Noob Raid - Matthias

Noob Raid - Matthias

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Greetings everyone,

Today I found out that White Mantle weapons has been added, sadly not fulled weapon collection but atleast it’s something.
White Mantle is my favorite along with Ascalon, Ebonhawke etc.

Anyway, I was just checking around in my wardrobe skins for weapons and I found out the WM weapons. I literally died.
They’re so beautiful!

I tried to wiki on them, and it seems like the only way to get them is to do a Raid and defeat Matthias.

Now, I’ve returned to the game from a very long break and I have absolutely no idea what do to to be able to join in raids to get these fancy weapons.
I’ve asked some people who is standing outside of the Raid’ entrance what I need and they said I need specific runes/desp such as ‘’Tank Chronomancer’‘.
It’s really confusing and I have no idea what to do sadly.

Is there any other way to get White Mantle weapons?

I also found a runner who are Selling raids for prices, depends on the wings and bosses.
For Matthias run it cost 600g and I am wondering if it’s worth it or is it a scam?

Thank you.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum section, if it is any MODs can move it!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I’ve asked some people who is standing outside of the Raid’ entrance what I need and they said I need specific runes/desp such as ‘’Tank Chronomancer’‘.
It’s really confusing and I have no idea what to do sadly.

Here are guides for the first wing.
http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/raid-guides/

For Matthias run it cost 600g and I am wondering if it’s worth it or is it a scam?

Second Wing is new so prices may drop in the future.

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

DO NOT RUN MATTHIAS AT 600G!!!!!

If you’re willing to drop the gold then wait until it drops to around 150-200 AT THE MOST.

Also, as for raid guides if you are looking to optimize your character go here:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Raid

It may not be in your best interests to start out as a chronomancer tank. They are squishy and tanking requires a lot of responsibility and liability. I would suggest gearing out a condi or zerk dps. OR! You can be a chronomancer and not tank :P Or tank… It’s really up to you.

You may already know this, but optimally you’ll want ascended trinkets/weapons and at least exotic gear that is correct with the correct weapons/runes/stat types.

Accessories: Guild Missions
Amulet: WvW Vendor
Rings: Fractal Dailies

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

Seriously? 600g to get carried through part of a raid?
I guess that puts a few things about raids into perspective :-(

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

Seriously? 600g to get carried through part of a raid?
I guess that puts a few things about raids into perspective :-(

I’ve heard of groups 6 manning content in the first wing as well. I guess this balances out your perspective of raiding.

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I wouldn’t buy Matthias, he’s a new boss and anyone selling is going to be at a BIG premium. Also, there is a very good chance you won’t get any ascended pieces, much less the skin you’re looking for.

You can buy the White Mantle skins with Magnetite Shards, as well, which you get in Wing 1 and Wing 2. People are a lot more experienced with wing 1, and it should be easier to find groups for it. You can get Magnetite Shards from killing as well as just attempting bosses, up to a cap of 100 per week. (you can also trade in ascended chests from the raid and minis for more magnetite outside of this cap). This would be the strategy I’d go with. Just try to get groups to do wing 1 with to begin, get yourself used to raiding, and start piling up magnetite. It might take a while but with a bit of perseverence you can get that skin. Even if its repeatedly dying to bosses with bad pugs, you’ll still get a small handful of shards for the attempt, if you do half decent.

[EG] is recruiting!

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Wing 2 isn’t even out for a week and people already want to buy it? Really?

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Check out MetaBattle, check out raiding videos on youtube, choose some profession and role, get the gear, join training runs or find a guild. You can start from the second wing of the raid, or even join only for Mathias, but you will be most probably bad. So first join the first wing and get some kills from the bosses there.

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

He has to beat Matthias first before he can buy the weapons with shards. I think some of you are forgetting that. Buying a kill isn’t a bad idea.

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

He has to beat Matthias first before he can buy the weapons with shards. I think some of you are forgetting that. Buying a kill isn’t a bad idea.

Yes, but that still means he’ll have to raid on a frequent enough basis to afford the skin(s) he want; so at that point, he might as well gear up 2-3 classes and find a squad he can run with on a regular basis.

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It was more of a response to Mega Skeleton saying to farm shards on the easier bosses to get the rewards… Leaving out the fact that you need to actually unlock the rewards first.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Okay so I’m not 100% familiar with how GW2 raids work, but

In theory, could you buy the Matthias kill and then start doing Vale Guardian/Slothasor weekly, and get all of the White Mantle weapons through Magnemite Shards?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Noob Raid - Matthias

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Okay so I’m not 100% familiar with how GW2 raids work, but

In theory, could you buy the Matthias kill and then start doing Vale Guardian/Slothasor weekly, and get all of the White Mantle weapons through Magnemite Shards?

Yes, but you’ll have to wait minimum 6 weeks to accumulate enough magnetite shards. You could also learn the fight or PUG it in that time as well