ONLY guard/warrior/ele (dungeons&fractals)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Allandir.6289

Allandir.6289

Dear ArenaNet…

This is… i can’t take a correct word for this. SERIOUSLY? This is end-game what You want to be? I have all, 80 lvl’s classes but when i want to do full run on my necro/ranger or 50 lvl fractal on my thief, ppl just KICKING ME from the party. Yeah, I REALLY like it, especially when ppl kicking me without any word.

I understand that I should accept it at play only zerk warrior/ele(and this awesome excalibur with Fiery Rush)/guard. <333 IT, I’M SERIOUS. I shouldn’t spent time on lvl’ing 5 others classes.

THX ppl for read my Q.Q.

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

You should get this thread moved to the game bugs section. Apparently your game doesn’t have an option to create your own party and invite like-minded people.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

why would anyone kick a thief .-. rangers I get though

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

imagine if you just made your own group.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Make your own LFG.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Either join a guild, or as others said, make your own group that says all professions welcome.

Posted by: Allandir.6289

Allandir.6289

Yes, of coures. I know that i can make my own group but don’t You think that sth like this destroying gameplay.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Sounds like the bigger problem is balance, not pugs vs guilds. How about mesmers?

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

lolwarriors
How cute

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: dustinharlin.8693

dustinharlin.8693

Yes, of coures. I know that i can make my own group but don’t You think that sth like this destroying gameplay.

No, not really. Not when its so easy to just make your own group and avoid this problem all together.

maha.7902

No, it isn’t. Make your own group and spend more time playing and less time complaining.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

People who autokick without so much as asking if you have another class, or about your build and what you could possibly offer the group probably aren’t the sort of people you want to run with. They might have done you a favor.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

It’s like this in every MMO. If something, the GW2-community have alot of helpful people who can assist you and would gladly play for fun. Try to find these people and you will enjoy your time.

If you are looking for rushing-runs with hardcore players and you await them to accept whatever class you are, then it won’t happen.

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Anyone who puts restrictions based on AP or armor type are looking to be carried, I would avoid those groups.

It just so happens all classes can compete in dungeons/fractals. Most pugs don’t understand WHY they even stack, or what the use of any class beside the ‘elite’ 4 are. (warrior, guardian, ele and thief)

Rangers, Necros, Engineers all have this horrible stigma, but they’re all very viable creating a smooth run. If you don’t care about speed runs, make your own group. If you’re going to play a class with a stigma, play it very well.

There is not much point in bringing more than 1 warrior, and 2 guardians is only useful if you seriously need THAT much reflection. If someone wants heavy-only then they’re looking for crutches.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

Posted by: Vakrir.4829

Vakrir.4829

Anyone who puts restrictions based on AP or armor type are looking to be carried, I would avoid those groups.

It just so happens all classes can compete in dungeons/fractals. Most pugs don’t understand WHY they even stack, or what the use of any class beside the ‘elite’ 4 are. (warrior, guardian, ele and thief)

Rangers, Necros, Engineers all have this horrible stigma, but they’re all very viable creating a smooth run. If you don’t care about speed runs, make your own group. If you’re going to play a class with a stigma, play it very well.

There is not much point in bringing more than 1 warrior, and 2 guardians is only useful if you seriously need THAT much reflection. If someone wants heavy-only then they’re looking for crutches.

You obviously do not know what you’re talking about.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Have you read much in the dungeon forum? (This thread really belongs there.) I’d say his argument is much more coherent than yours. I don’t think Engineer or Necro is ever optimal for dungeons (and Mesmer is somewhat limited) — but all these classes can work if you have an appropriate build and know how to use it.

A single Ranger is often part of speed clear teams (spotter and frost spirit); if you trait appropriately and use melee rather than ranged (and you can deal with 1h-sword’s quirks) then Ranger is a great class (and fun).

I have 80s of all classes; I mostly play Elementalist and Guard (AP over 16k) because I enjoy their gameplay, but I agree that PUGs imposing hard class or AP restrictions are generally looking for crutches — you’re better off with another PUG or a group you know.

Vakrir.4829

Have you read much in the dungeon forum? (This thread really belongs there.) I’d say his argument is much more coherent than yours. I don’t think Engineer or Necro is ever optimal for dungeons (and Mesmer is somewhat limited) — but all these classes can work if you have an appropriate build and know how to use it.

A single Ranger is often part of speed clear teams (spotter and frost spirit); if you trait appropriately and use melee rather than ranged (and you can deal with 1h-sword’s quirks) then Ranger is a great class (and fun).

I have 80s of all classes; I mostly play Elementalist and Guard (AP over 16k) because I enjoy their gameplay, but I agree that PUGs imposing hard class or AP restrictions are generally looking for crutches — you’re better off with another PUG or a group you know.

I’m sure you can deal with every class if you really wanted to. I’m just saying that with claims like “There is not much point in bringing more than 1 warrior” and “Anyone who puts restrictions based on AP or armor type are looking to be carried” and “Most pugs don’t understand WHY they even stack” and “Rangers, Necros, Engineers all have this horrible stigma, but they’re all very viable creating a smooth run.”, this person definitely does not know what they’re talking about.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I’m sure you can deal with every class if you really wanted to. I’m just saying that with claims like “There is not much point in bringing more than 1 warrior” and “Anyone who puts restrictions based on AP or armor type are looking to be carried” and “Most pugs don’t understand WHY they even stack” and “Rangers, Necros, Engineers all have this horrible stigma, but they’re all very viable creating a smooth run.”, this person definitely does not know what they’re talking about.

I bet you still think warriors have the best dps, don’t you?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think he honestly does.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Vakrir.4829

I think he honestly does.

They definitely do not. Why are we pinning speculations on me?

Sins.4782

Why, then, would you want to bring more than one warrior, when you could instead bring 1 (covering both banners and EA) and fill the rest of your slots with higher dps professions?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

You could not be more wrong.

Vakrir.4829

Why, then, would you want to bring more than one warrior, when you could instead bring 1 (covering both banners and EA) and fill the rest of your slots with higher dps professions?

So you can balance banners and ps/ea so you don’t have a useless 5th member that hits like a tissue paper. By all means, kick warriors and replace them with necros, you heard it here first.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Educate yourself to whatever the PuG meta is today. If you want to play a profession that isn’t part of it, make your own group. Better yet, always make your own group and stop depending on random people in an internet game to provide you with satisfaction.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

And when you consider the extra warrior could be replaced by an ele, or…

gasp

A thief!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Sins.4782

So you can balance banners and ps/ea so you don’t have a useless 5th member that hits like a tissue paper. By all means, kick warriors and replace them with necros, you heard it here first.

If your team is halfway decent you will have might stacking covered, and PS would only lower dps. It’s also not hard to find someone to carry your second banner. Not even guang thinks necromancers are good in dungeons, but you may be interested in seeing DnT’s fully buffed necro vs war dps comparison.

Posted by: Lioknight.8075

Lioknight.8075

but you see, people constantly wanting these three classes is a problem in itself..

Vakrir.4829

If your team is halfway decent you will have might stacking covered, and PS would only lower dps. It’s also not hard to find someone to carry your second banner. Not even guang thinks necromancers are good in dungeons, but you may be interested in seeing DnT’s fully buffed necro vs war dps comparison.

I’ve found might stacking in groups to be difficult without PS because most people can’t kill the target in less than whatever the might blast duration is, and then you end up with 0 might. PS guarantees you’re always at 25 stacks for the whole party, and is especially useful against trash when you’re not going to bother to might stack anyway. Also the second banner problem is bigger than you might think. Most people just don’t notice banners and forget, even if they plan on taking the other banner.

Necros are just plain not recommended, there are many better classes you can use. I would take literally any other class gladly over a necro.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

I didn’t make all those claims, but attempting to defend them:

(1) more than 1 warrior indicates you’re looking for people who can make mistakes and not be downed (high armor/health) — rather than max DPS; this is fine for PUGs, but I read this as clearly trying to compensate for skill

(2) “Anyone” is too strong, and perhaps “be carried” is as well — but in general those who put restrictions on who can join their PUG based on class or AP do so because they can’t get through without help and can’t provide much help for others in their party. Those who request DPS builds (and zerker gear) are a bit different, but AP restrictions (and sometimes class restrictions) seem at least partially to compensate for the party’s weaknesses.

(3) I do think most PUGs don’t understand why stacking is useful, and when it’s worth getting out of the stack. I know I sometimes make mistakes with the latter.

(4) A well played Ranger, Necro, or Engineer can definitely contribute to a smooth run. Not the fastest run, but a smooth run. (This is the one I feel most strongly about btw — the others I’ll grant you have a point, I just don’t think that it’s complete crack smoke to make the claims in question.)

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Oh wow, people want to farm with setups they are comfortable or confident playing with. This is big news, we need to inform CNN and MSNBC. That’s so much easier than listing groups for the alternate setups you would rather farm with.

rolls eyes

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

i understand the op even so i just run guard since a long time.

the point is that some classes underperform.

and that even he do his own group say everyone welcome he get all the weirdos with normad gear and bearbows.

anet must look into that and try

Im sry for necros everytime i see speedrun necro lfg and i join i see the weirdest signets on them 25% speed ranger and necros 10% dmg reduc guardians and signet full warrior with rifle. for a Ac run….

the only thing what really can fix ops problem is a guild or anet overwork some stuff

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

i understand the op even so i just run guard since a long time.

the point is that some classes underperform.

and that even he do his own group say everyone welcome he get all the weirdos with normad gear and bearbows.

anet must look into that and try

Im sry for necros everytime i see speedrun necro lfg and i join i see the weirdest signets on them 25% speed ranger and necros 10% dmg reduc guardians and signet full warrior with rifle. for a Ac run….

the only thing what really can fix ops problem is a guild or anet overwork some stuff

I must test this….

I think its more of a reading comprehension thing though because when it comes to the LFG, reading is OP and an exploit…

maha.7902

I’ve found might stacking in groups to be difficult without PS because most people can’t kill the target in less than whatever the might blast duration is, and then you end up with 0 might. PS guarantees you’re always at 25 stacks for the whole party, and is especially useful against trash when you’re not going to bother to might stack anyway. Also the second banner problem is bigger than you might think. Most people just don’t notice banners and forget, even if they plan on taking the other banner.

Necros are just plain not recommended, there are many better classes you ckittene. I would take literally any other class gladly over a necro.

S/d ele with strength runes can open a fight with like 6 blast finishers, use LH until they run out of conjure charges then restack it again and take out their second LH. With persisting flames you would be giving fury as well and there would be no need to run a low DPS phalanx strength build, you could just have a regular dps warrior spamming FGJ off cooldown and dropping both banners in the fire field. Just because you play with bad groups doesn’t mean more than one warrior is suddenly good, it just makes a group a bit more idiot proof.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Was there some update in the game I missed that means people actually require skill to beat the dungeons now? Did they bring back the GW1 team?!

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Was there some update in the game I missed that means people actually require skill to beat the dungeons now? Did they bring back the GW1 team?!

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Well Rangers are generally bad as they use bows and don’t use frost spirit and spotter (pugs) or even good ones offer little in fractals compared to eles for example, necros are just bad and as for thief I got no idea, thieves are great in fractals. But yeah in general pug’s think guard/war/ele are the only classes which contribute effectively, it’s not true so don’t beat yourself up about it

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Well the best way to avoid this, and I guess some people already mentioned it, is to join a guild.

In my guild, we dont care that much about what ppl gonne play. Ok, mostly we run the standard stuff and we flame everyone who wanne play something different, but at least, as I said, we dont care if someone joins with an engi or ranger. Ok, depending on the dungeon. ^^

But necro, yeah, there is absolutely no reason to take a necro in a dungeon.

(edited by Thorwyn.8469)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Except they are awesome.
Expoecially in fractal they are extremeley valuable IF skilled, way more than a warrior.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Because this setup is just the easiest way to play this game.

Majority of players will always migrate to the easiest ways of playing possible. Just look at zerging, stacking, following every guide they ckittene. MMO problem.

But I can agree that it’s way more visible in GW2 than in other MMOs I’ve played.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Except they are awesome.
Expoecially in fractal they are extremeley valuable IF skilled, way more than a warrior.

lol

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Except they are awesome.

lol

^

Necro is a “must have” (no… not really but we will use the phrase for hyperbole) for Maw, though. Lel.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

maha.7902

or you just take a warrior with a rifle with sigil of leeching
or mesmer w/duelists

ok maybe not mesmer

ahahahahahaha

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Sigil of leeching is strong. But dark fields and icebow is stronger.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

why would anyone kick a thief .-. rangers I get though

Back in the ye old days, I hated thieves more than necros when I pugged. Pug thieves always ran the follow 3 builds: condition d/d, duo pistol or shortbow camping. It was so bad that I had to research the class because I thought to myself there is no way a class is that terrible, so I researched it, actually found out they were pretty OP, started to play it more and eventually thief became my main. But anyways I am sure most pug thieves today still fall under that catagory.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Vakrir.4829

Necros are just plain not recommended, there are many better classes you ckittene. I would take literally any other class gladly over a necro.

S/d ele with strength runes can open a fight with like 6 blast finishers, use LH until they run out of conjure charges then restack it again and take out their second LH. With persisting flames you would be giving fury as well and there would be no need to run a low DPS phalanx strength build, you could just have a regular dps warrior spamming FGJ off cooldown and dropping both banners in the fire field. Just because you play with bad groups doesn’t mean more than one warrior is suddenly good, it just makes a group a bit more idiot proof.

Idiot proof is fine. My usual groups don’t go for top times or anything, but we try to get through the content as quickly as possible while not making it a chore. If that means less work for an ele in exchange for killing a boss 1-2 seconds slower, I’m completely fine with that.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

The truth is that in the current PvE meta, some professions simply bring more value to a group.
Necromancers bring nothing but single target DPS, while their DPS is actually respectable their lack of a cleave on their auto-attack puts them down even in this department.
Rangers bring decent party wide DPS boosts, but their need to rely on a pet that spends most of it’s time dead to dish out decent DPS makes them undesirable as well.
Engineers are a wild card and an underrated profession, their main issue being the fact that everything they do, expect vulnerability stacking, another profession does better.
Don’t ask me why a pick-up group wouldn’t want a mesmer especially for fractals now that a lot of projectiles are not reflectable, I guess this could be attributed to the lack of good players playing the profession in the pick-up scene.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

FGS needs to be nerfed. No more skill 4 against the wall. I can’t believe Arenanet dares to troll us with fake fixes for Fiery Greatsword. It makes them look very unprofessional.

Also stacking needs to go. Make NPC’s smarter. Mark T-B34RC3 works as intended, great fight, copy/paste to other bosses.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

When Running with LIlith, at least in high level fractals. I have to run my necro…. my other fractal runner is Charr….

Upsetting Madam Liliths fashion sensibilities is not desirable….

thats my story and i am sticking to it.

(( truth, I have all my AR on trinkets so i run whatever needs running. based on group comp.))

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Also stacking needs to go. Make NPC’s smarter. Mark T-B34RC3 works as intended, great fight, copy/paste to other bosses.

Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. Enjoying it more than 90% of the other bosses. But if you feel like you have a different opinion on this fight feel free to share it instead of mocking me.