Please dont nerf my COF

Please dont nerf my COF

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: monkeydluffy.7896

monkeydluffy.7896

I have 500g currently, saving up for my legendary. If you guys are going to nerf it, please nerf it after I got my legendary =)

I Love my mesmers and they make me good money lolz. I remember when I was dirt poor 8g at level 80 then I found COF and it made me rich =D

if anything make it easier for us remove those falling boulders and yeah thanks

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Where’s the -1 button?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Worst request of the week. Make it harder.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Where’s the -1 button?

+1

Although my +1 to your -1 would imply a zero sum, when in fact the intention of my +1 is to support your -1 leaving a -2.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It is probably the COF1 farmers who drive the price of legendaries so high, out of the price range of players who don’t farm COF1 with speed runs.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Where’s the -1 button?

+1

Although my +1 to your -1 would imply a zero sum, when in fact the intention of my +1 is to support your -1 leaving a -2.

If I recall from school a positive/positive ( + / + ) equals to a positive and a negative/positive (-/+) results in an overall negative.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Please dont nerf my COF

Milennin.4825

It is probably the COF1 farmers who drive the price of legendaries so high, out of the price range of players who don’t farm COF1 with speed runs.

That’s right.
People complain about precursors being too expensive, but then they proceed making the situation only worse by pumping huge amounts of money into the game by speedclearing the same dungeon over again.
Well, as soon as ArenaNet nerfs this amount of income, you’ll see the prices of precursors dropping. Assuming speedrunners don’t find the next thing that makes as much as CoF did.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

That’s right.
People complain about precursors being too expensive, but then they proceed making the situation only worse by pumping huge amounts of money into the game by speedclearing the same dungeon over again.
Well, as soon as ArenaNet nerfs this amount of income, you’ll see the prices of precursors dropping. Assuming speedrunners don’t find the next thing that makes as much as CoF did.

There will always be a “fastest farm,” it just may not be as fast as CoF1 is now.

Please dont nerf my COF

Turial.1293

That’s right.

I highly doubt precursors prices dropping unless they either give the mystic toilet a better drop rate or provide better loot for the casual player. I have given in after 1500 hours and hundreds of rares/exotics in the forge; I finally gave in and began to farm CoF. It is far too hard to make good gold in this game, remove CoF, orr mat farming and the new daily chests then you tell me what is there left to farm in the game? How would you make gold? Merching blues/greens months on end?

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Seconded. Dont Nerf please. None of the bosses need any type of re-vamp. Slave driver is hard, the end effigy i cant even count how many times Ive died because of him dropping a crystal on my head, having me bounce around into more crystals until i die!

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I’ve got a proposition for you OP and friends (who don’t seem to know what a game is).

• Make CoF 1 harder
  • (Slightly) Increase coin drop for all enemies in the game
  • Increase/decrease the drop chance of a precursor based on the demand and supply of these items on Trading Post, so not to ruin the economy and give all players the exact same chance to craft legendaries
  • Improve the loot of all hardened bosses in dungeons (chance for extra tokens, chance for exclusive skins, chance to get extra coins, chance to get Globs, exotic crafting materials, etc)

Deal?

(edited by Rash.6514)

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

As for my third bullet, I thought it was fairer to give that suggestion, however I don’t completely agree with it. I think the precursor should be a certain drop (100% chance) of a VERY hard boss in the game. One that would really require skill to defeat. I am not talking about Arah P4. I am not saying a long and winding road to a boss. I am saying a KITTEN (I wrote that myself, it wasn’t replaced by the forum) HARD boss fight, like a challenge. Something along the lines of the Doppelganger mission on Guild Wars 1, but even harder.

Like you should be Ascended (in GW1 it was the players, not the items), you should prove you are worthy of getting your precursor. (It could be part of an optional personal story quest line, afterall getting the legendary should be part of your story)

(edited by Rash.6514)

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Emissary.3792

Emissary.3792

That’s right.

+1 on inflation via gold farming. The better solution though, is either
a) Adjust the gold to loot ratio. Less gold, more/better loot.
b) Make it less stupidly unlikely to get a precursor out of the mystic forge.

Please dont nerf my COF

Milennin.4825

I highly doubt precursors prices dropping unless they either give the mystic toilet a better drop rate or provide better loot for the casual player. I have given in after 1500 hours and hundreds of rares/exotics in the forge; I finally gave in and began to farm CoF. It is far too hard to make good gold in this game, remove CoF, orr mat farming and the new daily chests then you tell me what is there left to farm in the game? How would you make gold? Merching blues/greens months on end?

What I mean is that it gives the illusion of making you rich. Yeah, 300 gold could get you pretty much any precursor some months ago. Now you’re looking at about twice that amount. Because everyone and their grandma thinks they can get rich by making fast money in CoF, which all it does is pump more money into the game. More money in the game = Wealthier player base = Higher precursor prices.

Not just that, but you basically support the current system as it is. If people would just stop running the treadmill of endless grind, maybe ArenaNet would get the hint that their current system is absolute garbage.
But since everyone’s jumping on the “zOMG must farm moneys 10h a day speedrunning CoF to buy meh legendaries lolz” bandwagon, ArenaNet will see no need to change anything and will happily introduce more insane grinds to the game to accommodate to the zombified player-base.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I hope they make it easier actually, then those zergers that don’t already have one will get one sooner and will have “beaten” the game. After spending a few weeks in L.A. flexing their new legendary they will hopefully grow bored and move on. This will free up the game for those of us that enjoy the game for what it is and not how fast we can get our shinies.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

The reason why precursors are ridiculously priced is because of the supply. It’s is basically gotten through only 2 methods – Random drops and Mystic Forge. Both of them have low RNG. TP basically only acts as a distribution center. TP does not create precursors.

For this, ANet representatives has previously made some comment and “monitoring” of the state of the precursor market. You can still find the stickied post in the Crafting section. There was even talks of a Scavenger Hunt to help with the supply problem. The acknowledgement by ANet happened around late-october/early-november last year. Before the COF1 farm party with its 4war/1mes setup became a public phenomenon.

The scarcity of precursors and the perpetual work-in-progress of the scavenger hunt allow the price of precursors to continually increase in price. If you wanna get it from the TP, you basically have to outbid everyone which essentially means you HAVE to have more wealth than everyone else who are buying it.

It is this system that promotes the disparity between wealth amongst buyers. It encourages the fact that if you want to buy a precursor off the TP, you have to find some way to earn more gold than next person who is bidding for the item you want. And precursors are not priced at what they are intrinsically worth. They are priced at what the sellers think they are worth to the buyers. That means no hard price ceilings. In fact, I have seen a few instances the supply of particular precursors empty from the TP, only to be re-listed at >100g higher than previous.

It is a precursor supply problem. If it is not CoF1, it will be some other ways of farming that will have an edge over the "normal"dungeon runners.

(edited by mosspit.8936)

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Teenwolf.9174

Teenwolf.9174

Why nerf a good thing? You want the dungeon harder? Run with an all ranger or necro group. BAM! Harder. Don’t hate on the people who run it they way they found to be the most efficient. It’s not their fault you don’t play their way. Why should they have to play your way?

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

That’s right.

I don’t think CoF introduces a dramatically larger amount of gold into the economy than farming Orr does. A lot of the money gained from CoF is actually from TP sales of ecto purchased with tokens (which introduces more ecto into the economy, it only redistributes gold – it doesn’t bring more into the game) and lodestones found in karma boxes. Players were gold farming before CoF p1 and they will be gold farming after CoF p1. Gold was always being introduced into the economy and precursors were always reserved for the rich.

If players didn’t farm CoF, they would just farm something else.

The real problem is the need to acquire so much gold to acquire a precursor and nerfing CoF won’t solve that problem.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

CoF devalues my money. Please rework this dungeon. The atmosphere of this dungeon is awesome and p3 prenerf was a good challenge ( haven’t tried it postnerf).

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

If they made CoF p1 harder the casuals that complain that they can’t join a speed run group would prob not be able to do it at all and it would be like half the other dungeons that no one does.

CoF isn’t the best gold per hour dungeon even, it’s just pretty good and fairly chill with a low skill cap to be sucessful at it. There would be plenty of other places similar to CoF to move too but they would be more demanding and more elitest then before. If they nerfed all dungeons then the only people that could afford anything would be credit card gold buyers, expoiters, and trading post players.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

If they made CoF p1 harder the casuals that complain that they can’t join a speed run group would prob not be able to do it at all and it would be like half the other dungeons that no one does.

CoF isn’t the best gold per hour dungeon even, it’s just pretty good and fairly chill with a low skill cap to be sucessful at it. There would be plenty of other places similar to CoF to move too but they would be more demanding and more elitest then before. If they nerfed all dungeons then the only people that could afford anything would be credit card gold buyers, expoiters, and trading post players.

Or these so called “casuals” would actually get better at the game.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

Or these so called “casuals” would actually get better at the game.

Just like they are hard at work practicing CM SE CoE, new AC, and every other obsolete dungeon, and not crying on forums about CoF when they don’t even know what a speed run is.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Please dont nerf my COF

Turial.1293

What I mean is that it gives the illusion of making you rich. Yeah, 300 gold could get you pretty much any precursor some months ago. Now you’re looking at about twice that amount. Because everyone and their grandma thinks they can get rich by making fast money in CoF, which all it does is pump more money into the game. More money in the game = Wealthier player base = Higher precursor prices.

Not just that, but you basically support the current system as it is. If people would just stop running the treadmill of endless grind, maybe ArenaNet would get the hint that their current system is absolute garbage.
But since everyone’s jumping on the “zOMG must farm moneys 10h a day speedrunning CoF to buy meh legendaries lolz” bandwagon, ArenaNet will see no need to change anything and will happily introduce more insane grinds to the game to accommodate to the zombified player-base.

You misunderstand me, I don’t want to “jump on the bandwagon” but I am left with no option as my interest wanes in grind wars more and more. I don’t want to support this system and in other games I never do but there is not much else in the game for me to do. Why should I farm blues/greens to not support while everyone else makes 20 times what I make in a fraction of the time? Why bother? They won’t nerf it till everyone in the player base is farming it. CoF is not the endless grind that needs to be nerfed, the mystic toilet/precursor challenge is. I don’t want to do it but I want my precursor too and I won’t wait much longer :/

EDIT: Forgot to add that it is not just CoF; once or IF it ever is nerfed then the “efficient” gamers will find a new route to easy gold, and once that is nerfed they look again, and again, etc. You could nerf CoF but what needs to be nerfed is what we need all the gold for. Making a single precursor drop per account would destroy most of this overpricing on precursors and if they force it to be account bound on acquire then that will stop people from making money off it. Should have been done in the first place.

To make my idea a bit more coherent, I’ll break it down;
1. leave the mystic forge way of gaining precursor as it is, (this provides a way for multiple precursors)
2. add a precursor claim ticket which gives you a choice of your precursor,
3. this precursor must be account bound or if soulbound then ticket must be account bound,
4. claim ticket is gained from personal story completion (PS is trash and useless waste of time),
5. move the pact weapons availability to when fort trinity opens for that player (rare weapons for PS is a stupid reward),
6. every other grind for the legendary left as it is also (all within a players grasp and mostly unaffected by TP flipping).

(edited by Turial.1293)

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

I don’t feel like CoF Path 1 needs a nerf. It’s really the only thing in the game in which I can quantify how much I need to do to get _ item such as a legendary. If this gets nerfed to stupidity, it’s back to square one of, “Maybe if I hope and pray enough, maybe, just maybe, I might get the precursor I need” because the rest of the game is lolrng.

I for one am not even going to bother with a legendary if all I have is lolrng. I don’t get decent drops.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

That’s right.

Yea, but also people have less gold income so the precusor will remain as unobtainable as it was in the first place. Prices goes up because people have lots of gold, the price will go down when people have less gold, however that doesn’t necessarily make precursors more available for the average player.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

CoF is good place to farm gold. It’s true.
Large Quantity of gold in game is making the gold itself less valuable then items’ prices raises. It’s true.
What is the first issue?
Farmers farming gold to afford expensive items?
TP players using TP flipping items or investing based on the inflation raising prices regulary?
At the end Farmer will have to farm even more, and TP players will gather more and more gold.
What should be nerf at first? or both at once?
I know what should be done but I won’t post it noone would like the idea anyway lol, I don’t like it myself ^^

Please dont nerf my COF

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Hey monkeydluffy.7896,

as there already is an active thread revolving around the same topic, we would like you to continue your discussion over there, as it makes it easier for us to collect your feedback and keep the forum clean. Therefore we decided to close this thread.
You can find the thread I mentioned over here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Revamp-Cof-dungeons-and-remove-boulders-trap/

Thanks for your understanding.