Players kicking other players in pugs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sinid.7460

Sinid.7460

Players kicking other players in the final boss…This needs to stop. I’ve heard of people having this happen to them and tonight it just happened to me… this is pretty upsetting and very annoying. I did report them ingame but I know nothing will probably happen to them anyway… what can I do to make justice happen? Also how can we get rid of this issue?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The most fair way I can think to do it is to disallow kicking at the final event. Also to require unanimous approval, not just a two guys

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Sinid.7460

Is there any way for me to find their guild leader / officers and tell them about this so they deal with them in someway? Because if people don’t get punished for doing this type of thing, they will just find another way of doing it eventually….and I really wish justice would be served.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

“Justice” Id like to hear their half of the story frankly. There are two sides to this, and without the other its an incomplete picture.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Sinid.7460

Me and my guildie got kicked from the group in the end right before final boss went down… asked them why. Was told it was because I’m bad and to l2p… they were jerks… we were never rude to them or anything like that…

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Still never had a problem with this in hundreds of runs. Maybe I"m just lucky!

Sinid.7460

I was thinking the same until this happened to me… so far what I can take from this is that the best thing is to avoid using the LFG and just make groups with guildies only… they probably won’t get punished for that and might do it again… I guess that’s it really….

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Still never had a problem with this in hundreds of runs. Maybe I"m just lucky!

This! then again, i never join groups i wont work in, i avoid zerker groups, etc. if i join a group and it has 4 people in one guild i leave, because i dont want to get kicked from the final fight so they can bring a guild member in, yes its happened to me. And i use the LFG tool all the time if i cant get a guild group!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

As much as I despise it when players do this just to troll somebody, I was on the rare occasion that my friends and I decided to kick someone at the last fractal.
We are a friendly bunch. More than once we ran with random newbies and took our time to explain them how to do this and that, what to expect of certain bosses and especially what agony resistance is. Same with dungeons by the way.

So about that time we kicked someone before the last boss:
Besaid player insisted on having enough agony resistance for a lvl38 dungeon. We got suspicious several times because he dropped like a brick at many occasions. And given by his chat, he was understanding english well enough to know what we tried to explain him.
But we gave him the benefit of a doubt. There are points where you can drop dead instantly if you just got berserker gear or are having lag-issues.
We reach the final boss, Mai. As we pass the door to her area, we all get the usual agony and the player drops dead instantly.
So he had barely any AR, had been lying to us several times about it, dropped down once again and we’ve had it after running the fractal mostly with the three of us and another random while he inspected the quality of the dirt and being afk at several occasions.

I support better protection against players kicking with no reason, but besaid protection has to go both ways.
I’m not going to support it if it benefits the kind of players like the one I encountered with my friends.