Path Sellers? now, wow just wow.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Says it’s hurtful to generalize things about teenagers.

Generalizes things about teenagers in another game.

Wut.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Wut.

He’s 15, what did you expect?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Bright.9160

Wut.

He’s 15, what did you expect?

Hey man, it’s hurtful to generalize about teenagers like that.

This isn’t WoW you know, not all teenagers here are idiots.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

You get what you pay for. Since this game doesn’t have a subscription fee, a ton of kids came to play this game since they can actually afford to play it.

I’ve actually had this happen twice to me and the people that kicked me were 12 and 14, and now I ask everyone’s age before I enter a dungeon with them. If they’re below age 16, then I kick them or I just leave if they’re the party leader. Yeah, the community has gotten that bad in this game. That’s what it’s come down to. Heck, even WoW’s community hasn’t ever been this bad before.

Sure, WoW’s community got pretty bad, but I was never exploited for potential gain like I was in this game. They were mean and they threw insults at people, but they were smart enough not to kick people and invite a friend during dungeons to take my place.

This kind of exploitation makes me want to slap people upside their heads, and it needs to be fixed asap.

Sorry but massive insult to teen players doesn’t mean that they will get better. I am 15 myself, when the game was launched I was 14. I’ve never done something like this, Yes I might have rage quitted a couple of times but I was not payed for it. Your words abuse me and many other like me for nothing, people who are innocent in despicable stuff like this. I do help a lot of players, and have seen some other people do so. Simply asking age before you enter a dungeon won’t get you rid of kittens and kittenheads, this is not Call of Duty!

I think you just committed social suicide by admitting you’re 15; if you think people are going to take a complaining child seriously, you’re greatly mistaken.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

You get what you pay for. Since this game doesn’t have a subscription fee, a ton of kids came to play this game since they can actually afford to play it.

I’ve actually had this happen twice to me and the people that kicked me were 12 and 14, and now I ask everyone’s age before I enter a dungeon with them. If they’re below age 16, then I kick them or I just leave if they’re the party leader. Yeah, the community has gotten that bad in this game. That’s what it’s come down to. Heck, even WoW’s community hasn’t ever been this bad before.

Sure, WoW’s community got pretty bad, but I was never exploited for potential gain like I was in this game. They were mean and they threw insults at people, but they were smart enough not to kick people and invite a friend during dungeons to take my place.

This kind of exploitation makes me want to slap people upside their heads, and it needs to be fixed asap.

Sorry but massive insult to teen players doesn’t mean that they will get better. I am 15 myself, when the game was launched I was 14. I’ve never done something like this, Yes I might have rage quitted a couple of times but I was not payed for it. Your words abuse me and many other like me for nothing, people who are innocent in despicable stuff like this. I do help a lot of players, and have seen some other people do so. Simply asking age before you enter a dungeon won’t get you rid of kittens and kittenheads, this is not Call of Duty!

I think you just committed social suicide by admitting you’re 15; if you think people are going to take a complaining child seriously, you’re greatly mistaken.

If he starts crying, they probably will
his point is that you shouldn’t judge someone by their age, read the kitten post colesy, him saying he’s 15 isn’t for people to take him seriously or to brag about, it’s to show that there are many teens that don’t do this.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

^ unfortunately, that poster you quoted does have a point. It’s impossible to determine what each and person would do or be like to dungeon with, and thus there has to be some sort of a generalised filter.

Yes, you might not kick people for spots to sell, but behaviour like that does happen more often with teens, making age an effective filter.

Bright.9160

^ unfortunately, that poster you quoted does have a point. It’s impossible to determine what each and person would do or be like to dungeon with, and thus there has to be some sort of a generalised filter.

Yes, you might not kick people for spots to sell, but behaviour like that does happen more often with teens, making age an effective filter.

Citation needed

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m 13 and I never kick people.

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

just saw a P3 sold for 7 gold. I was like: OMG even P3 is selling now

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

People seriously buy p3?

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Bright.9160

People seriously buy p3?

Dude, I got payed kittened amounts of money in GW1 selling Mallyx runs… I mean, I made 10e/mallyx run. Which took me like 10 minutes to do. Too bad you couldn’t spam those or I would’ve made more than doing DoA.

After most of our 5man runs, there was usually at least 1 guy that needed Mallyx too, so on top of the like 20e I made doing a full 5man (including drops), I usually ran some scrub through there as well.

Players with money are lazy. Bad players with money are even lazier.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

just note, never run dungeons with filthy rich people, they are up to something. Join a guild, a big guild to ask for dungeons and mostly run with friends. I hate that kind of people.

How do you know they weren’t dirt poor trying to make a quick buck? Sounds like the more likely scenario.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

OP, sorry to hear, that’s despicable. : (
Who would pay someone to run a dungeon path? Especially p3, which isn’t even that big of a deal. It’s a game, so go out and play it.
It’s just sad, but I guess guilds/buddies are always a much safer way to run this time consuming content.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Interestingly enough, I don’t think getting kicked out of dungeons by spot sellers happened until the casuals started crying about all of the spot selling. That probably gave the evil people the idea to pug and kick people at the end. I’m really not convinced that it even happens, mainly because it’s always a poorly written story in a forum post or a screenshot that proves nothing followed by loads of complaining about spot selling. Get over it, there is nothing wrong with selling spots.

It also gave the bad players an excuse to explain why they got kicked. I’m sure many a time they were kicked for an entirely different reason… hmm I wonder what that could be…

But I was using my misfire wolf and apothecary set and everything!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

yeah most of these stories can be safely filed under thatdidnthappen.txt

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Citation needed

You won’t get any.

Honestly, the childish sentiment displayed by so called adults is hilarious. I think they’re worse then the teenagers they pick on. I mean, at least the later has an excuse. Not to mention the silliness of asking someone’s age online— if someone’s going to be not delightful, would you really get a honest response?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I think I found the gem buying community when I started selling slots. One guy wants to buy p4 for 40g, better get off my kitten and learn how to do that path xD

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I think I found the gem buying community when I started selling slots. One guy wants to buy p4 for 40g, better get off my kitten and learn how to do that path xD

Ooooooh lordy.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

This is a perfect reason not to do dungeons anymore, or really play the game..

Once they nerf frostgorge i’ll probably take another extended break.

Same but in wvsw

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I saw these things pop up in LFG yesterday and I was wondering how they did this solo or with 2 players.

And now I know, more of my naivety is swatted away.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

A lot of them exploits every single boss in path 2 but some sellers (me for instance) are legit.

Bright.9160

A lot of them exploits every single boss in path 2 but some sellers (me for instance) are legit.

TIL ranging Belka and glitching Alphard is legit…

haviz.1340

Sorry for the confusion but I meant 2-3 manning path4. Path 2 has way too much competition.

On the side note, why did you pick those 2 bosses?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

You don’t glitch alphard, it’s just a kittened boss mechanic that allows you to do the fight without much risk. Anyone who ever tried doing tgis boss legit either ended up pulling him out of range so he doesn’t daggerstorm (exploit), tried meleeing him and bugged him (exploit) or ranges him (tends to exploit too). Or you use one of those endless safespots (obviously exploit).
And Belka: well yeah, it might be impossible to solo this boss full melee as warrior without going ooc to regen health once in a while.

Dub | [rT]

Bright.9160

Sorry for the confusion but I meant 2-3 manning path4. Path 2 has way too much competition.

On the side note, why did you pick those 2 bosses?

You’re doing full 2-3 man path 4’s, killing all of the bosses? While having the knowledge (which I know you do) to do it 3 times faster?

Sorry, but I’m having a hard time believing that..

Not that I’m judging you, I use that knowledge as well, because screw Melandru. Just don’t go around calling it full legit if it ain’t.

I picked those 2 because I know many people that want to do p2 legit don’t glitch abo because it’s a fun fight and I know you’ll always kill lupi. I don’t know any way to glitch/have the need to glitch Brie.

(edited by Bright.9160)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Solo’ing Belka and Alphard legit isn’t too hard, just tedious.

haviz.1340

You’re doing full 2-3 man path 4’s, killing all of the bosses? While having the knowledge (which I know you do) to do it 3 times faster?

Sorry, but I’m having a hard time believing that..

Not that I’m judging you, I use that knowledge as well, because screw Melandru. Just don’t go around calling it full legit if it ain’t.

I picked those 2 because I know many people that want to do p2 legit don’t glitch abo because it’s a fun fight and I know you’ll always kill lupi. I don’t know any way to glitch/have the need to glitch Brie.

First boss is really fun to fight.

Bright.9160

First boss is really fun to fight.

I’ll give you that, but that still didn’t answer my question. I can imagine that you’d skip Melandru and Lyssa if given the chance (which you have). Not that Lyssa is such a bad boss, but I don’t know about the sequencing between the two of them, and screw Melandru.

Dub.1273

It’s haviz.

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I think they made Melandru worse again because I don’t ever recall trees taking 30% of your health when they spawn. The Gorillas were a pretty terrible change to the fight, and I guess that was just a lazy work-around for his Defiant stacks being broken. That boss could really use a complete revamp, because it sure seems like the intended mechanic is to range him from a corner.

Brazil

Dub.1273

Or to dash his head with fruits.

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

He’s a plant, he likes his fruit. It makes him stand still and be happy.

Brazil

Dub.1273

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Brazil

Dub.1273

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

There are people that like plants, and then there are people that like plants.

Brazil

Bright.9160

What I always wondered about Melandru… Can’t you melee him from the little well in the middle of the room where all the green things end up in? I never tried it, but by the looks of it, the middle of the well is in melee range, and it would make some sense.

The only thing you’ll have to dodge is his AoE attack, which isn’t too hard.

What’s that thing about adding Gorilla’s to the fight?

I haven’t done p4 legit in a while…

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

What I always wondered about Melandru… Can’t you melee him from the little well in the middle of the room where all the green things end up in? I never tried it, but by the looks of it, the middle of the well is in melee range, and it would make some sense.

The only thing you’ll have to dodge is his AoE attack, which isn’t too hard.

What’s that thing about adding Gorilla’s to the fight?

I haven’t done p4 legit in a while…

The green things go into the well. That was the first place we tried. You also won’t have enough dodges for his knockdown attack, and if you dodge, you dodge into the green things. The gorillas respawn about every 30 seconds or so, maybe a bit longer, and they come to wherever you are standing in the room. He is not affected by Defiant, sort of like Bjarl the Rampager, so you can coordinate knockdowns etc with your group, but it requires you to stand in a spot where you won’t get hit by the green things. It’s a poorly designed fight all around, and I think the first thing that could be done to improve the fight would be to make the trees that spawn the green things destructible. They could respawn, it wouldn’t matter, but that is a change that really needs to be made. It’s not an impossible fight to do in melee, but it’s probably the hardest and most unnecessarily complicated fights in all of Guild Wars 2. Not to mention that all of the mechanics aside from the recently added gorillas can be completely ignored if you range him from a corner.

Brazil