Pls fix drops for fractals above lvl 30

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Yes another thread about this, yet I feel my inquiry is different. Please make it so it is impossible to get absolutely nothing from a chest above lvl 30. It’s been 4 fractals run in a row (three lvl 42 + one lvl 36) where I have gotten nothing, not even a ring. I feel like this being a possibility diminishes all the work (fun still) I’ve put in and takes away the rewards from doing fractals.

Fractals being the most challenging PvE content in the game, why is it punishing people for doing high level fractals by giving them just as much rewards as the lowest level possible. I understand how it is somewhat of a lottery and maybe I’ll get lucky this time, but not getting even a ring for a lvl 42 feels like I’ve been robbed. 4x times in a row now. =/

Simply make it so it is not a possible “drop” to get nothing from the daily lvl 30+ fractals.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Benson.9063

Benson.9063

i know what you mean. even if it’s a ring i get excited that there’s something purple at least. but at 30+ most likely you don’t need anymore rings and it’s basically just trash. so i’d rather have increased chance of the chests and decreased chance of ring, meaning increased chance of diddly squat. but yeah, spend 40 min (1 hr+?) in there and get nothing and i feel like… such a waste of time! don’t really know the solution though because you can’t just simply award an ascended item 100% of the time. account bound exotic maybe?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Adding a guaranteed chance of an item would mean they would have to change the chance of “good” items being picked to a lower % (assuming they want to keep the chance to get rarer items equal).

Result = more useless rings, less of a “oh I got something cool” feeling.

So no. As mentioned earlier, you should not be needing rings at post 30, so making them a 100% drop is not a good idea.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

have you been doing these fractal runs actually back to back if so you might be hitting DR so you should go do something

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Nah I was doing these fractal runs daily, once every day for weeks now with my friends.

Cyninja, I don’t want an actual 100% chance of getting an ascended ring at above lvl 30 although you can’t argue with me that getting nothing is an appropriate reward for the content being played.

Also, by the time you are doing regular lvl 30+ fractals, rings are an okay reward already. Your point about it being less of a “oh I got something cool” feeling seems wrong since you’re already past that point. I don’t know exactly how eliminating the chance of getting nothing actively impacts the % on rarer items. “nothing” is a value in drop rates and I think it should be eliminated past a certain level, in my opinion past lvl 30 but maybe from Anet/others it could be a different level. It just is rubbish to get nothing at almost the top lvl fractal possible.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Rewards are just inconsistent aka RNG. One week, I got 3 ascended armor chests. Then I’ll go a while getting rings every time. Then I hit a dry spell, like now. I got nothing in my last five 30+ fractals. I only run about three per week, unless guildmates want help with the daily, so I shouldn’t be hitting DR.

Here’s to hoping the xpac fractal mastery has something to do with rewards. Cheers!

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

I disagree with this. I run plenty of fractals daily, usually 3-5+ runs. And yes sometimes you get blanks on-end, but the majority of them are rings and ascendeds/skins which you don’t use anyway and end up complaining about later down the road(I’m at about 600-700+ rings right now on storage chars).
You also fail to take into account the amount of rares/exotics you get from the boss chests + mobs, that add’s up very quickly.
Fractals give alot of decent rewards, not just from dailies.