Path Sellers? now, wow just wow.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Today i got kicked of 3 dungeons right at the end boss 2 times in Arah one in TA, wheres the option to report this people?

its true that dungeon rewards are nice and all but people is selling spots for tokens and they dont lose anything, it goes something like this.

you pay 3g to enter arah p4 at end boss (yes you dont have to deal with lupi) you get 60 tokens plus 3g

the seller gets 3g+3g +60 tokens, are dungeons unPUGable now? i mean, where can i report this people why we dont have a griefing tab?

source = kindly asked why i was kicked out and i just got “sorry m8 i sold ur spot” and a nice block after that response.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Here is where you can report violations.
https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

That’s just….not at all acceptable behaviour. Shheesh, the one being paid should be the one who gives up the spot and tricking someone to do the work like that is unethical. I hope you have screenshots. The kicker had to have an accomplish too, since it takes two to kick. Despicable.

I seriously hope this does not mean it will be impossible to get a party for Arah. I still need the three worst paths.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Best way to minimize the odds of this happening is asking around in map chat for your party leader’s rep and also making note of accounts you see offering this type of service, at least you’ll know never to join up with them.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

i hope you saved a screenshot

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

just note, never run dungeons with filthy rich people, they are up to something. Join a guild, a big guild to ask for dungeons and mostly run with friends. I hate that kind of people.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

how is it that i do dungeons the most of any pve content and never seen this happening? Am i playing another game or wut

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Not to make light of your situation as it is truly disheartening but.

Have you thought of the irony of this complaint along with your account name?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I noticed you only have 3 “runners” so I guess you’re one of the types of groups similar to what was described in the OP. You get 2 other suckers to go with you and then right when the run is finished you kick them out to get someone to pay for a spot.

People like you should be banned.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I don’t mind dungeon spot sellers, but this? This is absurd.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Party chat gets deleted when you leave a party. That should not happen, but it does. So make sure to keep something in whispers if you can when you take screenshots to send on a report.

The best way to prevent this from happening is lurking near the door and opening the dungeon yourself before they can.

You are not going to leave, but if they kick you, they are leaving with you.

The best solution against this happening at all wold be Instance splitting and dungeon reward scaling, so:

1. If they kick you, instead leaving the dungeon the instance is replicated, and you are sent to the copy. You can now invite people to complete the dungeons.
2. You get only full rewards if you did the entire dungeon. Join right after the and, and you get only a % of the dungeon corresponding to what you did. Want the rest, start from the beginning, and at the end you will get the rest, minus what you already got the first time around. Joining after 25% would still count for achievements like Hobby Dungeon, Dailies and monthlies, but not for the one-time Dungeon Master.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Anyone who does this kind of stuff is scum. Selling spots in dungeons that other people worked for only to be kicked out because they didn’t pay? That’s messed up. People shouldn’t need to pay to PuG in this game.

This is exactly why I don’t pug. Thank God I have an amazing guild and don’t need to worry about stuff like this.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

What’s so wrong with paying people to do what you dun want to pug? You’re the one paying them in the first place? Gg people.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

People are using exploits to skip most of the content and then sell the remaining spots.

Hopefully anet gets off their kitten and fixes it, or bans them by example.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I noticed you only have 3 “runners” so I guess you’re one of the types of groups similar to what was described in the OP. You get 2 other suckers to go with you and then right when the run is finished you kick them out to get someone to pay for a spot.

People like you should be banned.

We have three runners because we’re good enough to clear the paths with 3 people. Other than Path 1. We get another friend to help with that one.

Would you like to buy a run? I’ll add you to my list.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Anyone who does this kind of stuff is scum. Selling spots in dungeons that other people worked for only to be kicked out because they didn’t pay? That’s messed up. People shouldn’t need to pay to PuG in this game.

This is exactly why I don’t pug. Thank God I have an amazing guild and don’t need to worry about stuff like this.

%100 agree these kind of bottom feeders should get Dhuum perma banned,

Everyone should screen shot your screen when you enter a full party to get all group members names etc..

JQ Druid

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Selling dungeon runs is legit.

Using someone and kicking them at the very end is considered griefing and is reportable.

There has been official responses to these actions in the past.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The drama from this was in a really similar thread on Reddit just recently. A lot of people doing this (like myself, and my friends), do it legitimately with no involvement from ‘pugs’ other than when we sell the spots.

Does it affect you that we do this? No. We complete the content with x party members, who are all in on it, then we sell however many spots we want to sell. People CHOOSE to join, we don’t force anyone to join and we don’t kick anyone after we’ve received payment. There are many many many many many people who could vouch for me and my friends, so unless you have proof of me or my friends scamming someone or kicking PUGs at end of runs, kindly calm down on your generalizations, they’re pretty insulting.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I can vouch for Cookie.

He’s a dirty troll in CS though!

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

This is a good reason for the game to have a dungeon finder instead of relying on a 3rd party website.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Why doesn’t Arena.net monitor kicking behaviour in dungeons?

Adding such a counter would be trivial, and abusing kicking would flag an account for suspicious behaviour…

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

This is a perfect reason not to do dungeons anymore, or really play the game..

Once they nerf frostgorge i’ll probably take another extended break.

Arya.9021

Because you have what is called a 2 man kick. If you want to have control, then make your own party. OR you could not pay people. Omg, really? You can just choose to do the dungeon yourself? No way!

If you dun wanna get scammed, dun do it. Simple. Anet won’t ban anyone unless you have proof.

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

Dungeons will lose purpose if the only thing players want is the loot from the end. Does no one care about the experience of the fights or pushing your character higher? If people mash through dungeons, it will turn out like WoW…. >.>

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Arya.9021

Dungeons are just another form of GW1 speed clears. They are just simply using what they learned in Anet’s Guild Wars game.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

What’s so wrong with paying people to do what you dun want to pug? You’re the one paying them in the first place? Gg people.

Did you even read what happened? That was totally despicable.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Dungeons are just another form of GW1 speed clears. They are just simply using what they learned in Anet’s Guild Wars game.

Huh…?

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

OR you could not pay people. Omg, really? You can just choose to do the dungeon yourself? No way!

If you dun wanna get scammed, dun do it. Simple.

You’re missing the point entirely.

This is happening to players who joined a party in good faith to play through and complete the dungeon, only to be kicked out near the end.

They aren’t paying anyone for anything.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

You get what you pay for. Since this game doesn’t have a subscription fee, a ton of kids came to play this game since they can actually afford to play it.

I’ve actually had this happen twice to me and the people that kicked me were 12 and 14, and now I ask everyone’s age before I enter a dungeon with them. If they’re below age 16, then I kick them or I just leave if they’re the party leader. Yeah, the community has gotten that bad in this game. That’s what it’s come down to. Heck, even WoW’s community hasn’t ever been this bad before.

Sure, WoW’s community got pretty bad, but I was never exploited for potential gain like I was in this game. They were mean and they threw insults at people, but they were smart enough not to kick people and invite a friend during dungeons to take my place.

This kind of exploitation makes me want to slap people upside their heads, and it needs to be fixed asap.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

You get what you pay for. Since this game doesn’t have a subscription fee, a ton of kids came to play this game since they can actually afford to play it.

I’ve actually had this happen twice to me and the people that kicked me were 12 and 14, and now I ask everyone’s age before I enter a dungeon with them. If they’re below age 16, then I kick them or I just leave if they’re the party leader. Yeah, the community has gotten that bad in this game. That’s what it’s come down to. Heck, even WoW’s community hasn’t ever been this bad before.

Sure, WoW’s community got pretty bad, but I was never exploited for potential gain like I was in this game. They were mean and they threw insults at people, but they were smart enough not to kick people and invite a friend during dungeons to take my place.

This kind of exploitation makes me want to slap people upside their heads, and it needs to be fixed asap.

Have to agree here. I wish games were like this when I was a kid, because, as bad as we were, we sure weren’t this bad.

There’s just a general lack of empathy, sympathy, or any semblance of decency in this community at a macro level and that’s a real darn shame, since the developers made sure that helping others was more than adequately rewarded.

I remember how much nicer people were on PvP servers (in different games)… on the opposing faction, no less. It isn’t rose tainted glasses either. My friends list was never, ever empty. On this game, regardless of how you might have helped somebody, they still won’t remember your account name after a month.

There were always bad apples, but for every bad apple there was a good orange that made you see the light and realize that there was some good in the world. Nowadays I just feel like making apple sauce.

(edited by crestpiemangler.7631)

Galtrix.7369

Have to agree here. I wish games were like this when I was a kid, because, as bad as we were, we sure weren’t this bad.

There’s just a general lack of empathy, sympathy, or any semblance of decency in this community at a macro level and that’s a real darn shame, since the developers made sure that helping others was more than adequately rewarded.

I remember how much nicer people were on PvP servers (in different games)… on the opposing faction, no less. It isn’t rose tainted glasses either. My friends list was never, ever empty. On this game, regardless of how you might have helped somebody, they still won’t remember your account name after a month.

There were always bad apples, but for every bad apple there was a good orange that made you see the light and realize that there was some good in the world. Nowadays I just feel like making apple sauce.

Oh, those were the days! I remember being led out of hostile territory in WoW by an undead warrior who was on the opposite faction as me when I was still new to the game. He was nice and made gestures to follow him because we couldn’t speak to each other.

Nowadays I can spam for hours in map chat or guild chat for help that I desperately need and no one will hear my cries. Heck, even in PvP I get insulted for beating people constantly. I don’t think I’ve gone one PvP match without being insulted twice. I can only hope that the community improves as more games come out to occupy the kid’s time.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

That’s terrible.

I took dungeons slowly, so even though I’ve been playing for about a year now I still haven’t done any explorable paths in dungeons (unless Fractals counts).

I…don’t know what to do about this apart from what people have already suggested: report them, try to make note of people doing it, etc.

I don’t see a huge problem with people just generally running these things and selling empty slots to others, as what Mexican Cookie thinks is happening. No, the problem here is what is said in the OP: people going along on a dungeon path run and being kicked before being allowed to receive their reward for the hard work they put into running the dungeon because someone “sold their spot”. That event is bad.

I want to make a note of the discussion on younger people playing the game. The game is rated Teen in America (and whatever the equivalent is in Europe and China), and as such people who are teenagers are technically allowed to play the game. You are fully within your right to not play with people you do not want to play with, but personally, as someone who has been playing various online games since I was younger than a teenager, I think you should learn about the individual before learning they cannot be trusted. I am currently in my 20’s myself, but I’ve met plenty of people who acted a heck of a lot younger than their age even when older than me. I’m sure plenty of these people doing this terrible dungeon run kick thing are adults.

Which of course brings us to the community. I feel like even though GW1 was an almost entirely instanced game, it had a better social feel to it. I’ve rarely been able to hold a conversation with random people in LA or any other city since release, and the only interaction I got was when I joined a guild. The BWEs were another story, those were full of social activity and interaction. It was wonderful.

What happened?

Galtrix.7369

That’s terrible.

I took dungeons slowly, so even though I’ve been playing for about a year now I still haven’t done any explorable paths in dungeons (unless Fractals counts).

I…don’t know what to do about this apart from what people have already suggested: report them, try to make note of people doing it, etc.

I don’t see a huge problem with people just generally running these things and selling empty slots to others, as what Mexican Cookie thinks is happening. No, the problem here is what is said in the OP: people going along on a dungeon path run and being kicked before being allowed to receive their reward for the hard work they put into running the dungeon because someone “sold their spot”. That event is bad.

I want to make a note of the discussion on younger people playing the game. The game is rated Teen in America (and whatever the equivalent is in Europe and China), and as such people who are teenagers are technically allowed to play the game. You are fully within your right to not play with people you do not want to play with, but personally, as someone who has been playing various online games since I was younger than a teenager, I think you should learn about the individual before learning they cannot be trusted. I am currently in my 20’s myself, but I’ve met plenty of people who acted a heck of a lot younger than their age even when older than me. I’m sure plenty of these people doing this terrible dungeon run kick thing are adults.

Which of course brings us to the community. I feel like even though GW1 was an almost entirely instanced game, it had a better social feel to it. I’ve rarely been able to hold a conversation with random people in LA or any other city since release, and the only interaction I got was when I joined a guild. The BWEs were another story, those were full of social activity and interaction. It was wonderful.

What happened?

Oh yeah, I should clarify. I try to make a snap judgement on their personalities before I go ahead and kick them. I don’t kick silent 10 year olds from my group just because they’re 10 years old. If the 10 year old is typing in all caps every two seconds, then I’ll be inclined to kick them. And yeah, I’ve played World of Warcraft since I was 8 years old, and I never, ever had any want or need to exploit people for my own gain. It seems like youngsters are getting bolder and bolder when it comes to that.

If the community was half as good as in GW1, I’d play this game a lot more often.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Today i got kicked of 3 dungeons right at the end boss 2 times in Arah one in TA, wheres the option to report this people?

its true that dungeon rewards are nice and all but people is selling spots for tokens and they dont lose anything, it goes something like this.

you pay 3g to enter arah p4 at end boss (yes you dont have to deal with lupi) you get 60 tokens plus 3g

the seller gets 3g+3g +60 tokens, are dungeons unPUGable now? i mean, where can i report this people why we dont have a griefing tab?

source = kindly asked why i was kicked out and i just got “sorry m8 i sold ur spot” and a nice block after that response.

an easy way to protect yourself is to get 1st to the dungeon and open it

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Wait… you can kick people in PvE?! What the hell, ANet?

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Well with school starting up soon things should get better, I hope.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

What happened?

I think the initial popularity of the game has had a huge impact on it, even though anet publicly stated that they wanted the journey to be as important as the destination, it seems that many of the players that came here didn’t get that memo. I mean just look at some of the arguments made on these forums about how if you wear anything less than full berzerker gear in pve you are a selfish player, that alone should give you an idea what Anet is up against. Unfortunately people that would make a statement that a gear stat choice inherently makes you selfish are only focused on the destination, they leave no room for what if’s, it’s black or white. If someone says I want to run a speedclear group and I want you to run berserker gear for that and you misrepresent yourself saying that you have said gear and can play that style then sure that is selfish, but it’s not the gear itself that makes it so, rather it’s the intent to deceive. Sadly I think many of the problems this game faces in community boil down to boredom, there are some players that just are significantly better than others and can chew through content at breakneck speeds, and when they get bored they get hostile and start doing ridiculous behaviors as shown by what happened to the op (although without a screenshot I am not too quick to accept that this was the actual case). Just my opinion of course, but I would love to have the community back we had during the bwe’s

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Just my opinion of course, but I would love to have the community back we had during the bwe’s

Or the early release weekend, also. Though back then Queensdale was just as packed Always in overflow.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

When joining such dungeons, make a screenshot at the start with all the names and guild tags, especially if 2 or more are the same. Do the same after they tell you they sold your spot. That’s evidence leading to an inevitable ban. Tell them that, and that you’d like your spot back. If they don’t give it, send in the screenshots to a.net and have them banned fair and square.

Whatever you do, do not use foul language to any rude remarks. Just take their BS to the face because that improves your chances of having them banned.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

When joining such dungeons, make a screenshot at the start with all the names and guild tags, especially if 2 or more are the same. Do the same after they tell you they sold your spot. That’s evidence leading to an inevitable ban. Tell them that, and that you’d like your spot back. If they don’t give it, send in the screenshots to a.net and have them banned fair and square.

Whatever you do, do not use foul language to any rude remarks. Just take their BS to the face because that improves your chances of having them banned.

Even if you get your spot back send it in, just my opinion but behaviour like that should be stomped on and not let off.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Why is there kicking in dungeons, I just do not understand. It is just begging to be abused. Just remove the kick.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Kick is still needed. Otherwise you get griefed by afk leechers. At least now, you can “only” get griefed by the afk dungeon owner.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Interestingly enough, I don’t think getting kicked out of dungeons by spot sellers happened until the casuals started crying about all of the spot selling. That probably gave the evil people the idea to pug and kick people at the end. I’m really not convinced that it even happens, mainly because it’s always a poorly written story in a forum post or a screenshot that proves nothing followed by loads of complaining about spot selling. Get over it, there is nothing wrong with selling spots.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I think it has happened with people kicking to get guildies in, but spot selling not necessarily. But I’m pretty convinced it’s a really rare practice.

The biggest problem is that I think most of those complaint threads are just sh*tters that got kicked and want to blame someone other than themselves.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

kittenstorm incoming.

Theres nothing wrong with selling slots. Some people solo/duo the paths and then sell, they deserve the extra reward for the time spent. Kicking people to sell their slot is unnacceptable but as has been said it seems like a really rare issue. If it does happen to you, just screenshot the names and report them.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I like to kick people.

Just kidding, I don’t pug.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

“I saw a guy on GW2LFG selling completion slots and I just assumed he kicked the pugs to do it.”

Same old whine thread. I’ve never seen or heard of anyone being kicked from a pug to sell the slots.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Sorry but massive insult to teen players doesn’t mean that they will get better. I am 15 myself, when the game was launched I was 14. I’ve never done something like this, Yes I might have rage quitted a couple of times but I was not payed for it. Your words abuse me and many other like me for nothing, people who are innocent in despicable stuff like this. I do help a lot of players, and have seen some other people do so. Simply asking age before you enter a dungeon won’t get you rid of kittens and kittenheads, this is not Call of Duty!