Notes on legendary armor?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Q:

Going to be 1 year soon since the original hint of legendary armor, and 7 months since raids were introduced… So any notes and pics and stuff on this topic?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

We’ll likely get some information when they release information about Wing 3.

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Copyright 2018
All Rights Reserved

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

*Do we need to craft three sets (light/medium/heavy) or we will be able to move it between profession types (with the defense attribute changing)?
*How will the rune system work on the legendary armor?
*Will we get it implemented with the third raid wing or only the precursor?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

6th thread in this forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Notes-on-legendary-armor/

Watch out before you post! Ty.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Nafets.1238

6th thread in this forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Notes-on-legendary-armor/

So?

Vinceman.4572

What so? Look into that thread and you get an answer.

Nafets.1238

What so? Look into that thread and you get an answer.

There is no information regarding anything in that thread. Only speculations.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Really people still asking this kind of question? It was obviously clear when HoT was introduced that the legendary armor won’t come until the Wing 3 will be in-game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Vinceman.4572

Yeah, obviously! Because we don’t have any further informations about that and we will hear from Anet when it’s time.

Really people still asking this kind of question? It was obviously clear when HoT was introduced that the legendary armor won’t come until the Wing 3 will be in-game.

Nafets.1238

Yeah, obviously! Because we don’t have any further informations about that and we will hear from Anet when it’s time.

That’s why the forums are. So you could ask players and ANet some details that they might want to share. As for that quote, it doesn’t say anything, it’s obvious that the armor will come after wing 3; what has that to do with the questions in this topic?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It’s clear that legendary armor will be utterly disappointing in every way possible, which is why they don’t tell us until after wing 3 is out so that we keep grinding. /s

Honestly though, getting some info on looks and whatnot would be great because we’re basically working for something we don’t know about still, even though it’s just weekly raid clears for the most part.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There is no information regarding anything in that thread. Only speculations.

There is no information to be had at all about Envoy Armor insofar as what you’re asking, and no developer is going to post in this thread and show off everything to you. They won’t spoil it until wing 3 is closer, and they’re likely to give the details in a blog post when it does come.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

Is it wing 3 or raid 3 though? after all, the 2nd wing is still part of ‘envoy armor I : experimental armor’. Supposedly there will be a II and III to follow, possibly even an IV as with the fractal backpack.
From what I can tell it seems that the next wing will only make the first precursor-step obtainable, meaning it’ll probably be another 2 years or so before we get the full legendary. I may be misunderstanding things though.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Is it wing 3 or raid 3 though? after all, the 2nd wing is still part of ‘envoy armor I : experimental armor’. Supposedly there will be a II and III to follow, possibly even an IV as with the fractal backpack.
From what I can tell it seems that the next wing will only make the first precursor-step obtainable, meaning it’ll probably be another 2 years or so before we get the full legendary. I may be misunderstanding things though.

The precursor is what you get from completing the first collection. Legendary armor follows a theme with each raid, and considering this raid only has three wings, it will be available with the upcoming wing. The only other collection that I can see them doing is for the gift.

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

The precursor is what you get from completing the first collection. Legendary armor follows a theme with each raid, and considering this raid only has three wings, it will be available with the upcoming wing. The only other collection that I can see them doing is for the gift.

Thanks for clearing that up. This makes it seem a lot more approachable than I originally expected based on other legendary precursors coming in 3 or 4 steps.
Learning each raid boss is difficult enough when you don’t have a lot of time, so I’m glad I don’t need 9 or so wings per armor set.

Swagger.1459

Well, I never played an online game that promised a particular reward then made players wait a year for them.

Pretty disorganized overall and shows what level of resources are going to raids.

I know some of you like to make excuses for Anet, but stuff like this is not acceptable. Raids were obviously not ready or fully fleshed out. It shouldn’t take a year to bring this entire raid. There are other game companies knocking out more content and faster, yet here it’s 1 little piece at a time. It’s very clear raids were pushed out the door to have it as a selling feature.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, I never played an online game that promised a particular reward then made players wait a year for them.

Pretty disorganized overall and shows what level of resources are going to raids.

I know some of you like to make excuses for Anet, but stuff like this is not acceptable. Raids were obviously not ready or fully fleshed out. It shouldn’t take a year to bring this entire raid. There are other game companies knocking out more content and faster, yet here it’s 1 little piece at a time. It’s very clear raids were pushed out the door to have it as a selling feature.

Pacing/releasing content was always a weak point for ANet in GW2, we had so many droughts by now it’s ridiculous.
The worst thing is that we still don’t know how the armor will look like.

Swagger.1459

Pacing/releasing content was always a weak point for ANet in GW2, we had so many droughts by now it’s ridiculous.
The worst thing is that we still don’t know how the armor will look like.

It almost feels like a bad joke honestly.

Ayrilana.1396

I’m pretty sure that the raid was completed before the first wing was released if I am remembering correctly. They gave an explanation as to why it wasn’t released all at once.

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

Just throwing it out there. If you aren’t going to repeat story missions loads of times for all those achievements and subsequent mastery points – I HIGHLY DOUBT we’ll ever be able to get it.

Joy

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Just throwing it out there. If you aren’t going to repeat story missions loads of times for all those achievements and subsequent mastery points – I HIGHLY DOUBT we’ll ever be able to get it.

Joy

Huh, what does that have to do with anything?

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

What do you base this on? that would make this the shortest collection anet has done.
its only been drawn out buy waiting time.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What do you base this on? that would make this the shortest collection anet has done.

They’ll shove insane material costs down our throats, don’t worry.

Swagger.1459

They’ll shove insane material costs down our throats, don’t worry.

Yeah, we better be prepared to x6 all current legendary costs…

Ayrilana.1396

Backpack precursors are ascended. They’ve specfically stated that players will be able to craft the legendary armor once the final wing of the current raid is available. The gift specific to the armor would likely be a collection as all of the other HoT legendary items have followed that route.

Swagger.1459

Well it would be nice of them to give a list of what we will need so players can work toward that goal while they have waited a year…

The devs have clearly dropped the ball on raids and rewards. Never seen a game company handle things poorly like this.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Backpack precursors are ascended. They’ve specfically stated that players will be able to craft the legendary armor once the final wing of the current raid is available. The gift specific to the armor would likely be a collection as all of the other HoT legendary items have followed that route.

Were did they specifically state that we will get the legendary armour after the first raid? and there were 3 ascended stages to the legendary back item ad infinitum before you got the final item.

Ayrilana.1396

Were did they specifically state that we will get the legendary armour after the first raid?

I believe it was during one of the twitch interviews/presentations before HoT released. It’s probably the same one where they stated that legendary armor as a set would cost roughly the same as a legendary weapon.

and there were 3 ascended stages to the legendary back item ad infinitum before you got the final item.

The three stages to that back item were for the precursor. This still doesn’t refute what I stated in my post that:

The gift specific to the armor would likely be a collection as all of the other HoT legendary items have followed that route.