clones, warden and disenchanter. That way, the golem barely ever has his buffs up.

I -think- Warden also reflects the turret buff shots. Warden is good here in general, because the golem likes to fire off shots that crit him for ~20k three times.

Also that static field can also get reflected, which hits for a lot.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Wethospu.6437

About Husk:

The easiest and fastest tactic is:
Stand as far as possible from golems (between two spawning locations). Gun has huge range so you NEVER have to take aggro. If anyone gets aggro just kill the golem or let it explode (you can also knock it to Husk but bit more dangerous), don’t play with Subvert.
Wait until golem spawns and start Subverting when it has moved closer to Husk (it stops there). I don’t think one Subvert is enough if you start it immediately.
There is no reason to clear bushes unless they destroy golems. 90% of them won’t do anything to golems. If something does then just destroy it (ranged if you want to feel safe).

If you doubt me you can always watch this little video: http://youtu.be/WPQu-kztpg0#t=15m44s
It’s not exactly what I said but same principle (also note that Subverted golems won’t get aggroed).

Unless something really magical happens, multiple people Subverting same golem should actually be good because it gets more Might.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Broadicea.8294

About Husk:

Stand as far as possible from golems (between two spawning locations). Gun has huge range so you NEVER have to take aggro. If anyone gets aggro just kill the golem or let it explode (you can also knock it to Husk but bit more dangerous), don’t play with Subvert.
Wait until golem spawns and start Subverting when it has moved closer to Husk (it stops there). I don’t think one Subvert is enough if you start it immediately.
There is no reason to clear bushes unless they destroy golems. 90% of them won’t do anything to golems. If something does then just destroy it (ranged if you want to feel safe).

If you doubt me you can always watch this little video: http://youtu.be/WPQu-kztpg0#t=15m44s
It’s not exactly what I said but same principle (also note that Subverted golems won’t get aggroed).

Unless something really magical happens, multiple people Subverting same golem should actually be good because it gets more Might.

If someone start zapping your golem while you’ve already got it zapped, it stops and pauses for a couple seconds. If you timed it perfectly so both of you zapped it at the same time, perhaps it wouldn’t do that, but that’d be difficult.

Wethospu.6437

Ok, makes sense.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

With Warrior I just chopped all those cute bombs.

I do too… with thief (sword).

But to op, all you really need to know for thief in coe is grab remove condi on stealth to cleanse the burning (p1 p2) and know how to count to 3. Whenever he does his aoe, dodge on 3. There’s more you can do but that’s the basic and very simple way to succeed. Go d/d as well for max dps and the extra dodges + access to stealth.

Also, if you steal to the crystal or a tenticle, you’re guaranteed to get out. If alpha is in melee range and you steal to him, it will bug out. Your skills will look as if they’re ready to use but you’re still stuck in the crystal until it died or is destroyed. Shadowstep works the best for that part if you’re not in a group that stacks and melees.

If you’re doing p1 or p3 and you’re dodging the flame blast or massive ice aoe only to get hit by the line spikes, use death blossom. You’ll be evading into him, avoiding the line spikes.

About Husk:

Stand as far as possible from golems (between two spawning locations). Gun has huge range so you NEVER have to take aggro. If anyone gets aggro just kill the golem or let it explode (you can also knock it to Husk but bit more dangerous), don’t play with

I disagree. If you’re a guard or warrior you can just gather the golems when you have swiftness up and lead them into the boss (while blocking to make super easy). It goes by a LOT faster as long as you’re not aoeing the golems down. If you’re in a pug, it’s 10x faster to ask them to wait outside the room and let you solo. As long as you know what you’re doing (and clear a few troublesome blossoms), you won’t have any problems. I do it all the time on my thief and it takes a little longer for me b/c since I don’t have swiftness on my build, the occasional golem will go off early and I also have to wait for the vines to go down most of the time. It’s 3 golems at once or one at a time. That’s why warrior and guard can do it faster.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

Dolan.3071

^ kitten that’s hard, I tried it today and they would keep blowing up cause I’d get too close. Then a random razorthorn spawned and I nearly died

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

randomfightfan.4091

I was still pretty new at that strat when I made this vid. I’m a lot better at it now and would be more than willing to show you a slightly easier way in a run some time Husk is at 12 minutes or so in the video. Once you do it a few times it gets very easy. Now I almost always have all 3 bombs blow up in the boss’s face (the 4th always follows for a 2nd pass). It takes about 1-1.5 mins to kill him from full as long as all your teamates stay out of the room.

Dolan.3071

Ooh that was really good! I have to admit I got a bit distracted when I noticed you shooting unicorns around :P
A few questions, how come Alpha never did Teeth of Mordremoth? (The ground spike cone attack)
I couldn’t really tell how you were avoiding the Golem’s knockdown laser, was that just Smoke Screen or what?
Also those first couple of attempts at the Evolved Husk was my experience, I’d just get too close and they’d decide to blow up there, then I’d nick 3 blossoms too many and lost the plot xD
I lol’d at Spire at the start, the number of times I’ve had to run back and revive her <_<
If only my Warrior could bust itself out of those crystals, then I could solo him if my team wipes, nowadays if they die so do I…

Anyway awesome vid, but I do feel sorry for a Thief’s lack of Fury uptime, the lack of critical hits really roughed up your deeps.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

A few questions, how come Alpha never did Teeth of Mordremoth? (The ground spike cone attack)

Because this is path 2. This cone attack is only in path 1 and path 3.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Wethospu.6437

I was still pretty new at that strat when I made this vid. I’m a lot better at it now and would be more than willing to show you a slightly easier way in a run some time Husk is at 12 minutes or so in the video. Once you do it a few times it gets very easy. Now I almost always have all 3 bombs blow up in the boss’s face (the 4th always follows for a 2nd pass). It takes about 1-1.5 mins to kill him from full as long as all your teamates stay out of the room.

Must say that video doesn’t really convince me. So would be better if you could make a clean one.

With my tactic you have very low risk of dying, doesn’t require really any skills and is suitable for 5 players.

randomfightfan.4091

Ooh that was really good! I have to admit I got a bit distracted when I noticed you shooting unicorns around :P
I couldn’t really tell how you were avoiding the Golem’s knockdown laser, was that just Smoke Screen or what?
Also those first couple of attempts at the Evolved Husk was my experience, I’d just get too close and they’d decide to blow up there, then I’d nick 3 blossoms too many and lost the plot xD
I lol’d at Spire at the start, the number of times I’ve had to run back and revive her <_<
If only my Warrior could bust itself out of those crystals, then I could solo him if my team wipes, nowadays if they die so do I…

Anyway awesome vid, but I do feel sorry for a Thief’s lack of Fury uptime, the lack of critical hits really roughed up your deeps.

No teeth b2 it was p2, avoided the lazer by dodging it and blocking it with smoke, and the only thing you need to worry about it learning the range and clearing a few trouble blossoms. Once you get that down it’s all easy.

Must say that video doesn’t really convince me. So would be better if you could make a clean one.

With my tactic you have very low risk of dying, doesn’t require really any skills and is suitable for 5 players.

I don’t blame you for not believing me with that vid, it was pretty bad. I’ll work towards getting a good one out. Will give me something to do :P I do find it’s the best thing to do while pugging though since all the pugs like to slow you down considerably. The only thing that makes that tactic slower is when I tell the guys to come in and tag for loot then they proceed to aoe all the golems down.

Dolan.3071

Ah path 2 that’d be it, I don’t even notice which attacks he does on most runs, how sad is that? It’s like, avoid AoE’s, ignore the rest.

But yeah PuG’s are a massive hinderence on the Husk, I’ve almost vote kicked a guy who kept double zapping my golems despite copping an earful over party chat <_<

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]