Nice TA path3 kitten-up there!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Really nice to screw up this path so hard it is nearly impossible to finish with a normal pug.
I did arah p3 and Simin after the buff and before the nerf, meaning invulnerable and regen while stealthed. I did the new dungeon many times with pugs without
any kind of problem. I do love a challenge but this is just stupid.
Standing in a wall of reflection from a guardian doesn’t help; still got hit by
the insane amount of projectiles. Feedback worked but only has a duration of i think 10 seconds. So i need to stack 4 mesmers to kill the last boss? Game design!

Is there any information on whether this is a bug or simply ridiculously imbalanced
because from what i get the mechanic behind this boss is to engage him in
ranged combat to avoid the spiders from aggroing. At least that’s the strategy the wiki
suggests.

edit: for clarification – i am reffering to the forward/up path with the nightmare
tree and spiders as endboss

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Don’t drop aoe on the boss and ze spiders will stop. Also wall of reflect never did stop the trees big Damage attack. It’s been a while but I think the animation is one of the hands goes up and holds up for a second then Slams down and you can wait a second and dodge or just dodge back and then dodge straight back to your starting position. (Double dodge if you can’t figure out timing, you will fully regen before he uses it again)

Watch for the trees attack next time your there. I’m pretty sure it only has 3 an only the one has to be dodged.

Edit. Was wrong about what animation it had been a while but as the guy below me said. Dodge after it shakes.

[Ark]Noober

(edited by x per fection x.2096)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s the spider tree, right? If so, the only one that has to be dodged is when it shakes its leaves and drops the bombs on you. You basically watch it shake, wait 1 second, and dodge roll. You can tank the other hits pretty safely.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I really love this path (F/U) but the boss is no fun at all. The spiders are just an horrible design.

And ArenaNet wonders why everyone was glitching on the tree branch for this path… It’s so freaking not fun and hard. I would love doing all three paths but this one is just a big no until they change the mechanic… :S

I can do it fine, but it’s just long and tedious compared to other bosses. It should spawn only a few spiders on someone (like Lupicus’s grubs) if you don’t dodge it. But when there are 40 spiders, it’s no fun at all currently…

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Don’t drop aoe on the boss and ze spiders will stop. Also wall of reflect never did stop the trees big Damage attack. It’s been a while but I think the animation is one of the hands goes up and holds up for a second then Slams down and you can wait a second and dodge or just dodge back and then dodge straight back to your starting position. (Double dodge if you can’t figure out timing, you will fully regen before he uses it again)

Watch for the trees attack next time your there. I’m pretty sure it only has 3 an only the one has to be dodged.

Edit. Was wrong about what animation it had been a while but as the guy below me said. Dodge after it shakes.

there seems to be a bug that leads to the spiders spawning (and aggroing!) regardless of type of damage. the part with wall of reflection was reffering to the spiders spit attack.
currently there is a “workaround” to beat this boss in his current broken state
which involves a lot of projectile reflection, since you cant avoid spiders from spawning and burning the boss down as fast as possible. maybe i should have made a screenshot to show how broken and ridiculous it is now. but thanks; your comment
kind of showed me, that this is just a bug and not intended.
hope anet fixes this asap as this is the last dungeon/path i need for dungeonmaster…

That’s the spider tree, right? If so, the only one that has to be dodged is when it shakes its leaves and drops the bombs on you. You basically watch it shake, wait 1 second, and dodge roll. You can tank the other hits pretty safely.

as i said the problem is not the tree but the (literally) countless spiders that spawn,
which can’t be prevented

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

If you melee I don’t believe the boss AOE will get you. The real threat is spider projectiles. I helped a friend get this path last week. We made sure to use classes with projectile protection and chained them. We killed the boss in less than a minute. Everyone just stay in the Feedback, Wall of Reflection, Shield of the Avenger etc and melee away.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

This is impossible with pugs with the wrong setup. I was the only guardian in a group of classes, none of which brought reflect. The ele didn’t even have aurashare for magnetic aura.

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

I guess there is a reason why the path is called F/U

[LFG]

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I just had to finish it with this pug by basically me and the necro kiting around the room doing ranged.

If you don’t have reflect or good dps you will die, period. This is just horrible with pugs. Obviously this can be done with the right setup in a minute but on a lfg website pug it’s just bad.

And it’s terrible design in this game to make classes like necro and ranger and engineer undesirable because they make encounters like this so much more difficult than if you just had brought raw melee dps and reflection.