Obtaining Fractal Weapon Skins

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

So at long last I finally got a fractal weapon skin! Imagine my excitment when I saw on the reward screen a weapon skin…until I realized it was a pistal…a freaking pistol! I don’t have a single character that uses a pistol nor do I want to make one. Can’t sell it, can’t do anything (that I want to do) with it.

I would like to see a ticketing system where you get some sort of fractal relic that you can turn in for the weapon skin of your choice.

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

at least it’s not a.. torch

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Took me forever to get a skin. I had already completed the fractal frequenter achievement before I got my first one. So far Ive received the short bow and great sword.

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

I have 6 fractal skins that i worked hard for (so many runs!). My guild mate got a precusor in one run.

I have made 0 gold, he has made 600 gold from the drop of a decent skin.

There is no reason to not have fractal skins on sale, and they would be about 50 – 100 gold i reckon.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I have 6 fractal skins that i worked hard for (so many runs!). My guild mate got a precusor in one run.

There is no reason to not have fractal skins on sale, and they would be about 50 – 100 gold i reckon.

Your guild mate is just very lucky. A poor comparison unfortunately. This happens every where not just in fractals. I played in the karka event when Southsun first opened to us and at the end when we opened the big chest all I received was a bunch of rares and a karka accessory. Granted everyone got the accessory, one of my guild mates received Dusk. 0.o They will never put fractal skins up for sale. You have to put in the time and effort for them. It just sux that your time could be a lot longer then mine. Pure luck.

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Yea, 200+ fractal runs of 28 lvl to 40 lvl – 1 Warhorn skin! “I am so glad to have 1 warhorn skin per 200 fractal runs”. Y u Anet not making it harder ? I mean, for every 500th frac run – skin of another frikin WARHORN OR TORCH.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I’ve gotten a trident skin. At least I can use it… that sucks, OP!

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I have gotten about 10 total, some multiple ones.

Axe, Trident, GS, Torch, Pistol, comes to mind…

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

there is a reason. it is a status symbol currently, and you would take that all away and reduce them to below legendary status if they could be bought(I’d think skins like sword/greatsword would easily go for 300g tho). what they could do is introduce another skin set dropping similarly(tho maybe less drops on low lvls) and have them sellable. would be a good way to make l48 fractals give more loot than… sanctum sprint rofl

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

lol i’d like to see it happening…
I’d bet they would be under 10G in less than a week and possibly become stable at 2-3G.

Too many people have bank tabs full of them……

p.S. the torch is awesome :| the GS is awful.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I don’t know that I would want the sold, I was just ranting that the skin I got after running fractals since they came out was a skin I can not use on any character that I have or want to make.

Ideally (for me) I’d like to see a ticketing system where I could trade in the ticket or relic for the skin I want. This would retain the prestige of fractal weapons and let me get the skin I want after months and months of running fractals.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Salvaged my Shield and Harpoon Gun, 3 Ectos each. One shall not complain!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Frontier.2536

Frontier.2536

That drop rate is sooo random. I am around 300 fractals and got the following: Greatsword x2, one handed sword, focus, pistol, long bow, short bow, harpoon gun, torch. Starting to run out of space in bank :-D

pullnointer.1476

lol i’d like to see it happening…
I’d bet they would be under 10G in less than a week and possibly become stable at 2-3G.

Too many people have bank tabs full of them……

p.S. the torch is awesome :| the GS is awful.

rofl no. a huge market would open for them and unlike world boss chests, not everyone capable of standing still and spamming autoattack could get one. the gs would never go below 50g. have you seen the prices rare dungeon specific skins had in gw1?

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Wish I can sell or trade buddy. I got 30~ fotm skins or more. I can’t tell you how many times my buddies got the skin I wanted and the skin they already have 4 extras.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Sounds like another 100 runs to go!

funfunfunfunfFunFUNFUNFUN FUN FUN O_O

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

So far i have gotten a dagger, a trident, a sword and guess what.. yesterday, i got ANOTHER TRIDENT…

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Maybe they plan to do something about it when they redesign dungeon rewards. I’d imagine something along the lines of X0 prestine relics

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Got 17 fractal weps and still no staff. Months of spamming stupid fractals and it never drops for me but got bunch of weapons i can’t use on my characters

Attachments:

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

pullnointer.1476

Maybe they plan to do something about it when they redesign dungeon rewards. I’d imagine something along the lines of X0 prestine relics

do you not think through what you are saying? pristines get awarded the most for running lvl10 repeatedly, this would completely devalue the skins…..

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The only value they hold is rarity which people are complaining about

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

The only value they hold is rarity which people are complaining about

Most complaints aren’t about rarity, they’re about getting an entire bank tab of ones they’ll never use and still not getting one of the few they would.

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Nah, be proud of getting some skins … i did 300+ fracs, 100+ fracs at 36+, now i am at 44 a all i got is a Warhorn … so in another 300+ fracs maybe ill got trident. WHAT A FUN RNG.

Posted by: lettu.7920

lettu.7920

I got 4 skins in total and 3 of them were got in row.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us!

Nuka Cola.8520

those looking for skins, don’t even bother doing any other levels but 48. At lower levels all you get is rings. I did a 48 yesterday after like a week of not doing fotm and got another fractal hammer

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

those looking for skins, don’t even bother doing any other levels but 48. At lower levels all you get is rings. I did a 48 yesterday after like a week of not doing fotm and got another fractal hammer

That couldn’t be further from the truth actually, from what I’ve seen 38 has just as much chance for a skin as 48 does. Over months and months of experience.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A few days ago I got one of the Fractal weapon skins for the first time (I didn’t even know about them to be honest). It was the Fractal Staff, the only weapon I would have actually wanted anyway. I couldn’t believe my luck. Now it is my favorite new weapon.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

That couldn’t be further from the truth actually, from what I’ve seen 38 has just as much chance for a skin as 48 does. Over months and months of experience.

Something could however be said for leaving fotm for a week and then returning to do a 48 run.. I usually don’t get jack if I spam it back to back. If I then drop it and then come back after a week or so.. Surprise surprise fractal skin. May just be random luck or some sort of DR.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I’ve gotten my 5 skins (rifle, trident, hammer, greatsword, staff) all between 35 and 45.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Me with mate go fractals together everyday. He got 6 fractal weapons in a row, i got nothing … well good for him, but Anet, wtf? Your RNG is so bad … srsly … someday it will make me to quit this game. 45 Personal reward 300+ fractals run – 1 frac. warhorn -_- …

Nuka Cola.8520

I got a fractal GS at my first level 20 when fotm was released, 3 dailies later i got another fractal weapon in daily 20’s. You will get fractal weps on other levels but gl even coming close to the amount you get at 48 and i say this by experience, not tell you what some random dude told me.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I got a fractal GS at my first level 20 when fotm was released, 3 dailies later i got another fractal weapon in daily 20’s. You will get fractal weps on other levels but gl even coming close to the amount you get at 48 and i say this by experience, not tell you what some random dude told me.

It’s not just me though, I’ve witnessed it with everyone I regularly do Fractals with. 48 really is no better than 38 for skin chances. 20+ clearly has a lower chance. I’d rather believe first hand evidence than some random dude…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

It’s not just me though, I’ve witnessed it with everyone I regularly do Fractals with. 48 really is no better than 38 for skin chances. 20+ clearly has a lower chance. I’d rather believe first hand evidence than some random dude…

It still comes down to RNG, although I get lucky on both 30+ and 40+, I get most of them on 30+. Not sure about 20+ though, since I don’t really run it that often.

[HC]

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Got 17 fractal weps and still no staff. Months of spamming stupid fractals and it never drops for me but got bunch of weapons i can’t use on my characters

Wish I can trade you a few of mine. Not shown, but I got 2 daggers, 2 warhorns, 1 shortbow, 2 fractal axes, and 1 scepter being used on another toon. I believe the drop rate was much better at FoTM 60 than 48 before they disabled it. Every daily we ran for 60 daily, at least 2 members of the 5 had one drop for them.

Attachments:

Nuka Cola.8520

Wish I can trade you a few of mine. Not shown, but I got 2 daggers, 2 warhorns, 1 shortbow, 2 fractal axes, and 1 scepter being used on another toon. I believe the drop rate was much better at FoTM 60 than 48 before they disabled it. Every daily we ran for 60 daily, at least 2 members of the 5 had one drop for them.

yeah i missed that. back when you could do over lev50 all i was doing is lev20 and 30 dailies.

pullnointer.1476

there is a reddit thread with statistics that says otherwise.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

there is a reddit thread with statistics that says otherwise.

and i need the link but i never been able to find it if you have it please.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Link w/ spreadsheet
1) That thread is 3 mos old and anet has made some changes on fractal drops to correct something in lower level (if I recall correctly)
2) Sample size is small at level 40s to be conclusive (Would be tough to gather a larger sample size for level 40s)

My definite conclusion on this subject is only Anet knows what their programmed rate is and whether it’s buggy or not. Believe in what Anet’ saying is another issue.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

guardians love the fractal torch

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Nuka Cola.8520

guardians love the fractal torch

rangers too, i want one

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

or a under water weapon…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer