Only +5AR from amulets. Intended?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

Q:

During the weekend many of the players got their first ascended amulets. Much to my dismay there is no currently available MF recipe to inherently infuse the amulet, which would add a total of 10AR.

I’m somewhat hesitant to use my mighty infusion on the amulet in case they are going to add the MF recipe that we know rings and backpieces have. I see Mr. Hrouda started posting and suppose that devs are back from the weekend holidays. I would really like a Hrouda to comment on this one just to make sure if this is intended or an oversight.

Thanks in advance! In this case, knowledge literally means power.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

You couldn’t upgrade them at the forge?

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Niila Nuppunen.9875

Nope. Amulet doesn’t even appear on the list of “possible items” at mystic forge.

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I was a little shocked by this as well. As soon as those of us that have been hammering the dailies were able to get their amulet, a ton of threads on this popped up.

December 26th patch, perhaps?

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

kinda glad i held off then
so it takes this wvw reward (accessories?) to do 50?

Niila Nuppunen.9875

It has nothing to do with wvw rewards.

As of now backpiece gives 10AR, ringsx2 give 20 and the amulet gives 5 for a total of 35AR. This makes 40+ levels impossible to do without specific ressing techniques. If the amulet gave 10ar consistenly with the other ascended items we would be able to progress through 40-49. In all cases 50+ has been made impossible to do for now.

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

I would hold off on using your mighty infusion since the infused versions are in the GW2DB: http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/amulets?filter-item-rarity=8
So you WILL be able to upgrade them, only question is when.

Niila Nuppunen.9875

I would hold off on using your mighty infusion since the infused versions are in the GW2DB: http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/amulets?filter-item-rarity=8
So you WILL be able to upgrade them, only question is when.

Wow, nice find indeed! Maybe I will use versatile infusion for now.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Just throw the cheapo +5 AR into it for now.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

You don’t even survive Maw agony on 48 with 35 AR.
Level 50 Maw agony hits for WAY higher than that (about 180k per tick), so no, you can’t do 50 until Anet nerf the damage.

Posted by: benda.4893

benda.4893

Level 50 Maw agony hits for WAY higher than that (about 180k per tick), so no, you can’t do 50 until Anet nerf the damage.

They are more likely to implement ascended accessory’s than nerf the damage

Estriella Faerie.4029

Given the actual rate of resistance AR gives (agony deals -6% of your base health every 5AR), we’d need about 970 AR to resist the damage on lvl 50 Maw. So it’s obvious they’ll nerf it when they want us to do level 50-59.

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

They are more likely to implement ascended accessory’s than nerf the damage

coupled with their promiss of ascended rewards from WvW, I’d like to think the next bit of ar will be coming from accessories traded with WvW badges or something.

anyway, more reasons not to spend 30 laurel for the amulets then.

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

Given the actual rate of resistance AR gives (agony deals -6% of your base health every 5AR), we’d need about 970 AR to resist the damage on lvl 50 Maw. So it’s obvious they’ll nerf it when they want us to do level 50-59.

I’m only level 22 fract, so I don’t actually know. But couldn’t you push how far you can go by spamming heals? water field + blasts?

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

Estriella Faerie.4029

I’m only level 22 fract, so I don’t actually know. But couldn’t you push how far you can go by spamming heals? water field + blasts?

You can do that if you’re close to survice, like on level 30-38 with only 25AR. Even with 35AR and spam heal, it’s almost not possible to survive Maw agony on lvl 40-48. You’d need multiple guardians with their tome, and for them to activate it in sequence. Given the cast time, it’s extremely hard to time it right (which is why nobody do it that way).

As for level 50, it is 8 ticks of around 180 000 damage each, on someone who has around 15000 health max (that’s more than 10 times what’s needed to down you for each tick, how can you expect to survive that ? and by the way, invulnerability skills don’t work on this damage)

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

I would like to know how they are going to be infused as well. Although I’m holding off on getting my amulet until they reveal whether or not they’ll be available through fractals, either via drop or relics.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

1 tick does 1000+% damage. You die right then and there. The moment you res back up, agony will hit you again. Rinse and repeat until you quit.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

I’m done with Fractals. I haven’t played it for weeks now since they shutdown Lv 50+. I don’t like how Anet is approaching the concept of progression with ascended gear. I might quit the game soon as well. Just dropping by to check if anything has changed for the better but it seems it hasn’t. This whole +5 AR amulet just speaks loudly again reinforcing the fact that Agony is a premature idea which they are not sure where they are headed yet. I don’t even know why i have to do meaningless and boring dailies and monthlies just to get Laurels when I have thousands of Fractal relics that i’ve sweated over.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

(edited by Stigma.7869)