One word said many ways. (English) Why? (Japanese) ?????? (Spanish) ¿Por qué? (German) warum? (chinese traditional)?????

One word said many ways. (English) Why? (Japanese) ?????? (Spanish) ¿Por qué? (German) warum? (chinese traditional)?????

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Deadly Spikestriker.1692

Deadly Spikestriker.1692

Now that I have your attention I would like to state a few things that might help your game to be more player friendly. I honestly think story mode dungeons should not break your armor. I understand people did the farm on them and such. so make them harder(as you’ve already done) but don’t have the armor get broken. People will not want to help guildies with such a repair bill at the end of it all. Or they’ll ask themself how much will it cost me to help this person. Dont get me wrong I believe Explorable Mode should definitely have your armor break since it’s technically Hard Mode in this game and since your guildies or friends that are leveling won’t be doing explorable it’ll only make sense to make the story mode unable to break armors in my opinion. I’d like to get some feedback from other players and see what they think of this idea.

Posted by: Zefram.8945

Zefram.8945

I understand youre concerns. And i agree that the repair costs are quite a drag.
But i don’t think it’s a good idea to “not get punished” in any “failing” action you do in this game, specially when it is something like dungeons – no matter what difficulty they are.

But yes, i would really like to see a repairsystem more like having kind of durability points on the items (90/90 – 15/50…etc) where the durability points get diminished for each death. It’s really strange that everytime you die something breaks completly.
It is such a big impact to loose only one item that you are forced to repair immediatly.

With a durability point system it would be way more easy to say…“OK. Darn, i have to take care now because propably the next time i die my [item] will break and i loose [itemstats]”. In this way i could plan to risk a loss, or choose a safer path to avoid the repairs for that time.

Truth is the average of all points of view.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

You get your repair bills paid by the dungeon run.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

Everytime you die in any PvE activity (Yes, WvW is PvE activity), your armor gets damaged.

You better be happy that just by hitting someone/something the durability of your armor/weapons doesnt decrease because thats how it actually should be.

Your complain is totally absurd and not even worth anyones time.

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Its funny that they (A-Net) stated many times you should not be punished for dying, because death in it self is a punishment. I’ve seen nothing of this back in the actual game. Armor repairs are a huge money sink and so are waypoints (teleport after defeated).

I’d rather they lower the dungeon rewards and removde the hassle of repairing armor then haveing to play X silver for my armor repairs and getting a higher amound of silver at the end.

DKP.4196

People need to understand the concept of a money sink before they post these comments regarding repair bills. You get more back from the dungeon in terms of silver and copper every time you complete a dungeon. Even after you repair all your gear.

If your not getting more, then you die too much and need to get better at dodging.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Looria.8019

Its funny that they (A-Net) stated many times you should not be punished for dying, because death in it self is a punishment. I’ve seen nothing of this back in the actual game. Armor repairs are a huge money sink and so are waypoints (teleport after defeated).

I’d rather they lower the dungeon rewards and removde the hassle of repairing armor then haveing to play X silver for my armor repairs and getting a higher amound of silver at the end.

Do you understand the whole games economy?
I dont think so.

Repairs are in game for a reason. And how much do you pay for repair is for a reason as well. How much do you pay for waypoints also.

Every normal player gets more money out of the dungeon than he has to spend on repairs.

And if you dont like paying for waypoints, you can always get to your target location on feet.

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

Your title makes no sense.. Anyway, I think the current repair system works exactly how they wanted it to. It doesn’t hurt you if you are just out playing the game, taking hits but never dying. But, if you are running into fights that you cannot handle, they make you take a moment to stop and throw away your money in the hopes that you will rethink what you are doing, because it is wrong. If you are dying too often you are doing it wrong and need to reassess how you are playing.

RaZaC.1963

Do you understand the whole games economy?
I dont think so.

Repairs are in game for a reason. And how much do you pay for repair is for a reason as well. How much do you pay for waypoints also.

Every normal player gets more money out of the dungeon than he has to spend on repairs.

And if you dont like paying for waypoints, you can always get to your target location on feet.

Sorry, but i dont see the need of these methods as the right way to implement money-sinks, and if you respond to my comment please make it a complete one.

I’ll give you a link to the article regarding the original post by GW2 (now removed).
News article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/08/guild-wars-2-cutting-back-on-healers-death-penalties.aspx
Related GW2 article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/healing-death/

Oke apparently they changed there mindset in this whole penalty system somewhere, they now do debuff you and besides that the teleporting to waypoints is relatively expensive. And they added the armor repair system.

I fully understand the system of money-sinks, i’ve played many mmo’s in my life and know they are needed. I would just have liked to see GW2 innovate in this more, they could have come up with more creative money-sinks.

DKP.4196

The debuffs have always been there, the armour repairs dont cost much. I die on average 1-3x per dungeon? I get downed probably 5-20x depending on the day, but a flimsy 11s repair cost for everything destroyed is nothing compared to the 30-50s you get from each dungeon run.

Why bother taking away the repair cost, people will just die on purpose, corpse run, bot, etc. The list continues.

Not A Message.

RaZaC.1963

The debuffs have always been there, the armour repairs dont cost much. I die on average 1-3x per dungeon? I get downed probably 5-20x depending on the day, but a flimsy 11s repair cost for everything destroyed is nothing compared to the 30-50s you get from each dungeon run.

Why bother taking away the repair cost, people will just die on purpose, corpse run, bot, etc. The list continues.

I dont mind he buffs, but in my expirience so far (maybe i just die more) its to costly. Especially if i’m leveling in one area and i want to go to dungeon it’ll cost ~2 silver to get there and then when i’m done i want to go back where i was another ~2 silver. For me thats to much = 5% of my money (80 silver).

But i see the problems that could occur when removing these penalty’s. I’d just like to see A-Net come up with new innovative way’s of solving them

Looria.8019

As I said. If waypoint cost is too high for you, there is always other choice. You can get there by running there.

DKP.4196

As a player, all I can say is. You need to get better at investing your money. If you only have 80s, and you are tping somewhere for 2s and you die a lot. I can only suggest, to not tp away after 1 dungeon run, but stay there for an extra or 2. Finish all the paths, or perhaps walk to the dungeon.

Not A Message.

Looria.8019

Isnt this with every type of transport our there?
You dont have enough money for the buss? Well you need to get there on foot.

It takes longer but you dont have to pay for it.

Its all about priorities. You wonna get there faster? pay for it. You dont mind it will take a while to get there but it will save you money? its up to you.

Posted by: Deadly Spikestriker.1692

Deadly Spikestriker.1692

yea the title didnt come out the way it was when i first wrote it since it just added the question marks after the japanese one. in any case. the only 2 dungeons you come at a loss really is the 30 and 40 dungs. its not that you die too much its bc those 2 dungs have unavoidable encounters. sure if you are 30 yourself you come out with profit. but if you are lvl 80 and are trying to help someone your repairs will come out higher then the actual cost of doing the dung itself

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Wow, I’m not getting anywhere close to 30-50 silver on runs. Granted I’ve only done the lvl 30 and 40 storybook mode dungeons, and I’m lucky if I break about even. So far dungeons are more of a money sink for anyone helping lower level members get through a dungeon.

The consensus seems to be among officers is that many dungeons are not fun and they are HUGE money sinks for level 80s. In other words, helping out fellow guild members cost time and gold. Keep in mind many lower level members who go through the dungeons don’t have runes, great armor, and they are still learning the game, so the teams will definitely die more then once or twice! Aka the huge money sink problem.

In GW 1 our members and officers loved dungeons and we did them all the time in NM and HM. Now I hear, “I hate, hate, hate this dungeon!”, “I never want to do that one again! Ever!” This is often the first dungeons people are doing. :/ Seriously, this is a problem. As one member said, who did his first run through AC, “This is the first time since I started playing GW 2 that I’m not having any fun.”

Many players are sending a message about the flaws in the dungeons and telling them they just need to play better doesn’t help. *You should never leave a dungeon poorer then when you went in, even if you are a crappy player. Period*

DKP.4196

Wow, I’m not getting anywhere close to 30-50 silver on runs. Granted I’ve only done the lvl 30 and 40 storybook mode dungeons, and I’m lucky if I break about even. So far dungeons are more of a money sink for anyone helping lower level members get through a dungeon.

The consensus seems to be among officers is that many dungeons are not fun and they are HUGE money sinks for level 80s. In other words, helping out fellow guild members cost time and gold. Keep in mind many lower level members who go through the dungeons don’t have runes, great armor, and they are still learning the game, so the teams will definitely die more then once or twice! Aka the huge money sink problem.

In GW 1 our members and officers loved dungeons and we did them all the time in NM and HM. Now I hear, “I hate, hate, hate this dungeon!”, “I never want to do that one again! Ever!” This is often the first dungeons people are doing. :/ Seriously, this is a problem. As one member said, who did his first run through AC, “This is the first time since I started playing GW 2 that I’m not having any fun.”

Many players are sending a message about the flaws in the dungeons and telling them they just need to play better doesn’t help. *You should never leave a dungeon poorer then when you went in, even if you are a crappy player. Period*

I forgot to mention im Lvl 80 so I might get better loot. Im not sure. I have 0 magic find, I dont bother with it. Might have the odd 1-2 percent though not sure not interested.

Your probably in a very grumpy Guild, or the guild members you go to Dungeons are grumpy or not very good with the new Dungeons. Might just be a very conservative guild which came from GW1.

On the other hand, I have yet to hear people rage about a specific dungeon in my guild I’m in. Sure, the occasional, “I hate those flowers in TA they are annoying!” does appear from time to time, but we all just laugh it off I suppose.

If you die a lot in dungeons, consider changing your builds, and also use consumbles. It helps and earns you silver at the end of the day.

Not A Message.

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

I forgot to mention im Lvl 80 so I might get better loot. Im not sure. I have 0 magic find, I dont bother with it. Might have the odd 1-2 percent though not sure not interested.

Your probably in a very grumpy Guild, or the guild members you go to Dungeons are grumpy or not very good with the new Dungeons. Might just be a very conservative guild which came from GW1.

On the other hand, I have yet to hear people rage about a specific dungeon in my guild I’m in. Sure, the occasional, “I hate those flowers in TA they are annoying!” does appear from time to time, but we all just laugh it off I suppose.

If you die a lot in dungeons, consider changing your builds, and also use consumbles. It helps and earns you silver at the end of the day.

Yeah, not a lot of help my friend. My guild is not “grumpy”. The message many of us are trying to tell Anet is, GW 1 dungeons >> FUN! FUN! FUN! , GW 2 dungeons. NOT so FUN!

What is the purpose of a game? I’m certain the Anet team wants people to have fun in all areas of the game, even in the harder parts. The problem is many of us are not having a lot of fun in the dungeons.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I wasn’t a big fan of GW1 dungeons. Learn the enemy skills, faceroll with heroes—it works almost everywhere with no effort (I made it to Kanaxai with just myself and 7 heroes, but firepower was lacking being down 4, so i left and returned adding my wife and kids, plus a hero). Seldom did I ever change from my standard team setup. Don’t get me wrong, I played the dungeons a lot and it was some good content, but after the initial learning curve, they were too easy to hold my attention.

GW2 dugneons have a lower margin of error, and a lot of people have trouble adjusting to this. The GW1 dungeons were difficult when they first launched, but as people learned how to best handle the challenges (key point here) and shared that information with others, the difficulty disappeared. The first time I made it to Urgoz took over 3 hours and featured 3 well-coordinated MMO veterans. I can not only make it to Urgoz, but beat him in under an hour in the company of my wife and kids using far less synergy, now that I know the dungeon. I fully expect I will find GW2 dungeons boring in a few months when more people figure out the tricks to use in each area—and at this time the “too hard” crowd will likely be content. Welcome to being a content pioneer.

Time is money. If you have time, you can save money. If you want things fast, it will cost you. This is the explanation for waypoint costs, and I think it holds its ground well.

Conversely, money is the reward for your time. The better your time is spent, the more you earn. Ideally, when you complete a dungeon, the reward will be based on your performance—a flawless run should obviously be worth more than a messy one. The problem with this is that if you defer the reward penalty to the end, at the first sign of trouble, people will leave because they know they will be docked upon completing it. Therefore, you suffer the penalty to your reward up front—in the form of repair costs—to give people the drive to complete the dungeon.

A lot of vocal people love the dungeons, and a lot of vocal people hate them. They are what they are, and if you don’t like that, then do not play them. This sends a stronger message than a “this game is broken” thread ever did and is more likely to result in the development of content that you will play—the old dungeons will still be there because many poeple love them, but you might get something new.

Also, there is a suggestion thread, where suggestions with descriptive names are given due attention. Here, it is just a rant.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]