Ninja Dungeon Nerfs Halloween 2014 Patch

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

AC p2 Dungeon final boss no longer moves past the 3 traps. – Possibly done to prevent players from stacking on the pillars? Edit: (Still working)

Mai Trin relogging trick to be ressed by Ellen Kiel has been fixed.

Any other undocumented fixes?

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

AC p2 Dungeon final boss no longer moves past the 3 traps. – Possibly done to prevent players from stacking on the pillars?

Done it not so long ago with stacking behind the pillar so i’m not sure what you mean here.

ZilentNight.5089

Try pulling the boss to the pillar stacking location, it will come up to the trap and then turn around. You can no longer pull it past any of the 3 traps.

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

Did AC today and we could still stack behind this pillar.

ZilentNight.5089

Thats really odd, I did a run last night and it did not work for us, will try again tonight.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I don’t want to be rude or anything, but why are people still stacking behind the pillar? with the fiery rush nerf it is much faster to just pull him on trap, stack on him, put down projectile mitigation and burn him down.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

You’d be surprised at the amount of players (noobs or elitists) who still LoS stack for random encounters after the FGS nerf. But when you pug, you take what you can get.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

You’d be surprised at the amount of players (noobs or elitists) who still LoS stack for random encounters after the FGS nerf. But when you pug, you take what you can get.

You’d be surprised but meteor shower, lightning storm and icebow still deal double (roughly) damage against the wall.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Because warriors get their full whirlwind damage against a wall, targeted ground aoe skills on a wall will mostly land next to that wall potentially increasing your damage, and last but not least the boss won’t move around everywhere when someone moves away from the stack.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

It’s a silly thing because it melts so fast that you lose more time waiting to los behind a pillar than you benefit from icebow magical targeting.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Depends on the groups. In many pugs, or with people who don’t know how to consistently chain their skills for max damage, bosses may actually go down half as fast or less than you’re used to with an experienced group, and stacking in the corner just leaves less margin for error (people evading out of stack etc.) in that case. See the pillar/corner as ensurance against less-perfect group members .

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

It’s a silly thing because it melts so fast that you lose more time waiting to los behind a pillar than you benefit from icebow magical targeting.

yup, doesn’t last even 5s

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Thieves and rangers also loose dps by stacking. I asked people why they stacked, I got 2 different kind of answers: “Stacking allows to burn him in one trap” ( like you can’t just burn it in the open) and " we’re used to it/ it makes it easier".

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Not in a pug, and you would be surprised how people used to stacking spots are lost when you want them to try it on-spot.
Their skills and dodges magically stop working

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ll fight a boss anywhere it makes it less likely for the randoms in my group to die horribly, wall, cliff, open, whatever.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Meryn.6875

Not sure when this changed or if I just didnt do it right. But i couldnt teleport behind the portal in CM where it was possible in the past. Can anyone confirm this is impossible now?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Not sure when this changed or if I just didnt do it right. But i couldnt teleport behind the portal in CM where it was possible in the past. Can anyone confirm this is impossible now?

It’s been like that since the 2nd feature patch.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Wait, cm story mode too? Better check cof then, you could Blink past portal there too.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

There’s another way to get out of the map to visit the UFO in p1/3, I can show you if you want.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’d love to know. That was one of the coolest parts of the game. Are you NA?

I guess that one stack of might + protection (?) for 10 minutes was enough of a priority to fix. Low hanging fruit, I suppose.

Attachments:

Sins.4782

NA, yes, but I have an EU account now too (just not high enough level yet for dungeoning).

Meryn.6875

Oh I would love to know how to get there. I’m on EU btw.
Your level should not be ever a problem. If its needed i could clear out the whole way.

And yeah, the protection and might is probably the killer. They couldve just removed those?

Sins.4782

Add Prisoner.2419 then, and pm me if you see me on. I’m usually on after around 6PM EST on weekdays.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Add Prisoner.2419 then, and pm me if you see me on. I’m usually on after around 6PM EST on weekdays.

I"m curious about this too. I loved venturing out there just to play around. (I"m NA).

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

I’m not sure whether this is new or not, but untraited iWardens can no longer reflect Old Tom’s projectiles.

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I’m not sure whether this is new or not, but untraited iWardens can no longer reflect Old Tom’s projectiles.

They “fixed” iWarden some updates before I think (correct me if I’m wrong though, since I haven’t been playing fractals much).

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

They “fixed” iWarden some updates before I think (correct me if I’m wrong though, since I haven’t been playing fractals much).

They were “fixed” in the 2nd feature pack.