Please fix the rare veggie pizza exploit!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: BaconofPigs.1683

BaconofPigs.1683

Currently the rare veggie pizza gives +20% condition duration and +70 condition damage. Given the fact that condition duration scales directly with condition damage, it is basically a multiplicative factor.

Now that we have normalized condition duration with “expertise”, this food gives all condition damage dealer a way too huge buff. It used to be 40%. That was literally +600 expertise!. Even at 20% condition duration, it literally translates to +300 expertise. More than the primary stat of an armor set!

At higher level fractals/raid, direct damage and condition damage built without this broken food are already on par with each other. The reason why you see the new berserker viper is insanely overpower is partly the result of this exploit.

Now all most other food gives +100 primary, +70 secondary stats. You can see why this is broken. I do not see truffle steak gives +300 power +70 precision, nor +300 precision + 70 ferocity. There is no other food that gives you +370 stat unconditionally!!.

This rare veggi pizza is thus an oversight on the design part. It should have been +100 expertise, +70 condition damage or +100 condition damage + 70 expertise.

Please fix. Thanks.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

How is that the issue with the burnzerker when all condi builds use it?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Actually this isnt that strong on classes without burn. Burn is the culprit for over the top condition damage, not condi duration on its own.

BaconofPigs.1683

Yeah, that’s why I said it’s partly, not completely the issue, they’ll have to take a look at specifically burn berserker by itself.

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

This isn’t an exploit at all, I suggest you look up what that is. This is more an oversight of overbudgeted food that they didn’t tone down when they re-did stats.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Go ahead and nerf Boon Duration, too? +300 Concentration (and 40% Magic Find!) is clearly too much

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Without that food condition damage classes immediately fall down to garbage tier.

If you don’t mind all condition classes getting a 20% damage buff to compensate then sure go ahead and change the food.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

40% magic find is like 8370 luck!!!!! OMG!!!!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Need to salvage a stack of Bags of Masterwork Gears for all that luck. The food is clearly too out of line.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

+300 Concentration and 8370 points worth of luck in a single Nourishment?!?!?!?

NEW META NOMS

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

if you want to remove condition damage from the meta already, fix this “exploit” troll lol lmao

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Yay, let’s throw around trigger words like “exploit” on every thopic or game aspect we disagree/dislike.

Let’s not give any care to what exploit actually means but rather generate a lot of buzz for this rant/complaint/suggestion we have.

I’m sure the inability to use proper terminology will absolutely make people take my topic seriously.

/sarcasm

On topic, rare veggie pizza might not be well balanced against other buff foods for certain builds – true. Unfortunately this is not an exploit. Better luck next time.

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I want the time I wasted reading the OP back

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This isn’t an exploit, and ANet has already balanced it how they want to. It won’t and shouldn’t change.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

BaconofPigs.1683

Yay, let’s throw around trigger words like “exploit” on every thopic or game aspect we disagree/dislike.

Let’s not give any care to what exploit actually means but rather generate a lot of buzz for this rant/complaint/suggestion we have.

I’m sure the inability to use proper terminology will absolutely make people take my topic seriously.

/sarcasm

On topic, rare veggie pizza might not be well balanced against other buff foods for certain builds – true. Unfortunately this is not an exploit. Better luck next time.

And you wrote

rare veggie pizza might not be well balanced against other buff foods for certain builds – true.

So it IS not balanced, and overpowered. Hence it is a bug

And from the wiki

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers.

Since it is a bug and if you use it. It is a misuse. Does it generate in-game benefits without any risk? Yes.

Then by this definition. The food itself is a bug, and its usage is an exploit., Thanks.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It’s a good that gives two corresponding stats, just because it provides a good bonus does not equate to it being overpowered or a Bug, a bug would be something that is unintended, how do you know this is an unintended food item?

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

bla bla

They already did a balance pass on consumables at HoT launch. Devs determined that it was fair for the Pizza to give 20% condi duration, down from 40% condi duration during that balance pass.

That should be more than enough for anyone with a common sense to figure out it’s working as devs intended at the moment. The only catch is common sense is not common at all.

(edited by Izaya.2906)

BaconofPigs.1683

blah blah blah

Having done one balance patch doesn’t mean it’s balance. It’s not. It is clearly not intended from at the dev’s perspective. Look at warrior 35-40k dps. Or look at condi necro 30k dps.

Toning the food down to +100 condi damage, +70 expertise should be one of the steps to normalize and tone down OP all condi builds right now. Anyone with a common sense can see that it’s not balanced. Too bad common sense these days is clearly not common as you said.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

This isn’t an exploit, and ANet has already balanced it how they want to. It won’t and shouldn’t change.

I wouldn’t elevate Anet balancing that much.

The condi food is weird. While it does give technically more stats than any other food, it is also the only food where its primary “stat” will vanish once a certain cap is reached. I mean, sure, the other effects of food diminishes as you stack on more and more buffs, but it never outright stops.

I suppose my biggest issue is that, currently, PVE condi are kind of balanced around the assumption that you’ve got this food. I can run around no problem without consumables on power builds, but on condi builds it means so much more. While there is nothing technically wrong with balancing around consumables, the fact is I hate that it is so unfair to different build styles that one has optional consumables and the other nearly necessary.

If condi builds were brought up a bit, and the condi food was balanced, I wouldn’t mind it too much. I just have to figure out how to do that without breaking PVP.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

/sarcasm

And you wrote

rare veggie pizza might not be well balanced against other buff foods for certain builds – true.

And from the wiki

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers.

Since it is a bug and if you use it. It is a misuse. Does it generate in-game benefits without any risk? Yes.

Then by this definition. The food itself is a bug, and its usage is an exploit., Thanks.

Please don’t use words you don’t understand. Just because something is overtuned (I disagree that it even is), that does not make it a bug. You even quoted the meaning of the word and you still failed to comprehend what it means. A bug does not mean something that is overpowered; it’s an error, flaw, mistake, failure, fault or “undocumented feature” in a computer program that prevents it from behaving as intended. It’s doing exactly what it’s intended to do. Calling it an exploit is even worse and quite frankly you lose all credibility at that point.

If Anet decides it is overpowered then they will balance it. It’s perfectly fine to use until then and it’s downright silly to use terms like bug and exploit to discourage people from using the top condition food.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: Hiraldo.7954

Hiraldo.7954

Do you know what exploit means? Do you know what a bug is? More importantly, do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

[VR] | Maguuma

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

He’s using poor language to convey a valid point of discussion.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The condi food is weird. While it does give technically more stats than any other food, it is also the only food where its primary “stat” will vanish once a certain cap is reached. I mean, sure, the other effects of food diminishes as you stack on more and more buffs, but it never outright stops.

Precision also vanishes.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Izaya.2906

blah blah blah

Having done one balance patch doesn’t mean it’s balance. It’s not. It is clearly not intended from at the dev’s perspective. Look at warrior 35-40k dps. Or look at condi necro 30k dps.

Toning the food down to +100 condi damage, +70 expertise should be one of the steps to normalize and tone down OP all condi builds right now. Anyone with a common sense can see that it’s not balanced. Too bad common sense these days is clearly not common as you said.

There’s a huge difference between something being over/under-tuned and being an exploit. You cannot claim its an exploit because it isn’t balanced(according to your opinion).

You called it an exploit which exactly means abusing some unintended mechanic/feature/item in the game in order to gain an unfair advantage. The devs intend Pizza to function as they currently do otherwise they wouldn’t tune it to those stats in the first place.

If they feel it’s too powerful then they will nerf it but it is perfectly fine to use it now and isn’t an exploit in any way.

English isn’t even my native language and it’s clear as day for me.

If you want to talk about condi DPS then Pizza is part of it but isn’t the right venue to balance condi DPS since nerfing it will also nerf decent/good condi DPS builds like rangers/engi to being bad. The balancing will be done specifically to lower Berserkers and Reapers DPS.

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Cyninja.2954

He’s using poor language in order to grab peoples attention for a maybe valid point of discussion.

The mere fact that TC has to create such a smokefield just to get people interested in his complaint/idea should be indication enough of how much attention this point might have gotten otherwise.

He also does not address the issue of expertise actually caping at 100%. Forcing condition builds into their second primary damage stat and secondary stats(primary: expertise, condition damage. secondary: precision). Power builds have no caps on their primary or secondary damage stats (primary: power, precision. secondary: ferocity). Not even going into the damage loss for conditions that not run their full duration due to:

- cleanse
- enemy death
- immunities

as is this is at most an issue in pve boss fights of a set duration and above (which TC also forgot to mention).

As is he just compares buff foods while he does not take into account the itemisation system of the game. That is an incomplete argument at best, and a faulty one at worst.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

There is also ‘cleansing’ danger for condies, wich does NOT exist for power builds.

You think there will be no raid, wich ‘cleanse condition mechanics’? The food will be barely good then. Learn to see wider then your own tunnel vision op please.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Sesshi.2610

Sesshi.2610

FIX CONDI FOOD PLZZZZZZZ, VIPER EXPLOIT META BREAKING THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Precision also vanishes.

Question: Does the extra precision help against up-leveled enemeis? I vaguely remember a discussion thread about it back then, but I can’t remember if increased precision had an effect against the crit rate reduction from being underleveled.

He’s using poor language in order to grab peoples attention for a maybe valid point of discussion.

The mere fact that TC has to create such a smokefield just to get people interested in his complaint/idea should be indication enough of how much attention this point might have gotten otherwise.

My memory is a bit longer, so I remember the nature of condi food being discussed multiple times in the past. Particularly when it was at +40% duration, and the difference between having it and not was far more substantial. The issue is one that hasn’t really gone away, just reduced a bit over time. I’ve been wondering for quite awhile why it is that Anet hasn’t fully embraced the expertise system, and converted food buffs and other sources to static additions. What we have now is kind of a messy patchwork.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

How about just ban eating ?

Its an exploit – I mean come on players – get real.
This food is expensive.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Cyninja.2954

Precision also vanishes.

Question: Does the extra precision help against up-leveled enemeis? I vaguely remember a discussion thread about it back then, but I can’t remember if increased precision had an effect against the crit rate reduction from being underleveled.

My memory is a bit longer, so I remember the nature of condi food being discussed multiple times in the past. Particularly when it was at +40% duration, and the difference between having it and not was far more substantial. The issue is one that hasn’t really gone away, just reduced a bit over time. I’ve been wondering for quite awhile why it is that Anet hasn’t fully embraced the expertise system, and converted food buffs and other sources to static additions. What we have now is kind of a messy patchwork.

Precision being caped at 100% crit is also moot at this point. Yes, technically precision does cap but that is only achievable with Fury boon up (and/or heavy investment in assassins gear at expense of power). Now please someone point me to the 20% condition duration boon that was added in HoT… wait there is none, really?

Effectively allowing power builds to stack more power and ferocity.

I will agree to that the current situation is messy and could use some cleaning up. My guess is arenanet went overboard with making codition damage viable but hasn’t worked out all the kinks. The reduction in codition duration on food seems like a wildswing to make vipers more attractive. I can’t say I blamen them though, reducing condition duration food even more would have caused people freaking out about requiring raid trinkets for BiS gear.

They could change fury to provide crit and condition duration, but that might cause some serious double dipping for certain builds.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I ate too much pizza and gained 3 pounds in a week…
…I’m glad steaks aren’t this op.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It’s not an exploit. They just didn’t use the same standard for every stats. It was the same thing with ferocity. Critical damage food were nerfed when they standardized it. They could standardized it now too for condition duration. But that would hit ALL condi build. Condi Warrior would probably still be op since he’s so much ahead of everything else. But build like condi would be useless because he would have less dps than direct damage with a more difficult rotation. Reaper, Ranger, Guardian, Elementalist would probably all go extinct too in condi build.

Because you also need to take into account the noursihment, that would represent something like a 15-20% nerf to all condi build. If they ever decide to do it, they would need to balance thing out to limit the nerf to maybe 5% They would also have to buff some specific build like ranger, guardian and nerf Warrior.

It would also be nice to balance Mesmer, Thief and Revenant.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

/sarcasm

And you wrote

And from the wiki

I disagree with your logic – not that I support the food but if something isn’t balanced that doesn’t automatically make it a bug or an exploit.

Was PvP DD ele a bug up until the recent meta change?

Also – you mention the fact that it gives an in-game benefit without any risk – but all food and consumables do that.
You’re using the wrong definition here – the one you provided is most likely aimed at things as mob manipulation and glitching encounters and things of the sort.

When defining an exploit you should take into account if that player is knowingly breaking the game – if he’s aware of what he’s doing – otherwise I believe a player is not to be blamed. Why should he?
Yes the food is strong – but there are people who might be using it because they’ve used it before the patch that changed condi and had it around – does this mean they are purposely exploiting the game? No. To claim otherwise is absurd.

What am I supposed to do as a player from now on? Check if my food/utility buffs are balanced against other foods and utilities every time Anet makes a change to the game or patches it to make sure I’m not accidentally using something that’s OP?

It falls to them to fix this stuff – you can’t really accuse anyone of anything – because no player is under the obligation to care about the hard stats, game balance and how some things might or might not be broken.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

(edited by Harper.4173)

Harper.4173

Using poor language should invalidate your claims – until you present your argument properly and in an understandable manner people should just ignore it.
It’s nobody’s job to teach him how to express himself.

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

condi necro 30k dps.

:^)

Wethospu.6437

Precision also vanishes.

Yes, it does but unless you are planning to use lower level characters in raids it’s not very relevant.

Precision being caped at 100% crit is also moot at this point. Yes, technically precision does cap but that is only achievable with Fury boon up (and/or heavy investment in assassins gear at expense of power). Now please someone point me to the 20% condition duration boon that was added in HoT… wait there is none, really?

Effectively allowing power builds to stack more power and ferocity.

If you don’t have near permanent fury on your groups then in it won’t make a big difference whether food gives 100 or 1000 attributes.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

BaconofPigs.1683

He also does not address the issue of expertise actually caping at 100%. Forcing condition builds into their second primary damage stat and secondary stats(primary: expertise, condition damage. secondary: precision). Power builds have no caps on their primary or secondary damage stats (primary: power, precision. secondary: ferocity). Not even going into the damage loss for conditions that not run their full duration due to:

- cleanse
- enemy death
- immunities

as is this is at most an issue in pve boss fights of a set duration and above (which TC also forgot to mention).

As is he just compares buff foods while he does not take into account the itemisation system of the game. That is an incomplete argument at best, and a faulty one at worst.

Critical chance is capped at 100%. Though Power is not capped, but neither does Condition Damage. Ferocity is minor factor in effective power. Then you should take into consideration that direct damage is divided by the mobs’ armor value, which decreases it further. True, condition damage coefficient should have taken care of the the balance between power (when divided by armor and multiply by the ferocity factor) vs condition damage (without the division). That left is condition duration cap vs precision cap.

It doesn’t change the fact that it is OP. Toning it down via normalization to +100 Expertise (6.66% condition duration, from 20%) +70 condition damage would do the job.

I also never mention that anyone should get banned for this. Remember those two days where the birthday gun gave +2000 to all stats to a level 2 when scaled up in WvW or in fractal? It is the same thing. No one got banned, but nevertheless was an exploit and it did get fixed. Same with this food.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If I press buy on the tp and then click on the slice of pizza, fully knowing that it’s the BiS slot for my condi warrior, fully aware that no other food would match it, fully conscious that I’m being a filthy elitist… I’m exploiting? :O

I kinda feel bad about it now… great, I won’t spent any more money on it and will buy the cheaper version! If anyone complains about it, I’ll just say veggie pizza is an exploit…
I prefer mushrooms anyway. Yay!

Harper.4173

What’s funny is that it isn’t even an exploit – it’s just a bug.
What’s sad is the OP throwing the term around in order to “clickbait” people into his sensational topic.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Wot. Its not even a bug.

Izaya.2906

What’s sad is the OP throwing the term around in order to “clickbait” people into his sensational topic.

It’s not even a bug too. The devs fully know what 20% condition duration means and purposely chose those stats to stick on the consumable as of HoT release.

There is really no point with convincing people their opinion is just only that, an opinion.

Some people think 20% condition duration is too good, some people think it’s too bad compared to what it was before getting nerfed (40% condition duration) and some people think it’s in the right spot.

There is totally nothing wrong with that but the fact of the matter is that the consumable is currently working as it is intended to be. Devs wanted it to give 20% duration and that is what it exactly does.

It being too much, too little or just enough is another discussion altogether.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

OP needs to learn the difference between bug, exploit and overpowered. They aren’t the same thing, not even CLOSE.

Anet already fixed this food. It’s very reasonable as it is.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Anet already fixed this food. It’s very reasonable as it is.

Not really. Long time ago we had a +10% crit dmg food which was then normalised to +70 ferocity after a ferocity implementation.

Harper.4173

It’s not even a bug too. The devs fully know what 20% condition duration means and purposely chose those stats to stick on the consumable as of HoT release.

There is really no point with convincing people their opinion is just only that, an opinion.

Some people think 20% condition duration is too good, some people think it’s too bad compared to what it was before getting nerfed (40% condition duration) and some people think it’s in the right spot.

There is totally nothing wrong with that but the fact of the matter is that the consumable is currently working as it is intended to be. Devs wanted it to give 20% duration and that is what it exactly does.

It being too much, too little or just enough is another discussion altogether.

I’m calling it a bug because I’ve noticed the recent trend of things being “fixed” – because they were “bugs” – Chak meta event, magnetite shard drop rate.

It’s very easy to fix a highly debated thing or change it or nerf it if you call its previous state a “bug” and just put out that you’re “fixing it”. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

o/10 op might just be kittened

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This is a food that can only be used in PvE, I don’t see why this is a problem. If it could be used in PvP, then I could see it being an issue.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Cyninja.2954

- cleanse
- enemy death
- immunities

Critical chance is capped at 100%. Though Power is not capped, but neither does Condition Damage. Ferocity is minor factor in effective power. Then you should take into consideration that direct damage is divided by the mobs’ armor value, which decreases it further. True, condition damage coefficient should have taken care of the the balance between power (when divided by armor and multiply by the ferocity factor) vs condition damage (without the division). That left is condition duration cap vs precision cap.

It doesn’t change the fact that it is OP. Toning it down via normalization to +100 Expertise (6.66% condition duration, from 20%) +70 condition damage would do the job.

I also never mention that anyone should get banned for this. Remember those two days where the birthday gun gave +2000 to all stats to a level 2 when scaled up in WvW or in fractal? It is the same thing. No one got banned, but nevertheless was an exploit and it did get fixed. Same with this food.

The caped crit I already addressed further up, but let’s actually get some numbers in.

Using the precision formula for level 80:

Critical Chance = (Precision – 916) / 21

That is exactly 20×21 precision = 420 worth of stat points you get from Fury boon (20% crit flat). Power builds can straight up get more Primary stat than condition builds and/or more secondary stats. You started this thread arguing that condition food gave more stats than power food. Well guess what, boons favor power builds. Give condition builds a condition duration boon and we can talk balance in other areas. Fury boon is basically everywhere, I don’t see everyone poping 50s-1g buff food all the time.

Also your minor factor ferocity comes down to this:

1% crit damage at 80 = 15 stat points.

Use those 420 stat points from Fury Boon in Ferocity instead of Precision and it comes out to:

420/15 = 28% Crit damage

I hope I don’t have to do the math on what this means for crit caped power builds (which they all are). How is this “a minor factor”? The argument could be made that power still beats ferocity, which in essence just means that ferocity gets stacked on the side as much as possible while maintaining maximum power.

Direct damage is instant, condition damage is wasted once the enemy dies. Which as I mentioned further up becomes ONLY a factor in extended boss fights. Most enemys below champion (and some weack champions too) don’t live long enough to matter.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Wethospu.6437

I understand everyone enjoys pointless discussions, nothing wrong with that. But you just can’t isolate a single thing and justify balance with it.

Posted by: Sassy.1697

Sassy.1697

But it’s veggie..

..v stands for valid.. so no exploit!

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

A bit late but feel the need to add more:
Rice balls = 10% more healing
Seaweed salad = 10% more damage
Veggie Pizza (180→200% condi duration) = 11% more damage.

Also runes are generally 175 primary stat, 100 secondary stat and a bonus. Why isn’t the OP complaining about boon duration or condi duration runes such as rune of nightmare that gives 225 expertise instead of 100. Sounds like all those condi/boon duration runes are “exploits” or maybe… that’s how things are balanced and Anet wants it that way since you can’t always compare these things at a 1 to 1.