Please fix people selling dungeon slots

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

In my opinion it is abuse of party mechanics. I seriously doubt they intended “completion” to be “being in dungeon when last boss is killed” but I could be wrong.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

In my opinion it is abuse of party mechanics. I seriously doubt they intended “completion” to be “being in dungeon when last boss is killed” but I could be wrong.

It is a problem but you can’t fix it by requiring one to stay for full dungeon run. What would happen if someone started to kittentalk everyone in party and get kicked? Who would join your party knowing he won’t get a dime? I had to kick few people for different reasons and replaced them with someone else.

Posted by: Localizer.1903

Localizer.1903

I’ll give you 3 things to consider:
a) All the pieces with the same stats as the orrian armor, can be obtained from easier instances. So there isn’t actually a system that rewards the person that has spent more time on end-game instances.
b) Nobody has to buy these runs. You can buy them if you don’t want to bother with Arah or it’s too hard for you.
c) How will be the TRULLY SKILLED PVE PLAYERS rewarded after all????

So the answer to all the above is that Paid runs fit the game properly, with the current game status.

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Well, looks like you didn’t. Because in GW1 you can’t swap people mid-instance making running much harder than normal playing (which is how you can do it in GW2).

But in GW1 you had heroes who don’t have to be paid/GW1 WAS MUCH EASIER in that you could solo certain things fast. 3 customers (max since you need another member to ‘anchor’ the party) = 60g that has to be split between the 5 guild members who ran it originally.

Compared to high yield runs which could all be done under 1hr:
-600/smite CoF runs which were 5-20 plats each in it’s prime and 5 customers, heroes don’t have to be paid. All to one runner. All to one runner (heroes don’t have to be paid.)
-SF sin Duncan service at 15 plats each with 7 customer slots. All to one runner.
-Underworld service at 15ectos each with 4 customer slots. 15e per runner.
Which could all be completed within an hour.

Gw1 was more open to inflation since it didn’t have a gem store so people could readily pay off at least part of their runs with the dungeon rewards they got but that isn’t the case in Gw2. I don’t really see how Anet can fix this issue if it were either.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It is a problem but you can’t fix it by requiring one to stay for full dungeon run. What would happen if someone started to kittentalk everyone in party and get kicked? Who would join your party knowing he won’t get a dime? I had to kick few people for different reasons and replaced them with someone else.

Either ask friends or continue with 4 people. Most dungeons are perfectly doable with 4.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

There’s already quite a bit of discussion on this here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Please-fix-people-selling-dungeon-slots/page/3#post1152897

This is reward transfer, not duplication, and is good for the game as a whole.

Wethospu.6437

Well, looks like you didn’t. Because in GW1 you can’t swap people mid-instance making running much harder than normal playing (which is how you can do it in GW2).

But in GW1 you had heroes who don’t have to be paid/GW1 WAS MUCH EASIER in that you could solo certain things fast. 3 customers (max since you need another member to ‘anchor’ the party) = 60g that has to be split between the 5 guild members who ran it originally.

Compared to high yield runs which could all be done under 1hr:
-600/smite CoF runs which were 5-20 plats each in it’s prime and 5 customers, heroes don’t have to be paid. All to one runner. All to one runner (heroes don’t have to be paid.)
-SF sin Duncan service at 15 plats each with 7 customer slots. All to one runner.
-Underworld service at 15ectos each with 4 customer slots. 15e per runner.
Which could all be completed within an hour.

Gw1 was more open to inflation since it didn’t have a gem store so people could readily pay off at least part of their runs with the dungeon rewards they got but that isn’t the case in Gw2. I don’t really see how Anet can fix this issue if it were either.

If it is 8-man content and you can do it 3-man I’m perfectly fine with that. If you really duo a GW2 dungeon then sure do whatever you want with those last 3 slots.
In GW1 world this would be like running something with full H/H, then booting them at end boss and filling with customers. Getting fast runs and still better rewards.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Please-fix-people-selling-dungeon-slots/page/3#post1152897

Good for the game or good for you?

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Why does it pertain to you what a guild does with their party slots? My guild runs paths with less than full groups already for a variety of reasons (to be honest, going man down is oftentimes better for us than picking up a pug player) so even without having people leave the party this service could be provided.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Wethospu.6437

Because in my opinion “completing” something means actually playing the whole thing. There are already so many so horrible Dungeon Masters, I seriously don’t want more.

And yeah, extreme carrying sucks too but probably no simple solution for that.

Sarcasmic.6741

You already said there are plenty of horrible dungeon masters, so any “prestige” it may have had is gone as is. Besides, your view of self accomplishment does not come higher up the food chain than a service which people are clearly willing to pay for. You simply have to accept that it will happen until 1) buyers realize it isn’t worth paying for, or 2) Anet makes a stance against the action and places in counter measures to prevent it.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Selling slots to get easy tokens should be allowed as long as the previous players who did the work understand they will not be getting the tokens but instead gold. Plenty of players already have all they want from dungeons so why not make a little profit and as well help others get some tokens that they can exchange for gear they might want.

Now if one player just kicks the 4 other players to make a profit this is a wrong and should not be allowed, but selling slots is perfectly fine if it was decided by the group before hand because as i said above alot of players already have the items they want and this is a another way to make a profit.

Tulisin.6945

Good for the game or good for you?

Good for the game as a whole, more goods creates a more complex/powerful economy and multiplies the routes that can be taken to any given goal. It allows all kinds of work to be more efficiently applied and lets people pursue their goals by doing the things they enjoy. More dynamic game, more choice, more fun.

haviz.1340

Either ask friends or continue with 4 people. Most dungeons are perfectly doable with 4.

Some parts need 5 people.

Posted by: omerk.2709

omerk.2709

The only problem with this kind os suggestion is that there are people who will pay.
In this case, it’s their problem. Someone posting that they sell slots isn’t a problem by itself.

This is probably a result of peple buying 1000$ worth of gems, converting them to gold and wanting to shortcut through anything.
Why is that annoying you?
If you care about your economy, sell slots as well.
Just don’t try to sell them to me, I would never buy my way to anything.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Blame the demand, not the supply.

If people would pay me 20g to get 60 tokens and an achievement they don’t deserve, who am I to say ‘no’ to this?

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

This game promised to free people from the “Holy Trinity”. Since you need the “Holy Warriorty” to complete Arah path 4 (2-3 warriors glass cannons and a mesmer with Time Warp) people who can prepare this team could easily run the path to sell slots for 15-20 golds. People who don’t have the lucky team/classes (ranger? engineer? completly useless in path 4, no one want them in their in team) obviously will consider to buy the run.
The devs don’t understand they have to fix Simin, right now they believe the path is good and they wrote their QA team had no problem with it… so the path-selling-for-golds will continue. I wonder why they don’t bother if this path is so discussed and troublesome at the point people would pay to never see Simin again or cause they can easily earn 20 golds in the 8 hours the normal teams waste in this path before quitting. This is the only path with such problems and people making a profit on it.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

(edited by Iridiana.9078)

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

You do not need a mesmer timewarp bot to kill Simin. There, I’ve said it.

You do need at least one warrior. MF exotics and level 15 accessories will do.

haviz.1340

This game promised to free people from the “Holy Trinity”. Since you need the “Holy Warriorty” to complete Arah path 4 (2-3 warriors glass cannons and a mesmer with Time Warp) people who can prepare this team could easily run the path to sell slots for 15-20 golds. People who don’t have the lucky team/classes (ranger? engineer? completly useless in path 4, no one want them in their in team) obviously will consider to buy the run.
The devs don’t understand they have to fix Simin, right now they believe the path is good and they wrote their QA team had no problem with it… so the path-selling-for-golds will continue. I wonder why they don’t bother if this path is so discussed and troublesome at the point people would pay to never see Simin again or cause they can easily earn 20 golds in the 8 hours the normal teams waste in this path before quitting. This is the only path with such problems and people making a profit on it.

Did it with 4 people without mesmer.

Wethospu.6437

You already said there are plenty of horrible dungeon masters, so any “prestige” it may have had is gone as is. Besides, your view of self accomplishment does not come higher up the food chain than a service which people are clearly willing to pay for. You simply have to accept that it will happen until 1) buyers realize it isn’t worth paying for, or 2) Anet makes a stance against the action and places in counter measures to prevent it.

Sure, legendaries also have no “prestige” so they might just hand me one.
I also think people shouldn’t use exploits like 22 karma weapons. But they still do, and that simply won’t change my opinion.

Good for the game as a whole, more goods creates a more complex/powerful economy and multiplies the routes that can be taken to any given goal. It allows all kinds of work to be more efficiently applied and lets people pursue their goals by doing the things they enjoy. More dynamic game, more choice, more fun.

It only adds yet another gold-based achievement. Game is already full of them so I don’t understand why we need another.
I admit it might be my lack of experience with real MMOs but I didn’t expect end-game to be about finding best farm routes and market flipping.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ive actually thought about doing this, me and 4 other guildies would run the dungeon as a party of 5, we’d get to the end, one (or more) of us would leave to get the payers in and finish, we’d then split the money between all 5 of us. No need to take poor unsuspecting pugs and kick them. Perhaps that’s what this PR guild is/was doing? I don’t really have a problem with that, but lets not jump to conclusions.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

What game did you play? GW1 dungeon runs were incredibly common. Like really common. You could probably find someone in Doomlore Shrine right now selling dungeon runs.

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Did it with 4 people without mesmer.

Good, invite me to show it, I’d like really much to go afk while you kill Simin. Then I’ll come there to witness.

Sure, invite me, I’ve a level 80 MF set if you want… I’ll give you the cool things I’ll drop with my MF while you kill Simin.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

(edited by Iridiana.9078)

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

As ArenaNet have made no comment on this, I guess they must be ok with it.

Paying for runs was common with GW1.

If it’s “ethical” for a guild to do it is questionable.

I guess it’s a free market and if there’s a profit to be made, and customers willing to pay, then it will continue.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Tulisin.6945

If people would pay me 20g to get 60 tokens and an achievement they don’t deserve

How’d you arrive at the conclusion that they “don’t deserve” it? They put in the time/effort to make the money to buy it at market value. Under that logic nobody “deserves” any gear or loot unless they get it as a drop or craft it themselves out of materials they harvested by hand.

Wethospu.6437

It’s this little thing called skill-based rewards. Is that really so lost idea nowadays?

Tulisin.6945

It’s this little thing called skill-based rewards. Is that really so lost idea nowadays?

Skill is just an input multiplier. Unless you’re selecting a tiny subset of skills, generally a skilled player will attain things faster than an unskilled player regardless of whether they’re doing it by hand or buying it. I say “faster” because, really, everything is just a varying time investment.

If dungeon titles are skill based rewards then so is everything else in the game, they just require different levels of input and therefore benefit differently from skill.

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Implying dungeons in this game require skill to finish. If you’re struggling, you can use graveyard zerging as a crutch. There’s no punishment for wiping other than your pocket getting tickled, and as long as you have money and patience, forward progress will happen.

Seems to me like you have this elitist mentality related to Dungeon Master, and that it should be hard to acquire. Sorry to fill you in buddy, but not everyone cares about the ‘prestige’ of that title. Some just want the achievements done, or the Arah tokens perhaps to get their legendary and/or armour.

It’s clear that you’re struggling more and more for reasons why dungeon running in this game is a bad idea. In this game, instances as a whole are easier, and this whole ‘skill-based rewards’ idea you have doesn’t exist anyway. If my team completes lets say… AC Path 2 without wiping once; we’ll get the same rewards as a team who wipes 10 times and takes five times longer to complete. The difference is that my team would achieve them faster, and would end up with more profit due to no repair costs. Revenue at the end of the run however would be expected to be the same.

Same can be applied for the smaller party sized ‘skill-based reward’. A five man party will receive the same end chest rewards as a solo or two man party. The only real application your ‘skill-based rewards’ has is related to the ‘runners’ getting more money by providing a service to players who want the end reward(s), which tbh I don’t really see how you can disagree with. The runners get more money, but sacrifice their end chest/reward, and the people getting the ‘run’ get their achievement and/or chest/tokens. Win win for both parties involved, however apparently a lose for those who think that having Dungeon Master makes you PvE king. (btw I do have DM)

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Wethospu.6437

Skill is just an input multiplier. Unless you’re selecting a tiny subset of skills, generally a skilled player will attain things faster than an unskilled player regardless of whether they’re doing it by hand or buying it. I say “faster” because, really, everything is just a varying time investment.

If dungeon titles are skill based rewards then so is everything else in the game, they just require different levels of input and therefore benefit differently from skill.

Actually yes I want to select a tiny subset of skills. Subset about knowing your class, knowing the game and being able to pull your weight. And especially not the subset about playing the market, having plenty of time and knowing best farm routes.
People can already show their market skills, time investment and farming skills. But how can you show that you can actually play the game?
Dungeon Master (and path completion) is closest we have. Yes, it is already quite cheap but is there a reason to ruin it totally? I can’t imagine what happens when this spreads to common routes.

Implying dungeons in this game require skill to finish. If you’re struggling, you can use graveyard zerging as a crutch. There’s no punishment for wiping other than your pocket getting tickled, and as long as you have money and patience, forward progress will happen.

Require no skill but still some parties quit because of failures? Sure, they are very easy but is there a reason to make it a complete joke?

Seems to me like you have this elitist mentality related to Dungeon Master, and that it should be hard to acquire. Sorry to fill you in buddy, but not everyone cares about the ‘prestige’ of that title. Some just want the achievements done, or the Arah tokens perhaps to get their legendary and/or armour.

If your definition of elitist is a person who wants game to have combat-skill-checks. Then yes, I will be happy to be a one.
And could you explain me why should someone get completion achievements or Dungeon Master if he simply is not ready to do those requirements? Why does he need something which he doesn’t qualify (Dungeon Master who doesn’t know dungeons)? Tokens I don’t really care about as you can already acquire them easily (farm first boss over and over).

It’s clear that you’re struggling more and more for reasons why dungeon running in this game is a bad idea. In this game, instances as a whole are easier, and this whole ‘skill-based rewards’ idea you have doesn’t exist anyway. If my team completes lets say… AC Path 2 without wiping once; we’ll get the same rewards as a team who wipes 10 times and takes five times longer to complete. The difference is that my team would achieve them faster, and would end up with more profit due to no repair costs. Revenue at the end of the run however would be expected to be the same.

Better gold/token per hour which is what you should care about farmable materials. No speed-clear (or similar) achievement but I agree there should be one.

Same can be applied for the smaller party sized ‘skill-based reward’. A five man party will receive the same end chest rewards as a solo or two man party. The only real application your ‘skill-based rewards’ has is related to the ‘runners’ getting more money by providing a service to players who want the end reward(s), which tbh I don’t really see how you can disagree with. The runners get more money, but sacrifice their end chest/reward, and the people getting the ‘run’ get their achievement and/or chest/tokens. Win win for both parties involved, however apparently a lose for those who think that having Dungeon Master makes you PvE king. (btw I do have DM)

I’m bit unsure why you bring solo/duo groups to discussion when running is done by full-teams. And not sure how rest of that is relevant either. By your logic it would be win win for everyone if Legendaries costed 1 copper.

haviz.1340

-snip-

Try to graveyard simin. Or (hopefully) wait till Anet implements similiar system to fractals or closes gates behind most difficult bosses (lupi for instance).

Most people who got their DM title are plainly bad. Just now I did path 4 run (I picked first ad on gw2lfg.com) just to check how average pug deals with it. The amount of stupidity emanating from some of them was just astonishing. And they got their shiny title.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m bit unsure why you bring solo/duo groups to discussion when running is done by full-teams. And not sure how rest of that is relevant either. By your logic it would be win win for everyone if Legendaries costed 1 copper.

It’s a reference to “Skill-based reward”, which you seem so stuck on for whatever reason. Obviously, it will take more ‘skill’ to solo/duo an instance than it will to five man it. Your beliefs would suggest that you should be getting more rewards for solo/duo, as it requires more skill input. This is not the case.

By my logic, if something is provided that doesn’t negatively impact either party involved with a situation or scenario, then what’s the harm done? As far as legendaries are concerned, if they cost 1 copper each, then the suppliers are out of business as there’s no point in farming/selling materials required. This however, is an obviously exaggerated claim by you to try and prove a point. The impacts of legendaries being 1 copper would be huge, mostly to the economy. Not to mention that anything that isn’t a legendary would be unable to be priced. Try again with a different price such as 50g or something, the answers related to suppliers and the economy remain constant.

Why do you care how people earn their achievement points? Did you oppose how people paid for parts of GWAMM in GW1? They’re internet points. I, for example, will do what I can that’s within my power to help a friend gain an achievement, if they don’t care and just want it. I respect that some people do care how they achieve their points, and perhaps care about the number of achievement points they have. However I expect the majority of players just see achievement points as a number, and aren’t too flustered by how many they have (this last sentence is obviously opinion).

The way I see it, is this is a matter of “People playing the game in a way that I don’t agree with”, very similar to the whole dodging trash mobs in dungeons argument that’s been floating around for months. Some will agree with it, some don’t. Each will try to justify their side of the argument, but the bottom line is that until ANet steps in to say something, each method is viable and acceptable.

Wethospu.6437

It’s a reference to “Skill-based reward”, which you seem so stuck on for whatever reason. Obviously, it will take more ‘skill’ to solo/duo an instance than it will to five man it. Your beliefs would suggest that you should be getting more rewards for solo/duo, as it requires more skill input. This is not the case.

Yes, you get same end-rewards regardless of party-side. I’m sure everyone agrees on that (if you don’t then 4-man a dungeon and check it yourself). But what’s your point? That some parts of game don’t reflect my opinion?

Fine if you want to preserve economy. Give everyone 1 copper and me a legendary. That’s win win for everyone (legendaries are just pixels why should anyone care?).

The way I see it, is this is a matter of “People playing the game in a way that I don’t agree with”, very similar to the whole dodging trash mobs in dungeons argument that’s been floating around for months. Some will agree with it, some don’t. Each will try to justify their side of the argument, but the bottom line is that until ANet steps in to say something, each method is viable and acceptable.

So can I still at least voice my concerns?

haviz.1340

Yes, you get same end-rewards regardless of party-side. I’m sure everyone agrees on that (if you don’t then 4-man a dungeon and check it yourself). But what’s your point? That some parts of game don’t reflect my opinion?

Fine if you want to preserve economy. Give everyone 1 copper and me a legendary. That’s win win for everyone (legendaries are just pixels why should anyone care?).

You can’t have one, they represent prestige and dedication on levels you can’t even possible imagine!

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Sure, and you have. As have I. As for your little friend or fan who keeps shadowing you, he’s just being a tool.

I don’t think much more is to come of this, as it currently is, there’s no problem with people selling dungeon runs, as ANet haven’t stepped in (even with Robert being very vocal in these forums), and I’m not really sure how they would combat it. Do you?

haviz.1340

Sure, and you have. As have I. As for your little friend or fan who keeps shadowing you, he’s just being a tool.

I don’t think much more is to come of this, as it currently is, there’s no problem with people selling dungeon runs, as ANet haven’t stepped in (even with Robert being very vocal in these forums), and I’m not really sure how they would combat it. Do you?

His little friend isn’t shadowing him but has similiar opinion, which he expressed already few times in other thread. Buying achievements shouldn’t be possible, it’s something you should do by yourself (check the definintion for kitten’s sake).

Wethospu.6437

Require being in dungeon during 100% (even 50% would be fine for me) of boss-fights to get completion achievement.

Sarcasmic.6741

S> Dungeon Completion party slots.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

His little friend isn’t shadowing him but has similiar opinion, which he expressed already few times in other thread. Buying achievements shouldn’t be possible, it’s something you should do by yourself (check the definintion for kitten’s sake).

Achievement:
Noun
A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
The process or fact of achieving something.

Think you might want to check the definition. An achievement doesn’t have to be something someone does by themselves. If anything you’re now arguing now that you should have to solo every dungeon in the game to get dungeon master, otherwise others are helping you and you’re not doing it by yourself.

I’m sorry that you feel like the Dungeon Master title should mean something; the reality is that anyone with competent friends or guild members can carry them to that title. An achievement by definition is not something you have to do by yourself. An achievement can literally be anything that you (you being anyone) wants it to be. If getting all of the little achievements filled out in their hero tab is an achievement someone wants to get, then how they achieve that is up to that person.

I know it’s hard for you to accept that not everyone cares about how they obtain things or how many of something someone has, but it’s something you’ll have to come to terms with, isn’t it?

Have fun in game, I’ll let you know when I’m selling some dungeon runs

And to Wes, great idea in theory. But what about when people DC or have to leave, or otherwise simply rage quit? I’m not totally opposed to that idea, because I played GW1 where if something happened to a party member you couldn’t do anything about it anyway. But what about the people who are accustomed to how it is in GW2? I feel like those people would be beyond outraged. I had thought of the idea you proposed, and ruled it out as something that just wasn’t really an option, given how much people rely on being able to swap players in/out of the party as they please.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

haviz.1340

-snip-

So where in your definition says that you can buy it? You don’t do path 4. You do 5%. How can an achievement be whatever you want? It says explicitly what you have to do in that particular case. Please, don’t play semantics. Achievement isn’t something you obtain, it’s something you achieve. Get carried by friends/guild, but don’t buy it.

Good luck with your future endavours. Out of curiosity, what would be your price? Currently, it’s 20g on euro servers.

Posted by: Kenrin.2091

Kenrin.2091

More likely to have kicked a payer out of the team, earn 20g per moron who pays.

It’s a clever business.

Then kicked player should report them so anet might ban them nicely. It’s not clever when you risk a ban for kicking players before last boss.

I think i’ll comment on this, I did arah exp the other week and because i did not know the path they party was doing and asked for help on what to do two of the guys in the party booted me at the last boss(the two that kicked were in the same guild). I did file a report and so did the other two people in my party who whispered me afterwards(they didn’t have time to help me it was 10 seconds before boss went down). Anet responded to me saying the kick mechanic was working as intended and if two idiots want to kick people in their party(for any reason whatsoever) that was their choice.

So if you have a suggestion to stop lets make a thread in the suggestion forums instead. Anet doesn’t care about how the game mechanics are currently working they just want feedback on how to “upgrade” or “fix” them.

Wethospu.6437

And to Wes, great idea in theory. But what about when people DC or have to leave, or otherwise simply rage quit? I’m not totally opposed to that idea, because I played GW1 where if something happened to a party member you couldn’t do anything about it anyway. But what about the people who are accustomed to how it is in GW2? I feel like those people would be beyond outraged. I had thought of the idea you proposed, and ruled it out as something that just wasn’t really an option, given how much people rely on being able to swap players in/out of the party as they please.

Yes, it would make situation worse for replacement-guys. But they would still get end-rewards, just not achievement. Making it 50% would in my opinion be a fair deal, should be easy to get people when past 50% just because of end-rewards.

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

I wonder if ANet would end up opposing this practice on the grounds that the various currencies are not meant to be convertible, and that this, in essence, is a workaround the game’s barriers to such conversions?

Not that I would agree with that, I’m just saying.

Tulisin.6945

I wonder if ANet would end up opposing this practice on the grounds that the various currencies are not meant to be convertible, and that this, in essence, is a workaround the game’s barriers to such conversions?

Not that I would agree with that, I’m just saying.

You can already convert most currencies by inefficient means. At best they can say “this conversion is too efficient!”

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

Hi,

I was going to gw2lfg in order to see if I could find a team to do some dungeons, and I read this :

Arah selling service. Selling slots for p4. Simin is dead, join for last boss and get achievement+tokens. 20g per person. 2 slots left. Brought to you by guild PR, the original Arah sellers..

Is this allowed ?

note : since simin is a completely bugged boss, this business is probably very lucrative for those who master the bugs needed to kill her through the bugs that prevent killing her ^^

technically NO its diffinately not allowed…
are gw2 team gonna do anything about it .. NO… soo they dont give a kitten… common issue in most mmo’s

haviz.1340

I think i’ll comment on this, I did arah exp the other week and because i did not know the path they party was doing and asked for help on what to do two of the guys in the party booted me at the last boss(the two that kicked were in the same guild). I did file a report and so did the other two people in my party who whispered me afterwards(they didn’t have time to help me it was 10 seconds before boss went down). Anet responded to me saying the kick mechanic was working as intended and if two idiots want to kick people in their party(for any reason whatsoever) that was their choice.

So if you have a suggestion to stop lets make a thread in the suggestion forums instead. Anet doesn’t care about how the game mechanics are currently working they just want feedback on how to “upgrade” or “fix” them.

Robert said that they ban people for that kind of behaviour.

Tulisin.6945

Source? It is using entirely built in mechanics to provide a service that makes the game better. Do you have any basis for believing it isn’t allowed beyond personal distaste?

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I personally think that if u don’t have the build for Simin you can struggle 20+ hours on him even and I can understand someone willing to pay 20 gold to finish their dungeon master. Our guild was struggling on Simin too, then I levelled an alt warrior xd

haviz.1340

I personally think that if u don’t have the build for Simin you can struggle 20+ hours on him even and I can understand someone willing to pay 20 gold to finish their dungeon master. Our guild was struggling on Simin too, then I levelled an alt warrior xd

You don’t need a build, you need to run sparks flawlessly.

Wethospu.6437

Source? It is using entirely built in mechanics to provide a service that makes the game better. Do you have any basis for believing it isn’t allowed beyond personal distaste?

22 karma weapons also used built in mechanics. Just because something is there doesn’t make it 100% safe,

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

Yes, people selling path 4 for gold/spot because a lot of people need only that for achievement (also, simin is not bugged, can be beaten, requires perfect spark pulls tho, i wouldnt nerf its regen ever, only give the boss a detailed HP bar, so we can actually know when it is at 25% HP).

Also, people selling other paths for 5 gold a spot (so thats what you should buy for easy tokens).

Personally I don’t see a problem with that (as long as noone is kicked, which i doubt, they do it as a 5 man experienced party and then some leave so buyers can get invited), I had the idea to do the same with my friends (since we can 3 man paths 1/2/3 anyway).

Some people dont like to do dungeons at all, not to mention daily grinds for tokens, they will much rather pay the 5 gold fee to get their daily 60 fast tokens from Arah so they can do what they like.

I really fail to see a problem here, its the same like with crafting certain items for example (farm 250 skill points and 250 ecotplasm for Anomaly, or grind gold and buy it – 2 ways, same result).

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

LOL! Just LOL.

Here’s the story:
Guy shouts on map chat that he needs 3 more for Simin, me and 2 from my guild join (2x necro and guardian), the party had 2 other guardians, so total setup: 3x guardian, 2x necro.

Both me and the other necro were pure condition damage (condi/toughness/precision all the way).

We got Simin twice to 5% HP and realized we lack some burst near the end, I swapped to thief, we killed Simin. Only 2 glass cannons in the whole group upon completion (my thief and one guardian).

So the story about mesmers and warriors is complete nonsense.