New to Dungeons and want to learn?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

Hey Random,

We still do teaching runs once a week for non-members, and a couple times a week for our Guild members. So just shoot me a message in-game anytime this week and we can get you into an AC run.

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

Posted by: Jadriam.5243

Jadriam.5243

I have been wandering, trying to max my Chef skills and basically finish the personal story. All too late did I realize the dungeon stories were a vital part of the personal one!

The guild that brought me to Tyria, the ones who were going to teach me everything, they’ve all wandered away and fallen inactive. I sit here with significantly below-average information about the game, 4 out of 5 Grandmaster Engineer skills learned, no alts, and a strange love for omnomberry recipes.

Can anyone help me complete the story dungeons without rushing them? I really like the world’s tales but I also want to learn how things work, slowl, see the scenes and sights, and then later I can choose to blast through quickly or build my gear however Berserker runs require it or whatnot. But just once a dungeon, I wanna see the story. [and possibly get some nice cosmetic sets.] Can anyone show me the dungeons without going too fast or at least teach me HOW to zerk if needed?

[I admit i’m kind of lonely and small enough for hunter pets to eat.]

RagingDragon.9475

Hey Jadriam,

We will be doing some Dungeon Mentoring with Story runs this Weekend. If you are from a NA server we can help you out! Just message myself or Dramen Maidria.1034 in game Tomorrow, and we can get you into a run.

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Hey Jadriam,

We will be doing some Dungeon Mentoring with Story runs this Weekend. If you are from a NA server we can help you out! Just message myself or Dramen Maidria.1034 in game Tomorrow, and we can get you into a run.

If you are still doing this I might take you up on it. I have zero knowledge of Dungeons or Fractuals since I only do WvW. I have a Warrior, Ranger and Ele. Which one is most suitable and with what type of build/EQ ?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

RagingDragon.9475

Hey Forzani,

We will be doing another teaching run this Saturday evening. If you can make it just send me or Dramen a message in-game, and I will get you into a run. We will teach you on whatever profession you enjoy the most mate, so profession is not an issue. And we can help you with your builds before the run if you want.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Good morning, mentors!

Is there any chance that you’re doing a course in How To Aetherblade? This is a path that me and my guildies would love to run so I was hoping that you can sneak me in one of your parties so I can spread the knowledge to my guild afterwards?

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

RagingDragon.9475

Hey Winter,

We run new people through it on occasion. But most people aren’t interested in learning it, so we don’t do it very often. However I actually like that path, and run it a couple times a week with Guildies, and make a ton of Gold doing so. So if you want to learn it, just contact me in-game this week and I will setup a party to take you through it.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Oh, I think you guys are on NA Thanks for the offer, mate, and sorry! Fortunately I got a person from Europe to teach me! Thanks again!

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

RagingDragon.9475

Ya, we are NA. Glad you found someone to help you though.

Posted by: Astarte.9183

Astarte.9183

Is anyone still doing this? I am level 78 guardian, and feel like I should start checking out the dungeons in this game.

RagingDragon.9475

Yes. We still do Mentoring runs weekly. Just contact us in-game if you want to get into one of our teaching runs.

Posted by: Alarion.6097

Alarion.6097

I fired off an in game mail to yah Dragon (since I dunno whom else do so,) so please do hit me up, mainly in the evenings USA – MST time zone.

RagingDragon.9475

Hey Alarion,

I got your message and will contact you in game this weekend to setup a run.

Posted by: PrinceWarhero.4256

PrinceWarhero.4256

Yes. We still do Mentoring runs weekly. Just contact us in-game if you want to get into one of our teaching runs.

Happy to see that a new player like me will get help for dungeons.. how to join in the mentoring runs ?? Are you guys in EU servers ?

Returning player looking for lots of adventure, join me and we can journey together in Tyria !!

RagingDragon.9475

To join all you need to do is contact either myself or Dramen in game via message. And we will add you when we are doing Mentoring runs. Unfortunately we are NA only PrinceWarhero.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

hiya!

you know….
we need a big combined thread in the " player helping player " section
A big wooden notice board graphic picture with all our names and details on bits of paper pined up to the notice board.

don’t you think that would be awesome? both you guys and noob, all together in one community notice board

Sarah

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If they are new, do not teach them to stack press 1 and use zerker gear: teach them how to fight the mobs read their animations, and dodge and pull mobs etc. Teach them to stack combo fields and such.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Arluza.9638

Arluza.9638

I hope this thread is still active. if it is, I’m interested in getting into this. Did my first ever dungeon run and to say it was a disaster was an understatement. send me a message in game and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

This thread is still somewhat active, although both Kane and I have young children at home so that eats up a lot of our time. We do try and help out anyone that contacts us, usually we try and get it done on the weekends.

Our standard advice to new dungeon runners in the guild is to figure out how they like to play first, if you feel forced to playing your class a certain way and you don’t like it you’re not going to enjoy the content. Some people will never be comfortable past AC or CoF and that’s okay. For the ones that are the goal is to add as much damage gear as they feel comfortable running. The point is to actually understand mechanics, not just stand here and don’t move. Its too bad the game itself doesn’t teach you about combo fields, way too many players don’t understand them. Eventually we get to that, how in depth depends on what class they are playing.
Right now the game is in a serious lull, so many veteran players are taking a break or have just moved on to another game for now. Hopefully they breathe some life back into the game soon, raiding is still a long ways off.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: jayt.7502

jayt.7502

I’m interested to join your guild if it’s still active. I have much to learn the game.

Posted by: Alacrity.5638

Alacrity.5638

I’m interested too. Just let me know who to talk to Cheers

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Just a quick note to anyone looking to join [ARES]

We have a guild recruitment post here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/ARES-Knights-of-Ares-Dragonbrand-PvX

The best way to get an invite is to request one on the site linked to at the bottom of the first post (It’s pretty painless, just need to make an enjin account). That site gets checked far more frequently than these forums, so it’ll just be faster :-)

I’ll see if we can get some invites out to jayt and Alacrity soon (if they aren’t already sent). I’d do it myself tonight, buuuuuut….. sssssssh whispers: I’m playing DA:I

Edited to update link

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: jacob.5609

jacob.5609

If anyone from the UK/English speaking european guilds is running anything like this please let me know!
The guys in Knights of Ares are awesome but sadly timezones aren’t on my side either :/

dlonie.6547

I’m sure there are EU guilds similar to ours, but I don’t know of any off the top of my head — You might have better luck making a new thread in the forum (most regulars won’t check this one very often).

Also, check out [NOOB] in the other sticky. They’re less of a social guild and more of an LFG, but they have a lot of great mentors willing to teach on both server pools.

Best of luck to you!

Posted by: Avery Faustus.3015

Avery Faustus.3015

I am highly interested in this. upon getting my Mesmer to lvl 30/31 i would really love to be a part of this ive tried the first dungeon and am still foggy on the mechanics and such. I really would love to do this if its not all speed running cause imo thats just boring ;<

When i am onlne next time i shall whisper you for that invite

Zatamiri – Necromancer

Posted by: bryony.1576

bryony.1576

Any guilds like this in the Australia/Oceanic region? I’ve been PVEing since release but I’d love to get into dungeons more, they just seem so intimidating. I’ve learned AC and CM simply from having some good luck PUGing, but not so much with the others.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Im apart of this guild and Im from new zealand. There are afew of us ( oceanic ) in this guild too, just gotta ask around ^^

Posted by: Cameile.2807

Cameile.2807

Hello! I am very interested in joining this guild as well. I applied to the website and sent a comment as well. Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted by: Matarell.6203

Matarell.6203

This concept of Dungeon Mentoring is very intriguing. I have a level 80 Guardian, and have been away from the game for almost 2 years. I missed what appears to be a great deal of living story, and when it comes to dungeons I am completely clueless now.

Due to a highly erratic play schedule, I may not be able to join a scheduled dungeon run, but I was hoping that there might be a guide that explains some of the terminology in use these days. Perhaps something that explains some of the common methods used?

For starters, what the crap is “stacking”?

RagingDragon.9475

Hey Matarell,

While most of our Mentoring runs are scheduled for weekends. We also do random runs with Guildies during the week. If you are interested in learning just message me if you see me online.

As for stacking…. Stacking is exactly what it sounds like. Essentially you and your party all stand together usually in a small area against a wall. You would then pull mobs into that small area to kill them quickly. Parties stack for a few reasons. The first reason is Buffs. Buff skills have a limited range, so it is easier to ensure everyone gets Buffs if they stay close to each other. The other reason is Cleaving damage, lots of skills will hit multiple targets if they are close together. And the last reason was due to an exploit with the Elemental’s Fiery Great Sword skill. It allowed you to do massive amounts of damage in a very short time span, but has since been fixed or “nerfed” as some people call it. Due to FGS being “nerfed”, stacking is actually no longer needed, and is no longer used by high end Dungeon Groups. However PUG’S (Pick Up Groups) still tend to use it even though it is an outdated strategy.

Posted by: stormyjensilverdragonlove.7240

stormyjensilverdragonlove.7240

hate to admit this but i have tried to solo the beetlebum dungeon just to rage quit after 7 grueling humiliating hours, not even being able to defeat the first golem >.< my only other experience involved ascalon, which i will explain in a moment… my issue might be that most of my friends are noobs (under 25 on first character), (only joined gw2 because i dragged them from other games) :/ but we’d like to eventually do more than just personal story… my main is 80 and norn guardian.. she has soloed every piece of personal story content and is currently at waypoint of arah for last piece… anyways my first ascalon run was a party formed explore and i glitched lagged froze during story while trolls bashed me and my group kept retracking back to revive me… severely embarrassing and caused me not to try to party up ever again… i love the story part, i am 100% lover of all things pve help whoever whenever english speaking or not… beating champion bosses in pve while other random guildies join.. all is neat with the rare lag if more than 200 players attacking.. anyways i guess i scared to join another guild dont understand their purpose more than to have free for hire henchies and people that beg you to “donate to their cause >.>” sorry its just what i most often come across, the only guilds i have joined are purposely tiny just to keep closer contact with friends.. i am max chef i tend to random gift food lol but i guess i just venting over all.. dont know really what i am asking i guess and hate to beg.. guess just curious if any other people still wanna attempt a slow stormy mode run regardless of my experience or skills.. if so i guess try to whisper to me in-game but please mention its because of my “dungeon reply on forums” ty all be very blessed hope your days are lovely jennifer p.s. coincidentally i chose Dragonbrand too O.O

RagingDragon.9475

Hi Jennifer,

I will be sending you a message in game later today. I will also be doing some Mentoring runs this Sunday (Oct 4, 2015). If you are available I’d be happy to teach you a few things about Dungeons.

Kane

Posted by: Gina.9148

Gina.9148

Hi Kane! I would like an invite to the guild please =) I’m working on the dungeon master title on my ele. I’m pretty comfortable with a few dungeons but I want to eventually become an expert in all the them and I’m trying to get to fractal 50 as well. Would really appreciate some help getting there and maybe eventually mentoring other people as well.
Avery

Squirrel Avery (Ele)
The Official Squirrel of [RE] Rethesis

dlonie.6547

Hi Avery! I sent you an invite for [ARES].

Welcome to the team, and feel free to grab me anytime you want to run something

See you in game!

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

“New to Dungeons and want to learn?” – GOOD LUCK, you’re going to need it since ANET nerfed the ever living crap out of dungeons and next to nobody is going to do them any longer. You may just have to learn if/how to SOLO a dungeon.

Thanks ANET! </sarcasm>

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Hey look a useless thread, no one wants to learn dungeons ever, because what’s the point?

dlonie.6547

Sparc and The one to rule — Sad, but true.

[ARES] will no longer be offering dungeon mentoring outside of our guild, thanks to the recent patch that killed off what little interest remained in dungeon running.

Dramen (the OP) should be on here at some point to request that this thread be unstickied, as it’s no longer relevant. If a mod happens to see this first, feel free to take this thread down.

Thanks to all of the people who we’ve enjoyed running with and teaching over the years. Wish it hadn’t ended this way.

Posted by: Vienna.1579

Vienna.1579

So far I have seen lvl 30 & lvl 40 dungeon and I have to say, the dungeons in this game are the worst I have come across in mmorpg’s. In essence dungeons offer to new players
& lower lvl’s – even if they are difficult still a lot of fun, while in this game eh,…horror, not even interested to visit the rest of them.

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Sparc and The one to rule — Sad, but true.

[ARES] will no longer be offering dungeon mentoring outside of our guild, thanks to the recent patch that killed off what little interest remained in dungeon running.

Dramen (the OP) should be on here at some point to request that this thread be unstickied, as it’s no longer relevant. If a mod happens to see this first, feel free to take this thread down.

Thanks to all of the people who we’ve enjoyed running with and teaching over the years. Wish it hadn’t ended this way.

Yea, I have to agree, I will NOT be teaching ANYONE outside of my guild – dungeons – any longer. Sad that it had to come to this, and also sad it ended this way.

THANKS ANET

looks like I wont be purchasing any further upgrades/expansions either as you’ve now demonstrated your ability to totally TRASH any given aspect of the game at your will. Screw all your players that actually liked it right?

I’d also ask that this be unstickied, but I am thinking it may as well remain sticky – as a reminder of what ANET has done to a portion of their community!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/