Ninja switching acceptable?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Ninja switching to level alts in dungeon is becoming epidemic in the pug scene, what do you think/feel when someone is switching at the last boss without informing the party beforehand?

albeit zero decency and in exchange of lost dps, it does save a little time from not holding the cut scene.

Would you kick such player if you host the dungeon? Have you had a bad experience with similar scenarios? such as party wipe due to lost dps or more than one player ninja switching?

edit:
within 5 minutes after this post i got into this situation at cof p1. (see attachment)

Edit2:
Thank you all for the reply.

From what i gather, most player does not like ninja switching because it is rude to the party. however, since it is the last boss and as long as the dungeon is cleared, it doesn’t really bother the players aside from slight annoyance.

But this is the problem, there will be more and more players that likes to take advantage of others (especially on dungeon opener since he/she can’t switch). in extremely unlikely cases, dungeon opener will be the only one soloing the final boss.

I personally find it unacceptable, yes, dungeon is not hard. yes, other pugs can kill the boss just fine. but when you (ninja-switchers) throw the social part of the game out of the window and expect others to carry your burden silently, you are no better than those who would join random lfg party without even bother looking at the descriptions.

Attachments:

(edited by rainynoble.6531)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I leveled three alts to 80 in AC. I always ask when I join and maybe 2% of parties have not been okay with swapping and kicked me.

I generally dislike people who don’t ask and will make no effort to help them. The bosses are so easy now I wish them luck getting back in before it dies. If their leaving causes a wipe I’ll kick them (usually never), but if not idgaf.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

i don’t care.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I think its ok if they do that in AC or CM, in dungeons higher than that can be annoying. Once i pugged HotW p1 and at the end boss 2 players switched to their alts when the boss was like 25% hp, the 3 of us who remained fighting the boss ended up wiping because 25% hp on that boss is still quite a lot. No one got kicked in that group but that run took a long time to complete.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I really don’t care, I’ll usually just offer to hold the cutscene. But if they don’t say anything, it is definitely a slight annoyance. Worthy of a sigh, but not much more.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It’s fine in lower level dungeons and on easier paths. Ever so often two people want to swap out simultaneously, which hasn’t been much of a problem either.

One guy wanted to swap in CoE though, we did okay without him but the group wasn’t too pleased. I was just amazed that he ran a level 20ish toon all the way down to Mount Maelstrom.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t mind as long as they tell me beforehand.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

I was just amazed that he ran a level 20ish toon all the way down to Mount Maelstrom.

I have my level 20 something thief parked outside arah. Its not that hard if you have a thief or a friend on a thief to run you there

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

A while back we had one guy switch out without asking on the last boss after two people got downed. The party wiped with a sliver of health left on the boss. This was one of the few times I’ve voted for a kick.

In general I don’t like it, I think its a cheap way of doing things (in the pejorative sense of cheap), but if people want to do it and ask beforehand then I won’t object.

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

normally fine with it, but one time the dungeon host did this. the group wasn’t particularly great, took us 2 hours to get to final boss…………..2 hours wasted, and the dungeon host didn’t even realize they had messed up. but if they aren’t the dungeon host, this is fine

Fix what you have before you build something new

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

I don’t hold cut scenes, cause some cut scenes take longer than killing a boss, so its their luck/pc processing to decide. If they have been helpful(dps/speed wise) i ask to switch @ 20% boss health. Now if they have been a burden, i kick.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I don’t mind as long as they tell me beforehand.

I don’t mind as long as they ask the group beforehand.

Not ask at the final boss…ask when we start.
Don’t assume it will be okay to switch.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It’s fine in lower level dungeons and on easier paths. Ever so often two people want to swap out simultaneously, which hasn’t been much of a problem either.

One guy wanted to swap in CoE though, we did okay without him but the group wasn’t too pleased. I was just amazed that he ran a level 20ish toon all the way down to Mount Maelstrom.

He could have simply used a twisted watchwork portal device.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

If it’s our run (only together with a friend because AC PUGs are getting worse not better), we will immediately kick such kitten. Asking before is a different kind but i like to punish unsocial behaviour.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I enjoy people switching at the end to level alts. I did it myself, and I’m thankful to all the people that let me do it. Now I return the favor to the rest of the community by helping them level by finishing the boss’ final bits of HP at the end.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t care. They don’t even have to ask, but I’m not going to wait for them to load or anything. As long as it’s not wasting my own time it doesn’t matter.

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

I enjoy people switching at the end to level alts. I did it myself, and I’m thankful to all the people that let me do it. Now I return the favor to the rest of the community by helping them level by finishing the boss’ final bits of HP at the end.

But did you let the party know beforehand though? that is the argument i am trying to put forward.

I have no problem with folks that are trying to level alts, as long as they tell the party ahead of time.

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

I’m fine with this as long as they stay until we have downed the last boss’ health atleast 75%

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I won’t kick someone for an annanounced switch but I also prefer if someone asks right at the start if it’s ok with everyone.
Even if in almost every case people are OK with it, I wouldn’t take it as a given because of that.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.