PSA: Don't skip the risen in CoE.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I run CoE quite a bit. A couple of times in the last few days I’ve had groups that, without saying anything beforehand, just blow by the little risen dudes on the stairs after avoiding the champion by standing in the alcove.

It takes two or three AoE’s to kill all of them. I’ve never seen a party wipe on them. And like the destroyer crablings in P3, the little guys spew loot at you. You can get a stack of like ten heavy moldy bags for two seconds of work.

Plus, when skipping the silver enemies after them, you wind up fighting them stacked in a corner, which the fury/mighted axe-spinning risen just love.

Spend two seconds. Get loot. That’s why you’re there.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Agreed wholeheartedly. I actually just encountered a group that tried to skip this last night and it really surprised me. I’m so used to killing these I attacked them anyways >.>

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Those little guys are good for the loot and sigil stacks, but skipping the berserkers is easy. Just run to the back left corner of the Alpha room and the only thing that should follow you is the wraith.

Also, do a 2 count dodge for the plague carriers when they do the animation for their explosion move. People always be gettin hit with all those conditions, lol.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I have no idea why anybody would skip them. They’re easy to take out, and getting rid of them prevents you having to avoid them again in the future should you wipe at Alpha.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Skipping is fun an requires mad 1337 skillz yo! Only scrubby noobs fight trash.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There I was thinking he got a precursor or some such >_>

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I remember when those little crablings gave me a lvl 80 exotic back piece and a Charged Lodestone, best auto loot ever.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Only morons skip those mobs. The only time I skip them is when we have a newb that aggros the abomination. I’ve had one party that skipped them after skipping the abomination. Luckily I was playing a guardian, so I solo’d them and got my 5 heavy moldy loot bags.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ive been making groups skip the beserkers recently. Just because they are irritating and often cause downs which lose bloodlust stacks. Still grab all the mini risen b4 them though. Most groups never bothered with skipping the beserkers before, recently a few groups have started doing it and also some of them have a new LoS spot for the golems in the laser room. Not sure why the sudden change in pug tactics but meh it makes the runs slightly faster/smoother.

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

Totally agree. I HATE running past thralls and crablings. They’re easy and give free loot. Been having a few idiots in parties who ran ahead, alllll the way into ALpha’s room. What happens? We get thralls, berserkers, a wraith AND Alpha. Genius.

Thralls gave me 3 pairs of Holographic wings, crystalline dust and crablings gave me Destroyer Lodestones. What’s not to like? Also, if someone gets downed by a Berserker and loses stacks, too bad for them. Don’t dash into those things then.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

lol those are the only thing that give me stacks cos my scumbag guildies keep killing the golems before I can get to them

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Now, if only all dungeon mobs/trash was as easy to take down and gave such loot there wouldn’t be any skipping going on

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

bitterjo.1695

Now, if only all dungeon mobs/trash was as easy to take down and gave such loot there wouldn’t be any skipping going on

You’d be amazed at how lazy and idiotic some people can get. P3 door stack mob after 1st boss? Not even that hard, chance of destroyer lodes and ppl still run. Without fair warning. And made the mob port to next boss.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

We constantly skip the silver beserkers after killing the lil risen and grubs. We kill the wraith but leave the 2 others as they leash and aren’t really worth killing.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Yep, love the loot from these and the crablings in p3. I see people wanting to skip them maybe 10% of the time.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Good points. Although, you may want to change the title to “Don’t skip the risen asura thralls/destroyer crablings.” Someone might be a bookah and think you’re referring to the champion abomination/defilers, which no one (to my knowledge) ever fights.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yeah I saw my own guild skipping these guys and I was like “WAT DA EFF??”
It’s only the Abom you have to hide from & let walk by and that’s really a GAMEWIDE issue of Aboms having stupidly poor-scaling “Artificial Difficulty” than it is to do with dungeon mechanics or rewards in general.

EDIT: ^^ Yeah, Exactly what Nilkemia said better in Layman’s terms, lol ^^

Dolan.3071

lol those are the only thing that give me stacks cos my scumbag guildies keep killing the golems before I can get to them

Or giving swiftness when you’re trying to jump over the lasers

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Wukunlin.8461

Good points. Although, you may want to change the title to “Don’t skip the risen asura thralls/destroyer crablings.” Someone might be a bookah and think you’re referring to the champion abomination/defilers, which no one (to my knowledge) ever fights.

I used to be in a casual guild, we fought it every time. We also tend to have 2 ranger in our dungeon groups so its always 25 stacks of fun.

Oceanic [LOD]

bitterjo.1695

Or giving swiftness when you’re trying to jump over the lasers

Ohhhh those screams when a War in my party trolled us by planting a Warbanner in the middle of the lasers. Hilarious and agonizing XD

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With Swiftness you can jump over two lasers. Much more fun that way.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Or just jump diagonally into the wall.

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Same with the norn in the snow fractal.
Once you beat the ice elemental theres 3 groups of norn and their pets.
They drop good loot too and t6 mats but everyone is skipping them…

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Actual good loot, or the same chance that the trash on the way to Maw has of dropping good loot?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

At lower levels it’s probably worth of it. But it’s good to remember that they are Veterans, not Normal enemies.

Wukunlin.8461

Same with the norn in the snow fractal.
Once you beat the ice elemental theres 3 groups of norn and their pets.
They drop good loot too and t6 mats but everyone is skipping them…

I remember those, the loot used to be much better. People stopped killing cos the loot got ninja nerfed a while ago

Oceanic [LOD]

Dolan.3071

Ohhhh those screams when a War in my party trolled us by planting a Warbanner in the middle of the lasers. Hilarious and agonizing XD

That…. Is genius. I’m gonna do that next PuG, I don’t even care if I get kicked. For guild runs a friendly Warhorn toot to show my support is sufficient

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Actual good loot, or the same chance that the trash on the way to Maw has of dropping good loot?

I’ve never known why people want to kill the mobs before Maw.. i’ve never gotten anything good from them..
The Norn were indeed nerfed once and dropped nothing but they seem to be dropping items again since some time.. In guild runs we still kill them.. But i haven’t been higher than lvl 40 yet so no idea how strong they become later on :p

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

bitterjo.1695

That…. Is genius. I’m gonna do that next PuG, I don’t even care if I get kicked. For guild runs a friendly Warhorn toot to show my support is sufficient

You’re welcome. Go knock ’em dead! XD