Only Warriors, elitist or just dumb?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Well in the last few weeks I see an increase of people asking for just warriors, I have a hard time trying to figure if is just bad players looking for a carry because the lack of skill or true skilled players trying to improve the speed of farming. In any case after 5 full exotic geared chars I prefer mixed groups with skilled players, I have fun times and we completed dungeons in 5 min in some cases.

Anyway I avoid those lfg with: “only warriors” “no noobs” “experienced only” that only talks bad of the player behind the lfg in my opinion. Even with first timers you can have fun and great times with good disposition and a team attitude, just saying…

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

You already said you avoid those players, and maybe those players are avoiding you. I think everyone should be happy now that they are all doing what they want to do. Besides this is a really old topic that there is at least 5 similar posts right there in the first two pages of this forum. Maybe go check them out and see what people have to say.

Besides, you shouldn’t rule out all those lfg anyway. If you are so experiences as you said you are you should definitely know the mindset behind fast clears and asking for experienced groups. If a lfg is put out in a way that is articulate and not so dramatic, usually all is fine. The lfgs to avoid are ones with caps, ones that uses “no noobs” instead of please be experiences, basically the ones that shows the lack of respect and a sense of superiority with no apparent reason.

Generally I still don’t see a problem with people who wants to play how they want to play. Rude players, impatient players will always be rude and impatient, and they will always exist regardless of the system. Doesn’t really matter which dungeon what class and who they group up with. Just be smarter and take care of yourself.

P.S So many people confuse elitists with bad mannered players nowadays, we should take an effort to purge this misconception.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Both.

And that’s coming from someone with two lvl 80 Warriors.

Posted by: RitaRitaRitaRita.1806

RitaRitaRitaRita.1806

Both.

And that’s coming from someone with two lvl 80 Warriors.

I feel the same way, even though I have one warrior. Their dps is just pure awesomeness.

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

Tired of Pugs? Whispher me, I started a dungeon Group (22 people, across 5 servers and multiple guilds, atm). Dungeons every night 7:30 central, play with pretty much the same 20 faces, only do LFG if not enough people are available online.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Yea I know these type of ppl. On the start they dont want take you because of your profession and deeply apologize on the end:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

most of those all warrior groups are looking to maximize DPS at the expense of utility. That does not work in all locations but there are a few dungeons that are able to be speed runed where you can throw 5 glass cannon warriors at it and they will chew it up fast. I dont think its elietist its just them building the group they want. As to stupid… well an idea is only stupid if it does not work. I don’t see the gains of stacking the group like that to be all that compelling but it works well enough for those involved. About the only advantage is the warrior profession is really easy to do extream DPS with minimal skill/training if you toss them in full berzerkers exotics while most other professions can vary alot depending on player skill.

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

People have right to play with players they choose, if the want no noobs, newbies, casuals etc, then it’s thier right. Just because someone didn’t invite you to party doesn’t mean it’s bad, maybe you should play singleplayer game or get over it.
So who is the elitist here? I say OP is.

On the other hand I understand, GW2 forum users (not players, those who whine every day here are no players for me) are something special, whatever bad happens to them, they have to come here and tell everyone how people hurt them. Awww

(edited by Spiky.8403)

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Blame Anet for making warrior the only class you’ll ever need to destroy any dungeon.
As much as I like a full warrior party with me (as a Mesmer), I still think it’s so cheap I don’t even feel proud of the runs or the speed at which we clear the dungeons.

Don’t call these players elitists, if you want to farm, take a full war/mes party and experienced players, if you want to have fun, take anything and anyone.

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

shrug It’s a farm thing and even though I am going for a legendary and need money, I rather not do X times of CoF path 1 over and over and over no matter how quick it is. So the “warriors only” doesn’t worry me.

I mean, all we non-warriors and non-mesmers have to do is band together and we’ll have plenty of groups. I don’t even wish a “re-balance” on warriors. Let them have their fun. I mean, warriors in GW have always been about farming and running.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

People have right to play with players they choose, if the want no noobs, newbies, casuals etc, then it’s thier right. Just because someone didn’t invite you to party doesn’t mean it’s bad.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on stuff like this topic. I believe that people should be free to play what they want, how they want. People should also be free to request a specific profession/build spec for an activity that they are forming. People aren’t entitled to join any run they please.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

lately ive seen reverse.

A Cof Run looking for 5 condition damage ele’s only

AC Runs LFG Ranged Damage only (no warriors)

So people are doing it back and are just as bad as these people. Its gonna happen though.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Ive had a really hard time finding good players via /mapchat or gw2lfg.com for highlvl fractals over the last few days, so yes… Ive also started to use the “experienced players only” option / added it to my lf-ad.
Because apparently, lvl30 fractal isnt enough to make people sit up and think “well, maybe my 0 AR, lvl1 char in blue and green armor isnt good enough”.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being an elitists but with not willing to be wasting hours of my valuable time on people that have absolutely no business even trying lvl10 fractals.

As to CoF and other non-fractal dungeons: if you want to run a certain setup without having to explain things or people stopping to watch movie scenes, shouldnt that be possible just the same as wanting to build a grp with good and bad players alike?

This thread reminds me strongly of those oh so tolerant people forcing you to listen to their music, because if you dont want to listen to it, you are an ignorant, intolerant snob.

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

This thread reminds me strongly of those oh so tolerant people forcing you to listen to their music, because if you dont want to listen to it, you are an ignorant, intolerant snob.

And an elitist!

On the other hand though, the profession with the highest sustained dps also has the highest health pool, wears heavy armour and is arguably the easiest one to play… isn’t it a bit too much?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

as a Warrior, I think they should tune some dps traits a bit…

I don’t have dps gear, all soldier and with my current support build my 100b hits for 8K average (yeah laughable for many but I think its still a balanced damage for someone with my build).

For Simin fight I respec my char from 15/0/25/30/0 to 30/30/0/0/10 (not the best dps build but I just needed to respec quick without to much thinking… needless to say I was shocked when I saw that wearing the same gear I went from 8K 100b to 16K 100b… without zerk gear…

I don’t think 100b is OP, but the traitline for DPS warrior is kind of insane.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

There’s nothing wrong with it. You are not entitled to their party. And any argument about it is generally self defeating (If you could finish as fast as them sans warriors, go do that, as itll be easier to make a party drawing on 7/8 classes rather than 1/8. In which case there’s no reason to complain. Or if you couldnt finish as fast as them sans warriors, then their elitism makes perfect sense, and you’re asking them to take you on faith as being as strong as a warrior despite your class.)

Personally I dont want to see warrior nerfed. Warrior is in a fun place right now. A right mix of damage and tank, good options for any situation in the utilities, and plenty of good traits.
What I DO want to see is every other class buffed to a similar position. Ask an ele how many of his utilities he uses (spoiler: only the defensive ones, and maybe arcane blast) Or what traits of his he considers good.

I’d much prefer to see buffs to other classes to put them in line with the warrior, rather than a nerf to the warrior to put it into the unfun place the other classes are.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

as a Warrior, I think they should tune some dps traits a bit…

I don’t have dps gear, all soldier and with my current support build my 100b hits for 8K average (yeah laughable for many but I think its still a balanced damage for someone with my build).

For Simin fight I respec my char from 15/0/25/30/0 to 30/30/0/0/10 (not the best dps build but I just needed to respec quick without to much thinking… needless to say I was shocked when I saw that wearing the same gear I went from 8K 100b to 16K 100b… without zerk gear…

I don’t think 100b is OP, but the traitline for DPS warrior is kind of insane.

well, a warrior can beat lupuicus in 8.5 min

Posted by: Rems.4783

Rems.4783

Anyway I avoid those lfg with: “only warriors” “no noobs” “experienced only” that only talks bad of the player behind the lfg in my opinion. Even with first timers you can have fun and great times with good disposition and a team attitude, just saying…

Yes, that’s totally true. But you know, the problem with newcomers is, they don’t say they are new. I don’t give a kitten if it’s your first time doing a dungeon, just ask for instructions/tips and i’ll be happy to teach you a dungeon because everybody needs to start somehwere.

But most new people just follow some guy and totally say nothing, no idea what to do, don’t listen to what a say. I think they are just affraid of being kicked.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

But most new people just follow some guy and totally say nothing, no idea what to do, don’t listen to what a say. I think they are just affraid of being kicked.

I sort of understand them, but it’s so annoying when they don’t say anything…But what is worse is when you ask someone if it’s their first time and they get angry…