PS Warrior With No Experience

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

If I’m running one of the required classes a PS Warrior yet have no Raid Experience would I still run into problems with a PUG after the early week rush as long as I’m straight with a commander?

Just to be clear this character is LEVEL 80.

PS Here’s a picture, based her off my Siamese baby girl Siren.

PSS To folks that may have trouble understanding that not all screen shots are present tense, that was taken while ago and I never bothered taking snap shots since that point; I can understand why some people might get confused.

Attachments:

(edited by Oldirtbeard.9834)

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You might want to hit level 80 first….

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

If I’m running one of the required classes a PS Warrior yet have no Raid Experience would I still run into problems with a PUG after the early week rush as long as I’m straight with a commander?

Are you a competent player who knows his class well? Is your character appropriately geared for raiding? Is your reputation within the PvE community untarnished by suspect forum posting? If the answer to all of those is ‘yes’ then I can’t imagine that you’ll encounter any serious trouble.

Oldirtbeard.9834

Are you a competent player who knows his class well? Is your character appropriately geared for raiding? Is your reputation within the PvE community untarnished by suspect forum posting? If the answer to all of those is ‘yes’ then I can’t imagine that you’ll encounter any serious trouble.

I’ll admit I don’t know the class as well as my Reaper but unfortunately we all know how much that experience is valued in this current META. According to Woodenpotatoes standards I have Ascended in all the acceptable places other than the 6 Armor pieces. My forum activity has never been misleading or dishonest, I just happen to have unpopular opinions, that still makes me a man of integrity when it comes to the definition which should in the eyes of any one capable of critical thinking recognize an upstanding member of the community.

Posted by: Valentine.2574

Valentine.2574

I’ll admit I don’t know the class as well as my Reaper but unfortunately we all know how much that experience is valued in this current META. According to Woodenpotatoes standards I have Ascended in all the acceptable places other than the 6 Armor pieces. My forum activity has never been misleading or dishonest, I just happen to have unpopular opinions, that still makes me a man of integrity when it comes to the definition which should in the eyes of any one capable of critical thinking recognize an upstanding member of the community.

The forum thing doesn’t really matter lol. It sounds as if you have a geared L80 power berseker. Although the condi variant is more popular, you can use this version to get magnetite shards (raid currency) and use that to buy your ascended condi set.

I would advise you do the following three things first.
1. Practice many many hours on the training Golem’s in The Special Forces Training Area until you can get within 10-15% of the numbers on the qtfy.eu website for power warrior.
2. Watch videos of all the boss fights/ read mechanics (Dulfy is a good place) so you understand what you need to do.
3. Join training runs to experience the raid and learn the mechanics.

One of the big advantages of PS Warrior is there are virtually no “unique” mechnics you need to do in fights e.g. On Sabetha 2 DPS run cannons, On Sloth the 4 dps eat shrooms, on Matt someone reflects etc. Failing these unique mechanics can cause wipes. Not having to do this means you can learn the raids better and practice your rotations more.

Optional 4. Go to open world and just play the warrior. The more you play, you will get an understanding of the class.

If you do all of this then you shouldn’t have much trouble with raiding. I personally run a dps meter to track my own performance. That way you can see where you need to improve. Hardest thing is getting your first 50 Li, after that it gets easier and once you have 100+ you can pug pretty easily. Once you get to 150 Li your journey may stop if all you wanted was Leg Armor like me though.

Oldirtbeard.9834

The forum thing doesn’t really matter lol. It sounds as if you have a geared L80 power berseker. Although the condi variant is more popular, you can use this version to get magnetite shards (raid currency) and use that to buy your ascended condi set.

I would advise you do the following three things first.
1. Practice many many hours on the training Golem’s in The Special Forces Training Area until you can get within 10-15% of the numbers on the qtfy.eu website for power warrior.
2. Watch videos of all the boss fights/ read mechanics (Dulfy is a good place) so you understand what you need to do.
3. Join training runs to experience the raid and learn the mechanics.

One of the big advantages of PS Warrior is there are virtually no “unique” mechnics you need to do in fights e.g. On Sabetha 2 DPS run cannons, On Sloth the 4 dps eat shrooms, on Matt someone reflects etc. Failing these unique mechanics can cause wipes. Not having to do this means you can learn the raids better and practice your rotations more.

Optional 4. Go to open world and just play the warrior. The more you play, you will get an understanding of the class.

If you do all of this then you shouldn’t have much trouble with raiding. I personally run a dps meter to track my own performance. That way you can see where you need to improve. Hardest thing is getting your first 50 Li, after that it gets easier and once you have 100+ you can pug pretty easily. Once you get to 150 Li your journey may stop if all you wanted was Leg Armor like me though.

The big things I get screwed up on are getting caught up running out of range of my banner ( which shouldn’t be a big problem since movement is contained within certain parameters during a raid encounter), and misfiring a 100 Blades because of mobs running around like crack heads (which shouldn’t be a problem because there should be one to 3 possible targets that are all controlled by a tank).

I’ll start watching some training videos, I think Woodenpotatoes has some detailed encounter videos.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

better watch dulfy, videos of every fight with detailed explanation, tactis, class roles etc

Oldirtbeard.9834

better watch dulfy, videos of every fight with detailed explanation, tactis, class roles etc

Thanks for the info.

apharma.3741

If you have some friends that do raiding you could ask them to take you along when they are short or if they’d be willing to do some training. There’s usually a large number of training raids advertised on reddit ( might need some searching) and here’s something that will in general help, try out BGDM.

If it’s not your thing you can remove it but it can tell you how much might you are generating as well as giving you your damage. You don’t have to let others see your damage but anyone running BGDM will be able to see if you’re not giving enough might regardless of if you have it or not.

Other general warrior tips is stick and move trait will often be the difference in damage on power, try to not use your headbutt if you know CC is needed soon and check out Nike from DnT’s YouTube. Whatever your feeling towards him and his guild are he does know his stuff about warrior and has a decent amount of info there as well as warrior PoV in various fights.

Oldirtbeard.9834

If you have some friends that do raiding you could ask them to take you along when they are short or if they’d be willing to do some training. There’s usually a large number of training raids advertised on reddit ( might need some searching) and here’s something that will in general help, try out BGDM.

If it’s not your thing you can remove it but it can tell you how much might you are generating as well as giving you your damage. You don’t have to let others see your damage but anyone running BGDM will be able to see if you’re not giving enough might regardless of if you have it or not.

Other general warrior tips is stick and move trait will often be the difference in damage on power, try to not use your headbutt if you know CC is needed soon and check out Nike from DnT’s YouTube. Whatever your feeling towards him and his guild are he does know his stuff about warrior and has a decent amount of info there as well as warrior PoV in various fights.

I actually tried finding that but it doesn’t seem to be listed on Curse where most addons are listed, I went to BGDM which didn’t have something which blatantly said DOWNLOAD HERE, just a break down of the program when I was just expecting something simple and user friendly like Recount or Skada Meters, granted I was buzzed a little the night before but I wasn’t hammered.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Depending on which type of group you join you might get kicked withing 10 seconds or not at all.

First off, don’t try to join groups which have “require experience” in their tags. You’ll be wasting your and their time. Ideally join a group looking for new raiders, practice run, training run or “raid group in developement all welcome”. Then:

1.) gear up your character as good as you can. Exotic armor is fine, ascended weapons are preferable but exotic works in a pinch, exotic trinkets work but with LW3 access to ascended trinkets is very easy so put in the few days extra effort. Correct Sigils and Runes for your build are almost a must. (check http://qtfy.eu/builds/ if need be what you should be running)

2.) once equiped pratice your rotation on the target golem in the special forces area. Get your basic rotation down as good as possible.

3.) get an overview of the 4 raid wings and decide on 1, maybe 2 [I’d recommend wing 1 or 4]. Get familiar with the basics of the bosses, especially the first boss.

4.) now go join one of the forementioned groups for the wing and bosses you’ve decided to start on. If it’s a training run it might be a group which explains every boss, but it’s still helpful to have a general overview beforehand.

Alternatively join a raid guild (or guild who runs raids) and have them take you along in their training runs. It’s the slightly more handholding way but essentially the steps are the same.

Personally I’d absolutely recommend joining a guild and getting to know some people, it makes the entire process way more enjoyable and easier. It’s not necessary though and running with pug groups works just as well (maybe slightly more frustrating).

apharma.3741

I actually tried finding that but it doesn’t seem to be listed on Curse where most addons are listed, I went to BGDM which didn’t have something which blatantly said DOWNLOAD HERE, just a break down of the program when I was just expecting something simple and user friendly like Recount or Skada Meters, granted I was buzzed a little the night before but I wasn’t hammered.

You find it under releases tab next to the about tab, http://gw2bgdm.blogspot.co.uk/p/releases-change-log.html

You want the top one under releases and extract contents to your bin64 folder in programming files → guild wars 2.

Do not download the freetype or GW2 China or Beta versions as they may not be ToS compliant.