Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

So if you watch any record run, I am sure you notice that a lot of the time, player inventories are up for armor/weapon swapping, trait windows are up for trait swapping. Now I do that myself too because it is the most optimal way to play the game, however I personally find that pretty annoying and unfun. Personally I would love for Anet to allow us to have build templates where traits/armor/weapon/sigil/runes stats are all switched with the press of a button. Or do it pvp style where once you load in, you are forced to run the specific traits/weapons/armor/sigil/rune.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: sartanman.4710

sartanman.4710

I remember when you had to pay to retrait and you were stuck with whatever build you had when you entered an instance. I personally appreciated the ability to change my build whenever out of combat and consider it one of the best, if under appreciated, quality of life changes Anet made.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

A build template system would be a godsend for this game, especially since they removed the retrait restriction.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I would like one or two extra item slots to place my spare weapons or consumables, too. Or at the very least, I’d appreciate that my inventory didn’t resize itself anytime it wants.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Being able to change traits/weapons on the fly is one of the things that make ele so much fun to play, regardless of build. If you were stuck with the same weapon set I think I’d fall asleep in every instance.

About build templates: they would be good for changing lots of traits, but imo there is no reason to use a template for swapping from 64202 to 66002 (for example) since that is only 4 clicks anyway. We’ll see how it changes with specializations but right now I only see a use for it if you swap between builds a lot (WvW/PvE, Sc+LH/Staff, etc.)

On the other hand I’d really like to reserve inventory slots for weapons, it’s such a pain in the kitten to swap between 1h and 2h weapons

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would remove all consumables from the game.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

FenrirSlakt.3692

I would remove all consumables from the game.

What about tonics, though? Arah skips are a lot more fun when you’re a dolyak or a cat.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Dolyak can’t jump. Booooooo!!!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Personally I would love for Anet to allow us to have build templates where traits/armor/weapon/sigil/runes stats are all switched with the press of a button.

GW2ESP has you covered.

Edit: Well, only ele templates for my screen setup are currently saved, but you can easily do more. I’ve built easy-to-use clicking/mouse moving functions, together with the checks of your character and open windows, it’s easy to expand that for all professions and all possible builds, tailored to your ui size.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

A build template system would be a godsend for this game, especially since they removed the retrait restriction.

Didn’t they say they weren’t gonna make them?

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Didn’t they say they weren’t gonna make them?

If they did I didn’t see it. And lets face it, Anet says they are gonna do alot of things…

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It’s on a table somewhere.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

During one of the interviews after hot-hype ceremony Colin stated they’re not working on build templates and we will not see them with HoT release.

So yeah, keep your expectations low.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Also a developer said that one of the reasons they weren’t making a trait build template system was that “it’ll be so easy to retrait after the patch that there is no need for such a feature”

I can’t find the quote, but I know I’ve seen it somewhere on these forums..

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

FenrirSlakt.3692

Dolyak can’t jump. Booooooo!!!

Some things are just too good to exist.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I’d be shocked to not see ‘light’ build templates in HoT, at least to the point where when you reslot a spec it remembers it’s former status — since it can never be empty and has to be somewhere.

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

deSade.9437

Prepare to get shocked out of your panties, then!

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Windsagio.1340

Prepare to get shocked out of your panties, then!

Well where do you think the majors will go, all back to center?

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you look at the UI they are simply unselected by default (no linked effect).

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

deSade.9437

/sigh First the raving about raids, then this…

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Windsagio.1340

If you look at the UI they are simply unselected by default (no linked effect).

I guess I"ll be shocked then. Seems like an easy win to me :p

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Anet have to add something that had to be inside from the start.When i double click on my rings or earings all 4 of them have to be switch.Right now when i double click 2 rings for instance they go in the same slot which is kittened.Why can’t rings and earing be like the weapons?MH and OH?How hard is that to make?

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Opinion on UI Wars 2?

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

If i may, it’s only for each encounter. You’ll still be swapping traits/weapons/foods during the raid, only that the rooms for each encounter won’t have any OOC spot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3j550f/anet_clarification_on_the_in_combat_the_whole/

(edited by Kordash.2197)