PoF stat combos obtainable with Mag Shards?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Q:

In WvW, new PoF runes/sigils and HP won’t be obtainable with old (current) currency used to buy HoT things.

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

So my question is, will this be the same for ascended gear you get from raids?
Will we need new currency to get gear with the new stats?
Or can I use magnetite shards to buy ascended gear with PoF stats on them after PoF is live?

On the same topic, will PvP and WvW armor purchased now be able to select PoF stats or are those going to use new currencies also?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

For economic reasons, I’d expect them to introduce a new raid currency in PoF raids, which replaces magnetite shards. Consequently, I don’t expect PoF stats to be available via magnetite.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So, they are going to indroduce the traditional expansion gear grind, just camouflaged a bit.
Laaameeeee….

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So, they are going to indroduce the traditional expansion gear grind, just camouflaged a bit.
Laaameeeee….

It’s not anything close to the same thing. Traditional gear grind means you literally cannot play certain content until you grind to get the new gear. In this case, the very worst that happens is that you aren’t as efficient as QT while you’re using your old gear.

It’s a choice to grind in this game, not a prerequisite. It might be a very hard-to-forgo choice, but it’s still a choice.

I, too, would prefer just spending my hoarded mats & currencies, without having to play, but I can respect the design choice that ANet is making to ensure that everyone starts on a less-unequal footing.

tl;dr traditional gear grind prevents you from playing new content; in this case, the worst case if playing less efficiently for a short time

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Laaameeeee….

It’s not anything close to the same thing. Traditional gear grind means you literally cannot play certain content until you grind to get the new gear. In this case, the very worst that happens is that you aren’t as efficient as QT while you’re using your old gear.

It’s a choice to grind in this game, not a prerequisite. It might be a very hard-to-forgo choice, but it’s still a choice.

I, too, would prefer just spending my hoarded mats & currencies, without having to play, but I can respect the design choice that ANet is making to ensure that everyone starts on a less-unequal footing.

tl;dr traditional gear grind prevents you from playing new content; in this case, the worst case if playing less efficiently for a short time

Let’s also not forget that changing stats on existing ascended gear means that for a very small fraction of the total cost people will be able to regear to new stats if need be.

It’s a healthy medium ground between absolutely no upgrades and adding a complete new tier making everything else obsolete.

While at the same time creating more of an incentive for people to actually work towards ascended or legendary items longterm.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If anything you’ll need to collect the materials (or buy them off of the TP) and then unlock the recipes for the new stats.

I get that Anet has to introduce some wall so that you have to have access to the expansion to finalize the gear. Otherwise players with only core/HoT purchases would be able to make the new stats without having bought the expansion.

Seeing how Mag shards were introduced in HoT I would assume you’ll need “Desert Shards” in order to buy items from any new Raids introduced in PoF. Still, you can buy the boxes from the current raid vendor using Mag shards and just toilet the stats once you get the new inscriptions/insignias from PoF.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t see them requiring a new currency. They’ll most likely just lock out the tabs for those that don’t own PoF.

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

You will probably need a new currency. This is probably to further prevent players who don’t have PoF from getting the stats in it. Same way with how you can’t get HoT stats if you don’t have it. AkA you can not buy the insignia or anything with said stats on the market place.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You will probably need a new currency. This is probably to further prevent players who don’t have PoF from getting the stats in it.

PvP ascended gear rewards have already proved that you don’t need new, expac-locked currenty for that. They already can show different vendor tabs to players depending on their expac unlock status.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November