Pathetic.

Pathetic.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

Joined a group on my alt account (856 achievement points) and I was kicked instantly for being new to the game. I’m not new, this is my second account. First one has over 5k points. Sick of people being like this in game, it’s actually pathetic and ruins the game.

Edit: Adding some info about why this annoyed me. I was kicked instantly, not judged by gear they were from another server. I was kicked only for points, not even time to say anything.

[TA] necro

(edited by CharlieBear.2741)

Pathetic.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Yeah, it’s something that you will need to deal with. There’s a lot of good and friendly players in this game, tbh, this MMO has one of the best community i’ve ever seen. But there’s also the kittens too.

Pathetic.

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Well, did you at least tell them it was a secondary account?
….Why do you have a secondary account?

Pathetic.

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

I think buying second game for second account is cheaper than buying additional 5 slots

Pathetic.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Brace yourself, this is just the start of the idiotic pugs you are gonna come across.. it only gets worse from here on out.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Pathetic.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

….Why do you have a secondary account?

I have two accounts, one for EU and one for NA. Not sure why this guy does, but I felt like maybe you’d appreciate some insight into why people may have two accounts :p

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Pathetic.

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

There is nothing conflicting in say, I acknowledge low achievement points players may be very skill and not willing to take chances with low points players. What do you think is more probable? A player have low achievement point because he/she is actually new, or he/she has a 5k point account laying around but are just playing on this one for whatever reason.

Points is just another imperfect measure of skill and experience that people uses, don’t hate it, it says something but not everything. Pugging isn’t always smooth, if you can’t even resolve such trivial things you are going to have a hard time doing random pugs all the time and perhaps it’s just not for you.

[PLUM] – SOR

Pathetic.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Heyyyy, look. Another “I got kicked” thread.
I thought you had the right to choose your party members to play with… I guess I live in Ponyland.

Pathetic.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Barely ANY of the “achievement” points you can get in this game, come from Dungeons … and almost none of the OTHER content that gives them, is anything like the Dungeons either. Now maybe if someone got most of theirs from high level PvP, that’d be a different story but you can’t see that level of detail anyway so it doesn’t matter.

Question for the OP though:
Was this a real dungeon group you were kicked from, or that stupid gold Farm that doesn’t even belong in this forum??

Pathetic.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

1- why make a second account?
2- achievement points do make a difference in skill, but not that much difference, I think people should be judged by their gear, someone with a fractal GS and full arah set is definitely better than someone with a AC GS and cof full set, doesn’t matter the achievement points

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Pathetic.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

people should be judged by their gear, someone with a fractal GS and full arah set is definitely better than someone with a AC GS and cof full set, doesn’t matter the achievement points

And yet you might be wrong here.
1. A person with full Arah set can still do very badly in let’s say CoE because maybe they never ran it.
2. A person could have bought the spaces needed. It’s not uncommon to pay a few G just to join at the end of the dungeon and collect the reward.
3. Some people might have ran all the dungeons but selected an armor set for looks or stats.
Really the only way to judge a person is to start the run with him and then adding the good pug people to your friends list for further runs.

Pathetic.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Really the only way to judge a person is to start the run with him and then adding the good pug people to your friends list for further runs.

Quoted for truth.

Did CoE and this elementalist was wiping left and right. One of the other members was like, “Um, I guess you’ve never done CoE before…”
To which the ele retorted, “I’ve got the Dungeon Master title equipped”

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Pathetic.

Bismuth.3165

Quoted for truth.

Did CoE and this elementalist was wiping left and right. One of the other members was like, “Um, I guess you’ve never done CoE before…”
To which the ele retorted, “I’ve got the Dungeon Master title equipped”

I’m an ele with the dungeon master title, incase I ever play a dungeon that I forgot how to do it, or I don’t know how to do it, I like to inform people of that, even though there is a risk of me getting kicked, atleast I don’t annoy the poop out of them
@mirta
truer words have never been spoken

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

1- why make a second account?
2- achievement points do make a difference in skill, but not that much difference, I think people should be judged by their gear, someone with a fractal GS and full arah set is definitely better than someone with a AC GS and cof full set, doesn’t matter the achievement points

1. NA and EU.

2. I was kicked instantly. 3 Seconds after joining. Not judged by gear, Only by points.

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I think people should be judged by their gear, someone with a fractal GS and full arah set is definitely better than someone with a AC GS and cof full set, doesn’t matter the achievement points

I could easily afford an Arah GS, but use an AC one because I like it more. My armor is transmuted to the first gem shop set that came out. Am I terribad?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Pathetic.

Bismuth.3165

I think people should be judged by their gear, someone with a fractal GS and full arah set is definitely better than someone with a AC GS and cof full set, doesn’t matter the achievement points

I could easily afford an Arah GS, but use an AC one because I like it more. My armor is transmuted to the first gem shop set that came out. Am I terribad?

I don’t tell people they’re bad, nor do I kick them, I treat people equally, but an arah set makes a better first impression than a cof set, besides, I agreed with mirta, I admitted I was mistaken, the only reason I didn’t delete my comment is because it’s going to make mirta look like an idiot, seriously, why do you have to hate on everything?

Pathetic.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’m not hating on anything, chill. Didn’t mean to sound rude or anything and didn’t see your second post, apologies.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Pathetic.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Because 9/10 times low achievement points means they are terrible? The effect multiplies tenfold if you’re using a Ranger. A ranger must have at least 4000 achievement points to not get insta-kicked when I’m in a rush, and I consider that to be pretty lenient considering how useless rangers are.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

Because 9/10 times low achievement points means they are terrible? The effect multiplies tenfold if you’re using a Ranger. A ranger must have at least 4000 achievement points to not get insta-kicked when I’m in a rush, and I consider that to be pretty lenient considering how useless rangers are.

You’re not considerate enough to give them a chance? I find that quite ignorant.

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

You’re not considerate enough to give them a chance? I find that quite ignorant.

The best ranger is still on a crappy class, but if they’ve stuck with it that long into the game they’re either too ignorant about PvE mechanics to know how badly they suck or they just don’t care and want the team to carry them. Either way, kick.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Pathetic.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

When a full zerk ranger does basically zero dps, no they’re not worth considering.

Can we stop this “give everyone a chance” idea when it comes to speed runs? Some classes just do not work in speed runs, just accept it.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Pathetic.

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Kicking people because of achievement points is silly.

Pathetic.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Isn’t it against TOS to have more than 1 account?

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

When a full zerk ranger does basically zero dps, no they’re not worth considering.

Can we stop this “give everyone a chance” idea when it comes to speed runs? Some classes just do not work in speed runs, just accept it.

Why have we brought speed runs into this? If you read the original post I don’t say i’m a ranger and I don’t say I joined a speedrun.

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

Isn’t it against TOS to have more than 1 account?

If it is then it’s stupid. They’re saying, we only want you to buy the game once, do it again and we’ll ban you! We don’t want your money!

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Because 9/10 times low achievement points means they are terrible?”

Yeah and you were terrible once and perhaps you appreciated the guys who didn’t boot you from groups on sight.

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

“Because 9/10 times low achievement points means they are terrible?”

Yeah and you were terrible once and perhaps you appreciated the guys who didn’t boot you from groups on sight.

thank you good sir.

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

When I was terrible I ran with other terrible people and then learned how to not be terrible before joining up with other groups that would be carrying me the whole way.

“LFG for xxxxx, newcomers welcome, casual run.” will get you precisely the kind of party you want.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

When I was terrible I ran with other terrible people and then learned how to not be terrible before joining up with other groups that would be carrying me the whole way.

“LFG for xxxxx, newcomers welcome, casual run.” will get you precisely the kind of party you want.

Dude I know what i’m looking for. Why does everyone assume I was joining a speedrun? It was HOTW p1 not kittening CoF p1. It said LF3M Path 1, and that was it. I’m complaining that people shouldn’t be judging people just by achivement points in any case whatsoever. What if I did want to speedrun but I cant because “My achievement points aren’t high enough” okay, so I’m unable to buy and equip zerker armor and know how to do a dungeon because I have under 1k achievement points? No I didn’t think so.

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

Posted by: Stonecaduceus.5638

Stonecaduceus.5638

Let’s see I have 2 hours/day to play. I want to do a dungeon and be successful and not waste all that time showing people how to do things.
Hmm do I take a bunch of people that have low chieve points and hope that they’re just playing their second account, or take people with high points and have a better chance they’ve run the dungeon before.
Are achievement points perfect? Nope. Can they be an indicator that someone has a higher chance of knowing what they are doing? Yep.
Get over it. You should be getting points on your second account rather than posting on the forums.

80 Guardian/Elementalist/Warrior
Wurm’s Bane
Jade Quarry

Pathetic.

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I did join a group today that did filter by achievement points (7000+) for Aetherblade Retreat achievements. I hate to admit it, but it went faster, smoother, and better, getting all of them done in a single go.

I generally try to play with players of all shapes and sizes, but will resort to this if I really do want to get something done. I don’t personally take issue with the concept, so long as it’s explicitly stated and doesn’t come in the form of some mid-dungeon kick.

In general, just try to find another group that takes everyone. In my experience, the vast majority of groups do so. Don’t sweat a kick I once got a boot for having “magic find gear” on (…I use ascended celestial on my ele…). Shrug it off and move on!

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

Let’s see I have 2 hours/day to play. I want to do a dungeon and be successful and not waste all that time showing people how to do things.
Hmm do I take a bunch of people that have low chieve points and hope that they’re just playing their second account, or take people with high points and have a better chance they’ve run the dungeon before.
Are achievement points perfect? Nope. Can they be an indicator that someone has a higher chance of knowing what they are doing? Yep.
Get over it. You should be getting points on your second account rather than posting on the forums.

I’m not going to focus on getting achievement points on something just to do a dungeon. I just think it’s pathetic how the game is getting to a point where you need to have played it long enough and have achievement points to do a simple dungeon path. You don’t want to show people how to do dungeons? How do most people learn a dungeon? From other people. Players like you are people who drive people away from this game, to ignorant to ‘waste’ 5-15mins telling someone how to do something?

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

CharlieBear.2741

I did join a group today that did filter by achievement points (7000+) for Aetherblade Retreat achievements. I hate to admit it, but it went faster, smoother, and better, getting all of them done in a single go.

I generally try to play with players of all shapes and sizes, but will resort to this if I really do want to get something done. I don’t personally take issue with the concept, so long as it’s explicitly stated and doesn’t come in the form of some mid-dungeon kick.

In general, just try to find another group that takes everyone. In my experience, the vast majority of groups do so. Don’t sweat a kick I once got a boot for having “magic find gear” on (…I use ascended celestial on my ele…). Shrug it off and move on!

Maybe I agree with your filter because you were a group getting the achievements of the dungeon, but i really want to get my HOTW gear but I cannot because i’m being kicked all the time, so you should see why i’m getting the point where i’m posting on the forums. Also like i’ve expressed many times on this thread this group didn’t have any criteria, that’s why it’s annoyed me so much, too many people on this game are doing this and it’s ruining the game. Looking at the replies of some people in this thread it looks like that is what this game is turning into and just going to have to deal with it, feels abit like WoW…

[TA] necro

Pathetic.

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Maybe I agree with your filter because you were a group getting the achievements of the dungeon, but i really want to get my HOTW gear but I cannot because i’m being kicked all the time, so you should see why i’m getting the point where i’m posting on the forums. Also like i’ve expressed many times on this thread this group didn’t have any criteria, that’s why it’s annoyed me so much, too many people on this game are doing this and it’s ruining the game. Looking at the replies of some people in this thread it looks like that is what this game is turning into and just going to have to deal with it, feels abit like WoW…

Ultimately, you’ll find it difficult to propose a solution to this.

Going on the internet and telling everyone “stop acting like jerks” isn’t going to yield great results. Filtering is completely legitimate (people should have a right to play with who they want), and you’ll be hard pressed to find a valid reason to make ANet act on this. Hopefully this thread gave you a good vent, and you’ll feel better in the morning.

This game has a long way to go to get to WoW status. From what I can see, most groups are still very open to taking everyone.

My suggestions if you’re still having trouble might be to make your own party. Be friendly and explain that you’re an experienced player on a new account to incoming party members. Link your gear when you join parties! I hate requiring this, but it may help for you. You mentioned you did have proper end-game gear. Groups are usually not THAT fast on the kick button that you can’t get a proper explanation off.

Last but not least, find a PvE guild to play with. Getting a regular set of running buddies will eliminate this problem altogether. I suggested this last because not everyone is fond of the guild structure. This may or may not appeal to you.

Don’t take kicks personally. You don’t know them, they don’t know you, it’s not even worth the anger. You’ll find what you’re looking for. Good luck!!

(edited by LFk.1408)

Pathetic.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Honestly as a Zerker Warrior with essentially the flavour of the month build, even I have trouble getting into HotW, that place is a wasteland. In the time it takes just to get a group I could have done CoF numerous times…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Pathetic.

Mirta.5029

“Go and do a bunch of jumping puzzles or else you’re not good enough for a dungeon run!”

Pathetic.

Bismuth.3165

“Go and do a bunch of jumping puzzles or else you’re not good enough for a dungeon run!”

If you have the dungeon master, you do get a lot of achievement points from dungeons, a lot of people seem to be disregarding that fact

Pathetic.

Mirta.5029

If you have the dungeon master, you do get a lot of achievement points from dungeons, a lot of people seem to be disregarding that fact

I have 5K achievement points. Most of them did not come from dungeons, therefore saying that you won’t take someone until they have more achievement points is silly. Zone exploration, killing a bunch of mobs, doing all the jumping puzzles and BAM suddenly you’re dungeon material?

Pathetic.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

It’s not the best way, but it’s still one of the ways to try and filter out bad players.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Pathetic.

Bismuth.3165

I have 5K achievement points. Most of them did not come from dungeons, therefore saying that you won’t take someone until they have more achievement points is silly. Zone exploration, killing a bunch of mobs, doing all the jumping puzzles and BAM suddenly you’re dungeon material?

You have 5k achievement points, I have 4.5k achievement points, we both don’t mind people with low achievement points to join us in dungeons, why are we even having this argument?

Pathetic.

Posted by: ArtC.1827

ArtC.1827

I have been trying to get a few HotW armor pieces for my ranger lately. Frankly, I’m at the point where I’m just going to run it on my warrior, as even if it means more runs I’m less likely to be kicked and definitely completing the last boss in a 1/3 of the time my ranger would take. That being said, even the Ranger has had a couple successful runs lately. I’m sorry to hear you got unlucky with a PuG group, but you can see how the game isn’t ruined by other people’s bad attitudes.

King of YARR
“Stealth in WvW is OP.
Plz Anet, nerf Skelk.”

Pathetic.

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Keep calm and keep pugging. Don’t let idiots get you down.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Pathetic.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

I am a proponent of running with new players but even I like a run that goes quickly and smoothly once in a while. Sometimes it is nice when I am the one who sucks then I know that I am in a good group and I learn some stuff.

Pathetic.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Doing our good deed for the day. I don’t see why people should care so much about other players unless you’re in a hurry. If you’re a good player you can carry others that perhaps aren’t built as efficiently as they could be, look at it as practice!

Attachments:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Pathetic.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Doing our good deed for the day. I don’t see why people should care so much about other players unless you’re in a hurry. If you’re a good player you can carry others that perhaps aren’t built as efficiently as they could be, look at it as practice!

Totally true!

\||||||/
O°v°O

Pathetic.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Get over it. They did you a favor, saved you time from playing w/ kittens

RIP in peace Robert