New to Dungeons, Questions for the experts

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: skeeb.9365

skeeb.9365

Hello!

First off I am wanting some friendly advice here to help out myself and a couple of friends.
The 3 of us tend to run together in the game. We just completed CoF Story mode since we heard it was the easiest of the dungeons to complete.
Are there other dungeons that we can complete just the 3 of us as well? I ask because we need to run all the story mode stuff first and I actually want to take the time to go through the quest. I have 6 lvl 80 toons atm. I dont have a thief or ele to 80 yet. So I have quite a few at my disposal all with exotics. So I can do any build I want really… I just am curious if we would be able to trio more of them.

Thanks for any information!

Guild Co-Leader of Black Death Legion in Yaks Bend (NA).

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I believe you can trio most dungeon paths, but I know for sure that CoF P1 requires 5 people to get past the gate to the last boss. Also, all dungeons are specifically designed for 5 man parties, while it is possible to do it with 3 people barring any gimmicks requiring more than that, it will be rather difficult for you and your friends at the start. But then again, practice makes perfect, so I’m sure you’ll find it easy one day.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Arah P1 is not possible without 4. I can’t think of others, I’m tired lol.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

why not just find buddy #4 and buddy #5? Just write "LF non “pro zerk lvl 80 warriors” for constant dungeon raids" and you should find a good person…or few thousand;)

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I would think you could do all the story modes with 3 players, I don’t recall there being any requirement to have 5. Explorable modes are a different matter. You need at least 4 players to do any path in COE and 5 to do COF 1 because of the mechanics in the dungeons require that many players to progress forward.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I think the max you need in any dungeon is 4. But you’ll have a much easier time as beginners if you go with 5.

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Just use the LFG tool to get more, advertise as “going slow / watching cutscenes” or something and you should find plenty of like-minded folk.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Off the top of my head. These are the runs that require you to have at least 4 to 5 people simply due to mechanics.

CoF 1 (gate lock)
Crucible of eternity, all paths (laser trap room)

I am most likely missing some, But again off the top of my head that is all I could think of this morning.
That being said. It is possible for you and your friends to be able to complete every dungeon path otherwise with just the three of you. think of it as a challenge HAVE FUN! and enjoy yourselves!

good luck!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Arah p1 tar.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

Few people on Twitch stream themselves soloing ALL PATHS of Arah SOLO… mainly Warrior Zerker builds doing insane damage/crit.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Few people on Twitch stream themselves soloing ALL PATHS of Arah SOLO… mainly Warrior Zerker builds doing insane damage/crit.

I’d like to see them do Shoggroth by themselves.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I used to duo Arah P1, you just got the leechers to sit on the tar spouts. Not sure if other people are doing the same for solo, but I don’t know how else they’d do it (someone tried to tell me you could put ‘things’ on the spouts, but I feel like that wasn’t true, unless I just did it wrong).

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I used to duo Arah P1, you just got the leechers to sit on the tar spouts. Not sure if other people are doing the same for solo, but I don’t know how else they’d do it (someone tried to tell me you could put ‘things’ on the spouts, but I feel like that wasn’t true, unless I just did it wrong).

On EU servers people use the LFG tool to find others to help with Shoggroth only and pay them 1g each.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’ve never heard of anyone doing Arah p1 completely solo, I’m quite sure it’s impossible. HykCraft is just talking about damage, seems he doesn’t realize the Shaggroth mechanic. You need at least 4 for for CoF p1, all CoE and Arah p1. The only path I can think of that you need 5 for is CM p2. Need at least 2 for AC p2. I’m sure I’m missing some. Oh, there is aether path…

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

you can have 3 or maybe even 2? for coe lasers if you have a blink

lol rip signature

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Yes, you can do it with 2 people. Thief or mesmer for the south consoles and anyone else with an instant teleport for the north consoles.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

On EU servers people use the LFG tool to find others to help with Shoggroth only and pay them 1g each.

I saw this kind of LFG a couple of times too.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

guanlongwucaii.3162

I got reported by a certain transylvanian youtuber (or one of his numerous minions) for calling him a kittening dimwit, qq

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I got reported by a certain transylvanian youtuber (or one of his numerous minions) for calling him a kittening dimwit, qq

In that case, you must wear this with honor. It’s not everyday that one slays a vampire.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

In that case, you must wear this with honor. It’s not everyday that one slays a vampire.

<3

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: skeeb.9365

skeeb.9365

Wow, thanks for all the responses. Definitely helps! One of you said you can do all the Story with 3. Even Arah? CoF was tough with the 3 of us. We know our skills well enough so we aren’t noobs… just seems the final would be pretty tough.

Guild Co-Leader of Black Death Legion in Yaks Bend (NA).

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Wow, thanks for all the responses. Definitely helps! One of you said you can do all the Story with 3. Even Arah? CoF was tough with the 3 of us. We know our skills well enough so we aren’t noobs… just seems the final would be pretty tough.

I’ve done Arah story with 3. You should have no problem with it.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

You need at least 4 players to do any path in COE and 5 to do COF 1 because of the mechanics in the dungeons require that many players to progress forward.

You only need two players to do the CoE lasers as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdGOEVarJgg. So you can do at least paths 1 and 2 with two players.

Path 3 may need three players to do the evolved destroyer, not sure.

HykCraft.4610

I’d like to see them do Shoggroth by themselves.

Here you go. He plays on EU but he does ARAH soloing every night mostly, including Shoggroth. One of his favorite bosses.

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt

Sorrow’s Furnace US

HykCraft.4610

I’ve never heard of anyone doing Arah p1 completely solo, I’m quite sure it’s impossible. HykCraft is just talking about damage, seems he doesn’t realize the Shaggroth mechanic. You need at least 4 for for CoF p1, all CoE and Arah p1. The only path I can think of that you need 5 for is CM p2. Need at least 2 for AC p2. I’m sure I’m missing some. Oh, there is aether path…

Not impossible. This guy does it every night.

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt

You can look at his archives.. should be a few on there, if not, follow him and he’ll solo the entire dungeon of all paths, starting with 1.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

guanlongwucaii.3162

No, I’ve watched his stream before and I’m pretty sure he pays people to help him with the boss, which is pretty common practice for p1 sellers

(edited by guanlongwucaii.3162)