No original story or ls1 let's try this then

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

Here are 4 pivotal story instances that should become a fractal.

1. Tower of nightmare with toxic hybrid boss
2. The battle for lions arch with assault knight boss
3. Scarlet briar boss fight
4. Battle for Claw island

And on a side note bring the marionette world boss battle back. So good.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

100% behind this. But I’d have the Marrionette as a Fractal too. It was a past event that shaped Tyria but we defeated it and it remains an inactive wreckage in Lornar’s Pass, with no one controlling it.
5 lanes 5 people.

Kitten.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Scarlet’s playhouse can easily become a fractal too.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For me, I wouldn’t like to some of the most epic fights in the game to be trivialized by including them in a fractal. The battle for LA and the marionette fight were great because they were map-wide (plus, the marionette fight lives on in Silverwastes: the final battle is that fight, improved to be less dependent on small groups).

However, the pre-marionette fights could be “fractalized” by including a random 3 of the 5 fights that led up to the final confrontation, each becoming progressively more difficult. I’d be okay with any of the previously-instanced fights being added to the fractal rotation.

However, after all this time, I doubt adding any of the above is any easier for ANet than starting from scratch and so I’d just as soon as they work on creating great (or at least good) new fights, rather than relying on nostalgia to fuel their ideas. Besides, 4 of the existing fights are already from season 1 (molten boss & molten not-boss, aether spin-cycle, and Mai Trin.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”