No More Overflow ?

No More Overflow ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

Is this anet’s way of slowing down our progression?
After this whole time refusing to fix the no rejoining issue
After all these bugs causing crashes not getting touched in fractal dungeons
After introducing more problems with each and every patch
it came down to shutting down overflow entry and stop us doing fotm all together?

AND
all of this after you took away karma farm to force us into fotm…

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

Over flow is only accessible on your server if the main channel is full. Tbh I don’t know why they just didn’t stick with the district idea from GW1 that allowed you to jump between them.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think they changed the maximum allowed people on main server in lion arch. Today theres no overflow over 2 hours earlier than normal.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

I think they changed the maximum allowed people on main server in lion arch. Today theres no overflow over 2 hours earlier than normal.

Now that you mention that, I park all my chars in LA and every time I have logged one in I have gone straight into the main channel, I haven’t seen an overflow channel all day … which is unusual for SBI.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Overflows were the one and ONLY thing keeping people playing FOTM and you just took it away. Something That was so kittening kitten to find a group in the first place just got 20 times worse.. I donno who makes the decisions over at anet but he should be fired, you haven’t done one thing right since launch, this game is a joke and you all are a joke.

FIX CLIFFSIDE BEFORE YOU EVEN TOUCH ANYTHING………. i just don’t understand the kitten decisions being made by anet, please anet answer so i can at least have piece of mind… is it because you think this will fix the dc problem? because this isn’t the solution.

How about taking cliffside off the rotation until you fix it to? light bulb come on yet? such a joke

[Ark]Noober

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

Cant seem to get into overflow on SoS which is highly unusual

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Caldric.1685

Caldric.1685

This is just dumb, either everyone raged quit today or they “fixed” overflow now can’t get a group on Sorrow Furnace just not enough people. Used to get home from work and get one in 10 mins or so and run level 20 but not now 42 mins and no group or overflow.

Thanks for the “Fix”

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Pretty sure they increased the cap in LA for wintersday events since alot of stuff takes place in LA.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

It’s because of Wintersday… further proof they need a cross-server LFG tool other then community made ones.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Caldric.1685

Caldric.1685

Makes sense but broked my game

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

cross server lfg tool won’t work?

have to be in overflow to join fotm unless your all from same server.

[Ark]Noober

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

what they need to do is add guesting already, this was something in the betas and hyped about for months before release but still not implemented i guess they scratched the whole idea.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Pietoro.2014

Pietoro.2014

Seriously, where is guesting?!

+Gaura Havocshot – Engineer
+Felzza – Elementalist
+Roienna – Guardian

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

This is quite a slap in the face to all the players in 20+ Fractals. I’d be kitten if I miss my 20 and 30 daily today.

No More Overflow ?

Malediktus.9250

bad idea to change this when you need overflow to cross server play fotm. Not a bright decision.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

bad idea to change this when you need overflow to cross server play fotm. Not a bright decision.

Or they will address this in the patch and this is a bit of an unintended hiccup. They’ve increased the caps on everything as of earlier today (server and map overflow caps).

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

For you it was 2 hours. For me, I usually always see an overflow. Yet right in the middle of US primetime I loaded into LA (on SBI) and had no overflow.

Sure, the popularity of http://gw2lfg.com/ should be treated as a symptom of an underlying problem. But ANET didn’t fix the problem, they just killed a symptom.

Thing is, dungeons do allow cross-server play without needing an overflow. FOTM is the big exception.

Turns out we didn’t even get a month out of the Flavor of the Month dungeon before ANET killed it

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Tulinor.6745

Tulinor.6745

I was just starting to enjoy the fractal gear grind but I won’t wait 20 min to find a group that is for sure. They better have something in store to fix it or return it back to where it was.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Landscaper.1365

Landscaper.1365

This is quite a slap in the face to all the players in 20+ Fractals. I’d be kitten if I miss my 20 and 30 daily today.

At least you can participate in those dailies, my friend. I’m being trolled so hard by lvl 10 right now. I’ve joked that my character could easily be lvl 20 by now had it not been for the constant disconnects and silly bugs…but now my little joke has become more and more of a supremely frustrating reality.

Landscaper, Cuz I mow ’em down!

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

Whole thing is broken, spent an hour PMing people on LFG last night trying to find someone on an overflow server, bumped into multiple groups who had the same problem who thought they were on an overflow server.

Finally found one and invited people that Id met with the same issue to get them onto the overflow server(3 other groups). And my original team had disbanded waiting. Spent another 30 mins getting a new group and helping ferrying in desperate people into overflow. Did my daily 4 man since someone had disconnected, and lo and behold still no ring “sigh”.

Anet needs to fix this mongoloid workmanship.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Considering fractals is the most played content ingame by 98% of the population, and fractals begins with an overflow, as someone explained if your main server is not full, you arrive to LA ending up on main server. So you need a “taxi” to an overflow. Clearly, who programmed the “all player on same overflow or the run doesn’t start” idiocity, didn’t tought we maybe was needing a “go to overflow” command. But well
Now, add players leaving bored of the content/bugs/etc, not so hard to figure out how easy is find LA empty in a sec.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for pointing this out. We will forward this to the team and see if they can confirm Overflow server being disabled or maybe its a bug. In the meantime, please feel free to give us as much feedback you can gather.

Thanks for your understanding

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

hahaha, tipically from a-net: players, we trolled you again !
yes, very hard to make a fractal group now for lvl X, thank you ALL for making our lives more miserable

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: sdragon.7605

sdragon.7605

no overflow?simple, that means huge drop in population, no? lol

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

At least you can participate in those dailies, my friend. I’m being trolled so hard by lvl 10 right now. I’ve joked that my character could easily be lvl 20 by now had it not been for the constant disconnects and silly bugs…but now my little joke has become more and more of a supremely frustrating reality.

Do spare a thought for those who haven’t gotten past Lv1 yet. I’m one of the supposed 2% of people that don’t do fractals, although I’d be willing to bet it’s much more. For me, every time I hit an overflow I’m disconnected in one of the fractals. It’s only through my home server that I actually stand a chance of not being d/c’d.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: desdisques.2473

desdisques.2473

The no overflow has basically killed fotm progression. Only way you can get ahead now is if you have a dedicated guild, judging by the gw2lfg, most of us don’t, and we have to pug.

why is anet so determined to ruin this game?

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Just tried to enter fractals, people from three different servers, no overflow. You can pretty much forget finding a group for progression without the overflows:(

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

It is impossible to find party without overflow. It is stupid mechanic that you need be on overflow server to go in fractals, it should work as other dungeons where you can enter from different server in same dungeon. But now when there is no overflow, can’t do fractals.
If someone have overflow on their server, maybe he can post here and be taxi for us.

No More Overflow ?

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Oh wait i got it, the last patch created this bug, i never seen a bugged patch on this game
/sarcasm off
rofl

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

the best and smartest fix is to make FoTM like EVERY other dung, if all 5 are in LA (no matter the server) they get ported into the same instance when the first person enters (or in some cases when each member of the group enters they enter the same instance when the enter dung port does not work).

This 100% removes the issue of needing an overflow, and when you play at a less populated time of the day getting an overflow is not always easy. a /overflow that moves you to an overflow would work as well, but the just not needing overflow to group with people from another server (like every other dung) just makes more sense.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: norsalba.3914

norsalba.3914

Why is the “overflow” which is by definition a temporay layover – functioning as the primary method to get a dungeon group (i.e. fractals) anyway?

Some people need to get heads out of kittens and learn about mmo community functionality from other iterations.

kitten wintersday – fix the grouping problems your having; you literally have no lfg function other than sitting on our kittens in LA – not even a general chat or some type of world channel.

(edited by norsalba.3914)

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

In my opinion this problem reinforces the fact that a rethinking is needed for the way servers are managed. As I’ve stated in another thread, I believe that something like Guild Wars 1 had, would be the best approach: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/Do-you-remember-when-the-game-is-started-and-the-areas-had-a-lot-of-player-I-want-it-back/861383

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Oddbot.6578

Oddbot.6578

People have started to sell overflow. One look at this screenshot can help see how dire the problem has become. Time on the screenshot is EST.

http://postimage.org/image/a7hciofl7/

I’ve started to have people joining randomly my party just in hope that I might have an overflow, in order to join on me, leave and form a party of their own.

This happens mostly at 10:00 to 14:00 EST, meaning that people are just mostly asleep are not playing, or a least not massively in Lion’s Arch. This is however the time of the day at which I do most of my dungeonning, being more busy with WvW in evenings. I cannot enjoy this aspect of GW2 as much as I use to in the first few weeks of the fractals. This issue has been happening to me every day this week.

(edited by Oddbot.6578)

No More Overflow ?

Lucas Ashrock.8675

If there is people seriously paying those guys, instead of report them for scamming, stupidity is touching the bottom on this community

I hope a mod is gonna redirect this player visible on that pic to the security department for a long , long ban. I would take a look on that exploiter doing arah farm too.

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

No More Overflow ?

Malediktus.9250

How is offering a taxi a scam? They could just do something else, but instead they do a smart money making service.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Kenrin.2091

Kenrin.2091

Supply and demand. I just ran into someone that was charging anywhere from 10-40silver to get people into overflow. The problem was that other people on gw2lfg was offering free overflows and he was using a proxy to flag everyone else other than himself so that we can not post. Please fix this issue Anet !

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Oddbot.6578

Oddbot.6578

Trading in GW2 involves the trading post. They did not implement any direct trading system between 2 players for goods, much less for services. If you accept to pay for this type of service and do not receive the service in return, you have no system or tool at your disposition to seek compensation from grief. And since it is probably not a sanctioned activity, reporting the person for scamming won’t get you a refund.

In my opinion, the potential for scam is too huge to try those expensive services. The point of my screenshot was more to express that if some guy makes money charging 25-30s for an overflow taxi and that he finds customers at such a price, then the overflow system is in dire need of a quick fix. The price of an ecto to have access to overflow is ridiculously expensive for something that should be free and easy to access in the first place.

There should be no market for overflows, because there should be no design flaw in the first place.

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

no overflow?simple, that means huge drop in population, no? lol

I’m on SBI. I went from being always shunted into overflow for LA one day, to no overflow at all the next. That means that whatever happened was sudden. Population drops that sudden don’t happen without a reason. Usually something that got changed.

What caused the sudden population drop ?

No More Overflow ?

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Again, it’s not a population drop. Most likely a higher population cap. A sudden population drop is ridiculous.