Personal Dps Ranking

Personal Dps Ranking

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheSouL.1098

TheSouL.1098

Hey Forum,
I did some theroy crafting the last days regarding to Fotm and Raids, because I’m not able to play Gw2 for a while.
So I wanted to ask the following: Which class has the highest “personal/solo” dps on small, middle and large hitboxes?
To explain what I mean with “solo”: How many dps can a single profession handle on its own without getting any help such as buffs or boons from another class? (eg. a Ele with “Empower allies”)
Might/Fury/whatever stacking by the profession itself is okay.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions or experience regarding to that topic?
Has someone kind of a ranking for the different classes and would share it with me? That would be awesome!

Thanks a lot.

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

ele
stacks 25 vuln by itself without even trying, and can also stack might
and also has the highest dps otherwise

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Dps golem is your friend.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

dps golem requires you to have an optimal set of gear for every build you want to test

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: ironfrodo.7625

ironfrodo.7625

Most DMG: Elementalist

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Elementalist wins it :-) I tried with ranger and it’s about half the dps. But the ranger boosts the ele about 40% (tried with friend), so at the end the result of the group play is important.

Oh and I also tried Daredevil. It’s right next to ele, a bit lower. But the overall dps is a bit better against a moving target.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

I know the qt benchmarktests but they aren’t Solo... They have buffs they cant have on their own.
Additionally the might an ele stacks drops after a few seconds but the thief does continuously high damage.
In the ranking of qt the thief does more damage on a Medium hitbox then a d/w ele which damage drops on a small hitbox. So on small hitboxes the thief leads the dps?

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I know the qt benchmarktests but they aren’t Solo… They have buffs they cant have on their own.
Additionally the might an ele stacks drops after a few seconds but the thief does continuously high damage.
In the ranking of qt the thief does more damage on a Medium hitbox then a d/w ele which damage drops on a small hitbox. So on small hitboxes the thief leads the dps?

dps with just self buffs is unrealistic. Unless you are soloing that situation won’t exists.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

Soloing Fotm isnt unrealistic

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If you’re soloing, you will never even approach the theoretical maximum dps of a class, so the question is useless anyway. When soloing, staying alive and being good enough to use your defensive mechanics appropriately becomes vastly more important than anything else due to how the fights are balanced.

Yeah, you can solo fotm, but I guarantee you that the top dps build isn’t going to be the most efficient way to do it.

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: ironfrodo.7625

ironfrodo.7625

If you’re soloing, you will never even approach the theoretical maximum dps of a class, so the question is useless anyway. When soloing, staying alive and being good enough to use your defensive mechanics appropriately becomes vastly more important than anything else due to how the fights are balanced.

Yeah, you can solo fotm, but I guarantee you that the top dps build isn’t going to be the most efficient way to do it.

You are wrong

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You are wrong

By all means, go make a video of you soloing a high level fractal and performing a perfect dps rotation while doing it. We’ll all wait.

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I think when people ask about personal DPS, they ask for solo exploration reasons, or for carrying reasons.

You really can’t carry a group with bad DPS as a mesmer or ranger, but if you’re a warrior or revenant you can more than compensate for their incompetence.

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

I’m asking the question rather concerning to the theoretical Background than to the practical.

(edited by TheSouL.1098)

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

when only considering zerk gear (so no condi gear) it may be sth like

1. ele
  2. war
  3. thief
  4. engi
  5. revenant
  6. (maybe) guard
    ranger and necro are both pretty bad (tho ranger atleast can give himself quickness dmg boost and buff to 25 might) and mesmer is by far the worst.
    however, in some dungeons war happens to be better than ele due to utility, and thief is pretty sick damage aswell in dungeons where you are able to reflect very much with your staff autoattack. Also you shouldn’t forget that ele, thief and engi all are very sick in breaking the bars of bosses, while war (afaik) has to sacrifice some dps when doing that.

(edited by Roul.3205)

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hey Forum,
I did some theroy crafting the last days regarding to Fotm and Raids, because I’m not able to play Gw2 for a while.
So I wanted to ask the following: Which class has the highest “personal/solo” dps on small, middle and large hitboxes?
To explain what I mean with “solo”: How many dps can a single profession handle on its own without getting any help such as buffs or boons from another class? (eg. a Ele with “Empower allies”)
Might/Fury/whatever stacking by the profession itself is okay.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions or experience regarding to that topic?
Has someone kind of a ranking for the different classes and would share it with me? That would be awesome!

Thanks a lot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Personal Dps Ranking

Dahkeus.8243

when only considering zerk gear (so no condi gear) it may be sth like

1. ele
  2. war
  3. thief
  4. engi
  5. revenant
  6. (maybe) guard
    ranger and necro are both pretty bad (tho ranger atleast can give himself quickness dmg boost and buff to 25 might) and mesmer is by far the worst.
    however, in some dungeons war happens to be better than ele due to utility, and thief is pretty sick damage aswell in dungeons where you are able to reflect very much with your staff autoattack. Also you shouldn’t forget that ele, thief and engi all are very sick in breaking the bars of bosses, while war (afaik) has to sacrifice some dps when doing that.

Boon stacking is definitely where it gets weird.

If you consider individual DPS, then it’s worth considering other non-meta builds, such as something like below:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAClUUhatY1Vg1LWuLKxC6HyBwGMCDA6bP2zdA-TxRBABPcBAwTHwVK/oZ/BzUCSp6PA8AAAA-e

Not sure exactly what the other utility would be, but someone who cares a bit more about min/maxing for solo DPS could probably find out what works best.

Basically, a build like this gives might, quickness, and fury akin to what you’d normally have to rely on a full group to get, but does so at the expense of having you camp flamethrower more than you normally would (you still swap to hammer after tossing Elixir B to keep up stab/might, but otherwise camp FT).

Also, I’m skeptical of warrior being so high in the above list. Their personal DPS is generally very far below ele/thief in a group setting, so I don’t see what would suddenly put them above thief.

I’d also be surprised if thief didn’t end up higher since they don’t rely much on alacrity and with dodge as part of their normal damage rotation, they wouldn’t lose as much dps avoiding fight mechanics.

Personal Dps Ranking

Roul.3205

Uhm i was talking about solo situation xD atleast I understood the op’s question like that.
i think that war is kinda superior over thief in solos as thief cant buff himself to 25 might, but I didn’t test it as I don’t play war

(edited by Roul.3205)

Personal Dps Ranking

Dahkeus.8243

Uhm i was talking about solo situation xD atleast I understood the op’s question like that.
i think that war is kinda superior over thief in solos as thief cant buff himself to 25 might, but I didn’t test it as I don’t play war

Ahh, you know, I didn’t factor in PS as buffing itself to 25 might, rofl. Yea, you’re definitely right then.

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

Which weapons does the ele use to be the leader of the ranking? Staff oder d/w?

Personal Dps Ranking

Swagger.1459

Which weapons does the ele use to be the leader of the ranking? Staff oder d/w?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

thief doesn’t self buff to 25 might but does have free permafury, and stacks a lot of vulnerability. and 25 might is only a 25-30% dps increase anyway. In group settings, thief does 60% more dps than warrior. Solo thief is still more dps.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

Which weapons does the ele use to be the leader of the ranking?

all of them
but mostly staff

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

Swagger… Your post is not even related to that topic, so why are you repeating yourself?!

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

@reikken
Even on small hitboxes? Most of the meteors wont hit the target

Personal Dps Ranking

Zenith.7301

@reikken

Use whatever you want, ele beats every class with either dagger or staff. By that point, it doesn’t even matter.

Thing is, ele and thief are far less forgiving when you got a garbage team or you are soloing HoT difficult champs/elites/vets or packs of them.

Warrior, rev, and guard just have a much easier time with solo DPS in glass cannon gear.

And if you really wanna faceroll, play a necro (power/condi, doesn’t really matter as minions facetank things for you).

Personal Dps Ranking

Swagger.1459

Swagger… Your post is not even related to that topic, so why are you repeating yourself?!

This thread is about dps ranking…

“Has someone kind of a ranking for the different classes and would share it with me? That would be awesome!”

I post Reddit link.

Question asked about best ele weapon from poster who obviously didn’t follow link…

I post Reddit link.

Seems pretty related to me.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

@reikken

Meteor shower is good dps even on small hitboxes, yes.

It seems to hit an average of 8 times on small hitboxes. That’s a 10.4 coefficient, for a 4 second channel. ie 2.6 dps. Combine with lava font for roughly 3.4 dps over that 4.5 seconds. Factor in staff’s 10% higher weapon damage than dagger, and that is on par with overload air. Overload fire is also 10 over 4 seconds. same deal.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

This thread is about dps ranking…

Read the first post in the thread, not just the title.

Personal Dps Ranking

Swagger.1459

Read my post above your recent post. I read it all thank you.

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

Swagger seriously… The thread is about Solo dps WITHOUT buffs or boons from another profession. The benchmarktest you post is with boons like Banner, EA and spotter.

Personal Dps Ranking

TheSouL.1098

So ele does the highest dps… But if we just consider the burst (First 3-5 seconds), his dmg is not that op.
Maybe the guard or power engi have the highest?

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

So ele does the highest dps… But if we just consider the burst (First 3-5 seconds), his dmg is not that op.

Ele wins in any competition about straight up damage no matter what arbitrary rules you setup.

Engi gets played as condi, guardian dps is mediocre at best.

Not sure what you mean with burst:

1.) we should only consider the first 3-5 seconds? Not sure what good that bwould be but fine, ele does need some rampup to get boons going, so do other classes. Past that Ele has hard enough hitting attacks that can hold their own against any other class.

2.) we should consider long fights omiting burst? Ele wins hands down again, that’s why the class has the highest dps in just about every benchmark.

Also about the benchmark Swagger has now posted 3 times. True you did ask about pure unsupported dps of classes, but if you take 1 moment to think about how classes benefit you’d soon come to realise that Ele is one of the classes which draws the biggest benefit of removing all outside help.

Noticible damage buffs:
- boons – Ele can selfapply
- vuln – Ele can selfapply
- fury – Ele can selfapply
- alacrity – mesmer only, by far the weakest damage class so can be omited
- banners – warrior only, okay with selfmight and fury warrior might be a contender, let’s see how far appart Ele and warrior dps is… okay moving on
- etc.

While the benchmark might not have given you the exact answer to your question, some logical deduction would have provided you with sufficient resolution nonetheless.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Personal Dps Ranking

Swagger.1459

Swagger seriously… The thread is about Solo dps WITHOUT buffs or boons from another profession. The benchmarktest you post is with boons like Banner, EA and spotter.

Seriously? It’s all relative. Remove boons any you’ll still get the same rankings.

Remove boon and Ele is top dps with staff. Add boon and ele with staff will be top dps.

Honestly, you have been provided with numbers as your framework. If you don’t like it then feel free to do your own tests if you want.

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Seriously? It’s all relative. Remove boons any you’ll still get the same rankings.

Remove boon and Ele is top dps with staff. Add boon and ele with staff will be top dps.

Honestly, you have been provided with numbers as your framework. If you don’t like it then feel free to do your own tests if you want.

This is not true at all.
The thread is about a solo scenario where you don’t have access to boons from other people, and need to generate them yourself.

According to the spreadsheet warrior would be among the lowest DPS classes in the game, while in reality it has close to the best dps in a solo scenario.
Same goes for classes like thief that may look amazing in a full party spreadsheet, but those numbers are highly influenced by quickness uptime from a mesmer, which increases thief dps a lot more than other classes

Go ahead and test it and see for yourself why your post is just plain wrong

Personal Dps Ranking

Swagger.1459

There are tons of variables, but closer to actual.

Those are the tests we were provided so work off those.

The op can do his/her own testing to figure it out if he/she doesn’t agree with the tests.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

scepter/dagger arcane non-tempest ele

(edited by reikken.4961)

Personal Dps Ranking

Zenith.7301

By this point it seems like pretty much a troll thread if someone is seriously asking for 3-5 sec window burst.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

nah, asking about burst is perfectly reasonable. Most enemies in this game die within moments.

But ele beats other classes by even more if you’re trying to maximize burst, because of all the instant skills

Hmm… I think I’ll make a burst build for my next gear set.

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

I would be suprised if power engi wouldn’t be among the top. 25might, fury, decent quickness, high vuln easy to achieve with good choises.

[TA]

Personal Dps Ranking

Roul.3205

I would be suprised if power engi wouldn’t be among the top. 25might, fury, decent quickness, high vuln easy to achieve with good choises.

yes, I guess ele, war, engi or thief are the rather viables classes.

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Why don’t people just test some builds vs the golem with no extra buffs and post results? I’ll start:

7.8k solo zerk thief, no food or utilities, exo armor and weapons.

Someone with full asc and food feel free to provide a better thief number.

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

small golem: 11.3k full asc marauderzerk staff ele, 2nd best food, no infusions
large golem: 14.1k

Personal Dps Ranking

Valik Shin.9027

Why don’t people just test some builds vs the golem with no extra buffs and post results? I’ll start:

7.8k solo zerk thief, no food or utilities, exo armor and weapons.

Someone with full asc and food feel free to provide a better thief number.

Problem with doing a dps test with no boons is that some classes get boons just by doing their rotations. Best examples are warrior and mesmer. Warrior will self stack 25 might just because of Forceful Greatsword. Mesmer will increase dps because of quickness and alacrity. Both of these number will indicate higher dps than each class really has

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Personal Dps Ranking

reikken.4961

some classes get boons just by doing their rotations.

That’s the point, dude
The idea is to see how much dps you can get while soloing with that class

Personal Dps Ranking

Valik Shin.9027

some classes get boons just by doing their rotations.

That’s the point, dude
The idea is to see how much dps you can get while soloing with that class

Then just go war. Nothing can touch them ( dps plus ease of play). I’ll put up solo number when I get home unless someone beats me to it

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

My money is on a zerker (not valk) necromancer who can stack might, vuln and get to 100% crit chances all by himself. Nice ranged options are available if there is a need. Only drawback : the DPS has to ramp up.

The ele is also potent but made of toilet paper that will break if an enemy sneeze at it. However it has a higher initial burst than the necromancer.

A DPS Warrior (we are in a solo setup so no phalanx) is also very nice. However, you will miss some crit chances and will require to bring all of your targets to melee range either by clever positioning or by chasing them. Chasing targets is a huge DPS loss as the warrior does not have a very good ranged weapon.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Personal Dps Ranking

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Update for thief numbers on small golem.

Core thief D/D: 9.2k
Daredevil staff: 8.6k

Both tests used WvW provisioner food, pack runes, exotic armor, and accuracy and blood sigils, so there’s room for improvement. Also, my staff isn’t ascended, which might close the gap in DPS. If I use Thieves Guild, I can hit 11k on D/D as long as they are alive.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Personal Dps Ranking

Zenith.7301

My money is on a zerker (not valk) necromancer who can stack might, vuln and get to 100% crit chances all by himself. Nice ranged options are available if there is a need. Only drawback : the DPS has to ramp up.

The ele is also potent but made of toilet paper that will break if an enemy sneeze at it. However it has a higher initial burst than the necromancer.

A DPS Warrior (we are in a solo setup so no phalanx) is also very nice. However, you will miss some crit chances and will require to bring all of your targets to melee range either by clever positioning or by chasing them. Chasing targets is a huge DPS loss as the warrior does not have a very good ranged weapon.

Necromancer has even worse ranged weapons in a power spec compared to warrior.

Like, axe has got to be THE worst ranged power weapon in the game.