Offensive infusion slots are useless

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mOOnRaBBiT.8913

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

^
yes refund because it will be fair for everybody, oh you just want the fix with no refund because it benefits you right?

a fix and a refund benefits everybody.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Hey folks!

Here’s the update. I talked with folks about the discrepancy between the defensive Simple Infusion and Versatile Simple Infusion cost differences and application, and we all came to the conclusion that a more fair vendor solution is the following:
-Remove the Simple Infusion for defensive slots from the vendor (currently costs 75 tokens)
-Lower the cost of the Versatile Simple Infusion to 75 tokens (from 225).

Since the versatile can fill both the defensive/offensive slots, we found this to be the least confusing resolution to the problem. There won’t be any refunds (to my knowledge) to the people who bought the Versatile Simple Infusion for 225 tokens.

Well some good news, when will this be implemented? I was saving up for offensive slot but guess now I’ll wait, though the +5 resistance I need would be nice.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

thanks robert for the reply. i’m hoping the update will take place on the 14th along with the wintersday patch?

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

^
yes refund because it will be fair for everybody, oh you just want the fix with no refund because it benefits you right?

Nope, I got 2 crappy offensive rings that have no use in my build and I put the 225 tokens in them regardless. I don’t care about a refund, with the amount of fractals people are running, tokens are not a big issue. It was simply an oversight that there was no 75 token infusion for offensive slots and this fixes that oversight.

That’s all this topic was about, don’t go making it about whining that you spent a bunch of tokens and now you want them back because what you bought is being reduced in price.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

^

Nope, I got 2 crappy offensive rings that have no use in my build and I put the 225 tokens in them regardless. I don’t care about a refund, with the amount of fractals people are running, tokens are not a big issue. It was simply an oversight that there was no 75 token infusion for offensive slots and this fixes that oversight.

That’s all this topic was about, don’t go making it about whining that you spent a bunch of tokens and now you want them back because what you bought is being reduced in price.

oh God, look at my post again, is that looks like whining to you?

like I’ve said I have see it as part of RNG before, I got 2 rings and a fractal capacitor that’s offensive slot. I’ve view it as an RNG and decide to myself that I have nothing to complain about the versatile’s cost.

LOL, if token is not an issue then why are people complaining and ANet making changes about versatile’s price?

(edited by mOOnRaBBiT.8913)

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Because it was an oversight and didn’t make sense? I already said this…

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

^

This has been debated to death since MMOs have been around. I specifically remember a late-2002 discussion in EQ with basically the same premise. Players will always feel that they deserve complete retroactive refunds if people in the future are able to get stuff cheaper than they did. What this ignores is the value players got out of the items/skills/etc for the duration of having them before the new people got them cheaper. What you got out of those 150 tokens was the exclusive rights to have those stats/agony resist before the people that are just now buying it.

It is like buying a new car in 2012, and then demanding a refund when someone buys the 2012 model in 2014 for cheaper than you did. The additional cost was already repaid in the value of having that car for two years when it was new.

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

Because it was an oversight and didn’t make sense? I already said this…

“I have been viewing it as RNG, if you got a ring with defensive slot then you are very lucky, if you got a ring with offensive slot then you are lucky but not very, if you got no ring then you’re unlucky.”

and again I’m not complaining, I’m hoping, there’s a different.

It is like buying a new car in 2012, and then demanding a refund when someone buys the 2012 model in 2014 for cheaper than you did. The additional cost was already repaid in the value of having that car for two years when it was new.

in the previous MMO I’ve played, the company handling it release an item with a high price then for less or just 1 month, release it in 1/3 or 1/4 of the original price. the time between the price change, if it’s small, it’s not cool.

if a car manufacturer release brand new a car model and you bought it, then after a month they release it with price 1/3 of the original, then you know that you have just been screwed. it’s cool if the duration you are saying is long, but if it’s short then you know that you just been screwed. that was our major complain back then at the previous MMO that I’ve played.

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

150 fractals is not a large amount, and nice to know this is being fixed to make sense. Thanks Robert =)

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

yeah 150 is not that much, now that probably have made you wonder why people complain about versatile price if that’s what you think.

btw maintaining versatile’s price and removing the simple infusion from the vendor makes sense also, since 150 is a small amount. right?

but I guess people prefer it cheap, so carry on ANet.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

150 is not small if you already bought 3-4x

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You have already known since AMA that lowering of at least some prices is being considered. Not sure why are you surprised now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Hey folks!

Here’s the update. I talked with folks about the discrepancy between the defensive Simple Infusion and Versatile Simple Infusion cost differences and application, and we all came to the conclusion that a more fair vendor solution is the following:
-Remove the Simple Infusion for defensive slots from the vendor (currently costs 75 tokens)
-Lower the cost of the Versatile Simple Infusion to 75 tokens (from 225).

Since the versatile can fill both the defensive/offensive slots, we found this to be the least confusing resolution to the problem. There won’t be any refunds (to my knowledge) to the people who bought the Versatile Simple Infusion for 225 tokens.

I see. And tell us now, are you gonna fix the crafted infusion too lowering it to an acceptable level, when someone decide to craft defensive ( or offensive) only infusion and versatile counterpart? Because i doubt if you keep the actual mat difference, someone would craft + 5 +5 infusions at all, just buying a 75 token one instead.
Example?
Malign Infusion (offensive slot)

1 Eldritch Scroll, 20 Mystic Coin, 250 Passion Fruits, 100 Powerful Venom Sacs

Versatile Malign Infusion (both offensive and defensive slots)

2 Eldritch Scroll , 50 Mystic Coin ,100 Passion Flowers, 250 Powerful Venom Sac

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: StepasEU.3487

StepasEU.3487

What’s wrong with people wanting refund? Take it as a price drop. If I pre-order new game for 50$ and it will fall down to 30$ in two months, can I request refund too? That’s just… I can’t find the right word. Whine, whine as much as you can.
Thanks for the update, ANet.

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Oh christ the fainess squad are here again!

I dont think it’s ‘fair’ that some people have a precursor and i don’t – i dont think its fair that some people have the ascended back slot items and i dont – i dont think its fair that some people bought gems early and i now have to pay 5x the price they did 0 i don’t think its fair some people have legendaries and others dont.

Will you fairness brigade get a chuffing grip and stop whining. They solve and issue for you and you create them a backlog by asking for refunds that will NEVER happen – Great idea lads, make Anet waste their time on shutting all you whingers up instead of fixing the other bugs still in game.

I’m behind Anet on this one, lost shores was different all together – but you’re moaning about a measly 150 relics – jesus guys you earn more than that trying to grind for your 2 rings!

Good job Arena Net, keep it up and ignore the whiners.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Oh christ the fainess squad are here again!

I dont think it’s ‘fair’ that some people have a precursor and i don’t – i dont think its fair that some people have the ascended back slot items and i dont – i dont think its fair that some people bought gems early and i now have to pay 5x the price they did 0 i don’t think its fair some people have legendaries and others dont.

Will you fairness brigade get a chuffing grip and stop whining. They solve and issue for you and you create them a backlog by asking for refunds that will NEVER happen – Great idea lads, make Anet waste their time on shutting all you whingers up instead of fixing the other bugs still in game.

I’m behind Anet on this one, lost shores was different all together – but you’re moaning about a measly 150 relics – jesus guys you earn more than that trying to grind for your 2 rings!

When you order things from Amazon and a month later they go on sale, Amazon gives money back right? Everything in life should give me my money back when it gets cheaper. Hell I have an old car and it depreciated but I bought it years ago new, where the hell is my check for the difference? People are buying it today super cheap and THATS NOT FAIR!

/s

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

I totally agree with you, i bought Fifa 12 on release day and now its in the bargain bin!
No refund for me, how unfair is life.

Fair fair fair fair fair, shut up.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Thanks for the resolution Robert.

To the whiners about refunds, prices change on the TP every day and people don’t expect a refund. At least they are putting a fix in fairly early, things change in MMOs all the time, you can’t expect them to run a script to analyze millions of accounts and then mail out tokens just because you lost 150 or 300 tokens, and then do it everytime they want to change prices in the future as well.

Deal with it.

And yes, I have already spent 225 on a versatile, who cares, tokens are easy to get.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Meh, early adopters take the risk. No refunds.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Awesome news, Rob! Thanks for the update; try to get it into the Wintersday patch if you can!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

if a car manufacturer release brand new a car model and you bought it, then after a month they release it with price 1/3 of the original, then you know that you have just been screwed. it’s cool if the duration you are saying is long, but if it’s short then you know that you just been screwed. that was our major complain back then at the previous MMO that I’ve played.

On the contrary, most things in a consumer market drop in price significantly shortly after release. Waiting a month or two to purchase something will usually insure you a lower price….especially in the tech industry.

Honestly, I don’t care if they give refunds but it set a dangerous precedence that they will have to continue doing so upon fixing prices or whatever else they feel like changing in the future.

I prefer a more ‘buyer beware’ kind of system, honestly. You just have to be aware that rushing to obtain something quickly can occasionally result in wasted resources. On the other hand, getting the jump on things can also sometimes yield profitable results so this, as every coin does, has two sides to it, no?

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

As someone who bought the high end it doesn’t matter to me. Fractal tokens are easy to come by.

Thankfully it is being changed though.

Posted by: AresOnasis.4703

AresOnasis.4703

Don’t issue a refund. It’s called the early adopter price… Don’t cave in to the entitled mentality.

And yes, I did buy one at the “inflated” price. Stop whining.

Your faith is your weakness.

Posted by: Miseris.7498

Miseris.7498

It’s insanity that Robert Hrouda has to spot a random forum post on the subject before it gets changed.

Where is the QA, where is the system to bring this sort of thing to your attention without needing a forum post from the community weeks after it’s already live?
And this isn’t even the first forum post about the Simple vs Versatile infusion.

Get a Public Beta Environment going already so you can get proper testing!
World of Warcraft has one, League of Legends has one, everybody has one but us!

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

Honestly, I don’t care if they give refunds but it set a dangerous precedence that they will have to continue doing so upon fixing prices or whatever else they feel like changing in the future.

actually I don’t care if they give refund or not also, I’m just playing along because of the irony people post here.

Like this post, which is kinda ironic, because the thread consist of people complaining and whining about versatile price and ANet not ignoring and actually changing the price maybe because people whine about it. LOL

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I think there is a difference between something that seems like an oversight…

Such as a missing type of item sold by a merchant.

&

“Well I already bought the other item for full price. Can I be discounted?”

Honestly, they have been pretty good with compensating players for things that they probably didn’t need to compensate them for. So many the merchant will offer exchanges or something. But I wouldn’t look forward to it. Personally I didn’t buy either of the infusions, because of all the devs talk about updating FotM content. I don’t mind waiting for the updates, and if it came to a point where I needed to buy one of the infusions, I would not ask for a refund later as I bought it out of necessity.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

I got an other question. I am currently at FoM lvl 40+ and agony resistance is useless at this point. I have 30 resistance and all the bags I need. What do I do with my 3k fractal relics? They are taking alot of space in my bank xD

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I got an other question. I am currently at FoM lvl 40+ and agony resistance is useless at this point. I have 30 resistance and all the bags I need. What do I do with my 3k fractal relics? They are taking alot of space in my bank xD

Spend them on skillpoints and become rich(er)

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

It’s insanity that Robert Hrouda has to spot a random forum post on the subject before it gets changed.

Where is the QA, where is the system to bring this sort of thing to your attention without needing a forum post from the community weeks after it’s already live?
And this isn’t even the first forum post about the Simple vs Versatile infusion.

Get a Public Beta Environment going already so you can get proper testing!
World of Warcraft has one, League of Legends has one, everybody has one but us!

Hey ,we are testers, didn’t you see “beta tester” near your name? Ah no wait, it’s live, we are paid customers..

Still waiting an answer about a change of crafted infusions and if it’s planned, considering they realize the senseless of it between merch and crafted resources needed, when patched

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I’m pretty upset about the offensive infusion I bought as well but consider it a lesson.

When the next wave of ascended/vertical progression comes out, you can rest easy with the knowledge that the following patch the requirements for it will be drastically reduced.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.