People selling Arah paths

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Flexismon.6509

Flexismon.6509

Today I found party for Arah p2 in lfg, 3 from the same guild, me and other guy, so after going all the trouble to finish the path, me and the other guy get kick out of the party at last boss, and 2 of the guys from this guild were selling the path in LFG, that´s horrible. Really? scaming people for gold? and people getting easy tokens?. thats why we have rewards on pvp track, but selling arah paths is giving people12-45 easy gold :/, obvious exploit/scam/watheveryoucallit. Get skilled and get a good party to do the dungeon – or be good at pvp, but stop this habit.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

B. I. N. G. O!!
Waited quite a while!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

They should stop selling paths. Will they? No, because people are buying the paths.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Write a ticket and report exactly what happened (with time and date). Anet are usually very strickt when it comes to this sort of behavior.

Those 2 will not have a long time to enjoy their gold.

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

I think when they read this thread they’re gonna feel so bad they will come and apologize to you.

When ppl do any path solo/duo/trio and want to sell it, more power to them. This is legit bussiness.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Reminds me of yesterday’s Arah P4. I’m pretty sure that total damage dealt to bosses from one player was less than 10k since he always ran somewhere and got killed. We finally had to kick him at Simin after spending ~5 minutes watching him to kill a spark.

Obviously we sold his spot to get something out of this misery.

Cyninja.2954

I think when they read this thread they’re gonna feel so bad they will come and apologize to you.

When ppl do any path solo/duo/trio and want to sell it, more power to them. This is legit bussiness.

Doubtful, but getting time banned or perma banned will certainly do the trick.

I agree on it being a legitimate business. Completing a difficult task and charging someone else for it has been a common practice since GW1.

Cyninja.2954

Reminds me of yesterday’s Arah P4. I’m pretty sure that total damage dealt to bosses from one player was less than 10k since he always ran somewhere and got killed. We finally had to kick him at Simin after spending ~5 minutes watching him to kill a spark.

Obviously we sold his spot to get something out of this misery.

Luckily Anet has logs they can fact check and if that indeed is the case they might be lenient. Still I certainly wouldn’t risk my account for 1-2 measily gold which I could farm in 10-20 minutes.

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

I agree on it being a legitimate business. Completing a difficult task and charging someone else for it has been a common practice since GW1.

I’ve never seen any scammer banned in this game

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

and people getting easy tokens?. thats why we have rewards on pvp track, but selling arah paths is giving people12-45 easy gold :/, obvious exploit/scam/watheveryoucallit. Get skilled and get a good party to do the dungeon – or be good at pvp, but stop this habit.

You got scammed by the 3 peoples when they kicked you at the end of the dungeons. But selling a path by yourself isn’t an exploit/scame/watheryoucallit. It’s a legit service that Anet already statued on.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Kind of opposite to what the OP is talking about, but equally as annoying, is when you legitimately solo/duo a path, try to sell it to willing customers and have your instance hijacked by some insane people on a high horse. Relatively new to the selling game with my duo partner, but we quickly learned our lesson and will be using a friendly placeholder in our party from now on. :/

Cyninja.2954

Kind of opposite to what the OP is talking about, but equally as annoying, is when you legitimately solo/duo a path, try to sell it to willing customers and have your instance hijacked by some insane people on a high horse. Relatively new to the selling game with my duo partner, but we quickly learned our lesson and will be using a friendly placeholder in our party from now on. :/

Just as with getting kicked at the end of a run I’d report this. This behavior is just as toxic as the first.

Unless you exploited (not framing, just saying) in which case I’d refrain from reporting since you might not want to draw attention.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

They ban scammers all the time.

In order for it to be a scam there has to be an in-game way to check it (chat logs, etc.). If you feel you got scammed by someone but there was no evidence of a scam, then they can’t take action.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Just as with getting kicked at the end of a run I’d report this. This behavior is just as toxic as the first.

Unless you exploited (not framing, just saying) in which case I’d refrain from reporting since you might not want to draw attention.

I did say “legitimately” in my post. We started duoing together for the challenge and fun. And we did report both groups that have done this – really nice that player info stays in chat after a kick now. One didn’t succeed in their attempt since they didn’t execute their plan very well (don’t want to state what they did wrong to give anyone else ideas) but last night was so odd. They merged with us and proceeded to bully and threaten to kick us if we didn’t allow for them to port over and fight the boss, for free. They staged it as a stick-up basically, which was hilarious because the money isn’t that important. They kicked my partner and told me I better play nice if I don’t want the same! I lol’d and left. It would be nice if they suffered some consequences but I heard it’s unlikely. It’s a risk to post but now we know what to do to prevent it in the future.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

A-Net is constantly reviewing, banning, and closing accounts non-stop. As long as scamming exists, banning will exist. The process may be slow, but that is because of the sheer volume of reports that have to be reviewed thoroughly before acting upon them.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Today I found party for Arah p2 in lfg, 3 from the same guild, me and other guy, so after going all the trouble to finish the path, me and the other guy get kick out of the party at last boss, and 2 of the guys from this guild were selling the path in LFG, that´s horrible. Really? scaming people for gold? and people getting easy tokens?. thats why we have rewards on pvp track, but selling arah paths is giving people12-45 easy gold :/, obvious exploit/scam/watheveryoucallit. Get skilled and get a good party to do the dungeon – or be good at pvp, but stop this habit.

There’s a guy doing this for two, maybe three years now. Looking at this past history, don’t expect any action.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

If a path is soloed/duoed/thrioed i don’t mind it being it sold.If a path is stolen by kicking and then sold that deserves a ban.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

Report those kittens! Send a support ticket to Anet. If you screenshot being kicked from the party (you should in instances like this) try to send that as well.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The only thing that needs to stop is the ridiculously inflated seller prices. I used to sell P2 for 3.26g, now I see people in LFG selling it for like 8g. That’ s kittening kittened and anyone who enables selling at that price deserves to be scammed out of his money.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

As long as people are willing to pay that price then it isn’t ridiculously inflated. Supply & demand. If you feel so strongly about it then go undercut them.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The 3g price in the past was the stupid price. Especially as it was mostly caused by lupi skippers and underwater heroes. 8g is fair considering legit alphard and how painful brie is these days to solo. Not to mention the overall time to solo P2 and sell. personally I wouldnt sell for any less than 5g for it to be worth my time and effort.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Master Spoj, can you carry me through Arah like the good old days when I was a PHIW scrub?

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The 3g price in the past was the stupid price. Especially as it was mostly caused by lupi skippers and underwater heroes. 8g is fair considering legit alphard and how painful brie is these days to solo. Not to mention the overall time to solo P2 and sell. personally I wouldnt sell for any less than 5g for it to be worth my time and effort.

It’s not really THAT much harder than before unless you count the Lupi skip. Belka and Abom are harder I guess and I’m actually not even sure how Brie works solo now, but Lupi is easier than ever now and Alphard was always easy enough to do legit with a mesmer even without any LOS gimmicks.

If anything cause a price hike it was probably the kickers/reporters (that’s why I don’t sell anymore).

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I used to sell for 3g and still had to wait for 10+mins for it to fill, combine with the chance of getting kicked, they really sealed the deal for me to never sell again.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Alphard has some major reset bugs going on. And with brie you actually have to clear a load of waves of mobs before you can afk. The path is annoying as hell to solo now. And with selling being risky and slow to fill groups. I find it more unreasonable to expect people to sell for such low prices.

And yeah i stopped selling arah p2 way back then because of the skippers dropping the price and it taking so long to fill. Went for p4 for a while but it got to be such a competative market that i got fed up waiting longer for buyers than it actually took to duo the path. That plus the prices started dropping to 12g. Stopped selling arah because it really wasnt worth the time. Tried selling TA Forward. Got griefed. Quit selling for good.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

kitten, that post was supposed to go in the General Chat LMAO

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: BlackRose.3578

BlackRose.3578

Write a ticket and report exactly what happened (with time and date). Anet are usually very strickt when it comes to this sort of behavior.

Those 2 will not have a long time to enjoy their gold.

You think so ?:D Trust me nothing is going to happen those scammers. It has happened to me alot and i send tons of videos, screenshots etc. Those people who kicked me from the party are still playing and still doing the same thing .NOTHING is going to happen because anet says if you wanna sell dungeon paths , we dont careeeeeeeee you are on your own..According to anet,they are not supporting this dungeon selling.We are allowed to do it but If something happens while we are trying to sell dungeon paths, it is our problem.. Because of this, people keep scamming others without hesitating

[HeX] Vivana Rosa