Please fix fractal 41 - 50 tier rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kainis.9475

Kainis.9475

I can’t find any evidence that a fractal tonic has dropped from the 41 – 50 tier since March 18th, 2015. We’re getting close to 3 months based on that, for a time gated item that you get one shot a day at the item.

At least 50 people run this daily, I think it’s closer to at least 300 though. In 90 days, I can find no evidence that a tonic has been awarded. That drop rate is either abysmally low, or it just simply isn’t in the drop tables at all.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

“That drop rate is…abysmally low”

Answered your own question.

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

I can’t find any evidence that a fractal tonic has dropped from the 41 – 50 tier since March 18th, 2015. We’re getting close to 3 months based on that, for a time gated item that you get one shot a day at the item.

At least 50 people run this daily, I think it’s closer to at least 300 though. In 90 days, I can find no evidence that a tonic has been awarded. That drop rate is either abysmally low, or it just simply isn’t in the drop tables at all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

Google is your friend.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

We’ve had 4 total drop in the guild. It’s just a really rare drop.

(edited by Enko.6123)

Posted by: Kainis.9475

Kainis.9475

I’ve seen LOD, ZoS, and KING’s research on all fractal reward drop rates. I read here for people bragging that they got one. No tonic appears to have dropped for anyone between August 2013 and October 2014. Then starting October 2014, at least 20 dropped in a single week, they tapered off after that with about 1 every two weeks that I could see. Then March 18th one drops and nothing since then.

My theory is that it keeps getting stealth patched out of the drop tables, I don’t know if that is intentional or unintentional. If it’s actually just a really low drop rate, then I’d have to do the 41 – 50 every day for 2 years just to have an even shot at it. That’s just stupid for what the tonic is. More likely, the drop rates are being manipulated. If it’s intentional, I don’t believe we should be kept in the dark when items are no longer dropping deliberately.

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Meh its apparently a really low drop rate lol. I this point fractals is almost being abandoned. barely people doing them as the reward/time investment is a joke. Hey anet I love the 1 gold I get after completing the hardest content. If you do get a tonic u make sure to treasure it XD

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

That’s why drop rate research is a nice idea but in the end rather useless. If anything, all we can see is that Anet indeed messes around with the drop rates between patches.

Enko.6123

Meh its apparently a really low drop rate lol. I this point fractals is almost being abandoned. barely people doing them as the reward/time investment is a joke. Hey anet I love the 1 gold I get after completing the hardest content. If you do get a tonic u make sure to treasure it XD

the reward/time is fine if you’re doing sub 30 min runs. the straight up gold isn’t but you usually get enough rares and exotics it makes up for it.

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

Drop rate research paints a general overview of the loot tables. And if the drop rates had been altered, it should show up in the research. Like the one linked by Xcorpdog.2840.

We have to recognize the delicate balance between incentivizing the effort spent to complete the fractal and exclusivity of the end reward.

In other words, if the tonic were a fairly common loot, it loses its uniqueness. And it is precisely because of this uniqueness that we continue to run higher scale fractals.

Personally, I think these are the two factors that throw high scale fractals’ reward into question:

1. Mismatch between amount of effort spent and the reward at the end
  2. Limited access to roll for the reward more than once per day

For (1), if the party was able to clear the fractal within 30 mins, I suspect that there will be fewer suggestions to “correct” the loot tables.

For (2), we have similar items that are on “abysmal drop rates”, like the Queen Bee. But we have heard little to no feedback about it. Why? Because we can roll for it as many times as we want.

So how do we address this?

• Reduce fractal difficulty? – Re-balance the effort spent vs reward
  • Leave it to the community to form specialized teams that clear fractals efficiently? – Keeps the exclusivity of the tonic but marginalizes a larger segment of the community
  • Make the tonic accessible at lower fractal tiers but at even lower drop rates? – Opens up options but risks losing exclusivity of the tonic as there are more chances for people to roll for it

These are questions that ANet can consider as well. Fixing the reward specifically for the higher tiers is unlikely to result in a solution that satisfies everyone.

(edited by EiLrahc.8076)

Enko.6123

I’ve seen LOD, ZoS, and KING’s research on all fractal reward drop rates. I read here for people bragging that they got one. No tonic appears to have dropped for anyone between August 2013 and October 2014. Then starting October 2014, at least 20 dropped in a single week, they tapered off after that with about 1 every two weeks that I could see. Then March 18th one drops and nothing since then.

My theory is that it keeps getting stealth patched out of the drop tables, I don’t know if that is intentional or unintentional. If it’s actually just a really low drop rate, then I’d have to do the 41 – 50 every day for 2 years just to have an even shot at it. That’s just stupid for what the tonic is. More likely, the drop rates are being manipulated. If it’s intentional, I don’t believe we should be kept in the dark when items are no longer dropping deliberately.

I don’t think KING shows their raw data for there’s so can’t tell when the 2 tonics that dropped for them were.

Also for a note for LOD’s, we reset our’s completely back to 0 for all tiers when they supposedly fixed the 41-50 tier last time.

I think KING only reset that tier.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

At times I wonder if I’m the only person who would trade a possible fractal tonic drop for an ascended chest.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

At times I wonder if I’m the only person who would trade a possible fractal tonic drop for an ascended chest.

Probablly yes.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

A friend was leeching a 50 from us 2 days ago and he got the tonic.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

A friend was leeching a 50 from us 2 days ago and he got the tonic.

Well since he is a friend you should be happy for him. Now get his account information and sell all his stuff!