No place for power necro in raid.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

EA and Spotter wouldn’t be so stupid if the buffs they gave were actually in line with the power levels of other trait buffs.

I never claimed that everything was equally balanced. I agree, things like EA are way out of line with things like AA (percent conversion traits in general should go away), but that doesn’t inherently mean that things like EA need to be nerfed. A lot of traits provide extremely potent bonuses to the classes that they’re on, just many of them take vastly different forms.

Also class stacking is already a huge problem, I don’t see how changing class specific support buffs could possibly make it any worse.

Removing or overnerfing class-specific buffs for all classes would result in the average group being 10 of whatever DPS class has the biggest numbers and simultaneously gets all of the right boons (probably Guardian). Class diversity isn’t perfect right now, but at least we get a minimum of 4 distinct classes even in the most hyper optimized of groups.

There are only a small handful of such skills in the game, surely given enough time anet could come up with a decent way to implement them.

I won’t say anything for certain, but to do so would very likely alter playstyles and draw a lot of community ire as a result. They won’t and shouldn’t go for such massive overhauls. It’s OK for classes to have defined roles, with some of them being big offensive buffers. While I don’t love the particular implementation of things like banners or ranger spirits, I don’t think either making classes jump through hoops for the same buffs or removing them altogether improves the game.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Power necro never had a place to begin with; not in pre-HoT dungeons/fractals and certainly not after in raids but fractal groups nowadays seem more flexible than before so…

power necro can’t compete for dps slots, even non-meta builds like power engi are more worthy of the slot

brings almost no utility or unique buffs even with blood magic traited

brings no boon support that isnt already covered better by other meta picks

deathshroud even works against your pug healer trying to heal u. a class mechanic that everyone is so envious of that locks you out of utlities and healing….thanks but I’d give up in an instant to u if given the chance

it doesnt matter what buffs power necro receives to its worthless power weapons or outdated damage traits, it will not compete for that dps role slot. ele/thief/guard and even rev would always be a better pick.

people already know all of this, it has never changed since release so stop asking for power necro buffs it wont happen. you would only hold your group back by rolling power necro. there is nothing for you to offer and might as well just sell the last spot instead of using power necro

You would only use power reaper for cosmetic purposes and to look pretty to gaze at standing afk in DR.
roll an ele and obey the meta.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Oslaf Beinir.5842)

Posted by: Karode.9206

Karode.9206

Power necro never had a place to begin with; not in pre-HoT dungeons/fractals and certainly not after in raids but fractal groups nowadays seem more flexible than before so…

power necro can’t compete for dps slots, even non-meta builds like power engi are more worthy of the slot

brings almost no utility or unique buffs even with blood magic traited

brings no boon support that isnt already covered better by other meta picks

deathshroud even works against your pug healer trying to heal u. a class mechanic that everyone is so envious of that locks you out of utlities and healing….thanks but I’d give up in an instant to u if given the chance

it doesnt matter what buffs power necro receives to its worthless power weapons or outdated damage traits, it will not compete for that dps role slot. ele/thief/guard and even rev would always be a better pick.

people already know all of this, it has never changed since release so stop asking for power necro buffs it wont happen. you would only hold your group back by rolling power necro. there is nothing for you to offer and might as well just sell the last spot instead of using power necro

You would only use power reaper for cosmetic purposes and to look pretty to gaze at standing afk in DR.
roll an ele and obey the meta.

But I love my Power Reaper…

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This one sentence explains the entire problem with raids in GW2 right now.

Playing the profession/build you most enjoyed was okay when the game first came out, but for those players wanting to raid, ArenaNet has adopted a policy of min/max or go away – or, at the very least, min/max or forever be looked down upon by the raid community (because of the huge disparity between professions/builds)

It has been bad for the game. It has brought elitism and nastiness once reserved or a tiny percentage of dungeon/fractal runners front and center in the GW2 endgame.

A game that used to be about just enjoying yourself and creating characters that were just a tiny bit unique is now about copy pasting and conforming to a single accepted playstyle.

And, the worst part is, it isn’t necessary. It is 100% possible to implement challenging content without doing this. For some bizarre reason, the developers have begun moving away from the inclusive and fun-focused philosophy they had in the early game days toward the toxic mess the game is currently becoming.

I know that sounds extreme, but I hate seeing this happen to GW2. What was once this shining unique gem in the market has become another me-too clone-the-player-next-to-you game. And, I think their approach to raids are the single biggest reason for that.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Playing the profession/build you most enjoyed was okay when the game first came out, but for those players wanting to raid, ArenaNet has adopted a policy of min/max or go away – or, at the very least, min/max or forever be looked down upon by the raid community (because of the huge disparity between professions/builds)

It has been bad for the game. It has brought elitism and nastiness once reserved or a tiny percentage of dungeon/fractal runners front and center in the GW2 endgame.

A game that used to be about just enjoying yourself and creating characters that were just a tiny bit unique is now about copy pasting and conforming to a single accepted playstyle.

And, the worst part is, it isn’t necessary. It is 100% possible to implement challenging content without doing this. For some bizarre reason, the developers have begun moving away from the inclusive and fun-focused philosophy they had in the early game days toward the toxic mess the game is currently becoming.

I know that sounds extreme, but I hate seeing this happen to GW2. What was once this shining unique gem in the market has become another me-too clone-the-player-next-to-you game. And, I think their approach to raids are the single biggest reason for that.

3 years ago: Why won’t groups take my bear bow ranger? I do a lot of damage away from the group, my bear tanks, and my knock backs keep the enemies away.

But seriously, the fix is to buff power reaper. It’s also underperforming in pvp and wvw.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You must’ve missed the years of Ranger and Necromancer exclusion from all types of instanced content. Exclusion isn’t something new to GW2 unfortunately it’s just that some people forgot all about it

Blaeys.3102

3 years ago: Why won’t groups take my bear bow ranger? I do a lot of damage away from the group, my bear tanks, and my knock backs keep the enemies away.

But seriously, the fix is to buff power reaper. It’s also underperforming in pvp and wvw.

Except the problem isn’t unique to power reapers. Longbow Rangers are still in horrible shape. When was the last time you saw a power scrapper (or really any engineer), scepter ele, dagger thief, revenant (of pretty much any variety), tank warrior/guardian, etc accepted on regular basis into raids?

Playstyle diversity at end game – a defining feature of GW2 – is a thing of the past.

There are a few things they could do to make it a little better – taking a critical look at things like 5-player boon caps, letting blast finishers trigger more than one field, better autoattack damage consistency, etc. But, even with those things, I don’t think this is a problem that can be solved with better balance. There are just too many factors at play in the GW2 combat system (which in most situations, is a very good thing). But, with the current raiding model, there will always be a core selection of builds/playstyles that WAY over-perform (which the developers then need to balance challenging content around) – meaning pretty much every other playstyle (and the people who enjoy them) will be left out.

I know that doesn’t mean much to most of the hardcore raiders out there, but for more community focused guilds and players, it is starting to become game breaking.

You must’ve missed the years of Ranger and Necromancer exclusion from all types of instanced content. Exclusion isn’t something new to GW2 unfortunately it’s just that some people forgot all about it

People say this a lot – citing the old dungeon/fractal metas, but it has never been what it is with raids. Even in Arah, Twilight Assault and high level fractals, my guildees playing “less accepted” builds were always able to easily find groups where they were welcome and had a realistic chance of finishing the content. That is most definitely not true with raids – and the GW2 community is suffering for it.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Why in the world did you turn this around as if it’s a problem with raids? The problem is with class balance, and the fact that not all playstyles are created equally. And no matter what you do, someone can architect a terrible build that helps nothing, does no damage, and dies instantly. Should a group filled with that build be able to beat raids handily? Heavens no, half of the entire purpose and enjoyment of raids is to come together as a group and build a composition with classes and builds to overcome the specific encounter challenges.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Blaeys.3102

Why in the world did you turn this around as if it’s a problem with raids? The problem is with class balance, and the fact that not all playstyles are created equally. And no matter what you do, someone can architect a terrible build that helps nothing, does no damage, and dies instantly. Should a group filled with that build be able to beat raids handily? Heavens no, half of the entire purpose and enjoyment of raids is to come together as a group and build a composition with classes and builds to overcome the specific encounter challenges.

Because raids are the sole place (in PVE) where these players do not have a real way to enjoy the game. That is something raids, and the limited model Anet chose to adapt, brought to the game. Ive completed dozens of Aetherpath/Arah/fractals with players of all ilk – including condi mesmers, engineers, even bearbows (played by an elderly guildee who had suffered from a stroke and could only play effectively with one arm).

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be challenging content in the game. In fact, we need more of it. I’m saying the restrictive nature of raiding in the game is something we haven’t had to realistically deal with before – and that it didn’t have to be this way, and that is definitely bad for the game as a whole (at least for many of us that enjoyed the game at launch for what it was).

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

Because raids are the sole place (in PVE) where these players do not have a real way to enjoy the game. That is something raids, and the limited model Anet chose to adapt, brought to the game. Ive completed dozens of Aetherpath/Arah/high level fractal runs with players of all ilk – including condi mesmers, engineers, even bearbows (played by an elderly guildee who had suffered from a stroke and could only play effectively with one arm).

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be challenging content in the game. In fact, we need more of it. I’m saying the restrictive nature of raiding in the game is something we haven’t had to realistically deal with before – and that it didn’t have to be this way, and that is definitely bad for the game as a whole (at least for many of us that enjoyed the game at launch for what it was).

Saying that there should be challenging content in the game, but in the same time saying it should be possible to complete this kind of content with one arm kind of contradicts itself.
You might as well blame car manufacturers for not producing cars for blind people.

BTW, This is not the first time I see you say that the devs balance the game around “meta builds”, which is just plain dumb, the most effective meta builds are created by players for the content, after is was released, not before.

maddoctor.2738

Because raids are the sole place (in PVE) where these players do not have a real way to enjoy the game. That is something raids, and the limited model Anet chose to adapt, brought to the game. Ive completed dozens of Aetherpath/Arah/fractals with players of all ilk – including condi mesmers, engineers, even bearbows (played by an elderly guildee who had suffered from a stroke and could only play effectively with one arm).

I’m sure if 8 guildies can do the raid they can add a bearbow ranger and a condi mesmer as the last 2 slots and still succeed. That’s beside the point, there was always exclusion in the game and didn’t start with raids. And it’s as terrible as ever

Blaeys.3102

And, to be clear – even if this has always been an issue (and I don’t believe it was near as bad pre-raids) – that still isn’t a good reason to ignore it now just because they ignored it then.

maddoctor.2738

And, to be clear – even if this has always been an issue (and I don’t believe it was near as bad pre-raids) – that still isn’t a good reason to ignore it now just because they ignored it then.

Absolutely not. They should fix this as soon as possible. They’ve ignored it for a long time already

Absurdo.8309

I think this is why people hate these discussions … there are very real problems with power reaper, but people become obsessed with bashing raids.

I’m not sure how you expect anet to make hard content, while simultaneously expecting trash builds like bear bow to be successful.

(Pug) raiders don’t want to carry anyone. Use the best build or the snowflake build with people you know. This is no different than pvp.

The actual problem is when the best build is still bad, like with power necro.

(edited by Absurdo.8309)

Blaeys.3102

I think this is why people hate these discussions … there are very real problems with power reaper, but people become obsessed with bashing raids.

I’m not sure how you expect anet to make hard content, while simultaneously expecting trash builds like bear bow to be successful.

(Pug) raiders don’t want to carry anyone. Use the best build or the snowflake build with people you know. This is no different than pvp.

Not everyone hates these discussions – and I still think it would be more productive to focus on the conversation more than other players.

The issue is much bigger than just Power Necros – and even if power necros get “fixed,” that systemic issue remains. The gap between top and bottom performers is way too wide. Can that be fixed with simple balancing, and, if so, what is the easiest path to accomplishing that? Personally, I think it requires systemic, rather than localized, solutions (cure the disease and the symptoms dissipate on their own)

And which builds/playstyles should be acceptable and which shouldn’t? What are the defining characteristics of a raiding build/playstyle in the game? Is it okay for a profession to be viable with a condi build, but complete trash with any power build (or vice versa)? Are their utilities that all professions should be able to bring? When does the utility of a profession justify a drop in potential dps?

This isn’t a simple issue and it isn’t going away anytime soon. A systemic (disease rather than symptom focused) solution is needed.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

People say this a lot – citing the old dungeon/fractal metas, but it has never been what it is with raids.

Yes, you are right, it has never been what it is with raids. It was way worse.

The forums were full with complaints and dozens of players were kicked every day. Heck, I have been playing meta classes in dungeons and have been kicked several times, more times than in raids although being able to solo Lupi and knowing all skip parts etc.
Non-meta zerk players had to open their own group and run with likewise people otherwise 0.0% chance of having success. Many of those dissolved before the first boss. I know that from many attempts of helping pugs out when none of my friends were online and I had been through my “daily dungeon run”.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Absurdo.8309

Not everyone hates these discussions – and I still think it would be more productive to focus on the conversation more than other players.

The issue is much bigger than just Power Necros – and even if power necros get “fixed,” that systemic issue remains. The gap between top and bottom performers is way too wide. Can that be fixed with simple balancing, and, if so, what is the easiest path to accomplishing that? Personally, I think it requires systemic, rather than localized, solutions (cure the disease and the symptoms dissipate on their own)

And which builds/playstyles should be acceptable and which shouldn’t? What are the defining characteristics of a raiding build/playstyle in the game? Is it okay for a profession to be viable with a condi build, but complete trash with any power build (or vice versa)? Are their utilities that all professions should be able to bring? When does the utility of a profession justify a drop in potential dps?

This isn’t a simple issue and it isn’t going away anytime soon. A systemic (disease rather than symptom focused) solution is needed.

Do you have the same views towards pvp and wvw? If not why not?

If a utility, trait, weapon, or skill is useless in all 3 game modes, it should be fixed.

Easy mode is not a fix because the problem would still exist in the normal raid.

Blaeys.3102

Do you have the same views towards pvp and wvw? If not why not?

If a utility, trait, weapon, or skill is useless in all 3 game modes, it should be fixed.

Easy mode is not a fix because the problem would still exist in the normal raid.

I don’t think it is possible to make these kinds of comparisons with PvP and WvW.

In WvW, balance isn’t really an issue (imo) – unless a profession gets really out of hand in regard to AOE or group cc/lockdowns. That game mode is really a lot more about the macro game – eg, where teams focus their numbers on the map. While builds can make a difference, bringing a less popular build or profession doesn’t have nearly the impact it does elsewhere.

In competitive PvP, profession balance is EXTREMELY important – and there are definite improvements needed there. The comparisons with raids still doesn’t work, however, for two reasons. First, there is no good solution in PvP because, by the nature of the game mode, the developers have to give up a lot of the control to the players. Second, even though they aren’t in the best shape (yet), ladders naturally accomplish this to a degree. Lower ranked players (even those in more casual builds/playstyles) still have access to a compelling pvp experience by not being pitted against the serious GW2 PvPers where possible.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yes and all welcome none meta group took those players and completed dungeons just fine.

Absurdo.8309

Yes and all welcome none meta group took those players and completed dungeons just fine.

As is also possible with raids.

Linken.6345

Yes it would be if time limitation went out the window sure.

Absurdo.8309

I can’t tell if you raid or not, but the enrage timer is not a problem 99% of the time. Bosses are easier if you kill them faster though, because you deal with fewer mechanics. Plus, groups (even pugs) beat the bosses with less than 10 players all the time.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The enrage is not a problem, considering there have even been groups who killed vale guardian after 50 minutes of constant fighting because they decided to run ten heal eles.

Linken.6345

The enrage is not a problem, considering there have even been groups who killed vale guardian after 50 minutes of constant fighting because they decided to run ten heal eles.

Yea I seen the 10 guardian vale guardian aswell…. were are the 10 ranger, 10 engi, 10 necro, 10 warrior, 10 thief, 10 mesmer and 10 revenant kills tho?

And can you do it on any of the other 8 bosses not counting escort here.

Absurdo.8309

Yea I seen the 10 guardian vale guardian aswell…. were are the 10 ranger, 10 engi, 10 necro, 10 warrior, 10 thief, 10 mesmer and 10 revenant kills tho?

Yes? Plus, I’m not sure how this has to do with the enrage timer … or anything at all.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Just because no one has done it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be possible.
Also I’m not sure about the enrage timers for most bosses, but pretty sure the only ones where severe lack of dps wipes you are gors, sab and trio.
That being said, you shouldn’t be able to complete a full raid without a proper team comp anyway, that includes a part of the squad actually being able to deal damage.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

but isn’t that in the mindset of people?
i mean, if you go in raids with a exp group not wanting to break any records, who cares if the encounter is a bit longer alive?
yes, maybe it takes 20 mins longer to complete the overall raid, but how many people care about exactly that, its not speedrunning every single dungeon path in the evening anymore where you need that timesafe to be fast through, else you maybe run out of time.

heck, gorseval no updraft with a powerreaper in the party and pretty fast break, its no problem at all…been there, done that.

but yeah, at the other side thats no excuse that some classes suck a bit too much.
comes down that pvp / wvw / pve limit each other since there is the overall class balance.

imagine that there would be a power reaper build which does 30k dps in reapershroud and you can have permanent uptime of that. probably fun to play in pve and utterly broken in pvp.

it all comes down to that: to achieve a good class balance, there needs to be a splitted class balance in different gamemodes, else there will always be classes that are lacking.

necro is the best example of that. high health, even higher health through class mechanic. give him too much dps and its “unfair” to other classes like elementalist / thief where you need “skillful gameplay” to get kitten done, or broken in other gamemodes.
just look at the condi build and all the “solos”. a little bit of skill involved, the rest is carry through healing conditions and facetank everything because healthbars over the top…

or to say it with a clickbait text:
skillful pro gamers hate him – local casual noob reveals shocking class mechanics for easy gameplay in gw2. learn this one weird trait to play as good as the selfproclaimed top players.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

necro is the best example of that. high health, even higher health through class mechanic. give him too much dps and its “unfair” to other classes like elementalist / thief where you need “skillful gameplay” to get kitten done, or broken in other gamemodes.
just look at the condi build and all the “solos”. a little bit of skill involved, the rest is carry through healing conditions and facetank everything because healthbars over the top…

That’s bullkitten.
Most of those “solos” go highly defensive, options you would normally drop. Parasitic, Rise… all picks you should never take if you want to get the most dps.
Shroud is also highly overrated and doesn’t do as much as many people think, it’s just good at stopping some chip damage, for high damage hits it basically drains your shroud anyway and leaves you without skills you might need otherwise/messing with your rotation. Other than that necros pretty much only have dodges and positioning to rely on, CPC if it comes to projectiles.
Meanwhile mesmer for example can kitten blocks + distorts and even apply it to half of a raid squad + ridiculous dps increases thanks to perma quickness + alacrity, war has the same health bar while using a wep with inbuilt low cd evade and buffing his subgroup by ridiculous amounts with EA, PS and banners.
People are highly overrating the natural defense of a necro who isn’t running additional safety nets.

That being said, I’d gladly trade some of my HP/shroud for more dps or start paying with health for some of my skills instead.

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

Coconut.7082

Did you even bother checking?

Other professions / bosses are entirely possible as well.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

That’s bullkitten.
Most of those “solos” go highly defensive, options you would normally drop. Parasitic, Rise… all picks you should never take if you want to get the most dps.
Shroud is also highly overrated and doesn’t do as much as many people think, it’s just good at stopping some chip damage, for high damage hits it basically drains your shroud anyway and leaves you without skills you might need otherwise/messing with your rotation. Other than that necros pretty much only have dodges and positioning to rely on, CPC if it comes to projectiles.
Meanwhile mesmer for example can kitten blocks + distorts and even apply it to half of a raid squad + ridiculous dps increases thanks to perma quickness + alacrity, war has the same health bar while using a wep with inbuilt low cd evade and buffing his subgroup by ridiculous amounts with EA, PS and banners.
People are highly overrating the natural defense of a necro who isn’t running additional safety nets.

That being said, I’d gladly trade some of my HP/shroud for more dps or start paying with health for some of my skills instead.

what is bullkitten? that necro is quite tanky and has lower dps then other classes and if they would give him more dmg (doesn’t matter if power or condi), it would be unfair to other classes? because that is the case at the moment.

and yes, you take defensive options depending on the class and mode also on other classes…like shield + toolkit on engi when soloing certain stuff, nothing new.
also nothing new that you drop it in team content. but while dropping it, necro is still tanky as kitten and in case of a danger situation, a necro doesn’t need to bother at all if he runned out of all his options and needs to facetank, because shroud.
and yes, i know that you play so you do not mess up your rotation, but sometimes, just sometimes, kitten goes down and necro is the last class to struggle with it.

so, what did i say in simple words:

necro has higher surviveability then other classes.
necro has also lower dps then other classes.
because of no split in between gamemodes if you give him more dps while not messing with his defensive side it can be broken.
it can feel unfair to other classes, because “easy to play” “facetanking” “still doing big dmg in case of a dmg buff”

so, now that it its here again in simple words, where is the bullkitten?
don’t know why u started talking about mesmer, because mesmer has with this supportive build even less dmg, which is great, big dps increase to the group, support en masse, therefore low dmg.

and no, i am not saying that necro shouldn’t get any buff or teamsupport, but it still needs to be balanced arround his class mechanics. else it gets broken and then nerfed again (and be it from the side of pvp).

(edited by skarpak.8594)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I brought mesmer up because it’s easier to survive on them than it is on necro while they bring more to a group. Necro does bring neither good dps nor group support, which is just bad.
Also, you say “other classes can exhaust their evades/blocks/etc.” but necro can’t exhaust shroud? It’s the same concept, just in another way. Shroud when it comes to damage mitigation is basically a block that runs more on damage taken than duration.

Like I said, I don’t think necro should be ele-tier dps, but letting it have trash-tier dps and not many means of support, even less so unique ones is not acceptable. Same with blaming it on its “superior survivability”, which, again, is outclassed by other classes.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

That’s the thing, they don’t really. They have higher passive surviveability than other professions, but when you factor in active defenses necro doesn’t look all that good. Simply put look at old Lupi solos, it was easier to do with a Thief that died in one hit than with a necro because the thief could actually avoid every hit where the necro had to mitigate them with shrouds. I don’t think raids put that much pressure on active defenses in general but to say that necro has better surviveability than other professions just isn’t totally true. And, at the very least they don’t have an advantage worthy of the DPS disparity there is right now.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

That’s the thing, they don’t really. They have higher passive surviveability than other professions, but when you factor in active defenses necro doesn’t look all that good. Simply put look at old Lupi solos, it was easier to do with a Thief that died in one hit than with a necro because the thief could actually avoid every hit where the necro had to mitigate them with shrouds. I don’t think raids put that much pressure on active defenses in general but to say that necro has better surviveability than other professions just isn’t totally true. And, at the very least they don’t have an advantage worthy of the DPS disparity there is right now.

Yeah, necro is okay for surviving if you’re a newer player since the high hp pool lets you react slower to certain skills, but as you start to improve at raids necro has some of the worst survivability. No blocks, invulns, or evades, no extra endurance regeneration, no supplementary heal skills, and shroud is mediocre when you’re on low health because it stops you from being healed.

So sure you can stand in vg seekers or sloth flame breath an extra couple seconds like an idiot but those can be easily avoided anyway with a little practice. For the majority of players, even things like rev sword 4, engi bonus endurance regen, distortion, etc are way more useful defensively than the extra hp pool.

Linken.6345

Nice to see other classes beating vale guardian, no I dident check to answer the question.

Just throwing in that other bosses are entirely possible sounds abit fishy tho.

Since vg-escort are the so called “easy encounters” right?

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

they should just add more damage modifiers. I mean literally all they have to do is look at the dps numbers and calculate the difference. Then add the missing amount in the form of damage modifiers to the specializations. There are enough useless traits that they could change anyway.
E.g. -10 % from chilled foes becomes +10% against chilled foes.
Change the 10% against vulnerable foes with an axe to just 10% against vulnerable foes.
Revert back the curses minor to 2% damage per condition instead of the current 2% crit chance per condition.
It might still miss a couple of percentages to be on par with other dps builds, but its fine if it has a little less than a tempest since its baseline survivability in pve is a lot better.

Coconut.7082

Nice to see other classes beating vale guardian, no I dident check to answer the question.

Just throwing in that other bosses are entirely possible sounds abit fishy tho.

Since vg-escort are the so called “easy encounters” right?

It may only sound fishy to someone who is not familiar enough with the encounters & classes.

Personally, I did a 10 Reaper Trio & 8 Reaper (+1 Chrono for reflects +1 Engi because the 10th person couldn’t play Reaper) Matthias.
10 Specific class Slothasor was also done by some groups (I’m not going to look for videos again)
None of the other encounters require anything specific from a class, so in theory they are possible, and the DPS checks are very forgiving anyway so that wouldn’t be an issue.

VG might be the first boss of the raid, and his difficulty is definitely not comparable to Matthias (for example), but I wouldn’t call him very easy. While the fight itself is very forgiving, it is also a very mechanically heavy fight.

BTW, This has gone off topic, that post was about necro love, not raid hate, and there’s no reason to continue that way, please check facts before you post.

(edited by Coconut.7082)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

In order: DnT did 10 ranger vg(given the recent buffs to condi ranger the dps is easily high enough for any other boss); 10 engi hasn’t been done; 10 necro was done by [Ren] at sabetha, vg and slothasor; 10 warrior hasn’t been done but should be likewise doable based on buffs; 10 thief was vaguely attempted but lacked effort; 10 mesmer hasn’t been done but given the massive healing/defensive abilities of mesmers any fight lacking a hard enrage can be done; 10 rev hasn’t been done, but at least half the bosses should be doable; and eles because you didn’t mention them had a 10man done at gorseval(no updraft) as well as the 45-50min ones that were done by [SALT]

As an additional note on guards, matthias was also done by [Ren] + friends.

In order again: Narc has DnT videos, Dekeyz for Ren videos + gorseval, Teapot for SALT

Edit because the wrong person was quoted, kittening nested replies.