Ran 19, got nothing.
About to do a 49. Hope to get one.

What am i doing wrong?

Personal reward level is 19.

Not getting fractal bonus chest?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You can only get reward tiers that you have the personal level for. Your 29 gave you your 19 chest for your level, everything after you can’t get because you already got the chest for 11-20 tier, and you don’t have the reward level to get the 21+ tiers.

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

Since your personal reward level is 19, you will only get a daily chest for 1-10, and 1-20 (maximum of 2), every fractal that you do above 19 will count towards the level 19 daily chest.

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Ah okay, thanks.

GrandHaven.1052

Right so I did a 29 again today, got bonus chest.

Then did a 38 and got another bonus chest.

I am confused as to how this works….

Reward level 22 today.

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Your max number of chest depends on your personal level.
lvl 1-10 : no chest
lvl 11-20: one chest max
lvl 21-30 : two chest max

Beware though the bonus is counted when you enter the fractal. The day I turned 21 I only got one chest.

To trigger the chest you also have to complete a fractal of the tier. If you are personal lvl 22 and do a 15 and a 17 you’ll have one chest, not two.

That said, I’m not even sure I fully understand the system myself. Globally I think the system of FOTM from agony resistance requirements to tiers via bonus chests is one thing they could explain way better in game. It is impossible to really get it without the wiki page and even that source is not so clear.
Maybe the reshuffle coming with HoT will clarify the system and make it more straightforward to understand but the golem in the entrance should explain a bit more how it works…

GrandHaven.1052

Your max number of chest depends on your personal level.
lvl 1-10 : no chest
lvl 11-20: one chest max
lvl 21-30 : two chest max

Beware though the bonus is counted when you enter the fractal. The day I turned 21 I only got one chest.

To trigger the chest you also have to complete a fractal of the tier. If you are personal lvl 22 and do a 15 and a 17 you’ll have one chest, not two.

That said, I’m not even sure I fully understand the system myself. Globally I think the system of FOTM from agony resistance requirements to tiers via bonus chests is one thing they could explain way better in game. It is impossible to really get it without the wiki page and even that source is not so clear.
Maybe the reshuffle coming with HoT will clarify the system and make it more straightforward to understand but the golem in the entrance should explain a bit more how it works…

Thanks, makes more sense now !

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Basically how it works is you can’t skip reward tiers. So there’s a reward chest for:

1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50

So if your personal reward is 20, and you do a level 50 Fractal, you will gain the reward chest for 11-20 because that’s your highest reward tier. If you then go on to do a level 11 fractal you will get no reward because you already received your 11-20 chest when you completed the 50 fractal.

However lets continue and say you do a level 40 Fractal. You will gain no reward because you already gained a level 11-20 reward but now you’re personal reward 21 at the end. If you were to do a 21-30 Fractal you will gain a reward because your Personal reward is now in this tier as well and because you just got there you shouldn’t have gotten a reward for that tier yet.

(Example of this: Yesterday I was 39. I did a level 40 Fractal, got nothing because I already gained a reward for 31-40 but my personal reward was then 40. I then did another 40 Fractal and again got no reward chest. However now I was Personal Reward 41, hopped into a level 50 Fractal and got my 41-50 reward chest)

So basically there’s no point in doing higher level Fractals outside of your personal reward tiers. If you’re 21 now, best to stick to 21-30 fractals until you’re 31 and then start including the 31-40 bracket. That is unless you’re grinding Fractal ranks to unlock new brackets then do as high as you are reasonably capable of but grinding 50’s when you only need 20’s seems pretty inefficient.

I learned this lesson hard while working on grinding up towards level 50 for the Fractal Skins with HOT (I want them for my Revenant )

Kodiak X – Blackgate

(edited by Kodiak.3281)