Please do not make the dungeons easy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xee.1593

Xee.1593

I have been reading many threads in there about how hard teh dungeons are and please change this and that to make this easier. We run dungeons nighlty in our guild and sure some are nutz in hardness but we eventually figured them all out. that said we have rotated almost all our guild memebers through all the stories at this point almost and they are getting easier every run.

Some things to help you get through easier:

1. invest in toughness. Dont focus on all dmg you will not win.
2. use tatcis and dodge alot. (example. have classes that have reflect or reduce projectiles use abilites when needed)
3. have utility people that can help heal if possible.
4. gear, gear , gear…. make sure you have really good gear from PVE or WvW
we found that people that die alot tend to be weak in the gear or in some cases skill
5. learn to swap weapons or elements. you need to take advantage of both ranged and melee and abilites more than in PVE/WvW. know all your skills and plan to carry extra weapons that you normally dont use incase there is an ability which may solve the issue.

These are about all I can do to help. making things easier is not the solution.

PS. Titans Havoc on tarnish coast is always looking for more peoples

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

It would be nice if dungeons were consistent, though.

Not having one boss take forever and then the next, and sometimes final, boss be pathetic in comparison. Bosses and encounters are definitely surmountable, but the way they are balanced makes dungeons feel less fluid than they could be.

Difficult dungeons are great, but one extremely difficult encounter and then a downhill slide from then on makes doing dungeons feel broken.

Posted by: Stalkarn.1329

Stalkarn.1329

Atlest have pitty on the melee classes:-) I’m not one of them but I feel sorry for them.

Posted by: Gies.3824

Gies.3824

There definitely is a large number of fights that discourage melee.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

The amount of QQ on these forums about the dungeons is probably the most depressing thing I’ve seen surrounding an MMO in quite a while. But anyway, good post, OP, we can only hope they don’t water them down into WoW (or Rift) style, “casual” hand holding, loot pinata romps.

It’s a shame people couldn’t just give it some time and learn that they’re dying constantly because they’re running their glass cannon, PvE leveling setups, and don’t yet properly understand the mechanics.

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

i think they’ll be made harder over the coming months, a good deal of them(explorable and story) need to be. once people get over their trauma and play just a little bit better, it’ll sink in for alot of them.

this is not to say that i think dungeons are worthwhile, because the reward for time spent/frustration is pathetic.

Posted by: Xee.1593

Xee.1593

The amount of QQ on these forums about the dungeons is probably the most depressing thing I’ve seen surrounding an MMO in quite a while. But anyway, good post, OP, we can only hope they don’t water them down into WoW (or Rift) style, “casual” hand holding, loot pinata romps.

It’s a shame people couldn’t just give it some time and learn that they’re dying constantly because they’re running their glass cannon, PvE leveling setups, and don’t yet properly understand the mechanics.

I agree fully. People need to learn it. our first runs were dreadful and cost a pretty penny. After understanding what we need to do to beat certian bosses it was alot easier. Example the one boss you have to use the guns on the ground to lure the robots into him where they explode. other like another posted you take more dmg when you move. Dodge is also yoru best friend.

Posted by: Deluxxe.9140

Deluxxe.9140

Not every player wants to farm the best gear in the game though. Not every player wants to necessarily be an elite player and master the game. Some people just want to enjoy the experience and have fun.
IMO you shouldn’t have to be an elite gw2 gamer to enjoy the story mode dungeons (ArenaNet even said story mode was for everyone). That’s where I think the majority of the complaints are coming from.
I’m all for having really challenging dungeons for the elite players, but shouldn’t there be a version of the dungeon that can be enjoyed by casual players?

(edited by Deluxxe.9140)

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

“Cassual” does not mean they should not be required to learn game mechanics though and that is the single solitary reason people are having so many issues with the dungeons right now, they are still talking in terms of “tanky specs”, “healy specs” and what “role” they are trying to fill, this right there tells me and others who have finaly figured it out that they have not yet, thats not even including their lack of utilizing or even KNOWING about combos fields and finishers. No one told me about them, the thrill of discovery and OH COOL! was there when I read my abilities and said “what does that mean?” and so started experimenting, then started searching abotu what ELSE they can do.

These are the mechanics of this game, once you learn them and use them, the story modes are beyond easy and do not need to be adjusted.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

There are still those roles in Guild Wars 2. When I read the interview, it sounded adorably pretentious.

In Guild Wars 2, we don’t have TANKS. We have CONTROL.
In Guild Wars 2, we don’t have HEALS. We have SUPPORT.
In Guild Wars 2, we don’t have DPS. We have DAMAGE.

It was kind of funny. Anyway, people fulfill roles, whether they know it or not. As a Mesmer, I fulfill the role of Control and Support sometimes and Damage others. I understand why people shy away from things that other MMOs have, because they want to believe their MMO is DIFFERENT. But, no, people still have purposes in groups. That has not changed.