Not for everyone? Well,kittengood bye

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Requiring 700 gold investment in armor to just start playing raid is just against everything arenanet based their game on.
Yea, I know, you only need ascended trinkets and weapons blabla… explain it to players for whom I am noob because I don’t have required stat combo.
I say, make ascended armors reforging cheap and time gated, and allow withdrawing runes for free, then I will have it and can finally show those kitten elitists that even people like me can easily take down these bosses if they let them in.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Requiring 700 gold investment in armor to just start playing raid is just against everything arenanet based their game on.

You don’t need ascended armor. Ascended armor is only 50 stats over exotic gear total, and this is not going to make or break any of the fights. The Ascended trinkets and weapon are important to get though.

Mortifer.2946

Again, explain it to the people out there….

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Make the effort to find like minded people ? You got lfg tool, map chats, countless guilds that you can contact via forum/reddit, external sites…

Mortifer.2946

my own guild doesn’t want me if I don’t have one of those supposed meta armors.. i don’t feel like trying anymore. Stupid 52 stat points… ArenaNet should never had introduce ascended.

Posted by: typographie.1742

typographie.1742

Your pug groups may be requiring it, but Arenanet doesn’t. As said above, you should probably have ascended trinkets, ideally ascended weapons, exotic armor of the proper stats and with the proper runes and sigils, and good consumables. I think it’s more than fair that the most challenging PvE content we have requires that much. If that isn’t yet doable for you, that should be your focus, rather than trying to raid.

But if you’ve got that stuff, then this thread is really more of a rant about the pugs you’re inexplicably trying to complete this content with. Find a guild, make some friends, raid with people you already know. You’ll have a way better experience.
Edit: if you already have a guild that you don’t like, find another. You can join five guilds.

Pugging is horrible in easy content, I shudder to think of trying to pug a raid. >.>

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Problem is, when someone is filling a raid, why should they take people without full ascended, when they can have people with full ascended?

That 5% more armor might be the difference needed between wipe and success.

As said, raids can theoretically be done with only exotics, but only with skilled players and good organization. So best bet would be to start your own fixed non ascended raid group.

(edited by saturn.4810)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There is no gear check to enter the raid. Anyone can enter. If you are having trouble then use LFG to start your own raid and find like minded people. Try something like:

LFM Raid, exotic gear only

I think it will take less than 10 minutes to find 9 other people.

saturn.4810

Ping exotic armor or kick xD

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If you’re trying to pub a raid, it’s natural that pub groups are going to take the strongest people they can find. It’s not mandatory for success, but players are free to make it mandatory for joining their groups. There’s nothing wrong with that.

What you should do instead of complaining about it on the forums to people who can do nothing to help you is look for a guild and prove that you’re worth a spot. It’s easier than it sounds, really.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Take the time you spend complaining on the forum and gather for 1 hour a day (more like 30 minutes if you know your spot) and you’ll have a set in 30 days, maybe having to spend 20-50 gold. I have over 12 ascended set (and over 30 weapons) and never bought any ascended mats,

we finally have something that require players to be a little dedicated and its the end of the world for you guys.

Also, we cleared the raid yesterday with a guy using some greens (masterwork), we tought he was kidding but no, he really had greens, pretty sure its doable with a full group in rares. (3 mins left on VG, 1:45 on gorseval, 1:56 on sabetha)

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

If your own guild doesnt take you… im really sorry to say but it seems to me you are in a terribad guild my friend….
I have just exotic set and exotic weapon..( full set and weapon from COF dugeon )
And i get many group invites daily on lfg… my guild even more…
Managed to kill vale already but not gorseval… but will do soon enough.. i am getting an asceded weapon but not because i was told to… but because i want to.. rest will remain exotic till i and noone else feels the need to change it… i am pretty sure all 3 bosses from the feedback i got can be done if you have ascended trinckets and at least the proper stat set… exotic is ok to so it…

Mortifer.2946

Yeah, I know.. I will start farming right after I chill from the last farm for birfrost… Can somebody please tell me what stat combo gives me the highest chance of being accepted in raid (guardian/DH)? Metabattle says cleric, but forum posters say other stats… I have 3 ascended boxes from PVP,fractals and bioluminescence collection, so I am half-way there. I just don’t like the concept…. I will choose stats and in the second wing they will ask for some different ones… Also, I think that the best possible set for me would be Zealot, but my God :/ that one is expensive as hell.

Mortifer.2946

If your own guild doesnt take you… im really sorry to say but it seems to me you are in a terribad guild my friend….
I have just exotic set and exotic weapon..( full set and weapon from COF dugeon )
Managed to kill vale already but not gorseval… but will do soon enough.. i am getting an asceded weapon but not because i was told to… but because i want to.. rest will remain exotic till i and noone else feels the need to change it… i am pretty sure all 3 bosses from the feedback i got can be done if you have ascended trinckets and at least the proper stat set… exotic is ok to so it…

Well it’s like this> I go on LFG, and state without lying this: LF raid – guard/DH full asc. soldier/trinkets swapable. Nobody invites me… then I say this in guild and I get kittenstorm of “soldier is not needed in raids”
I always ignored these comments in fractals and I could easily be the most important character in many pug groups with soldier stats as their supposed best possible gear and not very good skill made them downed a lot, and then I could tank a few hits while healing them. This is what tank in GW2 always meant for me. But not in raids obviously… you need just a few points more toughness than your colleagues – which basically means having toughness shoes and you are good to go – and otherwise, no vitality, yeah that one is for noobs, not for tanks. Healing? yeah but everybody is telling me how guardians suck at healing so, no no, that is also not the option. So heavy armour character that was created to protect allies ends up as a simple ranged DPS and all the glory is given to OP heralds and druids. Sad Sad Sad.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

my own guild doesn’t want me if I don’t have one of those supposed meta armors

Well, you can’t hold anet responsible for that. Maybe you should look for another guild.

Mortifer.2946

my own guild doesn’t want me if I don’t have one of those supposed meta armors

Well, you can’t hold anet responsible for that. Maybe you should look for another guild.

ArenaNet and their berseker meta and timers breeded this kind of people.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Just wait for the difficulty modes, no need to get worked up.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

ArenaNet and their berseker meta

The meta is not defined by anet. There will always be one gear most player consider best and that will be meta.

Mortifer.2946

Just wait for the difficulty modes, no need to get worked up.

true enough… see you in a year or two :-/ …nah, I will farm zealot insignias, ascended mace and shield and hammer and play as I am told to.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Okay, do something you don’t enjoy. That’ll show everyone.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

restatting gear costs like 60g you can do it in the mystic forge…..no need to buy another set.

Mortifer.2946

But….that’s what everybody wants from me. I was told guardians are worth kitten in healing or tanking, because now we have revenants… and that i should be glad if i get accepted into raid as a ranged DPS….
edit: I CAN tank, but I was told by people on forum and in game that I will always be inferior to revefarts.

Mortifer.2946

restatting gear costs like 60g you can do it in the mystic forge…..no need to buy another set.

Yeah, but what if I like my set because I use it for WvW and open world HoT maps?
/edit: i know, i will reforge it… for open world i will get exotic and WvW is empty anyway…

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Then don’t complain, you have no room to when you can restat for cheap.

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

You’re literally just looking for reasons to cry now.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

But….that’s what everybody wants from me. I was told guardians are worth kitten in healing or tanking, because now we have revenants… and that i should be glad if i get accepted into raid as a ranged DPS….
edit: I CAN tank, but I was told by people on forum and in game that I will always be inferior to revefarts.

People want Revenants as tanks? O_O
Well, that’s a new one for me…

Besides, I think Guardians/Dragonhunters are quite decent at tanking. Probably not as good as Chronomancers, but still, absolutely good enough to not get kicked. If your guild does that to you, you should probably find a new one.

saturn.4810

If you want to tank, then ascended armor would indeed be very helpful.

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

But not required either. I was tanking vale guard for a few nights on my chrono in exo zerker armor, until I was able to start getting together some commanders/givers stuff for boon duration. Still mostly exos.

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yeah, I know.. I will start farming right after I chill from the last farm for birfrost… Can somebody please tell me what stat combo gives me the highest chance of being accepted in raid (guardian/DH)? Metabattle says cleric, but forum posters say other stats… I have 3 ascended boxes from PVP,fractals and bioluminescence collection, so I am half-way there. I just don’t like the concept…. I will choose stats and in the second wing they will ask for some different ones… Also, I think that the best possible set for me would be Zealot, but my God :/ that one is expensive as hell.

Wow you have such terrible person in your guild Jesus. There is nothing on meta battle you know. Nothing at all. Anybody can go add a thing there. In theory the community would vote to know what is the meta and what isn’t, but almost nobody vote for those anyway so you end up with what 2-3 people think the meta should be.

It’s even worst with raid because for now nobody voted on anything. Those are only draft that random people did. There is not testing or discussion as what work, let alone work the best. So for at least a couple of months, Metabattle is complete garbade for raid, don’t even look at it lol.

We just don’t know yet was is best, and it usually change depending on the boss, with different guild/group having different solution to the problem.

For exemple, DnT used a Celestial Guardian as a Tank for the first boss, no guardian in the second boss and a Zerker Hammer DH for the last boss. We killed the first boss with a Soldier Armor, Zerker Trinket Guardian and we gonna test a Guardian with a mix of Magi, Cleric and Nomad for one of you next raid. I saw zerker DH dps in different group for all 3 bosses that ended in a kill.

Really, there is no meta at all. A bunch of stuff work great and we very very slowly stats to see what work good or not as we continue to see different video of killl and people start to share their build.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: IXIDOR.6278

IXIDOR.6278

If you didn’t manage to get ascended stuff (speaking of trinkets especially) since their introduction to the game (which was 2 months after release), you are a roleplaying casual in my opinion. Sorry but, it takes you like 1-2 weeks to get that stuff IF YOU ACTUALLY SPEND YOUR TIME WORKING TOWARDS IT INSTEAD OF AFKING IN DIVINITYS REACH OR CRYING ABOUT HOW HARD YOU THINK IT IS.
Sry Caps overkill, but as I already used that amount of caps, let me go on:
Don’t whine about it, JUST DOOO IT!

Autistic Roleplayers [rP] – www.tinyurl.com/VanHammesYT

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Problem is, when someone is filling a raid, why should they take people without full ascended, when they can have people with full ascended?

That 5% more armor might be the difference needed between wipe and success.

As said, raids can theoretically be done with only exotics, but only with skilled players and good organization. So best bet would be to start your own fixed non ascended raid group.

As the poster here pointed it out – the margin of error is very small.
Sometimes you’ll get the boss to 2-3-4-5% and fail. A few more people in ascended can push you past this point.

Another issue is why would you take a player that’s not full ascended when Raids are supposed to be aimed at very hardcore, very dedicated players.
You want that type of player in the raid because that’s the kind of player that will give you 100%, that will most likely play well and be a valuable teammate.

On the other hand – a player that doesn’t have full ascended 3 years into this game is a player that I’m not really happy to have in my group – because the lack of ascended already says something about him.
He might still be hardcore or dedicated enough – but the chances are low.

Most of the people you want to play with in Raids are already decked out with multiple ascended sets ready to go. It is in a sense a way of identifying valuable teammates and avoiding ones that have a higher chance to prove less valuable.

That way of approaching things might be cynical but with the way the content is tuned I don’t really see an alternative if you value your time and effort.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

Well it’s like this> I go on LFG, and state without lying this: LF raid – guard/DH full asc. soldier/trinkets swapable. Nobody invites me… then I say this in guild and I get kittenstorm of “soldier is not needed in raids”
I always ignored these comments in fractals and I could easily be the most important character in many pug groups with soldier stats as their supposed best possible gear and not very good skill made them downed a lot, and then I could tank a few hits while healing them. This is what tank in GW2 always meant for me. But not in raids obviously… you need just a few points more toughness than your colleagues – which basically means having toughness shoes and you are good to go – and otherwise, no vitality, yeah that one is for noobs, not for tanks. Healing? yeah but everybody is telling me how guardians suck at healing so, no no, that is also not the option. So heavy armour character that was created to protect allies ends up as a simple ranged DPS and all the glory is given to OP heralds and druids. Sad Sad Sad.

Let me break this down to you.

You want to play a certain way because you enjoy it and are used to it.

The way you play and enjoy the game shapes the type of player you are and the type of performance you can have in the game’s encounters.

Your type of player and performance is useless to people Raiding so obviously they don’t want to take you along because from their perspective you’re not valuable enough since an alternate player with a different( more Raid-oriented) play style is more valuable.

Your refusal to adapt and make yourself valuable to your potential Raid colleagues is the reason why you’re not getting picked to go in Raids.

Any good group will want to have the very best – I know that in theory it is possible to complete even with a sub-optimal setup but why take the chance when you can give yourself the best possible odds by using the best strats, the best gear and obviously people with that gear.

Harper.4173

And you probably will be – the point is that if you’re not the best at something why should people take you in their group when they obviously want the very best?

These are Raids – they are not hello kitty adventure dungeons. You want optimized set-ups unless you want to waste time and fail miserably.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you want to get somewhere in this game, to experience the higher end of content, you cannot play just 1 class (unless you have close guildies to carry you). Make sure to have a few classes at 80 and geared, thats how you get around, becuase the meta and class usefulness shifts as the wind every few months.
I dont see why someone would take a DH for DPS, healing or tanking (other than first boss), but that’s just cuz I like to min-max, but there are so many out there who are the same, and that’s okay, because people have several classes for each situation.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Qiraa.4130

Qiraa.4130

Thanks for your QQ and goodbye.

Qiraa Kasapi of UNTY, Aurora Glade

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

my own guild doesn’t want me if I don’t have one of those supposed meta armors.. i don’t feel like trying anymore. Stupid 52 stat points… ArenaNet should never had introduce ascended.

What supposed meta armors?

Your guild is full of baloney. Fill your other 4 guild slots with a guild that isn’t.

There is no meta for raids yet. Raids have been out for less than 2 weeks, the theory craft for raid builds is still in progress. People are still figuring out what works.

Mortifer.2946

If you didn’t manage to get ascended stuff (speaking of trinkets especially) since their introduction to the game (which was 2 months after release), you are a roleplaying casual in my opinion. Sorry but, it takes you like 1-2 weeks to get that stuff IF YOU ACTUALLY SPEND YOUR TIME WORKING TOWARDS IT INSTEAD OF AFKING IN DIVINITYS REACH OR CRYING ABOUT HOW HARD YOU THINK IT IS.
Sry Caps overkill, but as I already used that amount of caps, let me go on:
Don’t whine about it, JUST DOOO IT!

How much of my post did you read? 1 sentence? I have full bank of trinkets…I wasn’t talking about them.
Anyway, I only get responses from elitists who feel like they have to justify their gazilion of farmed hours, so I won’t continue in this conversation anymore.

Mortifer.2946

If you want to get somewhere in this game, to experience the higher end of content, you cannot play just 1 class (unless you have close guildies to carry you). Make sure to have a few classes at 80 and geared, thats how you get around, becuase the meta and class usefulness shifts as the wind every few months.
I dont see why someone would take a DH for DPS, healing or tanking (other than first boss), but that’s just cuz I like to min-max, but there are so many out there who are the same, and that’s okay, because people have several classes for each situation.

Thank you dear elitist for your input. I will quit my RL and start equipping all 9 characters so I can finally play. …your kind is what made this game so horrible…or the game became this horrible and attracted your kind? Hmmm

Harper.4173

Thank you dear elitist for your input. I will quit my RL and start equipping all 9 characters so I can finally play. …your kind is what made this game so horrible…or the game became this horrible and attracted your kind? Hmmm

You don’t understand – it’s not that we ‘elitist’ want to force you to play like you don’t want to.
We simply have a right to play with people we want to. We have a right to choose whom we associate with in game.
If you’re not part of a certain group of players that have everything they need for Raids – sorry – you won’t get picked in raids. Nothing personal.

What you do with your life and your game is entirely up to you – nobody is forcing you to do anything.
On the other hand – nobody is under obligation to play with you if they don’t want to have you on their team.

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

People want Revenants as tanks? O_O

I allready saw engis, mesmers, revs, guards, warriors and even rangers tanking valeguard. Problem?
PS: At the time we killed valeguard a rev was tanking…

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I think you should reserve your judgement as we dont really know each other, and one cant call me elitist based on what I said. Maybe I am enligthened, yes, that is the word.

You can raid with whatever equip you like, you just have to find likeminded as yourself. Then you’ll be a happy person. Whether that will get you past first boss and beyond one cant tell, but at least you got something to keep yourself busy.

From my perspective I like to raid with people who truly know how to play their class, can react to multiple things happening at once, and have the gear. Because based on past experiences with the opposite, one literally can waste hours into raids every evening, getting nowhere. And that is okay, as long as one accepts that players are different in every way, but also accept that we want different things. Why should I waste hours cuz someone didnt bring the right class, gear and the know-how, when it can be done faster with the “right guys”, so that I have more time with real life? At the same time I am also helping out people now and then in the guild that are struggling, or simply helping by donating gold/mats into guild treasury. We all must provide to the community we are in, in one way or another.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Jordan.5930

Jordan.5930

Well at least if you get ascended you can play. I keep getting kicked as a thief with full ascended gear because I’m “useless” and “outclassed”.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Maybe it has less to do with your armor and more to to with your build in general. I’d be willing to post a budget build for your class if you tell me what you play. I kinda think its not that your armor is exotic. Every pg group I ever been in only cares about Weapon, Runes, Trinkets, sigils, and food.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Thaddeus.4891

Don’t think you go a bit too far? Raids are a challenging content and push everybody to adapt their build to the need of the game. Why would you want to equip 9 character in ascended? You don’t need that. You just need 1, we only saying make it count. Try to find a role that is good for you and good for the raid so that everybody is happy. If that’s too much for you, find a group of 9 other people that want to raid with you. Other than that, there is not much we can do.

Pugs ain’t to blame here. Your guild on the other end is bad lol.

Thaddeus.4891

Well at least if you get ascended you can play. I keep getting kicked as a thief with full ascended gear because I’m “useless” and “outclassed”.

Ya, that’s just pug bullkitten tbh. Yesterday we killed Vale with 2 thiefs.

Warlord.9074

Yesterday my pug group killed VG with no voice coms.

Warlord.9074

BTW I wen’t into the OPs post history to see if I could figure it out. Apparently in another thread he said he runs full PTV in PVE. Or that he was proud to be full ascended PTV. Look no one wants PTV players in raids.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/balance/Zerker-nerf-is-not-enough/3931905

Yesterday, when I was doing some champs in Cursed Shore, I stumbled upon a champ at some old arena (for the first time in two years lol) and he was insta-downing everyone except me Having full ascended PTV set allowed me to survive with —-1-— HP left
It felt legendary B-)

Explains a lot.

(edited by Warlord.9074)