Pet Agony Resistance and Fractal Weapons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

Since I had two questions about Fractals of the Mists, I figured I would put them both in the same post.

Firstly, as a ranger in fractals, it is actually becoming quite bothersome that the game has decided that I can only attack at half my DPS because of how agony works against pets. The majority of bosses at higher levels will instantly kill my pet because she doesn’t have any agony resistance, even if I have 25 or 30. This is made worse by the fact that pets do not dodge or evade when you dodge, making attacks from the Dredge Powersuit, Bloomhunger, or Cultist unavoidable and guaranteed death for my pets. Will there be anything implemented to help balance out the damage output against ranger pets?

Secondly, it seems a little goofy that Fractal Weapon skins are both Account Bound and an RNG drop at the end of a daily chest. This makes it extremely frustrating to attain such skins because you will often get a skin that you cannot use. Unlike the RNG weapon drops in GW1 (like Celestial Weapons from Urgoz’s Warden), you cannot sell the weapon or give it to a friend or guildmate. Unlike the weapon skins for other dungeons on GW2, you cannot buy them from the vendor after earning tokens from doing the dungeon. Will Fractal Weapon skins be added to the vendor for purchase with some sort of new or existing Fractal Relic to make getting the one you want less of a chore, and more like a goal? Or maybe a salvaging or tradeout system to turn unwanted rings and skins into the ones you want?

tl;dr: Ranger Pets die too fast to agony, fractal weapons would be great vendor skins

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

As ane elementalist who doesn’t rely on a pet for damage nearly as much as rangers do, I can’t imagine how frustrating this is for you.

I mean, I get frustrated with my pets which I can summon two every minute or so. Then they quickly die.

But I can swap these utilities out if needed (even though I’d prefer not to). I can’t imagine what it must be like for y’all to constantly have to use your pet against agony bosses.

I truly empathize.

I hope agony resistance can be carried over to pets eventually.

As for the skins, I will respectfully disagree with you. As a purely cosmetic item that offers no stat advantage, Im fine with not being able to sell or trade them. I just save them in case I ever make an alt that can use them.

I think it’s cool that there are some skins that are not as common in the game, and since it’s cosmetic only, I’m ok with the RNG. But as I said, I understand your view so my disagreement is not meant harshly

(edited by Shlamorel.8714)

Posted by: Icewolfnector.1487

Icewolfnector.1487

I really wonder why they didn’t give pets the owners AR from the start. I hope they will change this in some future Patch
The whole fractale weapon thing is also bugging me. Would have liked them to be buyable with tokens too, like all the other dungeon skins.
Because with my luck it will take me two years till I got the ones I want… sigh

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

I understand that the skins symbolize your mastery of the fractal dungeons, but as it stands right now it mainly symbolizes your luck. You must first get an item from the daily, then get a weapon instead of a ring, and then get the correct weapon out of 19 possible drops. Either you are incredibly lucky, or you have run fractals until your brains have fallen out (and even then you may not have the weapon you want).

It just isn’t fun. It’s a chore to run multiple fractals a day hoping for the lucky drop for a dungeon skin, when every other dungeon skin is available through a vendor and token progression.

I guess I just don’t understand why the skins that offer no statistical advantage over other players still uses RNG when rings and backpieces that do offer stat advantages have tangable goals that can be reached. Again, if fractal mastery is the reason, why not have it require 2000 relics or 20 pristine?

Funnily enough, it was my constant running of the dungeon that got me to notice how my pets instantly die on any boss, making every run a bit more frustrating since I can’t keep my pet alive against agony.

Also, thanks for reading and stuff and things.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I understand that the skins symbolize your mastery of the fractal dungeons, but as it stands right now it mainly symbolizes your luck. You must first get an item from the daily, then get a weapon instead of a ring, and then get the correct weapon out of 19 possible drops. Either you are incredibly lucky, or you have run fractals until your brains have fallen out (and even then you may not have the weapon you want).

It just isn’t fun. It’s a chore to run multiple fractals a day hoping for the lucky drop for a dungeon skin, when every other dungeon skin is available through a vendor and token progression.

I guess I just don’t understand why the skins that offer no statistical advantage over other players still uses RNG when rings and backpieces that do offer stat advantages have tangable goals that can be reached. Again, if fractal mastery is the reason, why not have it require 2000 relics or 20 pristine?

Funnily enough, it was my constant running of the dungeon that got me to notice how my pets instantly die on any boss, making every run a bit more frustrating since I can’t keep my pet alive against agony.

Also, thanks for reading and stuff and things.

I’m trying to get 1 of the weapons and it doesn’t look like it’s happening ontop of the absurdly low chances of even getting a weapon to drop like you said its 1/19 chance to get that specific weapon and you can keep getting a weapon you got from before. I wouldn’t mind paying 100 pristine relics for a weapon. I can keep running these dailies and keep getting nothing while someone gets 1 for the first time…

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Posted by: Hepan.2709

Hepan.2709

Cant you put the skin on a weapon and sell that?

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

just use thieves guild, an ELITE skill on a boss, they don’t last more than 5 seconds due 1 shot or aoe from boss, not even to mention the agony “buff”…

so, let’s talk about useless skills and pets and when NOT to use them…. (+ the 1 thief summoned via a trap is same story)

(edited by DanH.5879)

Posted by: scoobyconnah.9148

scoobyconnah.9148

just use thieves guild, an ELITE skill on a boss, they don’t last more than 5 seconds due 1 shot or aoe from boss, not even to mention the agony “buff”…
so, let’s talk about useless skills and pets and when NOT to use them…. (+ the 1 thief summoned via a trap is same story)

- thief doesn’t share his damage output with his minions
- ranger cannot choose when to USE his pet..its always there..dead

so, it looks like you don’t have legit reason to qq compared to rangers

Posted by: Icewolfnector.1487

Icewolfnector.1487

Cant you put the skin on a weapon and sell that?

If you transmute something it becomes bound, I think soulbound.

The whole pet vs monster aoe in general is a pretty annoing thing. As no pet or summoned minion evades they are pretty much useless against enemies with a lot of aoe or strong burst stuff like boss attacks.
Yes, this is especially bad for rangers as theire pet is mandatory.
My ranger is only lvl 20 at the moment, but I have already come across the pet problem wit some monsters. Probably an active “evade” ability for ranger pets would be nice. Or make them evade when you do or somehting like that.
Well i hope the will implement a solution for this sometime.

About the farctal weaopns:
They could add a token system with high costs in addition to the RNG. So you eigther get them by beeing lucky or just playing the fractals a lot but then get the weapon you want. At least some goal you could work towards, just like with the other dungeon skins.

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

I prefer a pet acessory system just one or two slots to put an acessory to gave them agony resistance, or more power, or more toughness.