Oh you 'elite' players you..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

So was doing CoF P1 with some randoms and was trying some different builds for my Warrior. This build was mostly glass cannon, so I was a little squishy. My crits were very nice! (This is after being given a hard time that I was not doing enough DPS for Cof P1. Do people use stop watches for these runs?) Anyhow, I downed a few times, not dead, just downed and rallied. The leader says “Go down one more time and I kick you.” Sure enough I go down where you need to guard the 5 flame things. I had 6 on me. Kicked. Ugh.

A little while later, I re-build a little more tankier. Go back in Cof P1, join with a different group of randoms. One guy noticed I’m laying out Battle Standard and Banner of Tactics banners and says “I’m kicking you for those banners. This is no place for healers like you” Kicked.

Man… We were still get it done around the 10 min mark.

What has this game come to?

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Well, banner of tactics isn’t great for cof but it doesn’t really warrant a kick as cof is quite easy and you can spare a utility on one warrior for a crappy banner. But it seems you’re joining speedrun groups and the pugs in those groups tend to be a bit over confident about their own abilities. That said, people want efficiency in those runs and a 10 minute cof path 1 is far from efficient. This is something that happens in every mmo seeing as alot of people want to maximize efficiency in their runs and not just say “well this is good enough”. I’d recommend searching for a group that doesn’t have the word “farm/speedrun/$$$” in it or just make your own group and state that it will be a casual run.

[DnT]

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Cof P1 should, at worst be around 8 minutes with a speed run group, the record being around 4:55 minutes or something like that.

If you don’t want to run with ‘elite’ players, don’t join speed clear groups, because they are looking for people who know how to maximize DPS.

That being said, there are a few parts where downing happens, so in the first instance the guy overreacted it seems. That also being said though, downing is (usually) a result of not knowing or being capable of dodging, so in order to run a full dps build you have to be on the ball with dodges.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

idk… I guess asking for a different slot skill is too much for those puggies to handle. Probably a good thing that you didn’t end up spending too much time with those.

As for squishiness, you might want to equip endure pain over frenzy from time to time and take it off when you find that you can handle the dungeon without them.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

So was doing CoF P1 with some randoms and was trying some different builds for my Warrior. This build was mostly glass cannon, so I was a little squishy. My crits were very nice! (This is after being given a hard time that I was not doing enough DPS for Cof P1. Do people use stop watches for these runs?) Anyhow, I downed a few times, not dead, just downed and rallied. The leader says “Go down one more time and I kick you.” Sure enough I go down where you need to guard the 5 flame things. I had 6 on me. Kicked. Ugh.

A little while later, I re-build a little more tankier. Go back in Cof P1, join with a different group of randoms. One guy noticed I’m laying out Battle Standard and Banner of Tactics banners and says “I’m kicking you for those banners. This is no place for healers like you” Kicked.

Learn the encounters and don’t use banner of tactics. Blam, speed groups want you.

What I did before running COE and COF on my mesmer is youtube DnT’s runthroughs of cof p1 and coe p1 so that I had a clear idea of what to do, and THEN i joined a party for the dungeons. Went mostly fine, it just took me a few times to get the timing of feedback on the effigy right.

And a 10min cof p1 speed run is unacceptable for speed groups.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Reaper.1695

I really haven’t been a pure speed group yet. Hell, most of the groups I’ve been with didn’t even have a Mesmer. LOL. Good thing I’m good with the rolling stones part. So a 10 min run is not bad is you ask me. I’ll try the suggestions listed above. Thanks.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I think the issue, insofar as not being able to spam one dungeon over and over again in record time is an issue, is that it can on occasion be hard to find middle ground between the absurd people who kick for banner of tactics and the horribad groups who want to try out their new healing power ranger and “High DPS” engineer, or the party of sub-1000 AP fresh 80s who would like to be carried through getting tokens for their signet warr, never dodge, and look around for a guardian to blame for not popping virtues.

I don’t get a lot of kitten from the speedrunners because I use a mesmer and many of the pro-warrs don’t stress too much about mesmers as long as the portals and the pulls flow smoothly. But they’re still unpleasant to be around.

Posted by: Sugoi Travis.2651

Sugoi Travis.2651

So a 10 min run is not bad is you ask me.

He was directly referring to a speed run group i.e. 4 warr/1 mes, full zerk and fully traited in dps. Within these circumstances, a 10 minute run is quite bad. However, for a casual speed run, depending on the party make up, a 10 minute run is rather acceptable.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

So a 10 min run is not bad is you ask me.

He was directly referring to a speed run group i.e. 4 warr/1 mes, full zerk and fully traited in dps. Within these circumstances, a 10 minute run is quite bad. However, for a casual speed run, depending on the party make up, a 10 minute run is rather acceptable.

It really is a matter of expectations, and finding groups that have the bar set at a level similar to your own.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

So was doing CoF P1 …

stopped reading right here

why don’t you have a guild to do this with??

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Anyone doing CoF p1 isn’t elite. Please stop using that word. They’re a bunch of nubblets who do the same stuff over and over and because of that they think they’re ‘good’.

And I keep telling people: don’t do pugs hmkay, pugs are bad.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I like to show “elitists” just as much respect and tolerance as they show other players. If they kick me for something stupid, I block them then tell everyone in friends and everyone in the guild to also block them. Seriously, their prejudice needs to end.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

colesy.8490

Define “something stupid”.

If it’s you not contributing your full share, then you’re just immature.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I like to show “elitists” just as much respect and tolerance as they show other players. If they kick me for something stupid, I block them then tell everyone in friends and everyone in the guild to also block them. Seriously, their prejudice needs to end.

Players enjoy playing the game in different ways. I’m not usually one for speed clears either, but you gotta respect people’s group adverts and such, and not join those who are looking for a very specific type of player.

It is a shame that certain players feel the need to be so rude though, but eh, such is life in an MMO. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Players enjoy playing the game in different ways. I’m not usually one for speed clears either, but you gotta respect people’s group adverts and such, and not join those who are looking for a very specific type of player.

It is a shame that certain players feel the need to be so rude though, but eh, such is life in an MMO. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

There’s two problems with that:

#1: These players enjoy the game by dumping on other players and being as self-entitled and selfish as possible.
#2: These players don’t advertise that they are looking for specific types of players or are doing speed runs. They just form these things, grab a few PUG players to fill their gaps, then QQ about how those PUGs aren’t playing exactly how they wanted them to.

If someone makes a post on LFG saying “CoF p1 Speed LF1M Zerk Mesmer Plz”, of course I don’t join up. But when someone says something “LF1M TA F-F” in Lions Arch, then kicks players because someone got left behind watching a cutscene while everyone else ran forward without saying a word, then that person ends up on my block list even if it wasn’t me they kicked. Heck, there’s even a thread on the dungeon forum where someone was kicked from the party because they assumed the mesmer was using the wrong elite when he really wasn’t.

Although rare, that kind of crap happens often enough that people take notice. So when it happens, I respond with just as much understanding as they give: utter blacklisting.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Anyone doing CoF p1 isn’t elite. Please stop using that word. They’re a bunch of nubblets who do the same stuff over and over and because of that they think they’re ‘good’.

Yes, that’s why they do it. It isn’t because most of the endgame in gw2 is farming for legendarys/expensive gear and farming cof p1 is a consistent money maker regardless of DR, it’s because they think they’re ‘good’.

[DnT]

Reaper.1695

So was doing CoF P1 …

My guild of 15 bailed after the Nov15 patch. Been looking at Guilds, but just can’t seem to pick one. Another subject for another time.

Here’s another one. Last night guy decides this Engi had to go, this is after the first battle on Path 1. He actually typed “The Engi has to go” I said no, let him play. So BAM he’s gone. Whats he do? Lets in another Engi. Lol. Anyway, we still finished and he complained the whole way through; to slow, not enough DPS from everyone, bla bla bla. He was a Ranger BTW.

Anyhow, it’s all in fun. I’m fine tuning my Warrior, making money and getting the job done. Crits are in the upper 8000’s on 100Blades. Not sure how high they can go with a proper setup. I still have a ‘poor man’s’ lvl80 exotic amour and weapons set. This is why I’m running this path. I needs the monies.

P.S.: Note that I use the word Elite with quotes around them.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Stay out of the dungeons farmers like, and you won’t face attitudes like this.

That’s basically CoF p1 and 2. Some paths of CoE, Arah path 3, and higher levels of Fractals.

Most of the rest of the game is just fine.

What I notice when I end up in a farmer dungeon, is that it is usually the people who are faceplanted that complain the most about everyone ELSE…

(Had to do them all to get Dungeon Master. That done, I can now avoid those people.)

PS: Why is the conjugation of ‘it’ and ‘is’ a banned word?

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So was doing CoF P1 …

My guild of 15 bailed after the Nov15 patch. Been looking at Guilds, but just can’t seem to pick one. Another subject for another time.

Here’s another one. Last night guy decides this Engi had to go, this is after the first battle on Path 1. He actually typed “The Engi has to go” I said no, let him play. So BAM he’s gone. Whats he do? Lets in another Engi. Lol. Anyway, we still finished and he complained the whole way through; to slow, not enough DPS from everyone, bla bla bla. He was a Ranger BTW.

Anyhow, it’s all in fun. I’m fine tuning my Warrior, making money and getting the job done. Crits are in the upper 8000’s on 100Blades. Not sure how high they can go with a proper setup. I still have a ‘poor man’s’ lvl80 exotic amour and weapons set. This is why I’m running this path. I needs the monies.

P.S.: Note that I use the word Elite with quotes around them.

Thanks for reading.

50K+ with the right team and setup.

This is an idiotic blanket statement. Just because there are lot of bad players in CoF doesn’t mean everyone that plays CoF is bad. There are bad (or just inexperienced) players in every dungeon in the game.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I enjoy this the most. TELL THE WORLD ABOUT ME MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

CoF P1 and elite players don’t really mix, just simple players..

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

PS: Why is the conjugation of ‘it’ and ‘is’ a banned word?

It’s only when there’s a word ending with “t” in front of it xD

colesy.8490

CoF P1 and elite players don’t really mix, just simple players..

CoF is actually quite easy to slip up on. Getting knocked down at acolytes w/o stun breaker is a death sentence, getting the slave driver invincible can also make your party drop too.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Don’t join “zerk pls, gogogo $$$$$$$ no nubs, GG we gona lose” groups. Also, try not to get downed a few times, seriously, i’m not a pro player or something, hell, i’m very far from this, but it’s very rare to go down on CoF P1.

Reaper.1695

50K+ with the right team and setup.

Mother of God! Ok. Have many roads to travel then…

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Whisper me in game some time when you want to do a run or 2. My family and I run it and we don’t use “warriors and guardians only.” Last run we did path 1 and 2 in 25min.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)