People kicking you from FoTM at the maw...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

It is really sad when people remove you from the group in a FoTM run just as you get to the maw and for unworthy reasons. We were running the fractals one by one, no problems, got to the maw, and then they booted me. (they being random people, a pug, I put together, no one knew each other)

Have some people got to the point were they have no respect for their fellow players online in which they dont care about the time you are using to have fun? I dont know why those others in the group felt the need to remove me at the very last part and for no reason, but really, are some so quick to just click a remove button they dont even care?

Not much you can do about people acting like fools or what not, but man, it sure sucks when you get that far only to be removed by the others in the group and there really being no way of preventing people from doing so. WTB my one hour of life back… lol :P

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I had a fear of such things happening. Especially when I was running fractals with 4 people from the server we were against in WvW. Lol.

Never thought it would actually happen.

Sorry for your time. I hope no one will experience this again.

But by making it public, you actually gave some people a new idea to grief and troll. >_>

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

sorry to hear, but i have booted people from fotm multiple times. why though? A i dont mind if you have no or too little agony resist but a few i’ve seen not only have no resist but are using magic find set or omega glass cannon then argue about it even though they constantly die to agony and non agony related attacks, and it basically becomes a 4man fractal. the other would be if someone is just overly aggressive to group members for no reason, or for a tiny mistake.

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

Excessive kicking is problem of the community and always will be. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. Usually casual players suffer from this.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Never had this happening even with gw2lfg.com groups. Noone even kicks me for playing fractals 30+ with no agony resist.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Needs to be a 3/5 majority to kick in my opinion.

Initiating a kick vote within a dungeon should also have a cool down.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: BRAiNZ.7480

BRAiNZ.7480

You should report people for that.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

This. I believe in some similar thread one of Anet guys said that this is reportable offense, but I’m too lazy to search for it.
So I would go and report them.

Related question: Didn’t Anet change how kicking in an instance work – As soon as you kick someone inside an instance, it boots everyone or does that apply only for “group leader”?

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

This. I believe in some similar thread one of Anet guys said that this is reportable offense, but I’m too lazy to search for it.

Related question: Didn’t Anet change how kicking in an instance work – As soon as you kick someone inside an instance, it boots everyone or does that apply only for “group leader”?

It only applies if you leave the party and are instance owner. It doesn’t affect kicks.

Posted by: CaptainOok.1048

CaptainOok.1048

OP do you know for sure that the group kicked you? It might be just that the instance creator disconnected or just left cause he found something better to do…
The instance system is so flimsy that there are many ways to waste your time.

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Considering everyone is a pug, I find it hard to believe that TWO or MORE of them would support kicking you for no good reason…

Did anyone at all voice ANY concerns / make a negative point about you prior to getting kicked throughout the instance? Of course, they may have even been whispering about you behind your back. EDIT: Even “small things” like getting downed a lot, having no agony resist, excessively afking can irriate some people…

I fear there is more to ActionCat’s story compared with what we know so far.

Likewise, if players do get reported for kicking, then I hope Arenanet looks at both sides of the case before disciplining naughty people.

(edited by HeeHee.5208)

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

It only applies if you leave the party and are instance owner. It doesn’t affect kicks.

Ah. Thought it was for kicks. Thanks.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Never had this happening even with gw2lfg.com groups. Noone even kicks me for playing fractals 30+ with no agony resist.

I have a hard time believing this, agony at level 30 completely destroys players without agony resist.

Posted by: Heliox.8632

Heliox.8632

I have a hard time believing this, agony at level 30 completely destroys players without agony resist.

I’d take a person who can dodge agony all day everyday with 0 resist than a person who eats every agony hit with 10-20 agony resist.

On topic: Nobody gets kicked for no reason. They either had a problem with your performance / attitude / lack of cooperation or a combination of sorts. Yes its a dick move to do it right before you complete jade maw, but it certainly isnt as innocent as every one of these threads make it out to be.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I’ve only kicked someone once, and it was near the end of the third fractal, because they randomly announced that they were running with full rare magic find gear.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I bet they do it just for kicks.

Posted by: mille.9867

mille.9867

Happened to me once.
I was in a group at maw and someone voted to kick another player near the end
(i dont know why… was a solid group and we were doing fine).
And kicking at end is sure from someone really *********
I was starting to type in chat to not kick but was already too late.
Someone accepted the kick and guess what? the guy kicked was the party leader.
We found ourselves at lions’ arch
more than 1 hour wasted

Since that i didnt run fractals anymore.

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

This is why I do my dailies with friends.
And this is why I rather do 22,24 or 32,34 dailies. Lvl 20, 30 dailies r just farmers.

Posted by: Xolotl.5812

Xolotl.5812

i have kicked ppl also and its allways for a reason

first dont be an idiot and start telling ppl off
second if your in a progress group dont use magic find gear
if your in a low lvl group and use magic find gear and get kicked dont complain i got kicked from 1 low lvl group i think it was 30s becouse i used magic find gear i dont say anything just got another group and finished it

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Sounds like the OP was doing some thing to tick the other people in the party off. Seeing as they were randoms and no one knew each other.

The only thing to have ever kicked me out of a fractal is Anet’s random game crashes that they need to fix in fractals.

Posted by: zerotenshigg.3756

zerotenshigg.3756

What’s wrong with using a rare MF set?

I used it in Fotm 1-3 when I was just farming for a vial, and every time I’d say,
“So um, I’m framing for a vial, so don’t mind me if I pull too much aggro and get downed”
Which never happened to me. And the other members (ragtag team from LA) wouldn’t mind. I once even told one group that I was making pizza and I was gonna be afk for the second level. They still didn’t care.
I fell off the map two times with the hammer, and they still didn’t care, albeit, they didn’t let me carry the hammer anymore :c

It really just depends on your group. I find that if you start talking to your party first, they’ll open up and chit chat back and won’t really care for 1 or 2 slip ups.

As for the science, it may be negative. However, do not forget
The thing that there is a scientific side in all the one.
The important one is true. Of me the ruler of my fate, and me also the commander of my soul.

(edited by zerotenshigg.3756)

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

What’s wrong with using a rare MF set?

I used it in Fotm 1-3 when I was just farming for a vial, and every time I’d say,
“So um, I’m framing for a vial, so don’t mind me if I pull too much aggro and get downed”
Which never happened to me. And the other members (ragtag team from LA) wouldn’t mind. I once even told one group that I was making pizza and I was gonna be afk for the second level. They still didn’t care.
I fell off the map two times with the hammer, and they still didn’t care, albeit, they didn’t let me carry the hammer anymore :c

It really just depends on your group. I find that if you start talking to your party first, they’ll open up and chit chat back and won’t really care for 1 or 2 slip ups.

This is the correct way to play the game if you do tend to not play like elitist scum

I’ve only kicked someone once, and it was near the end of the third fractal, because they randomly announced that they were running with full rare magic find gear.

Total unfair dick move on your part mate, MF rare does not make someone a bad player. Could he play? Was he surviving? Contributing to the group? This game is not gear based no matter how technical you may get about it; if you can play then you can play and it does not matter what you wear.

I bet they do it just for kicks.

HA! Thanks for the laugh ref

Very rarely do I see a kick unless for dc or prolonged afk. This game is much better than wow for not having pointless kicks imo. Only one gw2 kick stands out where half way thru the dungeon the party creator decided he wanted a guardian and some poor player gets randomly kicked as a result. But he was the one who created the party so its his show imo. Just saying imo its not a huge problem.

If a party leader decides half way for NO reason that he wants a guardian and kicks a player then he is a kitten and if the party is not working with it’s current set up then it is the leaders fault for not planning better for the dungeon he was setting up. I have run dungeons with 3 necros, a ranger, a warrior and mopped the dungeon easily. If players can play then it does not matter what profession they are and if I was to kick one of the necros half way through because I wanted a guardian then I would be a dick too.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”