Party leader leaves - Sorrow's Embrace

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vez Willrage.8163

Vez Willrage.8163

I’m pretty sure I’m not first who brought up this issue.

But what happens is as follows:
I got into a PuG group in LA. Then we decided to do SE Path 1.

We gave up path 1 not too long into the dungeon as we were swarmed by the endless waves of inquest, but my point of this post is not about the difficulty. So we reset the dungeon and go for path 2 instead.

About 2 hours later, we reach the final boss and someone had to bail due to the obvious need to attend to something more important in real life.

Alright, no problem we can easily call someone from our guild into the party. Just 2 mins we got another member.

And then the dungeon starter goes ‘Sorry guys gtg thanks for the party’ and left. The whole party was kicked out of the dungeon & have no way of returning into it even thou I am sure we will have no problem of getting another member into the party.

This, to me is quite ridiculous & absurd. And I thought dungeons have nothing like a host, it’ll pass down automatically to the rest of the players in the party. Obviously, everyone rages a little as we spend 2 kitten hours to get no kitten return. We don’t care about the tokens or 26 silvers. We just want to complete it to be a step closer to dungeon master.

Can Anet please figure something to prevent this?

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

This problem has been acknowledged by Anet and hopefully it’s a fix in the November patch, though don’t put your hopes up, there’s just so much to fix in all areas of the game + they are adding content.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Yeah, same thing recently happened to me at the final Alpha in CoE :l

Posted by: Deicide.8649

Deicide.8649

I think this is more than just coincidence, it’s happening all too frequently lately. As soon as the second to last boss is cleared, they suddenly have to go and you’re removed.

In reality they’re just using the saved progress to invite their friends or guild mates and give them easy access to the tokens, this needs to be resolved and the players that are exploiting this mechanic punished.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Still no fix…its make me mad!

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I think this is more than just coincidence, it’s happening all too frequently lately. As soon as the second to last boss is cleared, they suddenly have to go and you’re removed.

In reality they’re just using the saved progress to invite their friends or guild mates and give them easy access to the tokens, this needs to be resolved and the players that are exploiting this mechanic punished.

That doesn’t work. If the leader leaves the group he gets kicked out of the dungeon himself. As this HAS been fixed. It’s still annoying though that if the leader actually has to go, or leaves too early, that all players have to suffer for it.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Pretty nasty example of one of my recent Fractals run:

We get to Jade Maw Fractal. Party members want to skip trash, but instance owner wants to kill mobs. The mobs end up getting skipped but the instance owner rage-quits and kills the dungeon. Pretty extreme example but it could happen.

I do agree that there needs to be a way for the dungeon ownership to pass on the leadership to a new person when the original leader has to go due to unforeseen circumstances (or in my case, uncertain rage-quits). Emergencies happen and it can be tricky to avoid it.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Noid.2871

Noid.2871

It’s ridiculous that the game even has a notion of party leader, since they don’t have any extra powers; the only difference to normal party members is this bug.

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

This needs to change. Spent 3 hours in Arah p1 and almost finished it when the party leader rage quit and everyone was booted. This is ridiculous.

On a technical thought, I’m guessing the purpose of a party leader is that their character is used in all cut scenes, and currently if that person leaves the coding does not allow for another members character to be populated in. Also, if the leaders is the only one that has done story mode and then leaves, everyone probably should be kicked (this may have been the reason it was designed as is). But if multiple ppl have done story mode, then yes, it should just pass over.

Also, I’ve done all story modes and can lead any dungeon, but I play on Mac beta and currently get kicked quite often, so I refuse to lead bc I don’t want to get kicked and then lose progression. This whole mess is just sad.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I think Anet is focused a little too focused on making us do story mode and doesn’t realize its not THAT important. over several years we will do it I promise Anet so just hurry up and give us the ability to leave and not ruin everyone elses day. because I know there are alot of people who like me, don’t have hour and hours to blow every day making 2-3 attempts before finishing.

#ELEtism

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

you just got served XD