Please reduce all token gain/costs by a factor of 10

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You get a full stack of tokens in four runs through a dungeon, and most items cost multiple stacks of a token. Is there any reason why an item needs to cost 300 tokens and not 30? Is there even any item that costs less than 10 tokens, or any price that isn’t a multiple of 10?

If you got 6 tokens per run instead of 60 and an item cost 30, you could get 8 items with one stack worth of tokens instead of 10. That’d be a lot more convenient on my backpack.

Posted by: StevieMJH.9105

StevieMJH.9105

There are items that cost 1 token. i.e. potions, etc.

Although the solution at that point would be to simply sell stacks of them instead of one individually. I agree with this. Just one more stupid inconvenience that they weren’t bright enough to see coming.

Posted by: Kurzick.6375

Kurzick.6375

illusion of value is the answer, what looks better being rewarded $3 or being rewarded $300? as with any person looking at the higher value feels better

what looks more epic? an item worth 3 tokens or an item worth 300 tokens?

as for bank space that is why there is an option to expand them, buy more bank space or buy bigger bags it is all optional that is what it is, the game is a f2p and there is a cash shop if you choose to use it (for convenience), don’t want to pay money? convert gold to gems farm and get gold and covert to gems to buy more bank space or anything in the gem store

Convenience comes with a price its not free, you will learn this in life as you grow up

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

Don’t hoard them. You can buy anything from the Dungeon merchants if you have 2 stacks of tokens. It’s just proper inventory management.

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

Why wouldn’t you hoard them, if you already have all the equipment you want? Banking 1500 or so tokens so that you can outfit an alt as soon as they hit level 80 shouldn’t really be a decision to agonize over, but as it is, doing so is going to eat up 20% of your bank, all by itself.

I definitely agree that token stacking is a bit of a problem, but I don’t know if reducing the number of them would be the perfect solution. I’d be perfectly willing to go without the potions available from the token merchants (or to make potions only available in stacks of 10), but as I understand it, there’s a plan in the works to update dungeons to give small numbers of tokens as random drops throughout the dungeon, and making tokens (effectively) only available in stacks of 10 could throw a wrench into those plans.

I suppose an alternate fix would be to introduce a different denomination of each token, and allow the token merchants to exchange between them (eg. 250 Ascalonian Tears could be exchanged for 1 Bowl of Salty Ascalonian Tears, which could be exchanged back into 250 Ascalonian Tears). That would mean that you would never have to deal with more than two item slots being taken up by any one type of token, at least.

It would be ideal if they were just stored as a currency, like Gems, Gold, and Karma, but that might take some doing.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Kinda wish they stacked up to 1000. Think im up to 500+ TA tokens atm.

Posted by: CaptainOok.1048

CaptainOok.1048

I agree with this. No real sense in that.
However, I think the real solution would be to make tokens an account currency like gems, glory… It’s just an inconvenience moving them around your inventory/bank.

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

However, I think the real solution would be to make tokens an account currency like gems, glory… It’s just an inconvenience moving them around your inventory/bank.

Limited bank space means buy another bank slot.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Funny I was asking myself that yesterday. But my solution was allowing tokens to stack higher then 250 even though it goes against all the other stacks of stuff.

But yes, at one point I had 4 stacks of 250 AC tokens and Hotw tokens while I was saving for a guardian alt I was leveling.

I do agree that it’s dumb that a set of tokens for a full set of gear requires 6 slots of inventory space. Multiplied by the fact that are multiple dungeons that you may want to save tokens for and it only takes 5 bonus runs to get over 1 stack.

Everything should have it’s cost reduced and rewards should be reduced.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

What Kami posted is pretty much the jist of it as far as I can tell, thus it doesn’t bother me.

If you reduced it so that you only got 6 at the end of a run and things cost less, then they’d probably just make it so that you could only stack 25.

Posted by: CaptainOok.1048

CaptainOok.1048

Limited bank space means buy another bank slot.

Although is probably an issue for some people since gem price is very high now and it keeps rising, I don’t have this problem. I bought all my bank slots when gems were fairly cheap (I got a strange feeling you might have done the same :/).

Like I said, I’m referring to the inconvenience of moving the tokens around, keeping track of them across all of your characters, going to the bank to dump them/get them before you go to the dungeon merchants etc…

I think all of these issues can easily be solved by making tokens a currency.

b.t.w Next time try to explain why the poster’s idea is bad, instead of just stating the obvious.

(edited by CaptainOok.1048)

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

The currency idea is a great one

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

i’d like it if the stack sizes were increased, to 1000 or something.

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

Posted by: kuroi.5467

kuroi.5467

i agreed with OP up until dood pointed out that you could, in fact, almost always exchange 1-2 stacks for one of the items you want, which means you should never have a lot more slots for tokens than you would for the armorset that will replace it. if you’re saving for alts, make the alt, take the tokens, and buy them with that alt. done.

also, i know this is off topic, but anyone who’s buying gems with gold… as much gold as you’re making me, i cannot believe that it’s ever worth the, what, 50s it costs for 100 gems? 800 of them are ten bucks, or 80 for a dollar. assuming you make $7.5 an hour (minimum wage where i am), that’s 600 gems an hour, or 3g. i don’t think anyone is making 3g an hour very often farming-in game. and the price of gems is only going up.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

illusion of value is the answer, what looks better being rewarded $3 or being rewarded $300? as with any person looking at the higher value feels better

what looks more epic? an item worth 3 tokens or an item worth 300 tokens?

as for bank space that is why there is an option to expand them, buy more bank space or buy bigger bags it is all optional that is what it is, the game is a f2p and there is a cash shop if you choose to use it (for convenience), don’t want to pay money? convert gold to gems farm and get gold and covert to gems to buy more bank space or anything in the gem store

Convenience comes with a price its not free, you will learn this in life as you grow up

Totally agree. It’s a psychological trick. More zeroes, more “value”.
While, yes, funnily dungeons can just drop 6 tokens and an armor needs 30 tokens, and it would be exactly the same haha

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter