Phalanx vs. Ele

Phalanx vs. Ele

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Anyways, to answer OP:
Go PS on warrior if your party might is low. This can be due to various reasons.

• No ele in your group
  • Bad ele in your group
  • Content demands ele to go staff
  • Missed blasts due to messy coordination or underlying fields

In the terms of choosing PS or Ele, Ele > PS.

lol thanks

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I, for one, was mildly entertained by the internet drama on page 1.

Also I agree with spoj. Eles are the best overall but due to how unforgiving certain things in FotM are… sometimes things snowball quickly after a simple mistake.

I don’t see anything wrong with having a hammer guardian but christ it’s annoying when I waste my blast finishers and don’t get any might from them. :<

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I, for one, was mildly entertained by the internet drama on page 1.

Also I agree with spoj. Eles are the best overall but due to how unforgiving certain things in FotM are… sometimes things snowball quickly after a simple mistake.

I don’t see anything wrong with having a hammer guardian but christ it’s annoying when I waste my blast finishers and don’t get any might from them. :<

If it makes you feel better as a guardian main, I hate it just as much, freakin bullkitten, who kittening wants retaliation?

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Yes it is if you know how to dodge those hard hiting bosses. If youre gonna wipe youre gonna wipe anyway even with or without protection.

You can dodge all you want and pretend to be pro, won’t matter in the end since dodging = dps loss no matter how you put it. If there’s a way to mitigate damage and do more damage through that then why would we not do it? We can all solo Arah and other dungeons/fotm on Ele and Warr and probably any class if we cared, dodging doesn’t make you pro, having a good team and strat is only thing that matters in the end unless you’re soloing and this is ours. Also, correct me if I’m wrong but we beat your SE p1 earlier with 3 eles and 1 PS warr. 3 Eles could’ve stacked 25 might permanently easily yet we didn’t do it. Would’ve been a dps loss in the end. Feel free to do it yourself and beat us.
P.S. Sorry for letting you join our tours.

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Sarah.1804

Sarah.1804

So looking at this intire post from start to end…
Most things to see here is random showoff from people that:
1. Didnt properly test it w/e they’re discussing (maybe)
2. A display of how people think/like to play.

For 1 we can all say that everyone who brought arguments to this post has a diffrent playstyle, as all of us played toghetter at 1 point and had these kind of arguments 100x before we can say that all of us still own the “play how i want mindset”.
Example:
1. PS war -> staff ele might stacking.
Hell i prefer not to stack at the start and go full out dps, not haveing to care about useing blasts /tradeing in blast for other dps utility’s. In the end the dps loss is minor, and the time you would have lost is made up by bein able to full out burst from the 1st second = the whole reson for a ps war as ele is currently the highest sustained dps overall.

2. hammer guardian: as a hammmer guard traited with symbolic power and scattering eagis can still put out a fair deal of dps (not as mush as gs/sf or w/e) There are situations in longer fights where these builds can be an advantage, as guardian has always been a safety slot these kind of builds allow your team to basicly stand still and full out dps, not haveing to dodge, not going beneeth 90% etc etc, i think the thing we need to look at here is, is it worth it to lower 1 person’s dps a little to increase the partywide dps aloth? well personaly i think it is!
As we can keep argueing about whats good and what ist, the diffrence between these setups is mostly a mather of playstyle -> mind oriented playing.
This intire post can grow 10 more pages, and end up with nothing, but in the end we all go back to our own stuff and forget about this post.
My toughts?
PS + 2 staff ele’s > dps war + 2 msing staff ele’s, why? as said above i like to be able to start bursting from second 1 in the fight, does it have a diffrance in the end? minor…
Hammer guard > dps guard, why? Giving my team the oppertunity to put out loads more dps w/o haveing to care for dodging/ going below 90% seems right, 1 person’s dps < party dps imo.
But hey thats just me.
Sorry for my bad grammar/maybe a weird way of explaneing.
Menno-

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Yes it is if you know how to dodge those hard hiting bosses. If youre gonna wipe youre gonna wipe anyway even with or without protection.

You can dodge all you want and pretend to be pro, won’t matter in the end since dodging = dps loss no matter how you put it. If there’s a way to mitigate damage and do more damage through that then why would we not do it? We can all solo Arah and other dungeons/fotm on Ele and Warr and probably any class if we cared, dodging doesn’t make you pro, having a good team and strat is only thing that matters in the end unless you’re soloing and this is ours. Also, correct me if I’m wrong but we beat your SE p1 earlier with 3 eles and 1 PS warr. 3 Eles could’ve stacked 25 might permanently easily yet we didn’t do it. Would’ve been a dps loss in the end. Feel free to do it yourself and beat us.
P.S. Sorry for letting you join our tours.

I play the mystical might-stacking Engineer profession, where dodging is a dps increase. Life is good.

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I play an illusive profession where evading and blocking is actually a massive dps burst. Life is good here too.

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

>>>*aloth*<<<

Arghhhhhh Menno

Engis confirmed master-prof new meta and fluff.

Snow Crows [SC]

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I always thought that a staff ele and a ps warr is at least equal to might stacker and a dps warr. I guess a dps warr and 2 stack eles are superior,though.

Grimkram [sS]

Phalanx vs. Ele

Amicable Pugs.4503

8 seconds is not that impresive tbh but yea gz on that mesmer tactics though .

Stop trying to claim that those were YOUR tactics, everything has been done before you even did it. Claiming stuff that’s been done before as your own tactic is pretty lame and gives you a bad image and since you’re a big part of LuPi, gives that bad image to your guild too.
So gratz on what you achieved in this thread.
Look how old the portal to golem tactic is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVsN18X0xKo
And the portal to 1st boss, everyone and their mother knows it. So tell me again what’s YOUR tactic?

(edited by Amicable Pugs.4503)

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

To be back on topic, all is a matter of preference for casual runs I’d say. For record runs, you want to min-max everything. I personnally would not use a PS War for dungeons for a speedclear (except for a few niche situations), but that’s just a general preference.

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

I agree on what Jerem said. It’s personal taste if you want ro sacrifice either ele or war dps to give more group benefits. As PS goes hand in hand with EA, one might like the PS warrior more. Now don’t come with “no need for EA, nor PS; l2p noob“. I know that you don’t need EA but having it is a nice benefit.
Also as staff ele is simply a beast compared to s/d or s/f I prefer to have the PS war.

Deathly btw. aren’t we all PHIWs ? But yeah, pretty much what kitten y said to the rest.

toxic since 2012

Phalanx vs. Ele

Amicable Pugs.4503

I agree on what Jerem said. It’s personal taste if you want ro sacrifice either ele or war dps to give more group benefits. As PS goes hand in hand with EA, one might like the PS warrior more. Now don’t come with “no need for EA, nor PS; l2p noob“. I know that you don’t need EA but having it is a nice benefit.
Also as staff ele is simply a beast compared to s/d or s/f I prefer to have the PS war.

Deathly btw. aren’t we all PHIWs ? But yeah, pretty much what kitten y said to the rest.

Don’t u just love how they censor my name?:D

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

To be back on topic, all is a matter of preference for casual runs I’d say. For record runs, you want to min-max everything. I personnally would not use a PS War for dungeons for a speedclear (except for a few niche situations), but that’s just a general preference.

Well said! :P

Phalanx vs. Ele

GrimmR.3541

Don’t u just love how they censor my name?:D

Yeah, wtf even!

toxic since 2012

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Are you all seriously arguing about “stealing tactics”?

Record runs are taking what other people have done before and doing one or two things slightly better or getting better RNG. That’s what it is. Complaining about refining one small thing or having better RNG is shouting at clouds.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

^ this.

And if Deathly/LuPi has new tactics that’s even better

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Phalanx vs. Ele

GrimmR.3541

U whot cheezy ?

toxic since 2012

Phalanx vs. Ele

Cheezy.2039

U whot cheezy ?

Yeah, if they have new tactics we can steal them again, dimbo

On a serious note, I like watching new innovative stuff

Phalanx vs. Ele

GrimmR.3541

Sneaky Thief..
Same but I don’t like stubborn attitude!

toxic since 2012

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

tl;dr – we should copyright the ability to switch traits, utilities and weapons when out of combat.

Snow Crows [SC]

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

tl;dr – we should copyright the ability to switch traits, utilities and weapons when out of combat.

Take it as you want, all im gonna say to finish this thing is when i watched your record it felt like it was the same video we LuPi did but with 8 sec better rng at tazza wich is ironically exactly what I said in my description of my 3:28 (“Close to perfect , we lost around 8 sec on the 3 golems,tazza. Swiftness ran out and 1 down .” [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS4XRMgl38o]) . But im done,there is no point arguing with any of you from iV , better to just show you with videos then try to talk with you.

I feel heartbroken.
Jk, I don’t have a hearth

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Phalanx vs. Ele

GrimmR.3541

Well, that escalated fair too easy. Deathly, as we are friends, the way you talked about our guild was not a good one. I am sorry if you feel offended in any way but the way you acted was kinda offensive aswell; in my opinion at least..
You guys don’t like to run a PS war, thats fine. We can share our points of view in a normal way without kittening around who has more experience to just underline arguments resulting out of PERSONAL PREFERNCE. Same goes for my guys.
Gosh, the toxicity in this community is deep.. One might say we “Elitists“ should work together to achieve stuff on this game. In fact I simply see rivalry and arrogance creating dark clouds above the fields of tyria.

Don’t get me wrong I like you all, my guys and you deathly, and I don’t mean to offend anyone. But this is simple bullkitten overacting. We can do better than that!

/ That being said by one of the biggest trolls..

toxic since 2012

(edited by GrimmR.3541)

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

kitten it Grimm, what am I going to do with all this popcorn now?

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

It’s not that surprising that dispute take place in a community in which are that many people who show conceited demeanor again and again.

Grimkram [sS]

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I blame the lack of Bingo posts and new challenge.
@Deathly, if you feel it’s unfair with the whole shenanigans with SEp1, think of Sandy’s feeling when people re-did his Arah p3. Be a bit more professional.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I blame the lack of Bingo posts and new challenge.
@Deathly, if you feel it’s unfair with the whole shenanigans with SEp1, think of Sandy’s feeling when people re-did his Arah p3. Be a bit more professional.

Or any of the other records that every guild has done, including LuPi, that were merely incremental improvements on previous ones. I don’t see anything different here than dozens of other new records.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Oh, just because he was arguing on a Mesmer’s perspective.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Phalanx vs. Ele

Cheezy.2039

Take it as you want, all im gonna say to finish this thing is when i watched your record it felt like it was the same video we LuPi did but with 8 sec better rng at tazza wich is ironically exactly what I said in my description of my 3:28 (“Close to perfect , we lost around 8 sec on the 3 golems,tazza. Swiftness ran out and 1 down .” [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS4XRMgl38o]) . But im done,there is no point arguing with any of you from iV , better to just show you with videos then try to talk with you.

Ok, I think this is like putting oil into fire but I will regret it if I don’t say it (sorry Grimm for letting you down).
This is something personal, no offense to LuPi. YOU were the one kittening at our record, you were the one bashing PS wars, hammer guards and finally the whole of iV. I don’t think you even fully tested PS and seeing as you wrote protection is a worthless boon I want to see you do open field Tazza and Kaeyi reliably without the protection from the Earth Elementals. You said we have the same time until Tazza, but you used time warp beforehand. You said your run was close to perfect ‘losing 8 seconds’ but we got these 8 seconds and our Tazza kill can still use a lot of refinement.
I know that you alone don’t represent your guild entirely but this made you appear like a bunch of idiots. What huge innovation do you expect in content that is two years old? What kind of ‘real’ innovation did you bring in your SE record? Until the three golems SE P1 is so straight forward I feel 99.9% sure when I say we won’t see fundamentally new strategies.

All of that being said I am eager to see you follow up on your words because indeed, after you being such a huge kitten I don’t believe anything you say without proof.

Cheers

(edited by Cheezy.2039)

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Oh boy, almost as good as illegal vedios *crunches on popcorn*

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

*brings in a huge truck of popcorn*

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Phalanx vs. Ele

GrimmR.3541

Sad Grimm is sad..

toxic since 2012

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: Hennessey.2985

Hennessey.2985

reminded me of this…
Be friends, guys!

Gnome Child [Gc]

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I thought that the usual, kittening mantra “25 might, 25 vuln, fury, banners + necessary utilities and defense and THEN take whatever the hell you want to do damage” was still working. Or am I wrong? Why you still at it? Goood, hold your hyppos…

Phalanx vs. Ele

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495