Obtaining Fractal Encryption Keys

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DirtDowney.5187

DirtDowney.5187

Is it just me or is it weird that you get so many Fractal Encryptions and so few Fractal Encryption Keys from any scale of Fractal? Buying a single Key costs a minimum of 20 silver (as matrixes cost more than 20 silver on TP) and this dramatically reduces the amount of profit which can be made from a single box, unless you get one of the drops worth more than 20-30 silver each.

Am I just unlucky with the amount of keys I get or do other people find this as well?

Also are there any ways to get large numbers of Keys (same amount as the number of Encryptions you get), without having to purchase them?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

It’s to prevent the game from hard farming like the old COF path 1 farm. Some people still hard farm fractal 40, but it’s hardly the same. I prefer it this way, I can move onto other content after my daily. World bosses, dungeons, raids, WvW sometimes maybe. I don’t feel like I’m losing tons of money for not camping one content.

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

You get a fairly large number of keys from the daily chests. When I do the daily T4’s, I generally get around as many keys as I do encryptions, even when doing them as all 91+ fractals. It has become uncommon that I have to purchase keys anymore.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

You get a fairly large number of keys from the daily chests. When I do the daily T4’s, I generally get around as many keys as I do encryptions, even when doing them as all 91+ fractals. It has become uncommon that I have to purchase keys anymore.

Since the fractal chests were changed, I’ve also found myself with more than enough keys from the dailies. In fact, the key-encryption balance is reversed now, usually after a T4 run I’ve got more keys than encryptions.

Anyway, even if you did buy your keys, the rng usually means you’re earning gold rather than losing it.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Guess I’m having horrible RNG then (oh, the breaking news… not.). Since they invented those encryptions I tried to get along with only the keys I got as rewards (and bought some for matrices back when you could get 2 keys for 1 matrix). Still I’m sitting on a ~ 6:1 boxes:keys ratio, so…

Anyway, even if you did buy your keys, the rng usually means you’re earning gold rather than losing it.

… I decided to spend half of the gold we now get for our daily to buy 5 keys everyday.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

In my experience, the recommended dailies pull the encryption:key ratio out of whack. Just doing the 3 tier 4 fractals will give you a guaranteed 12 keys, which is usually enough or at least nearly enough to open all the encryptions I find.

The 2 recommended daily chests give you extra encryptions instead of extra keys. Throw in the encryptions you get from the big end-of-fractal chests for those levels, and those 2 fractals dump a lot of extra encryptions on you.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

That may explain my situation… since the patch, I’ve only done the T4 dailies and none of the recommended dailies.