Petition thread locked/deleted

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Danmaro.7453

Danmaro.7453

If you have moderators on here right now Anet. How about you do something about the VERY CLEAR DISAPPROVAL of your most recent patch. Don’t give automated responses and take thread down that tell the truth.

Do not ignore this. You need to address the issues stated within the last few hours alone, as soon as humanly possible. that doesn’t even scratch the surface of the work that needs to be done, balance wise, to the rest of your game. But this is by far the biggest issue right now.

Many people are stating very real concerns about your decision a few hours ago. You made such a bad decision, that there are more people against it, than there are for it. And with the amount of blind fanboys you have, that has to tell you that you messed up bad.

Posted by: Zabrios.6079

Zabrios.6079

It disappointed me a little when I saw that and my first thought was of censorship.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

I decided not to login the game anymore after that thread is locked.
This whole thing is so ridiculous.

Posted by: Olgit.8629

Olgit.8629

Find a post with constructive feedback and support it, by agreeing and adding your own feedback. Petition’s just look like whiney school kids with a grudge.

Posted by: Zachariel.5463

Zachariel.5463

Deleting and or locking threads is a great way to anger/alienate your player base community. In all honesty, that should be the last resort. It is also a great way to end up losing your job as a moderator as who do you think is going to be the scape goat when the backlash blows up in your face? Sorry, just stating the obvious.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

The problem with petitions is that you only reach one part of the communty. “Sign this petition against A” will only attract people who are against A, while maybe there is option B and C as well. In this case, it was asking for a complete rollback. While I agree that there should be a balance between reward and effort, I do not agree with a full rollback, because I do feel that being able to farm a dungeon was not the way it was meant to be.

So you won’t see my name on that petition. Other solutions get ignored. Players with other opinions get ignored. And by doing a petition, players may (wrongly) feel that they will get their way, if they only get enough signatures.

That is why petitions are forbidden on any game forum – not just this one. It has nothing to do with censorship. You are not forbidden to voice your opinion. But creating a petition gives skewed expectations that cannot be fulfilled, and is therefore useless.

Zachariel.5463

The problem with petitions is that you only reach one part of the communty. “Sign this petition against A” will only attract people who are against A, while maybe there is option B and C as well. In this case, it was asking for a complete rollback. While I agree that there should be a balance between reward and effort, I do not agree with a full rollback, because I do feel that being able to farm a dungeon was not the way it was meant to be.

So you won’t see my name on that petition. Other solutions get ignored. Players with other opinions get ignored. And by doing a petition, players may (wrongly) feel that they will get their way, if they only get enough signatures.

That is why petitions are forbidden on any game forum – not just this one. It has nothing to do with censorship. You are not forbidden to voice your opinion. But creating a petition gives skewed expectations that cannot be fulfilled, and is therefore useless.

That may be, but locking/deleting a post should be the last resort for any kind of moderator and should not be taken lightly as the backlash can and usually does cost you something in the end.

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

I feel like this company could care less about it’s players’ opinions.
I honestly look at GW2 with disgust right now. :|

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

That may be, but locking/deleting a post should be the last resort for any kind of moderator and should not be taken lightly as the backlash can and usually does cost you something in the end.

True, but in this case, there are tons of threads about the subject. I suspect there will be a lot of merging and locking done in the next few hours.

Petition threads are not discussion threads and pretty useless for the reasons I stated above. How would you handle it without locking? Let 100 people only say /sign? That is not discussion or constructive criticism, that is spam.

Posted by: Danmaro.7453

Danmaro.7453

The patch that was deployed tosha, was the most Irresponsible thing they could have done. In ANY MMO, you do not address PvE issues without warning and testing. Neither was done. It’s like a smack in the face. A blatant abuse of power. The rollback we are calling for, isn’t to have the 10-15 min runs back. It’s to have the feeling of a reward back. CoF is all i can speak for, because i haven’t lived through CM explorable (though i’ve heard nightmare stories) The event with the bomb was way imbalanced to begin with. Fixing that event to take a little longer is fine. But what they didn’t account for, is that is was near impossible to be completed correctly before the patch. Now, since the bomb takes longer, more mobs spawn. Making it 100% impossible to do legit.

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

My post wasnt about this patch, but the usefullness of a petition on a forum. Which is zero. I used this patch as an example to why petitions are useless, not to start yet another discussion about the patch itself.

Posted by: bar.4765

bar.4765

I have been an avid fan of Guild Wars since it begun.

But this update has completely disgusted me, nerfing the ability to make a decent amount of income has shown that ArenaNet are only interested in forcing players to buy gems in order to buy overpriced items ingame.

Pre-patch this was evident enough as seen by the huge costs compared to income (repair costs, travel costs, trade post tax) but now it has become far worse and made the game boring.

A suitable remedy would be an apology for removing threads debating this topic, and either reducing ingame costs (those that are stated above) or remove this debilitating patch focused on ruining an already weak economy.

I am all for more difficult dungeons, in particular I welcome making Citadel of Flame a harder dungeon, but adding game mechanics such as more monsters and thus damage is not a legitimate increase in difficulty.

Zachariel.5463

True, but in this case, there are tons of threads about the subject. I suspect there will be a lot of merging and locking done in the next few hours.

Petition threads are not discussion threads and pretty useless for the reasons I stated above. How would you handle it without locking? Let 100 people only say /sign? That is not discussion or constructive criticism, that is spam.

As many game forums do…let them say sign and be on their merry way. Or just lock it. NEVER Delete a thread. Never. It is horrible customer service and shows that your opinion supercedes any of the players opinions (while it may be true, shoving it in our face however is not a smart way. You don’t poke bears in a zoo.)

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

@zach ah, I see they’ve removed it. Yeh, I agree that is overkill. Just locking it and letting it get snowed under by the hundreds of other topics about the subject would have been better. When I wrote this, I thought it was only locked.

Zachariel.5463

@zach ah, I see they’ve removed it. Yeh, I agree that is overkill. Just locking it and letting it get snowed under by the hundreds of other topics about the subject would have been better. When I wrote this, I thought it was only locked.

I assumed you did, why I replied ;-)

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

I created that thread and I totally agree with you.

They can’t shut us up about this.